BIONICLE.com Updated

tn_11_27_14-bionicle-com-updated.png

It's Thanksgiving and LEGO wants us to be thankful for the return of BIONICLE, so they only give us more reason to: BIONICLE.com has been updated with new content. There is still not a lot as far as story is concerned (apart from the video we already know), but there is a lot of cool pictures of the island, the regions and even teasers for the first three episodes that look very promising. You can even download the comics from the sets' building instructions in decent quality and there are all the building instructions as well. It's definitely worth a look and I'm sure we're going to get even more awesome stuff soon!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

There is a lot of new information here. :)

I really like that we learn more about the Skull Spiders. I believe that this shows that the LOSS is a single character that controls the other spiders. 

Also, we learn more about the Protectors and the Regions. My favorite regions are the Regions of Earth and Fire, though all of them look really cool IMO. I kind of wish that we got the names of the Protectors if they have them. And since they seem to play a large role with the Toa's quest, I would think they would have individual names other than "Protector of 'Insert element here'." But I guess they have to save some new info for next year. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Digging the little teases for the first couple of web episodes! I wonder how many they'll be producing for this first year.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Gali and the Protector of Water are featured on the Ice Region page. :P

Love the art, now we can see where all the inhabitants live. I was hoping for a bit more variety in the villages, but there are still good differences among them to spice it up. And did we already know that this planet had two moons? The Region of Stone, Tribe Villages image has two moons, I think.

Gali and the Protector of Water are featured on the Ice Region page. :P

Love the art, now we can see where all the inhabitants live. I was hoping for a bit more variety in the villages, but there are still good differences among them to spice it up. And did we already know that this planet had two moons? The Region of Stone, Tribe Villages image has two moons, I think.

I noticed the moons on pictures from NYCC when Bionicle was said to be returning. I have no idea if they have any important role in the story though. 

pc0lX6T.png

After reading about the three types of Skull Spiders, it seems that their powers consist of those of Generation 1's Kopaka, Onua and Pohatu, with the green ones having x-ray vision, blue ones having great strength and the silver ones being able to move at incredible speeds.  

I think it is pretty awesome that they have these powers. Anyway, this update is awesome.

• Upvote 1

I was hoping for something more, but I guess it is still early.

As the new Bionicle team mentioned, it seems the website is meant to be opened from a tablet or a smartphone. Since I am using a laptop, I really don't like the layout.

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Looking at the Episode sneak peeks again, I noticed that the 'Prophecy of Heroes' says that the heroes 'rain down upon Okoto.' 'The Arrival' also says that Tahu fell from the Stars. I guess its possible now that the Toa came to Okoto from space, thus making them aliens. :P

• Upvote 3

pc0lX6T.png

Very nice, promising start to this new layout for BIONICLE.com. Very accessible, though I wish the locations of the different Skull Spider types was clearer. Better formatting is a relief.

Awesome comics, I'm glad they are back in some form. The art style for the animations look amazing. The MNOG reference just blew my mind. And the carving seems so nostalgic.

Glad to learn some more information, like how the Protector Masks get passed down from generation to generation and the extent of the different weapons/tools. Checking out Okoto's regions was cool too. Can't wait for next year!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

The text for the protectors seem to imply that they are all male (or at least the main ones are). I was kinda hoping that they would mix it up a bit.

Besides that, this was a pretty cool update with a lot of new information. I can't wait until the story actually starts.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

How has no one mentioned this.

If the protector's masks are passed down from father to son then... biological...

• Upvote 3

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

If the protector's masks are passed down from father to son then... biological...

Probably, & I think "no one" has mentioned this because it's the conclusion thought everyone reaches has in less than a second? ;)

Although just because something reproduces doesn't exactly prohibit it being bio-mechanical; maybe nanobots build themselves at a matching rate & dictate development or are otherwise in a symbiotic(-ish) relationship?

I don't particularly expect that to be given as a reason, but hey; it's not necessarily impossible within G2's world from what we know thus far?

Edited by Iblis

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Hmm, in the sneak peek for EP2: The Arrival, the Elder's mask has the same color scheme as the Protector of Fire's one in the set (red and orange). The villagers' masks are just plain red. Looks like the sets really are of the elders. One thing though: Why's the elder of Fire wearing a robe, when the set doesn't? Is the set version the elder's battle-armor or something? XD

Why's the elder of Fire wearing a robe, when the set doesn't? Is the set version the elder's battle-armor or something? XD

I think you answered it yourself (partly). Especially because;

"Journeying through Okoto’s tough regions, the heroes and the Protectors struggle to reach the shrines of the golden masks."

