LEGO Universe Closing Down

I'm not gonna lie, I remember playing the beta, and it was alright, the problem though, was that I play World of Warcraft. And well, WoW is just better.... :P And the fact that I'm 20 might have something to do with it, Lego Universe was pretty fun, but it was just to simplistic for me.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Now, a HF MMO with similar controls to WoW, (with equipment being armor on the heroes) could very well succeed if developed and priced right. Heck, I'd spend 5 bucks a month to play as a custom hero defeating baddies.RiV

I like your idea. :) Although they're not MMOs, LEGO did release the online Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet games.What's more, they're free to play and you can customize your own Heroes. I've had fun with both games, and I recommend them.Plus, you can buy your custom heroes through Hero Recon Team. I even got an exclusive code to use in the games with my purchase.-Toa Of Justice

LDD American Flag--------------LDD Tinker Bell
american_flag.jpg_thumb.jpg----------tinker_bell_sig.png

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

I tried it, and personally, I didn't like it,

Same. I just didn't find it very fun...the tasks were not hard or fun, when I have free time, I wouldn't spend it playing it, I'd rather MOC or something. I'm kinda surprised, kinda not, but I see nothing to be sad about because unlike Bionicle, this has been around hardly any time. It's just a little weird.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I played as a beta tester and I loved the game, it's so sad it's already closing. I was planning about buying the 1-month membership on the S@H (the game never got sold here in Italy). Too bad, it was awesome, there were many different worlds, people, imagination.. The best MMO I've ever played.

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Can't say I'm surprised. The basic premise never really caught me. What's really too bad about this is that LEGO hyped this up a lot more than they have their BIONICLE movies. And why on earth would you want to pay to play when you can play for free? I mean, I know you were limited in what you could do, but still.

F2P stinks, you can't chat, you can only be on one level (boring) and you can't even go to Ninjago (one of my favorite parts of the game.
Exactly why I don't play. I would have preferred it being free all over, but have in-game cash and upgrades and special privleges cost money (Like BZP premeir membership and Nanocash from the game Nanovor that devolved into a kid's game and went down).

aouROFb.png

Now, a HF MMO with similar controls to WoW, (with equipment being armor on the heroes) could very well succeed if developed and priced right. Heck, I'd spend 5 bucks a month to play as a custom hero defeating baddies.RiV

I like your idea. :) Although they're not MMOs, LEGO did release the online Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet games.What's more, they're free to play and you can customize your own Heroes. I've had fun with both games, and I recommend them.Plus, you can buy your custom heroes through Hero Recon Team. I even got an exclusive code to use in the games with my purchase.-Toa Of Justice
No need to quote stuff I already know...And I just bought WoW for $20. I have a month of game time and up to lvl 70. By the time my month is up I'll be buying the next expansion.Lego should learn from successful MMOs.Rivin

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I played as a beta tester and I loved the game, it's so sad it's already closing. I was planning about buying the 1-month membership on the S@H (the game never got sold here in Italy). Too bad, it was awesome, there were many different worlds, people, imagination.. The best MMO I've ever played.

Heh, my same problem. Just that I couldn't get it on the Internet shop because of the obviously annoying parents - erm, I wanted to say my splendid parents... :censored: Why, why are they so dictatorial... :burnmad: Thanks to them, I will have to kill myself playing FTP, that big amount of anything that offers to do for the next three months.

i never tried it... games like this dont appeal too me. not only would i have to by the game, i would have to keep paying for it....nope, not gonna happen.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Aw man! This stinks! :( :crying:I actually liked LEGO Universe. When I got Free-to-Play, I was instantly hooked so after a few days I decided to get the full version. I thought they said they had plans of making a new world in the future, so what's gonna happen with all that work?I think the price should have been lowered too. But the whole thing about the target audience is dumb. Why worry about the target audience when you have people paying? Isn't that what a company should be more worried about, you know, making money? Heck I know some college people like me play it, so what's wrong with not meeting your target group if people are still paying for it?I'm sad this is happening. I wish they'll still keep it upon, or even better, maybe reopen it sometime in the future after some things are settled.

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

So basicly all those people who bought the game now just wasted their money. I wonder if they will all get their money back?

No they won't.Everyone who paid for the game already got what they paid for, and any subscriptions that have expired also were not wasted.Basically the only people getting severely shafted by this money wise are people who just bought 6 or 12-month subs. which is something that always happens when a sub-based MMO closes.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So basicly all those people who bought the game now just wasted their money. I wonder if they will all get their money back?

No they won't.Everyone who paid for the game already got what they paid for, and any subscriptions that have expired also were not wasted.Basically the only people getting severely shafted by this money wise are people who just bought 6 or 12-month subs. which is something that always happens when a sub-based MMO closes.~ELM~
Actually, people will receive refunds, according to this page:

All current subscribers (1, 6 or 12 month plans) who still have active subscriptions on December 31 will receive a refund for any remaining game time remaining after December 31 as well as free play from January 1, 2012 until January 31.

-Toa Of Justice Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

LDD American Flag--------------LDD Tinker Bell
american_flag.jpg_thumb.jpg----------tinker_bell_sig.png

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

Well that was a spectalular flop, good try lego. I'm glad I stuck with RO-BLOX before this happed. I Though it would have at least gotten to the lanching of expancion pack area most MMOs have gotten to lego should have re-thought target age group before this happend. I am unhappy i never tryed it, sounds like a good game.

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.

Well, for me, it sort of came out of the blue. I hadn't even given a thought to it's closing, but now that I think about it, I can see the signs: Free-to-play version, a widely advertised ninjago world, lots of new competitions and things that members get, etc. And I agree about the money. About 10$ a month is way to much. I would have bought it if not for the price.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

May LEGO learn from this failure(I'm not saying it was horrible).

I doubt that it was an overall failure from a business perspective, with a subscription thing like LU, you may have enough subscribers to make a profit at the beginning, but then later lose subscribers and be losing money for every day the game is running. Probably they're taking it offline to avoid an overall loss.- 55555
Making it free to play was the worst thing they could have done. Then, everyone who wanted to play it would have stopped paying for it and just hopped on the free bandwagon.Team Fortress 2, anyone?

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Actually, people will receive refunds, according to this page:

All current subscribers (1, 6 or 12 month plans) who still have active subscriptions on December 31 will receive a refund for any remaining game time remaining after December 31 as well as free play from January 1, 2012 until January 31.

-Toa Of Justice
Ah, well that's good.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I doubt that it was an overall failure from a business perspective, with a subscription thing like LU, you may have enough subscribers to make a profit at the beginning, but then later lose subscribers and be losing money for every day the game is running. Probably they're taking it offline to avoid an overall loss.- 55555
Making it free to play was the worst thing they could have done. Then, everyone who wanted to play it would have stopped paying for it and just hopped on the free bandwagon.Team Fortress 2, anyone?
Actually, it was not possible to switch back to a free account once you had already payed subscription.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm sad to hear that it's ending. I would like to play it, but I just don't have the freetime to really make use of the membership. Guess I'll have to sign up in December for one last month of gameplay.Maybe Lego will come out with something similiar and even better in the future. :):music:

Actually, it was not possible to switch back to a free account once you had already payed subscription.~Gata. ;)
What I mean is, in Team Fortress 2, when the game was made free to play, there was an influx of players who only joined because they didn't have to pay, and the game didn't make as much money.Same principle applies here.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I saw this coming, I mean honestly the target age group, kids, is a tough one to market an MMOG. It's unlikely that most kids have that kind of money on a monthly basis, and even less getting there parents to pay for them, or something. Anyway, I had high hopes for this game, it's sad to hear that it is going...