Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Edit edit: No! Stay away! Melody is gone, and so are all of my characters! No! No!

Actually, I've been playing Melody since Smudge left, so she's still around. Just to make the decision harder :P

So we're doing away with the Discord Chat altogether, then? Meh, fine by me, I suppose.

I honestly wasn't even aware we had one.

Well, technically, we had one; hence why some profiles were given all three approvals in a singular post.

Not saying that somebody can't go off and make their own, obviously, but invites to that one in particular were reserved for Co-GMs only. Sorry.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Since we didn't use the Discord method for Zippy's profile, you should probably hold off for a little bit until Scorp and Sergei have had the chance to chime in on Kriev.

Just thought I should throw that out there.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

i blame click for this.

Name: Mute

Variation: Silence

Level: 2

Gear: One long, black-and-green spear. This spear is longer than Mute is tall – and Mute already is quite a tall Rahkshi.

Appearance: Mute is tall. Very, very tall. His body and limbs are thin and elongated, giving him an incredibly gangly look. The additional armor he has on his left side certainly doesn’t help him look more intimidating even if he wish it did. His legs are multi-joined, resembling the legs of some sort of Rahi more than a standard Rahkshi.

Like most Rahkshi of Silence, Mute’s armor is grey with accents of black. Unlike many other Rahkshi of Silence, however, he has opted to adding silver gloves and bits of silver armor to the rest of his body. His black armor is also unusual, in the sense that it is more predominant over the usual grey of a Rahkshi of Silence.

(MOC coming...eventually. It’s built but not with me.)

Personality: Mute is incredibly quiet. He rarely, if ever, speaks, and when he does his voice is nearly inaudible. He often hangs back away from groups and others, rather than butting his way into other conversations. Despite this, he holds himself with a large amount of confidence and pride. While not exactly kind, he’s not exactly mean-spirited either.

Bio: Mute hasn’t existed for long at all, being one of the newest students. Only recently has he gained a true skill with his weaponry, and he still knows very little of the world itself. Most of his time has been spent away from others, though recently he’s been more willing to not stay in the background.

Somewhat, at least.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

So Kriev and Mute are 100% approved, then?

If so, let me know so I can add them to the list. The latter looks good to me, so I'm fine with this.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Just to let everyone know, Nato's informed me and thus I am aware that in Corpus, infection works differently and the kraata has to be completely out of the suit to infect a mask, not just have bare kraata contact. It's late and I'll fix it tomorrow or something. It's not really important to the scene but I like the part, so maybe I'll just leave it and make it clear it's not how it works or something unless it really has to be edited out- which is absolutely fine, by the way. But either way I'll fix it tomorrow if needed.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Okay, I've been thinking this over for a while, and with this recent spike in profiles, I figured now's as good a time as any. 

Unless the GMs have serious intentions to pick up the rebels plotline in the near future, or my fellow rebels players have any objections, I intend to bring Xara back to Corpus Rahkshi. I've dearly missed playing as her, and I'd rather seize this chance to do some stuff with her again, than leave her in eternal interaction lock.

I was planning to keep the exact chain of events fairly vague, just that things "went badly" during the mission against the Hand, Xara lost track of the rest of the group, and with nowhere else to go, she made her way back to Corpus in disgrace. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@Zippy: From my understanding, a Kraata would have to be outside of its suit to infect a mask fully, yes. Seeing as to how the infection is mostly contained to one relatively small area and isn't actually spreading, however, I'm assuming that this could really just be chalked up to some sort of an allergic reaction on Xenia's part than actual power usage, since Kanohi don't usually come into contact with Kraata aside from that particular process anyway. So long as you keep in mind what is actually required in order to do so, I'd personally be willing to let this slide, as it has relatively little impact whatsoever, though Scorp and Sergei are still allowed to overrule this as they see fit.

