Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Liar - Gym

Expecting a frontal assault upon hearing the voice that definitely didn't belong to Kri, Lusi, or Fate, Liar instinctively made a power-assisted dash towards a nearby window frame.

His goal? Throwing himself through it in an effort to get behind at least some measure of cover as he progressed towards regrouping with the other members of his "team." And by some small stroke of luck, he was already in the air before the capsules could even shatter against the ground.

But since they were already kind enough to start giving out gifts, it would've been quite rude to simply leave without handing out a few of his own first.

In addition to the bullet now flying at their leg, Distraction Rahk would also have to contend with a duo of firecrackers - both lit, ready to explode, and sailing in the general direction of their torso. Given the sound of the previous shot being fired, he assumed that subtlety was something he no longer had to worry about.

Happy Naming Day, Karz-Head.

You may have saved us the trouble of having to hunt down you and your friends... but at least Phase Two is still somewhat operational.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Diode:

Diode lunged toward Illusive, tracking the shimmering rahk as best she could and jabbing at their outstretched arm with her pronged electric weapon.

The bullet hit him in the thigh, and she hissed in pain, but inertia carried her forward, past the lit firecrackers, and they went off behind him.

IC God Twins:

"Come, let us move from this place, Aza's shouting will have attracted attention and we do not need more than we can handle right now.

IC Zasma:

Quietly and swiftly, she followed Sliver, taking in everything she could about the prefect to glean where her success lay.

"Any particular direction you were considering?"

GM IC Johmak:

She nodded, "For a time. I am being going to check on your friends soon I think. I will return," she said as comfortingly as she could.

GM IC Hand of Spiriah:

March nodded, "That's impressive."

"Yeah, well, they make up for their smarts with a pretty solid lack of natural instinct..." spoke a rahkshi that could only be Vex, with a whistley rasp.

"Maybe....that's the trade.... for their intelligence?" a deliberate, pacing of words from the incredibly massive Limited Invulnerability Rahkshi called Flack.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"That way," I pointed in the direction the earlier shout had come from.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paladin - Gym

I kept looking behind us, in case we were ambushed, but continued to follow Thurisaz.

IC: Rider - Refectory

"I was actually hoping we could....spar. After the assignment, of course."

IC: Thud - Gym

Surprisingly, the Panrahk managed to cloak quite well into the dark, keeping close to a back wall and becoming as one with the building as possible.

IC: Crate - Gym

"So what now, Door? Where are we off to?"

--IC: Kri, Pyle, and Oshi: In the Mock City--

One of the green one's capsules shattered at Kri;s feet, trapping her for a few moments.  She rather enjoyed the tingling.

As she stayed stuck in place, she swung her Butterfly Knife haphazardly at whoever was close enough.

As Waiata and Slif continued on with their slightly ridiculous plan, Pyle decided to make himself useful.  "I'm going to scout around a little; I'll tell you what I see," he told Purple Chick.

Kororia's hugs and gentle words calmed Oshi down a little.  At the very least, the tears stopped falling.  "I... I'm OK.  I'm f-f-fine."  She returned Kororia's hug.

She made a mental note to keep any connection she triggered far, far away from Aza.

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

He hissed softly. The Hand's obvious disdain of the New Breed was not giving him any reason to trust them.

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

"O-okay..." Hoto's head fell as she tried to hide her fear. She would be alone again. Completely and utterly alone in an unfamiliar place of unfamiliar and dangerous Rahkshi that might have...

No, I can't think like that. Not now. I've... I've done it before. I'll be fine.

IC: Tube - Gym Maze

Tube looked down at the cracks under their feet. "I'm sorry, Master," they muttered before following Thurisaz again.

IC: Reda - Gym Maze

"Don't go too far out of sight," Reda warned. "I'm not in the mood to fight a three on four."

IC: Garrotte - Gym Maze

Well, that was underwhelming. What was she supposed to do now. Two of the Rahks were hiding, one flailing, and one... somewhere on the roofs with a powerful weapon. Garrotte decided the ground was under control and leapt into flight mode to softly glide atop the nearest rooftop. She landed quietly, and looked around for the sniper from her new vantage point.

Edited by Click

--IC: Pyle: In the Mock City--

"No problem," he said, before activating his Chameleon abilities and slinking down the street a little ways.

IC: Illusive - Gym.

Between the electrified stabby thing poking painfully at my arm, and Kri's own wild knife swinging, grabbing her suddenly didn't seem so safe. Karz! I yanked back my aching arm and started to move backwards, deeper into the building, level 1 powers still active.

