Toa Nikila

Makuta Miras

Well, Toa Chronix's Project Mangai inspired me to start a Project Cordak, which I'll probably be posting at some point before Christmas, but just as a precursor to starting it, I decided to make a MOC form of Nikila. With functioning gears.

So here's a front view with her trident: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Makuta-Miras/Project-Cordak/Nikila/trident.jpg

And here's one without: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Makuta-Miras/Project-Cordak/Nikila/front.jpg

And here's a back view: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Makuta-Miras/Project-Cordak/Nikila/back.jpg

And then I beheaded her to show you all the gear system: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Makuta-Miras/Project-Cordak/Nikila/gears.jpg

I know there are some colour discrepancies between the left and right sides, but I don't care so don't go wasting posts on that; and also I am not apologising for the mask. The closest one we have to the Mask of Possibilities is the Mask of Water which 1. I don't have yet and 2. Only comes in dark azure and gold. So :P And also, it was basically that or the Faxon. 

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

Obligatory mask complaint.

Now that that's out of theway, the moc is really cool, I love your use of the gear system. I do think that her body is a bit long, and it gets a bit thin near the bottom.  Other than that, this in an amazing moc.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

She has a very broad figure. Reminds me of Michael Phelps. :P

Also, legs too skinny, but I enjoy the custom torso, maybe not on this MOC though.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Hmm, not feeling the proportions. The legs are way too short and underdeveloped for that torso. From the waist up she looks okay, but the massive fins on her mask make her seem top-heavy. Are there any smaller substitutions?
The gearbox is killer, though! I like how it emulates the old 2001 torsos  :)

Excluding the legs, i'd give it an 8/10. 

Try peeking through Roodaka's instructions to get inspiration for the legs. I'm not saying to copy her leg build, but it could give you some ideas about how to improve them while keeping a feminine vibe.

Nice use of the Mistika Kaukau Nuva buuuut it looks a little too big in regards to the body size. The rest of the moc looks great but that one small detail bugs me. Looks like the head of a bull on the body of Toa. Regardless, the design is very well thought-out and the colour scheme meshes well. Good job!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I like the MOC as a whole. The colour balance is great, aside from those red pins (though if you don't have black ones, that's not a problem that can easily be solved). The wings on the mask are a little odd but not too bad. I'd say this is pretty good overall!

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Well, I have now figured out the secret to getting lots of posts in your topic in BBC; Do a remake of canon characters. :P
Anyway, outside of spam, I'll take this post to address some comments:

The legs could use some work, though.

The legs are way too short and underdeveloped for that torso.

I did originally have a small modification to the lower legs which made them a bit longer, but I removed it because it looked a bit weird and restricted her movement. As for the silver bits at the bottom, I would have liked to use the Glatorian Legends ankle piece, but it was never released in silver. :(

A bit too big and complex compared to Lesovikk, but I think it's still a very good MOC.

*coughs* I said that this was a precursor. As in, this version of Nikila is to the one that I've made for the main project what TMN is to the canister Mata Nui.

From the waist up she looks okay, but the massive fins on her mask make her seem top-heavy. Are there any smaller substitutions?

I've used Bohrok teeth for the canister-sized version, which look a bit better. And smaller. 

The colour balance is great, aside from those red pins (though if you don't have black ones, that's not a problem that can easily be solved).

I do have quite a lot of black ones, it's just that the box I keep my 2M axles, pins and pin/axles is full of black 2M pins, so it's much faster to use red ones instead of digging out black ones.

Regardless, the design is very well thought-out and the colour scheme meshes well.

Do people actually think out their MOCs? I just choose a few designs I like and put them together. :P (A good example would be my Self-MOC, which uses my favourite custom torso, random Mata feet as lower legs, and Technic pieces for the thighs. :D)

VBWj75sh.png