Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Is he based on The Crow...?

As for the names, don't worry too much about it. I'm not planning on bringing him over to Corpus anyway, and those are really the only things they have in common (plus, those words have been around long before I started using them), so it's all cool.

tumblr_inline_nwhuit36An1tovug3_540.jpg

Also, thanks.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Can I get a weapon approved for Radriarch. It's sort of based off of the hammer of power that ekimu has. Except its a cordak launcher (that's been modified and weakened.) It's also heavy enough that only some rahkshi can even carry it.

Now I kind of want to build something like that...

Revisiting this for a moment.

I've recently had the chance to fiddle around with my parts collection, and, after connecting a Cordak Launcher to a mount I built, I realised that any figure I built to use it might encounter some problems holding it up due to the weight of its interior components. When combined with Nato's comment about the rounds exploding from impact, the weapon doesn't sound like it would be as useful or practical as I originally thought.

I did, however, find that the Nynrah Ghost Blaster functioned much better when factored into the design, as the parts it was composed out of were in fact a lot lighter, though the weapon itself ended up resembling a horseman's pick (or the warpick, for the Dark Souls players out there) more than the traditional war hammer. Considering that the BS01 page on them says nothing about them requiring physical ammo, they'd probably be the safer alternative as well.

Hmm. Didn't think about that.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

Okay, that actually makes a little more sense.

The first character to don the mantle is the movies was actually a musician by trade, which is why I got mixed up a little. :P

As for the weapon, Phoenix, it also means that the wielder could use it to punch through their opponent's armor and then fire it while it's still inside their body, so do with that what you will.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

But then wouldn't said weapon get blown apart by the shockwave and shrapnel? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If you were using one that fired combustion-based ammunition, then yes.

Since standard Ghost Blasters usually fire off blasts that influence mechanical components, and the adaptive ones replace them with light that reforms itself upon contact according to the user's will, the only real problem here would be if the barrel became clogged during the initial impact. Given that that part of the weapon is usually conical in shape, however, the likelihood of that occuring would probably decrease substantially, as whatever it was piercing would more than likely blossom away from the direction the attack originally came from.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

...the only real problem here would be if the barrel became clogged during the initial impact. 

But if you swing it hard enough the weapon - blade and barrel both - is going to wind up buried in the target. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

True, but if we're working under the assumption that the barrel is the blade, and we're using the type that fires off malleable forms of light (since I haven't seen any of the other types popping up in here), chances are that the focused beam it emits is going to impact the other person's insides, which would grant the weapon the space it requires via recoil so that whatever said light ends up becoming doesn't form inside of it and instead ends up pushing the blade back out of the wound as it expands and becomes "solid".

That could also work, Phoenix, but the character in question would also need to rotate it in order to fire (something I had to frequently do with Tarsus over in Infinite when he was switching between the hammer and drill tips of Executioner, if you wanted to look through that topic for some additional reference).

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So, recently I've been contemplating what to do with Gaever. She's in a pretty sorry state right now - she's still pretty shaken from the destruction in Phantom, and the convictions of superiority she's incorporated into her core are rapidly eroding. She probably needs to meet up with a therapist (likely Lucid) and get that inner turmoil sorted out to some extent, but then what?

I'm thinking it would be cool if she established a residence/workshop on the mainland, built of materials scavenged from the wreckage of Phantom or harvested from the nearby wilderness and Cauldron. There, like the Ghosts before her, she could live as a reclusive crafter, taking commissions from other students to create/improve/fix up gadgets or weaponry in exchange for goods or favours. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

So, recently I've been contemplating what to do with Gaever. She's in a pretty sorry state right now - she's still pretty shaken from the destruction in Phantom, and the convictions of superiority she's incorporated into her core are rapidly eroding. She probably needs to meet up with a therapist (likely Lucid) and get that inner turmoil sorted out to some extent, but then what?

I'm thinking it would be cool if she established a residence/workshop on the mainland, built of materials scavenged from the wreckage of Phantom or harvested from the nearby wilderness and Cauldron. There, like the Ghosts before her, she could live as a reclusive crafter, taking commissions from other students to create/improve/fix up gadgets or weaponry in exchange for goods or favours. Any thoughts?

I think this is pretty good, but she might want help with that.

IC Spindle

"Dragged you?! Listen pal, before you find a knife in your head, stop the drugs. It's sickening."

Ghidora, I really hope you see why I had issues with this post and never responded to it.

Also, seconding Gaever's shop idea. Finally a Surahk we can go to for fixing weapons, now that Fang is gone.

Still waiting on those edits to Jodohnn's profile btw

Can I get a weapon approved for Radriarch. It's sort of based off of the hammer of power that ekimu has. Except its a cordak launcher (that's been modified and weakened.) It's also heavy enough that only some rahkshi can even carry it.

