What would happen if a Matoran tried to use a Legendary mask?

If they put the Ignika on their face, they'd get cursed.

Otherwise nothing, since Matoran can't use mask powers of any level. (And the Ignika would only do something because it itself is alive, and it's about touching it at all, not whether it's on their face.) Unless, of course, they broke it while wearing it. That would be bad. :P

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 5

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Vahi -  I kinda picture it as a bad acid trip, but not specifically because of time, just because the mask is that powerful that it starts interfering with their mental circuitry.

Ignika - Like bonesiii said. Unless they were meant to wear the mask (In which case it would try to turn them into a Toa, I think), it would inflict a Blessed with Suck or Cursed with Awesome on them.

Creation - Artakha would very likely ask them to hand it back over after asking where exactly they got it from.

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I always imagined their face would melt off if they were evil. If they were good and put one on, they'd feel like they had just drank gallons of coffee. The Ignika would still curse them, though.

Edit: ten cups of coffee changed to gallons to better illustrate the insane level of awakeness.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

If they put the Ignika on their face, they'd get cursed.

Otherwise nothing, since Matoran can't use mask powers of any level. (And the Ignika would only do something because it itself is alive, and it's about touching it at all, not whether it's on their face.) Unless, of course, they broke it while wearing it. That would be bad.  :P

^This. Although also this:

Ignika - Like bonesiii said. Unless they were meant to wear the mask (In which case it would try to turn them into a Toa, I think), it would inflict a Blessed with Suck or Cursed with Awesome on them.

Creation - Artakha would very likely ask them to hand it back over after asking where exactly they got it from.

But possibly mental strangeness for all of them. & I'm fairly certain the Ignika being anything other than rude was just an anomaly within it's personality, which shan't last long; but generally, if you're good cursed with suck,  if your bad blessed with awesome (Touch of Death!).

feel like they had just drank ten cups of coffee.

I've had many litres of strong coffee a day (albeit not recently), & I'm still not sure of what that feeling is other than: one, the absence of tired; two, more alert. :P :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I've always considered the Avohkii to be a Legendary mask, so it's my personal belief that any Legendary mask could turn Matoran into Toa, but it's not a sure-fire thing. Takua only got turned into a Toa because he was destined to do so, so I suppose the same is true for any Legendary mask.

Of course, most people don't consider the Avohkii to be legendary, despite the fact that there is only one and it controls an element of immense power.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

So bones is saying that a Matoran could walk around with the Vahi on his face and nothing bad would happen to him? (other than Makuta trying to steal it from them lol?) Then if a Toa decided to put on his mask he would suddenly find himself in an epic struggle to control time itself?

Weird.

Then if a Toa decided to put on his mask he would suddenly find himself in an epic struggle to control time itself?

If the Toa used the mask. Matoran can't use masks -- hence the difference. Your wording here makes it sound like just the Vahi on Tahu's face triggers the power, but it doesn't (so far as I'm aware :P). Nothing in the power description says that, and both the 2003 portrayal and 2004 of its use showed it on the Toa's face for a little bit of time before the Toa activated it.

Tahu's is admittedly debatable because there's a brief scene showing the Nuva symbols flying quickly toward the cube, then the vid shows him switching to the mask. But by the time he slows it down, the symbols are again shown farther away than in the earlier scene, so it's implied the scenes are shown a bit out of order for dramatic effect. In any event, he puts the mask on, and has time to wave his swords around a little before activating the power.

The Vakama scene is even clearer -- he and Makuta even have time to have a brief conversation (the end of a preceding convo) before he activates the power (when Makuta concludes his speechifying with the Shadow Hand activation).

Edit: Missed this post:

I've always considered the Avohkii to be a Legendary mask

It isn't. It's a Great Mask. (But an elemental one.)

so it's my personal belief that any Legendary mask could turn Matoran into Toa

The Mask of Light's turning Takua into Toa Takanuva had nothing to do with its power level; it was charged up with Toa Energy, the same as a Toa Stone (any object can be so charged, not just special decorative stones like the ones Lhikan used; the ones the Toa Metru made were just stones they found on the ground of Mata Nui). (However, the Ignika could presumably turn Matoran into Toa if it wanted. And maybe the Mask of Creation could make a charged Toa Stone. The MoC is probably what made the Avhokii be charged up like that in fact.)

Of course, most people don't consider the Avohkii to be legendary, despite the fact that there is only one and it controls an element of immense power.

1) It's not about what people "consider", but that it's canon fact that it isn't. (Unless you just mean in a headcanon/fanfiction sense, but FTR in case you don't know what's canon as the rest of your post does seem to imply. :) )

2) There being only one doesn't make it Legendary. Legendary masks only have one because there's an actual rule that there can only be one. The Mask of Light only has one because nobody happened to make a second.

3) Its power level is the same as any Great mask. It's extra useful against beings of shadow, but only because light is an effective counter to shadow; against normal beings it wouldn't be any more powerful than any other element on average.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)