If I was lucky, one of the attacking rahks would pursue me, allowing me to fight one-on-one instead of being peppered with potshots from every direction at once. And of course, if none of them followed me, then I'd be able to work my way around and ambush the ambushers. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vlad / Gym

The Illusion Rahk's attempt to grab Kri did not escape Vlad's notice. There were several possible explanations - possibly this group had schemed to fake a VIP, or the illusion Rahkshi was just trying to protect a personal friend. But considering how quickly Illusive gave up, the latter seemed unlikely; the heated debate Vlad's own group had walked into made the possibility of an agreed-upon deception dubious. In all, Vlad calculated, odds were decent that Kri was the VIP - and anyways, she seemed an easy target.

As he hastily advanced, the Vorahk lashed out with his whip once more, this time sending it swiftly sweeping toward the shins of the stuck Kri such that it would wrap around them. If it touched her, his Hunger powers channeled through the whip would begin to siphon out her energy. Then as he stepped to just beyond Kri's flailing knife he brought his battleaxe crashing down toward the hand holding it.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Kororia - Team Baby Wigglers, Back In Action

Kororia smiled at Oshi warmly, and then stood, extending her arms as an offer to help her get up. “Ezec’s right. Let’s go inside. Dad gave me some really nice biscuits we can eat while we make a plan!”

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

-IC: Mute/The Gym/Searching From The Buildings-

Mute silently watched Exigent walk away, before beginning his own scouting. He was unsure of where to look, but knew that he should. And he was high up...something that could certainly help when looking for groups.

Once again silencing his footsteps, Mute entered the building that the balcony was attached to. He scanned side-to-side, keeping a constant eye out for any other groups. If he was unfortunate to come across a group of three, his best bet was to throw up a field of silence before running away. But...if he could isolate one person somehow...

Mute emerged on a different balcony, and looked at the streets below. He still couldn't hear or see anyone, and...he was getting awfully far from the VIP. With one last cursory glance around, Mute re-entered the building, back towards the balcony he had entered. He was fairly certain no one else was around, aside from his team. But he couldn't shake the feeling that it was too quiet - even quieter than what he was used to.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

--IC: Kri and Oshi: In the Mock City--

The whip did indeed meet its mark, wrapping firmly around Kri's trapped legs with a loud snap.  It felt good.  As her energy drained out, her knees started to buckle with pleasure.

Her Butterfly Knife continued to flail about, as the battleaxe came down.  It landed, but just as her arm moved; thus, the arm was not severed.  It did leave a good, solid, deep gash in her armor.

In spite of herself, Kri let out a moan.  The pain... it felt so... wondrous.

Oshi reached up to grab Kororia's hand, hauling herself up.  She huddled rather close to the Rahkshi of Elasticity, casting a wary eye on Aza.

She nodded at Kororia's suggestion to go inside.

Edited by Scrubbish

IC: Fate - Gym
Gun reloaded, I rolled over to return to my original position. As I did, I caught sight of a rahk from the offending team flying to the roof nearby, and landing. Not good.This was the rahk with the sticky poison, which would did not bode well for me.

However, the vip had to take precedence. Taking less time to aim for fear of being discovered, I targeted the shoulder of the whip holding arm of Kri's assailant. As I did, I began to erode the molecules of the stone beneath me, sinking into the roof with a light hissing sound. I pulled the trigger, and tucked my rifle against my body as I rotated my body and slowly tunneled through the ceiling. I only needed a few more moments to get through.

IC: Phantom - The Forge
She looked up quickly, shaking her head. She didn't want to offend Gaever, and she really was interested in the forging process....
But she was afraid of getting distracted with her wind again.

"Maybe I watch, and after.... you help me?"

IC: Sim - Gym
"Alright, alright... I'm not too keen on running through the middle of the street, that's like painting a target on my face. But,"

He pointed his arm to the wall, and shot the grappling cable into it.
"If you head across to the other side, I could catch your arms with this."

Edited by Coconut Fella

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

Something about Kri's reaction wasn't right. Was she... enjoying this? The thought somehow reminded Vlad how delicious the life energy flowing into him was... not something he wanted to focus on. He realized a ravenous grin was involuntary making its way over his face, and quickly banished it. He had to disable this Rahkshi as quickly as possible. And it looked like he was the only one still fighting on the ground, so the sniper would probably be aiming at him next...