I am a bit iffy on the language barrier, though; having Kororia understand Matoran but not be able to speak it is fine, since that's basically how we've been treating it from day one, but since Rahkshi language is primarily composed of hissing, a Matoran's probably not going to understand much (unless they're signing) aside from possibly tone. Again, minor, but something to keep in mind nonetheless.

@Nato: I believe we've said it once already, but I'll repeat it again just for the sake of clarity; while we would've loved to continue forward with the Rebel Questline, we have absolutely no idea where Wyrd intended to go with it. Throw in the fact that it's currently operating outside the standard parameters of the RPG, and we feel that it would be best to leave it untouched for him to personally continue if/when he is able to eventually return. That being said, Xara is your character, so the decision of what to do with her is left entirely up to you.

If you feel that you can realistically get her back to the school given the circumstances, then we're likely not going to question it in a GM capacity. As of right now, however, our current priorities are approvals and rule enforcement, whether or not events will be making a comeback (since everyone seems rather content with simply doing their own thing), and if there's a need to introduce new or manage existing staff characters. While we once again offer our apologies to the players affected by this decision, we also hope that you can at least understand our desire to not screw things up royally.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Thanks, Loganto! And I hope so too. In fact, it's incredibly likely if I'm going to go about my endgame of befriending every single Rahkshi! >:y

And Timageness, that's a tricky one. The slow spread was meant to be about several things about Xenia's character (who, along with Andrax, are pre-existing OCs of mine and hence have a wealth of lore to them): first, she's got a will stronger than iron and even at the best of times it'd be hard to mind control her. She's also mentally against a giant softie who isn't really wanting to control her. And, Matoran of Woomera train to become extremely resilient to elements through rigorous and gruelling training exercises, and I'm not sure how that applies to mask infection (Kororia does not have this training, to be clear. She is too young. Additional note: neither does Andrax, because he's too much of a weenie).

Nato has also informed me that the Rahkshi gets control of infected people, not the Makuta. To my credit, I was trying to do my research and I went by what BS01 said, and that differs from Corpus (understandably so). But, editing out the infection thing should fix that too. I can edit it, or be lazy because I am Too Proud of how it turned out and edit in something about how these parts are non-canon, since it's not regarding anything but myself and my own characters. Either way, I am very happy to not let it slide, or have it be an allergic reaction so I can be lazy about rewriting it.

As for the language barrier, funnily enough, I was originally going to have Kororia signing! But the first post mentioned Matoran learning the Rahkshi language, and I thought, what kind of small angry mother wouldn't learn her squishy baby's language? But if those Matoran learned it by gist and tone, instead of actual language, then that's fine and yeah just assume Kororia is signing for mercy while being attacked by a tiny albino bundle of fury. I can edit that in with the fix on the corruption part if you like, or do the same as before and say "this isn't canon but I nearly had to rewrite the whole thing already and I'm too lazy to do it again".

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Yeah, that mostly involved signing and drawing letters in the dirt, from what I can remember. The closest we ever had to actual verbal communication between the two was when a Rahkshi of Sonics (Era?) pulled a Bumblebee and simply used their powers to mimic the Matoran's voices.

The main point I was trying to make here, though, was that there wasn't anything major that needed changing. Besides, Gorast had the student body level Phantom and kill off all of its inhabitants some time ago anyway, so Kororia's chances of actually running into any of them around the school are pretty slim at best.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yeah, that mostly involved signing and drawing letters in the dirt, from what I can remember. The closest we ever had to actual verbal communication between the two was when a Rahkshi of Sonics (Era?) pulled a Bumblebee and simply used their powers to mimic the Matoran's voices.

The main point I was trying to make here, though, was that there wasn't anything major that needed changing. Besides, Gorast had the student body level Phantom and kill off all of its inhabitants some time ago anyway, so Kororia's chances of actually running into any of them around the school are pretty slim at best.

That was Era, yes.