(I wouldn't be surprised if he always has that 'armour' on, where as) A cloak might get in the way for when your fighting Skull Spiders, & trekking allover the island.

Edit: added link

Edited by Iblis

Probably, & I think "no one" has mentioned this because it's the conclusion everyone reaches in less than a second? ;)

Although just because something reproduces doesn't exactly prohibit it being bio-mechanical; maybe nanobots build themselves at a matching rate & dictate development or are otherwise in a symbiotic(-ish) relationship?

I don't particularly expect that to be given as a reason, but hey; it's not necessarily impossible within G2's world from what we know thus far?

The islanders could very well just reproduce by building new invididuals or something. In that case the builder of an invididual could be considered their parent. Thing is, we just don't know yet.
  • Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Probably, & I think "no one" has mentioned this because it's the conclusion everyone reaches in less than a second? ;)

The islanders could very well just reproduce by building new invididuals or something. In that case the builder of an invididual could be considered their parent. Thing is, we just don't know yet.

Exactly.

(Although instead of: "conclusion" I should have had "thought"; & instead of "reaches" I should have had "has".)

Edited by Iblis

Am I the only one that is just getting a blank screen when I click the link?

I don't have that problem but I've read about several other people who do. Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This is SOOO HYPE!!! 

Exactly.

(Although instead of: "conclusion" I should have had "thought"; & instead of "reaches" I should have had "has".)

I honestly like the idea of the protectors being more 'biological' than 'mechanical' in that they biologically reproduce (not confirmed) and die naturally (also not confirmed) as opposed to the Matoran just living forever. P.S. I know that bio-mechanical basically means living machine, but how does that necessarily restrict them to not being able to biologically reproduce or die? I know the Agori/Glatorian could biologically reproduce, but could somebody further clarify on the definition of 'bio-mechanical' in that regard?

Back on the subject of the updated website.

I think the "edits" were more like a rough draft. :P

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

The new info and images is really cool/interesting. I'm a little bummed they didn't come up with a name like Ta-Koto or something so far for the villages, or Ta-Wahi for the region, but I sort of expected this since they are trying to make it easy access for new fans. I'm liking the images of the villages and how you can zoom in on the island, also that the Spiders have different powers. The upcoming episodes look really cool. But yeah the father to son thing sparked my imagination too.

So, w still don't know anything about the Protectors' personalities, other than that they're presumably all male.

Although, this does seem to imply that all villages would have inhabitants of both genders, in theory.

Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Anyone think that this picture looks similar to this scene from MNOG?

There's no way that isn't a MNOG reference. :P

EDIT: Also, apparently there is a fir village close to the fire village in the Fire Region of Okoto. (Misspellings... :P)

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

After reading about the three types of Skull Spiders, it seems that their powers consist of those of Generation 1's Kopaka, Onua and Pohatu, with the green ones having x-ray vision, blue ones having great strength and the silver ones being able to move at incredible speeds.  

I think it is pretty awesome that they have these powers. Anyway, this update is awesome.

This should give Pohatu an even greater reason to run from the dark.  :P

• Upvote 2

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

Anyone think that this picture looks similar to this scene from MNOG?

There's no way that isn't a MNOG reference. :P

EDIT: Also, apparently there is a fir village close to the fire village in the Fire Region of Okoto. (Misspellings... :P)

I'm wondering why people are getting "MNOG" out of that image. Honestly I thought that was a Protector guarding a bunch of masks from an overzealous Tahu. 

The alternative would be a bunch of villagers hiding underground with only their heads sticking up, which would be rather funny. 

I'm wondering why people are getting "MNOG" out of that image. Honestly I thought that was a Protector guarding a bunch of masks from an overzealous Tahu. 

The alternative would be a bunch of villagers hiding underground with only their heads sticking up, which would be rather funny. 

I'm pretty surprised that you didn't get any MNOG vibe. The framing is pretty much the same. 

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I'm pretty surprised that you didn't get any MNOG vibe. The framing is pretty much the same. 

-NotS

Also, I'm pretty sure that "bunch of masks" is a bunch of islanders worshiping Tahu. :P

- Gata

signoffLarge.png