Toa vs. Sith

The battlefield is a place where Elemental Powers, Mask Powers and The Force exist.

A Sith Lord threatens some Matoran trying to get by, and a Toa steps in to confront them.

The Sith Lord, being unfamiliar with Toa, attacks them under the assumption that they are simply an advanced droid.

Which Element and Mask combination would give the Toa the best odds of winning the fight, without killing the Sith (Toa are bound by code)?

Keep in mind Sith lightning isn't real lightning, but a manifestation of the Force, so it is uncertain whether it could be blocked by a Toa.

• Upvote 1

A Toa of Psionics could counter the Force's Telekinesis powers (depending on how powerful the Sith is). After that, a Mask of Strength could be used to easily overpower the Sith. If the Sith uses his lightsaber, you could use a Calix or a Kakama to avoid damage, (Or an Olmak to send him to a place, a long time ago, far far away :P )

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

A Toa of Air with a Kanohi Mask of Intangibility. The Toa could use the Mask so that the Sith's attacks pass right through them. Then the Toa could just take all the air out of the Sith's lungs for a very short period of time. Not long enough to kill him, but just long enough to knock him out.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Well, to beat a Sith, a Toa needs to overcome his lightsaber and his force powers.

In Star Wars, there are several materials that are resistant to lightsabers (Beskar, Cortosis, and Phink are the most well known).  If protosteel is lightsaber resistant, than anyone wearing protosteel armor (such as Adaptive Armor) is going to have a huge advantage.  

Also, unless the specifically designed not to, most lightsabers will short out in water.  A toa of water would be able to short out the lightsaber easily. (A toa of iron could also do this if he knows how to create Cortosis, as this material also temporarily disables lightsabers on concact with the blades)

Hmm... Toa of water + Adaptive Armour = Gali Nuva 
She also has the Kaukau Nuva, which can REPLACES someones ability to breath air with the ability to breath water. It will quickly kill her opponent if he or she cannot break her concentration with force powers (The Toa Code does allow a Toa to kill in certain scenarios)

The force allows a Sith to perform physical feats considered impossible, as well as a variety of powers (such as telekinesis and Sith Lightning).  A Toa of psionics with a Calix (such as Varian) would be a be able to match most of these abilities.  If we assume that prototsteel can deflect lightsaber blades, then a Toa of psionics armed with a Calix and a protosteel weaponn would be able to match a force user pretty evenly (unless, we start to factor in things like Sith Sorcery...).

My money is still on Gali Nuva.  The Adaptive Armor (if protosteel is lightsaber resistant), in conjunction with her water powers, will easily render her opponent's lightsaber useless.  When compared to Star Wars species capable of becoming force sensitive, a Toa is on the stronger end of the scale physically.  Her Kaukau Nuva will insta-kill any opponent (and possibly knock them out with a non-leathal attack), but requires concentration to use.  A Sith would attempt to fight with his force powers while he is choking, but force powers also require concentration.  It seems that it simply comes down to who can activate their powers first, but Gali has one more advantage.  Her Adaptive Launcher, unlike the rest of her armor, adapts TO THE OPPONENT, not the environment.  This will give her the edge until she can subdue them or activate her Kaukau Nuva.

This is not to say that she will always win, only that she would be a very tough opponent for a Sith to face in battle.

A Toa of Plasma could probably counter the lightsaber as well by just absorbing it or manipulating it out of harms way. Then they would just need to have a mask to counter the Force, and the only problem they would have is not melting the Sith into slag with plasma.

This is a rather interesting topic.

Any Toa could generally overpower a sith in terms of powers. Nova blast would decimate entire cityscapes. The fact that the Toa had to be restricted by a moral code turns this into a "How creative does the Toa need to be to subdue his target?" rather than a "Does a Toa have the power to beat a sith?". 

Edited by Prime Axiom
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, a Toa of Lightning could just absorb Force Lightning. A protosteel Toa Tool (Nuparu Mahri's shield?) would safely defend, and your Mask Power is just Icing on the Bionicle Cake. I'd say Garai, just because pinning someone to the ground with gravity is a pretty solid way of stopping them.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Maybe a Calix would be dandy to evade all these force/lightsaber attacks, and then a Ce-Toa to mess with his mind a bit.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

This brings back memories of an old RPG I tried to make... Biochet Wars. It was a bunch of media franchises coming together in a massive war, including Bionicle and Star Wars. To be honest, the rules defining the Star Wars universe and the Bionicle universe is so different that it would be impossible to really determine this (there is no science around each either). Though we can admit that it would super cool to see. 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

A toa of pysnoics (dat spelling) wearing the mask of light. Sith use 'the dark side' of the force, making them like darkness. Darkness like shadow, mask of light gives you powers of light, boom sith down. Any mental attacks from the sith would be ineffective as the toa has a mind shield, telekinesis could be countered. The only problem would be force lighting (the sith would not get close enough to use lightsaber, and the toa could have a weapon) but that could be matched and defeated by light because lightning comedy from sith energy.