Continuing to drain Kri's energy for purely pragmatic reasons, he began to strafe around Kri, hoping to complicate aiming at him by putting her between himself and the sniper -

A shot rang out!

The Vampire dropped hastily down to one knee, and cried out in pain as he felt something tear a hole low in one of his battered spines. The sweet vitality flowing into him from Kri mitigated the pain somewhat, at least...

Not wanting to wait around and further test his dodging skills, he swung his axe up at Kri's flailing arm again as he rose (hoping not as much to sever the hand as to knock the knife from it), then yanked hard on the whip so that Kri would fall over and he could retreat, dragging her, into the relative safety of the alleyway currently behind him.

IC: Gaever / Forge

Gaever nodded. "Agreed," she said, mildly smiling. She was not sure what advice she would give a weather control Rahk about their powers, but for Phantom, she would try.

In the meantime, an axe attachment.

She first constructed the attaching portion, in much the same fashion as she had before for the connector: a shaft collar of sorts, with a latch to clamp firmly in the notches of the staff. The axe part itself was actually less complicated, although getting the metal to weapons grade would take a little effort. The scraps she had were not exactly raw material - the Ghosts, weaponsmiths, had seen to that - but she could still refine it, carefully heating and folding it. The axe blade was the first part shaped and added to the connector, then a spike on the top, and thorny hook in the back. Deliberate attention was paid to its size, to ensure it would be usable on both the longer staff as a halberd end and as a war axe on a shorter staff. Finally she was satisfied with the form, and dunked it in the cool water, producing a gush and hiss of steam.

Of course, it still could be sharpened; flipping a file out of one finger, she spent a few minutes applying this finishing touch.

Finally, she latched it onto the long staff. "It is complete, for now," she announced. She presented it to Phantom once more. "May it protect you well."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

Garrotte was just trying to place where the shot had come from when a second followed, and her head snapped toward it, quickly picking out a bright yellow back tipped with spines. "Hey!" she called in a dissonantly even tone as she began walking toward Fate with large strides.

The weather control rahk beamed in response, watching Gaever as she turned to her work. Considering how quickly the staff adjustments had taken, she figured the two of them would get to work in no time at all. For the time being, however, Phantom played the part of observer dutifully, now keeping a careful eye on her friend's crafting process.

Truthfully, Phantom had no real idea what an axe was. All she had to go on was the object in Gaever's hands. Every time that she paused in her work, Phantom wondered if she'd finished or not. Her breath caught in her throat as she anticipated to receive the metal object, only to release it when the metalworker continued. It also seemed that Phantom's estimation of time had been off. Maybe her distraction had disguised the passage of time previously, but it certainly felt longer.

This anticipation also meant that when Gaever did finally give the axe to Phantom, it was all the more exciting and intriguing.

She accepted the familiar staff with the unfamiliar addition. Stars seemed to glow in her already luminescent eyes.She tapped the bottom of her staff to the ground, wielding it proudly.

"It will." She responded, as confident in Gaever's work as she was pleased.

"Help now?"

"Hey!"
Karz. I should have found another vantage point first. My back was in the open air of the building interior, as were my heels and lower back. No turning back.

Rifle in hand, I tried to pry a bullet from my side, but it was mid transition between levels, so I couldn't even get into it. Double Karz. I poured all of my focus and effort into the disruption of the ground around me, feeling the strain on my suit and slug.

My neck and legs were all that was left. I considered my current options, A; use what limited ammo I have in my shoulders and show my hidden card, B; feign for help, which would be more than unlikely given, or C; continue to bore through the ceiling as the poison rahk approached. Not a terribly appealing set of choices.

I supposed option D would have to do.

Pushing my body up by my arms, I brought my legs in underneath me and shoved them through the hole, my body following suit. I landed on the ground below, and took off towards the nearest doorway.

The yellow Rahkshi rolled over and sat up as if she were giving up... before suddenly disappearing from view. Garrotte broke into a run and leapt to the next building with two more capsules in her hands. As the hole Fate had disappeared into appeared, Garrotte tossed the capsules in after her.

I heard the breaking of glass behind me, and drops of some stinging substance flecked my calves. I turned to see a mass of hardened goo on the ground where I'd been standing moments before. Had I not been running for the doorway, I'd not be running at all-

"Hnghh!!"

