Makuta Krika fan art

PooZy

I've been a long-time fan of bionicle, but the character design that really stood out for me was Krika.

Here's my take on the character. *portrait incoming*

bionsmall.png

Fullsize link: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/morkney/Newerart/bion.png

I recoloured him a little, added a tail and switched his launcher for a hand (I mean, he's got to have a hand somewhere, so that he can interact with the environment...?).

I kept the swampy environment and such.

Image was produced in GIMP using a standard mouse. 

Anyway I'd love to hear your thoughts, and thanks for viewing!

• Upvote 13

sigpic2.png

Super fantastic work. Krika is one of my favourite villians. You did this with just a mouse? Mindblowing. I could not have the patience for that. At all.

Original design too, I liked how you took the major points of the set and bended it to give him a creepily surreal look, but is still easily recognizable as Krika. It takes a lot of creative thinking to have such a neat design represented.

Love the atmopshere as well. Eerie and love the sort of soft painterly style. Glad you also focused on the silhouette on him, makes it a stronger composition. Helps the 'ghost' theme going on. With the very cool colours/black and white in front, I also enjoy the aurora-akin colours for the background, helps him pop out a bit. The red on his face is a good topping on the cake.

You got a great understanding of colours, values, and simply you're pretty talented from what I can tell. Would love to see more art from you. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Lady Kopaka

Super fantastic work. Krika is one of my favourite villians. You did this with just a mouse? Mindblowing. I could not have the patience for that. At all.

Original design too, I liked how you took the major points of the set and bended it to give him a creepily surreal look, but is still easily recognizable as Krika. It takes a lot of creative thinking to have such a neat design represented.

Love the atmopshere as well. Eerie and love the sort of soft painterly style. Glad you also focused on the silhouette on him, makes it a stronger composition. Helps the 'ghost' theme going on. With the very cool colours/black and white in front, I also enjoy the aurora-akin colours for the background, helps him pop out a bit. The red on his face is a good topping on the cake.

You got a great understanding of colours, values, and simply you're pretty talented from what I can tell. Would love to see more art from you. Thanks for sharing.

almost everything I've ever made is in my now-abandoned flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/87782389@N04/

although I think the stuff in there goes back years o_0. Thanks for the kind words.

Horrifying. I get the feeling that a caricature of this will be haunting my dreams tonight. The blend of gears and mechanics and organics solidifies the feeling of being a mutation. I'm seeing a bit of similarity with this image and Bane, from Dota 2. Any correlation, or just a funny coincidence?

Sadly no, I've practically no knowledge of dota 2. That character looks stunning, though!

sigpic2.png

Holy freaking jackrabbits! That thing is all of amazing and downright creepy. The face (?) looks a little weird, but everything else is great! the detail is astounding. I especially like the front limbs. The actual set should have looked like that.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Holy cow! This is probably one of the best pieces of Bionicle fanart that I have ever seen! Just curious, did you take some cues from the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 with the design? The eyeholes of Gaunts, carapace of a Hive Tyrant, and Scything Talons of a Carnifex seem to pop out at me. Regardless, it's even more impressive knowing that you did it with just a mouse! I love the twisted ground and reflection beneath him, I love the sketchy yet developed style, and I love the way he looks so utterly alien. I truly hope we get to see more of this style of art from you!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Let Vezon be my muse... ;)  *Clears throat*  :annoyed:

Oh so spiny and slender in height, 

In desert and wasteland full of spite. 

Makuta Krika so wholesome  to fight,

Repulses through Crast, in darkest sight.

In simpler words, your artistic style is splendid. 

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Wowza, that is beautiful! Love the way you played with the perspective, Krika look enormous and powerful, and it all just has such a great atmosphere with the lighting and colors and the rendering of the setting. Krika looks like Tim Burton and Aperture Science mashed together, it is such a neat design. You've got quite an imagination on you. I really don't know what else to say, I'm blown away by this. It's very scary, but also very magical, and very, very well drawn. I'm impressed that you did it with just a computer mouse, I would never be able to pull that off.

This is just absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to see more of your art, 'cause I just love this :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Holy cow! This is probably one of the best pieces of Bionicle fanart that I have ever seen! Just curious, did you take some cues from the Tyranids of Warhammer 40,000 with the design? The eyeholes of Gaunts, carapace of a Hive Tyrant, and Scything Talons of a Carnifex seem to pop out at me. Regardless, it's even more impressive knowing that you did it with just a mouse! I love the twisted ground and reflection beneath him, I love the sketchy yet developed style, and I love the way he looks so utterly alien. I truly hope we get to see more of this style of art from you!

Thanks <3

I didn't take any cues from anywhere with the design, just the original model. I'm afraid I'm not really knowledgeable about what Tyranids are :\ A lot of this popular culture seems to have slipped me by.

sigpic2.png