No. A.) Sounds way overpowered and B.) Radriarch's been approved, like, a week. Wait a while before you start adding stuff on

hey ultron, call and eps kind of need some healing.

he kind of has an arm severed off.

Reference here to Palma having fixed up everyone in need of it

Name: Revenant

Level: 2

Type: Darkness

Gear: Revenant has a pen with engravings that depict scenes of sorrow, suffering, and death. Where he found it, no one knows. He also has a stack of papers in his backpack, as well as his backpack, and a black-colored smoke hawk, by the name of Ravyn. He also has a small knife, just for defense purposes.

Appearance: Revenant is a pure black Rahkshi, with pale white eyes, giving him an unnerving appearance. His hunch is very distinctive, and his spines are all crooked. He is thin, lanky, and tall.

Personality: If one word could be used to describe Revenant, it would be depressed. Revenant is constantly followed by a trail of sorrow, unhappiness, and despair, and because of that, he is extremely unstable. As a sort of therapy, he puts his pain into works of literature, though these often are... Dark. He understands madness and psychology, and could be considered a genius of literature.

Bio: Revenant's story is a sad tale, involving death. When he was born, he was happy enough... That is, until the plague struck. It started with simple cough,but before long, kraata blood was not an uncommon sight as the sound of hacking was heard. Many of his friends were struck down by it, and he left. On his own with nothing but sorrow, Revenant stumbled upon an injured smoke hawk and a new friend- Ravyn. After being cared for by Revenant, Ravyn decided to hang around and comfort him. The two on their own, they made their way to Corpus, to hopefully escape the trail of blood and despair.

Approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Just to clarify, this would only be normal weapons right? Gaever wouldn't magically be conjuring up dozens of powered/special weapons or anything like that? 

(I knew you'd say that...) Not 'magically conjuring' anything, no. Weapons involving things like Kanoka or lightstones she could conceivably scavenge from the ruins or Cauldron (think Shark's sword), or with purely mechanical functions (Grim's pincers), should be fully plausible. And obviously whoever plays the character wanting the weapon, and/or I, would obtain Wyrd's approval for each thing.

• Upvote 1

Okay. Just wanted to verify that she wouldn't be spontaneously creating plasma-buzzsaw-lightsaber-chainsaws for any noob who came along, or anything ridiculous like that. 

Okay. Just wanted to verify that she wouldn't be spontaneously creating plasma-buzzsaw-lightsaber-chainsaws for any noob who came along, or anything ridiculous like that. 

a buzzsaw AND a chainsaw? how does that work? is it an inline set of buzzsaws that give the superficial appearance of a chainsaw, or is it a buzzsaw made of a pinwheel of smaller plasma-chainsaws? :0

hey ultron, call and eps kind of need some healing.

he kind of has an arm severed off.

Reference here to Palma having fixed up everyone in need of it

ooh, good to know, now i can pilot my lesser-damaged Rahkshi on out of there. o:

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Hmm, maybe she could make herself a plasma-buzzsaw-lightsaber-chainsaw... :P

But really, yeah, that sort of crazy thing is indeed way beyond the scope of what even she can do with the materials she'll have. And she's not giving weaponry away for free - while she wouldn't want much for just, say, fixing up a sword, anyone who wanted something as crazy complex as a plasma-buzzsaw-lightsaber-chainsaw would have to come up with some pretty tantalizing way of paying her back.

I was actually kicking around the idea of doing something inside the ruins of Phantom-on-the-Water myself, though it's still going to be a while before I could even get around to potentially implementing it.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Wow... looks like Rail's plan backfired on him... 

Yup, though we are talking about Icarax here, so it's not like his reaction was entirely unexpected.

And of course, Rail isn't going to be too pleased with it either, but he knows better than to start voicing his objections, especially in front of someone who can read his mind.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

A CORPUS RAHKSHI ANIME

Who are supposed to make the star of the show? Shark? Rail? Hoto, Exxan, Phogen, Era, Catouchuc & other level 5 or infamous rahkshi?

Edited by Arnold Schwarzenegger

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

In a game as diverse as this, with so many significant personalities, there's no way there could be just one star. 

Tis truly the end times, for I find myself in agreement with Dane. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'm gonna try to make another character.

Name: Jodohnn

Variation: (EDIT) Elasticity

Level: 2

Gear: Jodohnn has a small metal spade and a rocket jumper. The rocket jumper is a device that enables him to perform highly skilled rocket jumps in order to quickly move about an area. Jodohnn wears a belt with two pouches in the back. They both contain parts of refined metal.