My foot stood still as I tried to move forward, enough of the sticky substance to halt my progress. But only just enough to halt me, as my forward momentum pried my foot free of the small amount on my foot. Still, it was amazing that only drops had rendered me a heap on the ground. Staying on all fours in case the goo had not dried, I crawled as quickly as I could through the doorway, and pressed against the wall, my legs gathered up underneath me. Fingering pebbles from the wall with my powers, I applied it to as many of the drops as I could see. Hopefully that would halt the goo's properties.

Edited by Coconut Fella

Gaever smiled a little as she stood. "Indeed," she said, "let us - "

Suddenly she was struck with a wave of feverish nausea. She staggered backwards, trying to put a safe distance between Phantom and herself, as her armor ignited, wreathing her in emerald plasma that painted the room warm and green. She stood shuddering, hands held carefully out, as the sensation turned from vertigo to vigor. She felt like she could vaporize Protosteel or tunnel through a mountain now; an inner flame seemed to have intensified.

Standing tall now, she threw her hands down her cloak of plasma dissipated. She breathed deeply, and an earnest grin crossed her face. "I am now level 3," she announced, breathless and jubilant.

Truly, she was not a failure after all.

Of course, that had probably been alarming. "All is okay," Gaever reassured her. "I just leveled up. That is..." She would have to explain. "The extent of a Rahkshi's powers are determined by their level, which is between one and seven, inclusive. Rahkshi come into being at level one, and when they have gained a critical amount of experience, their level increases. This is often accompanied by a burst of energy associated with their power. My level just increased from two to three, and that brief ignition was the accompanying burst of energy."

Phantom's brow was furled. There was a measurement of their growth by certain numbers? What? Followed by some kind of explosion of whatever powers they had. Which meant she would be windy, or foggy, or something like that.

"Will I have an explosion?" She asked, suddenly very concerned about her and Gaever's well being.

The pebbles bounced and rolled from the goo, it having hardened shortly after being released. And so Garrotte had no problem as she dropped in after Fate, who had unfortunately wasted her time. Garrotte's short sword came out, and she held it level with Fate's faceplates. "Surrender," Garrotte said simply.

"Not likely an explosion, exactly," Gaever elaborated. "A brief sort of... burst of energy. For Weather Control, I would expect winds or fog. Less dangerous than startling."

IC: Thurisaz / Gym Maze

As he crept catlike across the top a building Thurisaz heard a Booger's not distant call. If he had ears, they would have perked up. "Hear that? Quiet now, let's sneak up on them..." he whispered to his comrades. "When we find them, I want Aerahk and Tube to spread out along an adjacent roof while Paladin and I approach on the ground. When everyone's ready, you two open fire on the ones that look most formidable, and Paladin and I will charge in while they're all distracted. After that, we'll play it by ear... Sound good?"

IC: Liar - Gym

Given all the noise that they were making, the Dodge Rahk was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long for the other teams to descend upon their position.

Ducking briefly behind a wall in order to peek back outside and get a better view of the proceedings, he found himself relatively unimpressed.

Two of the enemy team were in the streets, one trying to drag the relatively useless Kri into an alley.

Not surprising. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk, Karz-Head.

The other seemed to be trying to chase Lusi into a building.

Good luck with that.

Fate's almighty "defensive position" was now apparently compromised, seeing as to how their third mystery assailant seemed to now be dropping down into a hole in the roof where said Rahkshi used to be.

Ugh...

And their fourth member had yet to reveal themselves, which, for the moment, at least, gave them the advantage in numbers.

Honestly debating on whether or not they have the right idea here; hide out for a little bit longer, let the ones outside exhaust each other, and wait for the moment to strike. Not like I owe anything to these jerks, anyway.

But after a moment of consideration, he inevitably decided against it.

Then again, though... Where's the fun in that?

One power-assisted dash up to the rooftops later, and Liar suddenly found himself upside-down, readying himself to ambush the sucker attempting to drag Kri into the alleyway from his position above as his limbs strained to keep the rest his body supported between the two semi-adjacent walls of the passage.

"Hey... So, uh... yeah," he said, releasing the pressure built up in his legs as he swung himself downward in an effort kick their shared foe square in the back. "Figured you'd want to fight our team's actual VIP instead of beating on this genius all day. You're welcome."

Hopefully, the sneak attack and the extremely convincing lie he concocted was enough to divert their attention back towards him for a bit, giving his teammate enough time to recover and turn this utter curbstomping of a fight into a much more favorable two-on-one assault. Granted, he personally didn't think that Kri was intelligent enough to pick up on that, given the current animosity between them due to their earlier spat, but hey, life's just full of surprises...

