Is Chima over now?

MaskMaster

At the end of episode 41, the phoenix ascend to their "mother sun", the hunters are healed, all of chima is restored and everything is peaceful in chima. Not only that, but almost all of 2015 sets appear in episodes 40 and 41 (Except 70220). Does this mean that Chima is over? What do you think? Do you Chima should be continued or cancelled?

Edited by MaskMaster

Personally, I am really disappointed with the "series finale". I though it was good but, it had a lot of flaws and so did some of the sets. I had some ideas that could have made it a whole lot better.

Here are some reasons why the series finale stunk:

1. They never gave Sibress, Saraw, General Sirox, Vultrix, General Crokenburg, Breezor (Who's design was horrible by the way), Trakkar, Tazar, Bulkar, General Icerlot, Iceklaw, Icebite or Icepaw any appearance or story relevance. 

2. The Ice Bears had little importance in the story, they just show up and none of them even have speaking role.

3. The Tiger's Mobile Command (My favorite set for the 2015 wave) only appeared for little more than 5 seconds. And like the ice bears have little importance.

4. Strainor's Saber Cycle never appeared.

5. Their is no explaination for how Tormak get his Shadow Blazer, it just shows up all of a sudden.

6. Since Bladvic got Fire Robes and painted his face, he will probably appear like that in 70227 Bladvic's Bear Mech. So we probably won't get Bladvic's original variant in a set.

7. Many of the characters from the show never appeared in any sets. For example, Queen Crunket, Runk, Rukus, Scrug, Bezar, Balkar, Reegull, Ripnik, etc.

8. The design of Breezor was horrible, they didn't even create a new mold for him. They just used the Yeti body, which does not even look remotely like the beavers from show. It doesn't even have a tail.

9. I don't think the hunters being healed by the illumination is good ending, plus Sir Fangar was the only one who was shown getting healed.

10. They are just going to let the hunters off the hook... really? They tried to lock Chima in an endless winter, I think that's punishment worthy.

11. The mood at the ending was perfect until Cragger ruined it when he was all, "Uh, quick question. How do we get down from here?".

Edited by MaskMaster

Personally, I am really disappointed with the "series finale". I though it was good but, it had a lot of flaws.

I agree. I was kinda disappointed about how rushed it was. I was willing to overlook the ten seconds of buildup for the Ice Bears, but I got excited when the bears went into rage mode. I thought we were gonna see an awesome fight. I thought I could hear the show's creators say, "Nope." Seriously, that could have potentially been the best fight in the series, and that wouldn't be difficult to pull off, considering some of the fight scenes we saw. I guess we'll never know now.

Honestly, the finale should have been longer if they were able to do it. There was so much to show in only 2 episodes, so that kinda made the finale a big letdown in my book.

mindeth the cobwebs

We know the sets are continuing in 2015. Don't have any idea about the story, though.

I can't imagine why the story would continue beyond the sets.

It may be the other way round. Next year's winter wave could be Chima's last with the actual story ending this year.

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

We know the sets are continuing in 2015. Don't have any idea about the story, though.

I can't imagine why the story would continue beyond the sets.

I never suggested it would. But we don't know anything about whether there are sets planned for summer 2015 or beyond. It's still entirely possible.

The three-year plan in that early video was simply describing the initial plans for the theme. Most themes of this size start out with a similar three-year plan. If they sell well enough, they can continue beyond that initial plan, just as Ninjago and Hero Factory both did.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I do want to mention that the winter wave really isn't very indicative of being a last wave, from where I see it. It's pretty massive: 13 sets, 3 or 4 of them store exclusives, at least one polybag, and it introduces no less than 21 new minifigures... Not all final waves are the same, or particularly tiny, of course, but for themes that continue for one last wave at the beginning of a year, from what I understand they're usually not so large or expansive. (But maybe I'm wrong)

On the other hand, the number of new parts made for the wave is pretty small. I can think of only about four new parts off the top of my head, only 2 of them theme-specific. They notably didn't make a new mold for the Beavers, which is pretty odd, considering it's one of only 2 new animals introduced to the sets. If it really is the last wave, that may be the explanation. Also notable is the absence of any Speedorz sets, which reminds me of the 2013 wave of Ninjago, which dropped the spinners... I guess it is hard to say at the moment. Could possibly go either way.

The comments of a set designer on Eurobricks earlier in the year suggest, to me, that it was at the very least planned to continue through 2015. This was quite a while ago, however, so I guess it's possible that things have changed (or that I was misinterpreting it).

AXKP5KC.png

I do want to mention that the winter wave really isn't very indicative of being a last wave, from where I see it. It's pretty massive: 13 sets, 3 or 4 of them store exclusives, at least one polybag, and it introduces no less than 21 new minifigures... Not all final waves are the same, or particularly tiny, of course, but for themes that continue for one last wave at the beginning of a year, from what I understand they're usually not so large or expansive. (But maybe I'm wrong)

On the other hand, the number of new parts made for the wave is pretty small. I can think of only about four new parts off the top of my head, only 2 of them theme-specific. They notably didn't make a new mold for the Beavers, which is pretty odd, considering it's one of only 2 new animals introduced to the sets. If it really is the last wave, that may be the explanation. Also notable is the absence of any Speedorz sets, which reminds me of the 2013 wave of Ninjago, which dropped the spinners... I guess it is hard to say at the moment. Could possibly go either way.

The comments of a set designer on Eurobricks earlier in the year suggest, to me, that it was at the very least planned to continue through 2015. This was quite a while ago, however, so I guess it's possible that things have changed (or that I was misinterpreting it).

I actually count 27 new minifigures, though some of them are just new versions of existing characters, and 6 new molds, not counting the plastic film flags from the battle packs. Five of those new molds are currently specific to Legends of Chima and may remain so: the new, printable body armor for the main characters, the new flame wings for the main characters, the two new flame elements from Flinx's Ultimate Phoenix, and the new "mask" piece for the Bears and Ice Bears. The only mold that I fully expect to show up in other themes is the new disk launcher element used in the battle packs.

The first wave of 2014 had six new theme-specific molds, but just 15 new minifigures. You're right that the 2015 Legends of Chima lineup doesn't seem like a theme on its last legs, and it would not surprise me one bit if the sets were to continue into the summer. With that said, that doesn't necessarily answer the question of whether the STORY is concluded.

• Upvote 1

Just like what happened with Ninjago back in late 2012, the show is over, but the sets will continue for the Winter Wave and that's it. The theme is over now. Unless, like Ninjago, Lego decides to continue it. Anyone noticing how 2015 is like the opposite of 2013? In 2013, Ninjago had ended its show and what was going to be the last sets were released. Chima started its TV series. Now, after 3 seasons (Which Ninjago also had, and no, the 2 Pilot episodes are NOT a season. And if they are, they are Pilot Season or Season 0), Chima has ended its show and its last sets are about to be released as Ninjago starts up its first full-length season. (2014 has only had 8 episodes, but it looks like Ninjago is about to get a full 13 episode season again, now that Chima is supposed to be over.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 2 weeks later...