Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Whisper - Infirmary. 

"I was looking for somewhere... safe." I replied, stifling a sob, "My siblings always picked on me."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paradox - Infirmary w/ Grakata

Oh... Oh no... Mustn't... Mustn't Laugh... Y o u    h a v e    g o t    t o    b e    k I d d I n g    m e .    P a t h e t I c . Shut up, I am trying to remain composed here, do not make this more difficult than it already is. "While I am sorry to hear that, I am rather confused as to why you did not put them in their place? Considering you survived against a Toa, at least, from what you've explained, you should have at least had the constitution or fortitude to withstand their childish taunting. Did you happen to posses something they were jealous of, perhaps? I often find that being analytical of another's behavior can often lead to advantages against them in the future, should you find yourself against them."

"It wasn't like that..." I sniffled, "...I was the smallest, the weakest. The easiest target." Spotting an empty chair, I slumped into it, "All I did was fly away from what attacked me in the forest. I didn't fight, didn't even try, I... I just ran."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paradox - Infirmary w/ Whisper

I f    I t    w a s n ' t    f o r    t h e    f a c t    t h a t    I    w o u L d    n o t    h e s I t a t e    t o    p a I n t    t h e    w a L L s    w I t h    t h I s    p a t h e t I c ,    u n w o r t h y    e x c u s e    o f    a    R a h k s h I ,    I    w o u l d    p u k e    f o r    t h e    b o t h    o f    u s . Shocking as the statement may seem, I actually agree with you for once. "Look at it this way, you can at least take a minor measure of pride in knowing that your fight or flight instincts are finely tuned because of it.Oh unholy Makuta, now want to puke. Ugh. Being sympathetic is such a disgustingly unclean feeling... No matter. Orders are orders. Good hunters do their jobs.

IC: A! - Patting Intensifies

A! turned to reply to Draco, stopped himself, and quickly pointed to Thunder in an attempt to gesture that she should be the one to reply. He wished he still had his chalkboard. He had his bags- he must have grabbed them without a second thought, and hooked them on his spines, for some reason- but if he wanted to write a note, he would have to stop patting Lost.

He supposed he'd have to stop doing that eventually, to write something about how sorry he was. He fumbled one-handed in one of his bags for something to write on, or write with.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"I guess so." I let my gaze sink towards the floor, as if I were disappointed in myself. 

IC: Thunder - Incident report

Thunder let out a small growl. She was enjoying the silence, and now she needed to talk again thanks to the newcomer. She sighed and cleared her throat.

"Idiot attacked these two and one other in the refectory. A! screamed and deafened Lost," She gestured to the hurt Rahkshi, "and the attacker. Got there and grabbed Lost before idiot could attack again. Taking them to infirmary." Thunder shuddered and growled, growing more uncomfortable. "Might be fight happening." She added, her voice now lowered to a whisper.

IC: A! - Big Yeller Heading For Infirmary

A! lowered his head to show he felt terrible. Because, honestly, he did. He found a pen floating around in his bag and momentarily stopped his consoling pats to write a word on his hand. He showed it to Lost.

SORRY

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I frowned, regarding the other rahk with a mildly confused expression. Inwardly, however, curiosity was my dominant emotion. "Powers..." I stammered, "...why do you want to know about that?" 

I wasn't well-versed in whatever semblance of social etiquette the New Breed rahks at this school possessed, but this struck me as a somewhat strange turnaround in the conversation. Yes... why do you want to know about that?

IC: Paradox - Infirmary w/ Whisper

"Well, it would be quite strange if you were a Rahkshi with no powers, for one. For two, powers are necessary for survival at this school.For three, it will be advantageous to me to have the knowledge so that I may learn how best to combat it should you cease being useful to me. "Corpus Rahkshi was established to train and sharpen the minds and abilities of new breed Rahkshi like swords and warriors. Given that powers are an extension of Rahkshi, more specifically their Kraata, it makes sense that such training would include the enhancing of powers through physical use." The Panrahk sits in a chair across from the smaller Rahkshi. "Another example would be, should you or I ever find ourselves in an assignment, or fighting on the front lines, we both would need to know how the other operates. Corpus is many things, but at least those whom established this facility had the sense to encourage new breeds to work together, despite the risks such attempts in teamwork present."