And that seemed like a rather unfair event, it was 'either you're a specific Rahkshi type and therefore you get a bonus cool weapon if you did reasonable or else you sit on the sidelines and do nothing because lol'. I hope the rest of you guys as the GMs can avoid events like that.

And that seemed like a rather unfair event, it was 'either you're a specific Rahkshi type and therefore you get a bonus cool weapon if you did reasonable or else you sit on the sidelines and do nothing because lol'. 

Erm, I'm a little lost here.

What 'event', exactly, are you referring to? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So let me get this straight - you're saying that it's unfair that a mid-level sonics rahk, with time and effort, can copy Matoran speech? 

Following that same logic, I guess you think it's also unfair that a vacuum rahkshi is inherently harder to drown/suffocate, or a lightning rahk is resistant to electricity, or that a plasma rahk is more tolerant of heat? 

Edited by Nato The Traveler

So let me get this straight - you're saying that it's unfair that a mid-level sonics rahk, with time and effort, can copy Matoran speech? 

Following that same logic, I guess you think it's also unfair that a vacuum rahkshi is inherently harder to drown/suffocate, or a lightning rahk is resistant to electricity, or that a plasma rahk is more tolerant of heat? 

And that wasn't even an event. Did you not see my quote? I was talking about the attack on phantom-on-the-water.

Goodness Nato, I'd ask that you not abruptly jump at my throat whenever you can but I know it wouldn't get anywhere.

Era speaking Matoran, and the attack on Phantom are two completely separate, unrelated events. 

In this post, you mention Era in connection to an "unfair event" that involved receiving "bonus cool weapons", which, given that Era wasn't present during the attack on Phantom, I assumed was referring to the Malebranche assignment, which is where Era first spoke Matoran, and Grossh upgraded her whip as a pseudo-reward. 

However, when I asked for clarification as to which of those two assignments you were referencing, you replied with this, which is pretty much the most noncommittal, vaguely-worded post I've ever read. 

If you're not going to have the courtesy to give people straight answers to simple questions, then don't get mad and start throwing accusations at them when they misinterpret your unclear meaning. 

*Ahem*

(Insert overly dramatic narration here.)

Was Nato able to deduce that starting a new paragraph sometimes means switching topics? Will Ghidora try to express things more clearly in the future? And can either of them ever hold a conversation with one another without resorting to some type of verbal barb? Find out on the next episode of... Corpus Rahk-Z!

Seriously though, take a breather before your respective power levels go over 9,000 and one of us GMs decide to destroy your planet for fun. :P

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

*Ahem*

(Insert overly dramatic narration here.)

Was Nato able to deduce that starting a new paragraph sometimes means switching topics? Will Ghidora try to express things more clearly in the future? And can either of them ever hold a conversation with one another without resorting to some type of verbal barb? Find out on the next episode of... Corpus Rahk-Z!

Seriously though, take a breather before your respective power levels go over 9,000 and one of us GMs decide to destroy your planet for fun. :P

I came back expecting a blurb of salt from Nato and I left crying

I'm going to be gone for a bit, somebody bunny my characters? ^^'

Since he didn't explain here, I'll try:

Loganto's been having some difficulty finding internet time as of recently, and sudden disappearances are unavoidable and mostly unpredictable. He could be gone from anywhere from two days to a week, so don't be too discouraged if he isn't back immediately.

For better or worse, Xara has come home

So it begins...

So what begins?

Isn't it obvious?

Xara just made it onto the List of Jericho. Drink it in, man.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Excuse me, I would like to call out a problem with Zippy's character Kororia, as the character is too stupidly cute and is sucking everything and everyone into an inescapable attachment line that will never end until it has consumed all worlds, games, forums, Rahks, squabbles, and memes.

GMs:

Since Romulus and Remus have been in interaction lock with Leviathan since October and it doesn't look like SassyDalmation is coming back any time soon, am I free to move them on from that conversation and let them continue their normal lives at Corpus?

• Upvote 1

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!