Bionicle 2015 TV Show

Hey guys! :D

We have seen two trailers and comics on the back of the sets.

They all feature a iconic animation style similar to the Mixels series.

If there would be a Bionicle 2015 TV Show, would you want it in this comic-style

or would you want 3D Animation?

Would you want a Bionicle 2015 TV show?

And what would you expect from that show?

Also what do you think what the plot would be?

We can discuss these and other thoughts/questions

for a Bionicle 2015 TV Show here :).

• Upvote 1

I am sorry for all grammar errors.

If i dont response to any important posts pls message me.

My BZPRPG Profiles are:

Izen [Toa] [Pakari] [Iron] [Smith,Wanderer,Warrior & more]

Aum [Rahi] [Bird] [Companion of Izen]

Edan [Toa] [Volitak] [Sonic] [Thief and Asassine]

Koyo [Matoran] [Sanok] [Plasma] [Travelling Merchant/Cook]

Placeholder [Species] [Kanohi] [Element] [Quick Info]

i'd much rather have online content (short animations, games) than a full TV show, and i doubt Lego has any plans to make one. they already have two lines that are heavily tied into TV shows, and i think they know better than to attempt it with Bionicle. on the other hand, i could definitely see them doing a movie if G2 proves successful.

The movies always looked cool to me, so when I saw the 2D animation I was taken back and a little confused. However, in this day and age, I would much rather have traditional animation - if Lego were to make a full-length Bionicle film, some more detailed animation would be required of course - because I think we have WAY too many 3D movies nowadays. I'll admit that the 3D animation looks cool, but I really miss seeing movies (and TV shows) that are classically animated. That's why I'm a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (and Korra) and this new Bionicle animation style.

TV Show?- Like NotS said, I highly doubt they would. I wouldn't want it anyway because as Avatar: The Legend of Korra has shown us, more people watch content online now (hence the show being pulled from the Nick channel) and I would definitely log onto Bionicle's website weekly to catch new webisodes. 

After watching the "Masks of Power" Trailer, however, I am much more interested to know where Lego is going with this for some good reasons:

1. The music in the Trailer really caught my attention

2. The animation was cleaner and looked much better than the concept art pictures portrayed it

3. The tone of the story is far less "dumbed-down" than I originally thought it was going to be

4. It doesn't seem so different from the 2001 Storyline. This excites me because I get to be here from the beginning this time as I was too young to understand Bionicle until 2005 when I received my first sets.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I wouldn't mind seeing a full-length show distributed online for sure. Of course, starting with these 90 sec shorts is definitely a safe starting point.

What if it was distributed in 3-5 minute videos? 90 seconds just seems short (to me anyway). I agree that that is a safe beginning, yet I also think that to have a better story, the videos should be a little longer if they don't go with the full length episodes.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

An online show would be feasible but if LEGO just sticks to online animation, don't expect anything grand. Animation is expensive, even flash animation. A full season of 22 minute long episodes hosted only on the LEGO website would not be practical. If anything expect shorts like Star Wars the Clone Wars (not the new 3D one, the animated one.)

• Upvote 1

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

I would love to see a TV series because it would suit the franchise very well because of the story. I would want it to be 3-D animated and have at least 10-26 22-minute-long episodes per season, so I don't have to worry about a movie series (if there is any).:)

Plus, I can see that the webisodes look like that they have the same animation style as the Mixels. I wonder how would that go well when they came out? Hmm...

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

While CGI has become a bit of a tradition for Lego TV series and stand-alone specials proper (Ninjago, Chima, Lego Star Wars), the art style of the animation is starting to grow on me. The character designs have a bit of a Transformers Animated quality to them, which I also grew to like after watching that series. If they wanted something more than animated micro-episodes for their website, I'd recommend cleaning up the designs just a bit, and increasing the framerate to smooth out the animation. But I would watch something like this.

And I think that by "online show" I would presume we're talking about something like Hulu or Netflix. We can all agree that Lego probably wouldn't devote their server space/bandwidth to a full-length TV series (they don't keep full episodes of Ninjago or Legends of Chima on their website).

• Upvote 1

And I think that by "online show" I would presume we're talking about something like Hulu or Netflix. We can all agree that Lego probably wouldn't devote their server space/bandwidth to a full-length TV series (they don't keep full episodes of Ninjago or Legends of Chima on their website).

Seeing how big the name Bionicle is, it's always possible that Bionicle would be the exception and episodes would be on Lego's website, thus increasing the internet traffic to the site...? Maybe?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

While CGI has become a bit of a tradition for Lego TV series and stand-alone specials proper (Ninjago, Chima, Lego Star Wars), the art style of the animation is starting to grow on me. The character designs have a bit of a Transformers Animated quality to them, which I also grew to like after watching that series. If they wanted something more than animated micro-episodes for their website, I'd recommend cleaning up the designs just a bit, and increasing the framerate to smooth out the animation. But I would watch something like this.

They actually DID have full episodes of the TV series on the British Ninjago site back in 2012, since they weren't allowed to air the episodes on TV there at that time (British advertising laws can sometimes be unkind to shows based on current toy franchises). Also, they host full episodes of some of their shows on YouTube in certain languages.

I think the main reason they don't do that for free in English normally is to avoid competition with the broadcast/home media versions. After all, Cartoon Network might not be happy about even AIRING the show if they think everybody's just going to watch it for free online.

I wouldn't mind seeing a full-length show distributed online for sure. Of course, starting with these 90 sec shorts is definitely a safe starting point.

What if it was distributed in 3-5 minute videos? 90 seconds just seems short (to me anyway). I agree that that is a safe beginning, yet I also think that to have a better story, the videos should be a little longer if they don't go with the full length episodes.

They could end up longer, but I believe they are going for 90 secs each to start in 2015

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

It really depends on the style of the episode. I am a bit worried that there will be two minutes of story and twenty minutes of filler. It can work if done well, but that's hard to do. And the new line has a lot to live up to when compared to the old stories.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I wouldn't mind a mix of both, to be honest. The music videos that we got for the later years were very well animated in 3D, but I'm interested to see how the 2D animation is done. It looks great so far, so I have high hopes for the new shorts

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!