"I... um, okay..." I replied faintly, still gazing wanly at the floor, "...that makes sense."

Behind my mumbled acquiescence, I was contemplating the slew of possibilities that my companion's line of questioning presented. Considering that he'd just helped drag me into the school in a bleeding, bruised heap, it seemed unlikely that he genuinely thought me to be a warrior worthy of teaming up with in future, which left me with two likelihoods.

Either this rahk possessed some kind of hero complex, and felt that I was too weak to go on without his protection - the way he was tutoring me on such simple concepts as the purpose of the school and the nature of a Rahkshi's powers certainly served to support this - or his intentions were far less altruistic than they'd first seemed - a suspicion that was well supported by the prying nature of his questions, and his abrupt disregard for my emotions and injuries. Whatever the case, I had no intention of offering him the truth.

"My power is adaptation," I glanced up to offer him a sheepish grimace, "Not very impressive, I know. I'm not much use until I can level up a little more... which is probably never going to happen."

Adaptation? Such a weak thing has the power of adaptation? T h a t    d o e s n ' t    m a k e    s e n s e . Agreed. There must be something that is being withheld. U n L e s s    s h e    I s    b e I n g    g e n u I n e ? Preposterous. I t ' s    s t I L L    a    p o s s I b I L I t y . Weren't you salivating over the thought of carnage not but minutes ago? Y o u ' r e    f o r g e t t I n g    w e    s h a r e    t h e    s a m e    I . Q . . Says the one whom immediately foregoes all logical thought process at the first sight of a wounded being. C h o o s e    y o u r    n e x t    w o r d s    c a r e f u L L y ,    o r    y o u ' l l    r e g r e -- I wasn't finished you dull creature. Do not automatically assume that I've finished speaking just because I insult you. Now, take a moment to rub that small little nut you call a cluster of brain cells, and think on this perspective; What would be HIS thoughts on the matter? T h a t    p e r c e p t I o n s    c a n    b e    f o o l e d . Precisely. Let us assume that this Rahkshi is a Nui-jaga. Do however let me know if I lose you despite using smaller words. Now, this Nui-jaga is small, frail, scarcely a threat. That is the perception it gives. The reality of this Nui-Jaga, is that even at this size, it is still dangerously lethalS o ,    w h a t ,    d o    y o u    p r o p o s e    t h a t    w e    B E F R I E N D    t h I s    j o k e ? No, I propose that we follow our orders, and learn. If this requires further contact with this weakling, then so be it. Knowledge is just a viable weapon as claws or club. I    h o p e    y o u    k n o w    w h a t    y o u ' r e    d o I n g .    T h I s    h a d    b e t t e r    w o r k . Oh hush, we both know you'll be satisfied with the results if this doesn't pan out. "Adaptation. A useful power. Well, i'm more than certain that this school will certainly provide opportunity for you to test your capabilities." Paradox is quiet for a minute, absentmindedly scratching at a patch of green on the inside of his elbow, before feigning a look of realization. "You know, it just occurred to me that neither of us have been properly introduced. My name is Paradox. Who might you be...?"

"Paradox," I repeated the name, internally wondering if 'Enigma' wouldn't be a more fitting moniker for this particular specimen. "Most people call me Whisper, on account of..." I gestured vaguely towards my mouth, "...it's not a good name." 

"It wasn't my choice, but I made it my own." 

In the midst of all my lies, I was willing to acknowledge that one truth. 

"I... okay..." I nodded meekly, trying to decide whether his words stemmed from optimism or cynicism, "I'll try to remember that."

Oh, I'll definitely remember that.

"It would be wise to do so." The Panrahk stretches very slightly, his spines rattling. "So, now that you are officially here; What is it that you hope to gain from Corpus?I would say to get comfortable in the thought that you'll never achieve whatever has brought you here, but that would be spoiling the fun.

There was no doubt in my mind now that this guy was just fishing for information. Personal information. Information that would almost certainly be used against me. He wasn't being particularly subtle about it, either. Still, I appreciated that he was attempting to veil this impromptu interrogation behind a veneer of friendly banter. It was comforting to know that I'd be sharing my new playground with a higher class of schemer. I didn't have much in the way of time or tolerance when it came to those who relied solely on threats and demands. 