How about we get Makuta to kill them?

A Toa of Water with a Kadin. That way, the Toa could just fly out of reach of the lightning and then douse the Sith in water. The Sith will be forced to stop his electrical attacks in order to survive- at that point, the Toa could just knock him out with a blast of water.

A toa of pysnoics (dat spelling) wearing the mask of light. Sith use 'the dark side' of the force, making them like darkness. Darkness like shadow, mask of light gives you powers of light, boom sith down. Any mental attacks from the sith would be ineffective as the toa has a mind shield, telekinesis could be countered. The only problem would be force lighting (the sith would not get close enough to use lightsaber, and the toa could have a weapon) but that could be matched and defeated by light because lightning comedy from sith energy.

Makuta would just ally with him!  :evilgrin:

• Upvote 1

A Toa of Water with a Kadin. That way, the Toa could just fly out of reach of the lightning and then douse the Sith in water. The Sith will be forced to stop his electrical attacks in order to survive- at that point, the Toa could just knock him out with a blast of water.

How about Alt. Teridax? 

How about Alt. Teridax? 

Explain?

Edited by Gukko Lord

How about Alt. Teridax? 

Explain?

The Teridax of the Melding universe - he's a good guy with light powers and all of the other Makuta powers. I'd think that he might have trouble against the Sith. With no shield or matter-making powers, he'd be in a bad way. 

How about Alt. Teridax? 

Explain?

The Teridax of the Melding universe - he's a good guy with light powers and all of the other Makuta powers. I'd think that he might have trouble against the Sith. With no shield or matter-making powers, he'd be in a bad way. 

Oh yeah, that guy. You have a point there- except Vultraz would probably just pop out of nowhere and screw everything up for the Sith (let's name him Bob) so that Alt. Teridax could gain the upper hand.

Gukko Lord, the Makuta would not ally as they would not want to share their power. Get a Makuta to kill the sith, the Makuta would be damaged then let some beings that couldn't do it on their own finish the job

Also Vultraz is in another universe with the great beings keeping him captive..... This isn't that comedy from that guy with the back Mask of Speed on his logo.

I should be studying, one more exam tomorrow then I get Ultimeate Dume from eBay which I asked for from my mum for Christmas (it was like 40$) but I'm cool with getting it for studying too much.

Edited by Toa Malachives

Yo Malachives, actually, the Makuta would ally with the Sith... and then backstab him. This is Villain 101, man. And Vultraz would still find away to mess things up. Dimensional rifts? Pah!

And Pohatu? Check this out:

Fishers is presenting her opinion in a tentative way, but I am firmly sure that Alteridax wouldn't stand a chance against Bob the Sith. We've all seen how easy light can become dark, so I'm thinking a little corruption and boom! Evil Teridax on the loose... again.

Edited by Gukko Lord

Oh yeah, that guy. You have a point there- except Vultraz would probably just pop out of nowhere and screw everything up for the Sith (let's name him Bob) so that Alt. Teridax could gain the upper hand.

I think you mean Mazeka? Anyway, not sure how a Matoran could be useful against a Sith lord. They're probably just get killed.

Anyway, it's pretty odd that Makuta would fair worse against a particular enemy than a Toa, but I don't think any of their 42 would do them any good here. Once that lightning gets through their armor, they're pretty toasted. :shrugs: 

I think you mean Mazeka? Anyway, not sure how a Matoran could be useful against a Sith lord. They're probably just get killed.

Anyway, it's pretty odd that Makuta would fair worse against a particular enemy than a Toa, but I don't think any of their 42 would do them any good here. Once that lightning gets through their armor, they're pretty toasted. :shrugs:

I'm just saying that Vultraz would probably find a way to randomly appear and annoy the Sith so much that he becomes an easy picking for Alteridax. That's just my personal bias on Vultraz, though.

I am having a hard time seeing a Makuta lose to a sith. With powers including Limited Invulnerability, Quick Healing, Gravity, Magnetism, Chain Lightning, shapeshifting, flight, Hunger, shadow, Fragmentation, Disintegration, Dodge, Illusion, Adaptation and more, a Makuta obviously has the upper hand no matter what. Also, from what we've seen, a Makuta would be more prone to destroy any possible rivals in the contest for power than to ally with them.