<>ROCKET JUMPER DETAILS<>

The rocket jumper, as I stated above, is a rocket launcher-like device that can send the user skyward. It is heavily based off of the TF2 rocket jumper, but there are some differences. Jodohnn's rocket jumper fires a pulse of gravitational energy that bursts when it hits a solid object. It looks somewhat like a purple football made of energy. When the pulse hits a target, it detonates and blasts the user away like they've been hit by an explosion. However, THE BLAST IS TOTALLY HARMLESS. Neither Jodohnn nor I knows why, but his rocket jumper is totally useless as a weapon. Anyone who is hit by the blast besides the one using the device will not be hurt in any way, nor will they be pushed away. To perform a basic rocket jump, Jodohnn would walk forward and jump, and then quickly point the jumper at his heels, fire, and then quickly turn back towards the direction he wants to go. It is possible for him to just point at his feet and fire, but this is less effective. By detonating the pulse at his heels while jumping forwards, the blast propels him further than if he'd just shot down. Also, by crouching in midair, he can jump further because of less air resistance. There are several specialized techniques Jodohnn can do with his jumper. One of these is the self-explanatory pogo jump. To do this, he simply walks forward and continuously fires at the ground, the blasts keeping him aloft. As device uses energy and not rockets, he doesn't need to reload and can effectively pogo jump forever. He can pogo over sharp rocks, other Rahkshi and up walls. The wall jump is another technique he can do. By performing a normal rocket jump towards a wall, then firing slightly below where he would hit the wall, he can bounce off the walls to reach higher places. If he needed to, he could jump from wall to wall to escape if he got stuck in a deep pit. Chain jumping is a simple technique that is useful for going far places really fast. He can transition from pogo jumping to normal jumping or wall jumping to pogo and use his momentum to keep going. This is a bit more complicated, as it involves incredible timing and precise angles. Jodohnn is a pro, so this is no problem for him. By quickly transitioning from a pogo jump to a normal forwards jump, he can go far and fast and gain more speed the further he jumps. He can skim across water and up ramps if he gains enough speed. If he does a normal chain jump, he does several normal jumps in succession to gain speed and distance. This can require shooting the pulse very early, as he will be moving very fast. 

[More details- When he rocket jumps, he has very good reflexes and can rocket jump away from anything that obstructs his path. The rocket jumper is useless over water, as the pulse will just go down to the bottom. It isn't much help high in the sky, either, because there is nothing to jump off of. Also, he knows that he could seriously hurt others and himself when moving too fast and will always rocket jump off of another if he is about to crash. This is one of the few time he cares about the safety of others. His elasticity makes him think he's a bit tougher than he really is, and although it does give him protection from falling or crashing at high speeds, he can still be injured.

Appearance: Average sized with normal colors, Jodohnn doesn't stand out much. Apart from being built tougher than average and standing more upright, he is a very generic looking Rahkshi. 

Personality: Jodohnn is a daredevil. He lives for thrills and always wants to take the most exciting path through life. He has little regard for his own safety, or that of others, knowing that he can solve most problems by rocket jumping away from them or use his Elasticity powers to weather them out. Slow to anger, this Rahkshi is the "YOLO swag" adrenaline junkie of the school.

Bio: Jodohnn cannot fly. He's known this all his life, but it no longer bothers him. He was created by a Makuta obsessed with gravity and its uses. She was rather reclusive and it was said her entire home was weightless. Perhaps the crazy gravitational fields are what led to his lack of flight, but nonetheless his Makuta saw this as opportunity for a test. She quickly discovered he was one of the new breed after seeing his proficiency with her recently invented rocket jumper. As Makuta and Rahkshi can normally fly, it was rather convenient that he couldn't fly and needed a substitute. Jodohnn is extremely skilled with his device, capable of using it to perform rocket jumps to traverse any terrain quickly. (He's got skill at the same level of the good TF2 youtubers in case you need reference to what he can do.) Eventually, his introverted Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi upon realizing she wasn't a teacher, and wanted to get back to work on her gravity studies. Jodohnn arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, and for the first time in his life he thought he felt unease. 

Something else I forgot to mention... Jodohnn is obsessed with hats.

Still got references to the real world stuff. And can you really not come up with a better reason for the weapon to not affect others than "just cuz"? 

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Maybe each "episode" could focus its plot around one character in particular, and just jump between them as the series progresses.

For example, one could focus on, let's say, Rail's hunt for Illusive while showing the fight between Percy and Pyre in the background, and then the next could focus on Percy's attempts to either fix or replace his weapon that was destroyed in said battle while Edge tries to covertly steal a random dead body in the background for his experiments. Then the next could focus on him narrowly avoiding Shark as he makes his way to his room, the one after that focuses on Shark offing somebody in their dorms before heading towards the refectory and passing Melody in the hallways, and so on and so forth. That way, you could get in a small bit of each character's individual story into each season, and it will provide at least some form of context for what's going on with the other characters in the background, should they show up again.

Of course, you would still need permission from the creators themselves before featuring any of their characters, but that's just a given.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The Kahgarak battle, or the destruction of Phantom - those would make for some epic fights.