"I thought this place would be better than home." I finally replied, "Like I said before, my father's other smart rahkshi-" I could've played it safe, and simply said 'my Makuta', but if this guy wanted information, I thought it only fair to throw him a bone, "-always picked on me. I was hoping the students here would be a little more... tolerant. So... I guess... what I want to gain from this place is appreciation." 

That was less an outright lie, and more of a simple understatement. What I wanted went far beyond mere appreciation. I wanted recognition. I wanted respect. I wanted remorse. I wanted revenge. 

IC: Draco

I frown slightly. Clearly this Rahk is not one for social interactions. I glance at the one called A!, who was showing Lost something written on his hand. If he caused this, should he be punished?... No. He was startled, and I'm guessing his power is Power Scream. Still... I turn my full body to A!. "If I were you, I would probably get a handle on my powers, so another one of these incidents occur. I realize it isn't your fault, but any precaution you can take will be a good one." I say, all while stretching myself out. If there was to be a fight, then I wanted to be as ready as possible.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Orloc - Library

The diminutive robed rahkshi walked among the shelves almost as if in a daze, quietly mumbling something to themselves. In this strange trance-like state, Orloc happened upon another resident of the Library, a rahkshi with an odd striped paintjob.

"Mmn. Striped. Stripes of concealment? But so loud. A statement?"

Orloc looked up at the rahkshi in front of them, and for a moment, seemed to recognize they were next to someone.

"A greeting. I give it to you." For a moment they then seemed to ponder their own words, before then rummaging through their own robes, only to realize halfway through that they didn't have a greeting on them.

The Panrahk was actually silent at that statement, simply nodding as a response. No Rahkshi worth their Makuta that spawned them goes to this school goes to this school for appreciation, at least not with what I've learned so far. This... Whisper, is more intelligent than she lets on. I f    I    d I d n ' t    k n o w    a n y    b e t t e r ,    I ' d    s a y    y o u ' r e    g e t t I n g    r a t h e r    f I x a t e d .    D o e s    t h I s    m e a n    w e    f o u n d    o u r    f I r s t    v I c t I m ? Possibly. Perhaps, however, it might be wiser to use Whisper as a means to an end. Patience. For now. After remaining silent for a few minutes longer, Paradox stretches slightly, looking back over at Whisper. "What was his name?"

IC: Exxan - Library.

"Uh... hi?" I glanced up from my book, frowning slightly at the figure before me, "Can I help you with something?"

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"My Makuta?" I stammered, my head lowering in a conveyance of shame, "I'm sure you've... heard of him." Inwardly, I was eager to gauge his reaction to my next words, "His name is Icarax." 

IC: Shock

I cough as the blow to my throat made it rather hard to breathe, as well as knock me on the ground.. As I recover, I look up, only to see the coward running from the battle! What a weenie... "Oi, get back here! I ain't finished with you yet!" grabbing my launcher, I shoot a Zamor Sphere at him, before reholstering my weapon, switching to flight mode, and taking after him, sword in hand.

IC: Carraig

I enter where the noise had originally originated from. I guess this is the refectory... It looked to be an absolute mess, in large part due to the fight that was occurring. I don't know if I should join in... Wouldn't be exactly fair to either side. However... I want to see how this plays out. So, I stand to the side of the entrance, while holding my sword in front of me in your standard knight fashion, so as to observe what the students here were capable of.

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Grakata - doing something stupid, again, when he should be healing!

Grakata skates like mad down the corridors away from the refectory, but is nearly thrown off balance by an unfortunately all too familiar projectile flying past him. The nut job is dedicated, I'll give them that Switching into flight mode, the Vorahk picks up speed, keeping low to the ground, using his staff to assist in sharp turns. It doesn't take long until Grakata is flying down the southern wing of the school. Spotting A!, Lost, and the Rahkshi that helped them, as well as Draco, the black Rahkshi slides into the wall to assist in braking, before stumbling over to the Rahkshi prefect. "EARS, STILL RINGING. BLUE-WHITE RAHKSHI, POSSIBLY PURSUING. CHALK-BOARD HAS EXPLANATION" Trying to catch his breath, Grakata hands Draco A!'s chalk board.