OOC: Should probably wait for Onaku to join in on the fun before posting anything else.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Tear - Gym Maze

With that out of the way, it was time for them to determine their strategy. Tear looked to Floor. "I don't trust our VIP to stay safe if we move too far. We should set up within one of those structures with Door and Crate inside and the two of us watching outside, perhaps from the roof."

IC: Floor

"Roof would be a little easy to spot us... but it's better than standing outside the door. Small d door."

IC: Glass

IC: Xara - Dorm.

"So far," I assured him, "Things haven't changed that much since I left."

"Disappointed?"

"Maybe a little," I admitted, "I'm not sure why, though. I knew things weren't magically going to improve." 

Drat. I was hoping to save this for later, but apparently I had made a severe misstep in my judgement. I had one shoulder more or less aimed at the poison Rahk's lower torso, the other was scrunched against my neck due to my position. Only one usable volley. And at that, I was at very close range, meaning the flash could affect my eyesight as well. The one fact I could take comfort in, though, was that the pebbles had not stuck to the goo, meaning it dried remarkably fast. And if this rahk stored it around their waist...

Without a word, my shoulder opened and fired a volley.

Oh. Well, that was comforting in it's own right. Phantom only hoped that whenever Gaever leveled up again, she wouldn't be so close.
"Maybe... warn me? For next time." She said, shuffling her feet. This had seriously off-put her mood.

There was no time to react as a panel opened in her opponent's armor and released a hail of small pellets. Garrotte only had a moment to briefly ponder just how bad pellets could hurt before her eyes burned with a flash of light that seemed to surround her. She tried to stagger back, but her entire midsection refused to respond, and she went tumbling back into a wall.

As the spots slowly cleared from her vision, Garrotte could make out little more than smoke and the gleaming crystalline goo that was hardening around her waist. "Oh..."

IC: Tube - Gym Maze

Tube stared blankly at Thurstaz and began playing with their glove.

"Only if they are approaching from above as well," Tear replied, "But if we are vigilant, even they wouldn't get a jump on us."

My opponent was stunned, but now my eyes had suffered a similar, if not worse, fate as hers. Everything was bathed in bright, stark, white. Pushing myself away from the rahkshi, I once again began to tunnel through the ground. There was no use in even attempting the stairs right now.

"Apologies," I offered as my knees sank deeper into the floor.

"Mmm..." Phantom was stuck on her words. She still wasn't so comforted,

"Thank you." She said after a moment of fidgeting with her hands.

Phantom knew that Gaever wouldn't have intentionally hurt her, she had offered her food, and warmth, and even a new... thing. She was more worried about what ever was unintentional. Of course, she didn't know if it would hurt. She knew what hurt was, and so far, warm hadn't hurt. Neither had cold. And certainly neither had Gaever. But it was fear that twinged at her response to Gaever, and it seemed to hurt more than anything so far.

"Um... help?" She turned back to Gaever, arms folded tightly, face putting on an attempt at cheer.

Edited by Coconut Fella

"Maybe a little," I admitted, "I'm not sure why, though. I knew things weren't magically going to improve." 

"Well, if you're still set on you and your resistance's plan, we could move beyond just hoping."

"Only if they are approaching from above as well," Tear replied, "But if we are vigilant, even they wouldn't get a jump on us."

IC: Floor

Floor nodded.

"Good thing we'll be leaving our 'VIP' inside."

"Glass... are you sure?" I asked cautiously, "I don't want to drag you any further into this mess... you know what we're up against." 

IC: Booger-Gym

Booger glanced upwards and saw someone standing on the roof, looking back at him. "Hey guys!" He shouted to his teammates, "Are you ready to fight?"

OOC: Sorry If Booger wasn't supposed to see the team about to attack him, but I am getting tired of waiting. I want to fight!

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

She nodded in response, and extended her hands in front of her. It was something different than flexing a muscle... It was almost like breathing. Almost instinctively, she let out a sigh, and the fog around her built again, pouring out from the vents in her armor. This she was used to, the feeling of moisture accumulating and escaping her body. But what she wasn't used to, that's what she needed right now.

She recalled the water, again. That flash of feeling. Like her insides would shake apart and then freeze together.

And then the ice broke.

Her body shuddered. A small ripple glided through the fog, pushing it up in a ring around her, dissipating after only a few feet. This time, Phantom wasn't embarrassed. She was happy with her ripple, and the way it made the fog move around her feet.

"I can do that." She smiled at Gaever.

• Upvote 1