Most Toa could easily beat a sith, so it makes sense that a Makuta could too.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I am having a hard time seeing a Makuta lose to a sith. With powers including Limited Invulnerability, Quick Healing, Gravity, Magnetism, Chain Lightning, shapeshifting, flight, Hunger, shadow, Fragmentation, Disintegration, Dodge, Illusion, Adaptation and more, a Makuta obviously has the upper hand no matter what. Also, from what we've seen, a Makuta would be more prone to destroy any possible rivals in the contest for power than to ally with them.

We're talking about a good Makuta- a being made out of pure light.

We're talking about a good Makuta- a being made out of pure light.

Wouldn't that make the Makuta stronger against the sith? It still has many of its powers except for the evil ones which are in reverse and sith are from the dark side so wouldn't light help?

Upon seeing this topic and gazing upon its innards, I smiled a great smile and paced around while my brain went about on a giggly frolic spree of nerdy nerd glee. I have awaited such a topic since the fall of dream-eaters of the time before time of the dominance of those sorcerer kings dubbed 'The Great Beings'. And now all, ape and man alike, gather around the prophet Cornelius, as tells us the story of the chosen one, CAESAR.

Well, to beat a Sith, a Toa needs to overcome his lightsaber and his force powers.

In Star Wars, there are several materials that are resistant to lightsabers (Beskar, Cortosis, and Phink are the most well known). If protosteel is lightsaber resistant, than anyone wearing protosteel armor (such as Adaptive Armor) is going to have a huge advantage.

Also, unless the specifically designed not to, most lightsabers will short out in water. A toa of water would be able to short out the lightsaber easily. (A toa of iron could also do this if he knows how to create Cortosis, as this material also temporarily disables lightsabers on concact with the blades)

Hmm... Toa of water + Adaptive Armour = Gali Nuva

She also has the Kaukau Nuva, which can REPLACES someones ability to breath air with the ability to breath water. It will quickly kill her opponent if he or she cannot break her concentration with force powers (The Toa Code does allow a Toa to kill in certain scenarios)

The force allows a Sith to perform physical feats considered impossible, as well as a variety of powers (such as telekinesis and Sith Lightning). A Toa of psionics with a Calix (such as Varian) would be a be able to match most of these abilities. If we assume that prototsteel can deflect lightsaber blades, then a Toa of psionics armed with a Calix and a protosteel weaponn would be able to match a force user pretty evenly (unless, we start to factor in things like Sith Sorcery...).

My money is still on Gali Nuva. The Adaptive Armor (if protosteel is lightsaber resistant), in conjunction with her water powers, will easily render her opponent's lightsaber useless. When compared to Star Wars species capable of becoming force sensitive, a Toa is on the stronger end of the scale physically. Her Kaukau Nuva will insta-kill any opponent (and possibly knock them out with a non-leathal attack), but requires concentration to use. A Sith would attempt to fight with his force powers while he is choking, but force powers also require concentration. It seems that it simply comes down to who can activate their powers first, but Gali has one more advantage. Her Adaptive Launcher, unlike the rest of her armor, adapts TO THE OPPONENT, not the environment. This will give her the edge until she can subdue them or activate her Kaukau Nuva.

This is not to say that she will always win, only that she would be a very tough opponent for a Sith to face in battle.

Hi, welcome to BZPower, and though the word is overly abused by the knarly dudes of the present-day, that was genuinely epic, and you said everything I could have. Congrats my boy.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I'm thinking a Toa of Iron would have the easiest time. Since lightsaber hilts are made of metal, it would take a mere thought for him to turn one into a metallic pretzel. At that point, the Sith would try to use Sith lightning, and the Toa of Iron would be best off with a Kanohi Hau to block it. Then he can materialize chains around the Sith. Alternatively, any Toa with an Olmak could just send the Sith back to the Star Wars universe, or any other of their choosing.

Or a Toa of Light could materialize his own lightsaber, and then we'd get this :P:

takanuva_vs._darth_maul_smaller.jpg

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I'm thinking a Toa of Iron would have the easiest time. Since lightsaber hilts are made of metal, it would take a mere thought for him to turn one into a metallic pretzel. At that point, the Sith would try to use Sith lightning, and the Toa of Iron would be best off with a Kanohi Hau to block it. Then he can materialize chains around the Sith. Alternatively, any Toa with an Olmak could just send the Sith back to the Star Wars universe, or any other of their choosing.

Or a Toa of Light could materialize his own lightsaber, and then we'd get this :P:

takanuva_vs._darth_maul_smaller.jpg

That picture is so awesome. Its going to be my Facebook cover now. (good bye big renaissance battle)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light