Had they lost the greeting? Lost... Wait... "I think I've lost something. I can't remember where I put it." Help, the striped rahkshi seemed to offer. Could they help? There was something, not a greeting, that Orloc had lost. Hadn't they? Somewhere? 

"I... can't quite remember what I lost..."

"Well, I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know that I can help you with memory problems." 

IC: Draco and Shock (Draco POV)

Well, that was a sudden change of pace. I take the chalk board, briefly read over it, and then hand it to the one called A!. "Hold on a moment." I step forward, waiting for this attacker. Sure enough, he rounds the corner, his face in a maniacal grin... Until he sees me. "Oh... You've gotta be kidding me..." He tries to exit flight mode and come to a stop, but he slides forwards, ever closer to me. I step to the side, then, in one swift motion, I draw Necrosmith in its hammer form, and swing it in a horizontal fashion just as he passes me. I hit him square in his lower back, and because of the force of my swing, he slides forward several more feet, theis time on his back, screaming in pain. I make my way over to him just as he was about to pick himself up, and step on his gut, forcing him flat on his back. Looking into his eyes, I saw pure disdain for me. I, on the other hand, could care less about him. He was merely another Rahkshi, maybe not rebellious, but most certainly a trouble maker. "If you so much as try to escape or do any other ridiculous shenanigans, I will force this down upon you with all of my might." I snarl, holding Necrosmith right above his head. He hissed back at me, but made no attempts to escape. I'll take that as his agreement. With that done, I turn to the others. "Now... Explain to me what happened, slowly." I say, eyes narrowing. I could not be trusting at all in this situation, no matter how innocent they may be. Too many Rahkshi who would try to manipulate me, and a written explanation would make lying far easier than if they explained it to me to my face.

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

Orloc frowned at the words 'mind reader', exhaling in a loud sigh. "No need to rub it i-" They cut off their words as they clutched their head for a moment, shaking it and mumbling something along the lines of "he couldn't know" before looking up again. "Sorry, I thought you meant something else." Orloc, as much as they seemed to squint normally, now squinted more, as if trying to decipher the face of the one they were talking to. "Who are you again? Have we met?"

"No, I don't think we've met." This was officially becoming the strangest conversation I'd had in a long while. "I'm Exxan."

"That's... good." I replied hesitantly, unsure if he'd simply been listing words that sounded similar to my name, or reciting my own past to me, "I hope that helps... put your mind at ease."

"Oh, uh..." I balked, genuinely unsure how to respond to that, "...say, have you been hit on the head recently? Perhaps that... uh, knocked your name loose."  I fought down the urge to facepalm. 

IC: Grakata - Southern Wing Corridor w/ others

Finally... Problem solved... I think i'm gonna sit down now... Satisfied that the problem, for the moment, has been solved, Grakata slumps against the walls next to A! and Lost. Wincing slightly at the aches and pains, he reaches up and touches the side of his head. Figured they'd still be bleeding... Oh well...

IC: Paradox - Infirmary w/ whisper

I c a r a x .    N o w    t h e r e ' s    a    w o r t h y    c h a l l e n g e . A worthy challenge, yes, and quite a significant kill if we can pull it off. But it won't be easy. We must undermine his position of power before we strike at him. I    L o o k    f o r w a r d    t o    t h e    s l a u g h t e r . All in due time... All in due time. "Icarax…? A rather strange name. I don't believe I've ever heard of an Icarax before."

"No, nothing has injured my head recently... or at all, from what I can remember. I recall it ending with a C... or was that in the middle? Or did it end with an R? No, the R was in the middle. Or was it an O?" Orloc began mumbling to themselves, rambling on about where a letter might have been in the name, yet they didn't seem to be making any headway.

"If you can't remember, maybe you'd be better off coming up with a new name?" I suggested. 

"You... haven't?" This guy's approach to coaxing information from me was erratic, to say the least. One moment he was lecturing me on the purpose of the school, and the next he was insinuating that he didn't know who was running it. 

But if he wanted to play games, so be it. "Icarax is the headmaster."