"return To The Lego Universe"

Larnuu

Note: This topic is different then the official LEGO Universe topic because this is a idea i came up with NOT appart of the actually LEGO Universe.Today i was thinking if it would be cool if some programers could open up the LEGO Universe file and make a MMO out of it. now this one would be a game that takes place after LEGO Universe so no, flying to planets, factions and defiantly no Maelstrom. What would happen is that it would be a game much similar to most builder MMO's (and possible the original concept) that you played as a Mini-figure in the lego world, building stuff, playing games, accomplishing challenges, all the stuff you would imagine a LEGO game bace on ALL of LEGO, not just a small part of it.The game would be programed from LU's enjon (some of you think it looks bad, it's great) and all you have to do is change the levels to be custom, and also adding property bounds all members can use so the world would mostly be built by the members because that's the way of the LEGO. However,some areas like shops, iconic areas, minigame areas can't be built on. Now members could chose to make there creations able to be edited by anyone or only you can edit them but it has a tag of the original builder and all it's editors (admins would have the power to remove something if it were offensive). You would have to use a train station to go from one part of the world to another.The story isn't that straight forward but i would imagine that giving a feel of not making it a feel of not making you go out and help save the day but just building and doing what you want to do.You woud also see in some levels some of the iconic landmarks like Advent Garden's monument, Tree Dojo in Forbidden Valley, Pirate Camp etc. (also the Nexus tower would be accessible with a few changes but being the most like the original then any of the game).Ninjago Monastery would be accessible and probably the area that would pretty much stay the same however the text would be changed to fit the story. However there would be less Skelitons in the caves and none in the frought however if it's possible there would be a dungen level of the underworld witch i'll get to.I think it would also be cool if some areas had a dungen level where you could go to and fight some boss and get loot (really the only fighting areas in the game)._______I have no plan to make this my self but i hope some BZpower members would take the time and motive to make it. Remember, make the game like what you would imagen LEGO Universe would have been if you made it.

naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

Sorry, but this isn't possible for numerous reasons:

• [*]It is borderline impossible to modify LU without the original source code, because the binary/executable that you actually run is not understandable by any soul living on this planet. Even the LU developers themselves cannot understand it - it took a separate program to transform their source code into that binary, and even that program can't reverse-engineer the original source code.[*]There are too many licensing issues; LU's license states that you cannot reverse-engineer their source code, modify the game in any way, or redistribute LU without Lego's permission. So, even if someone had the supernatural ability to understand LU's executable, they couldn't legally share their modification with anyone else due to LU's license agreement. (This is why you read licenses. ^_^)[*]Lego still owns the copyright to LU; any modifications would have to come from them, or at least be approved by them (before said modification was uploaded to the Internet)[*]The cost of maintaining an MMO is around $200 a month, which is pretty much impossible to come by unless you have a very generous uncle. :)

If Lego open-sourced LU (i.e, let LU's source code be modified and redistributed without Lego's permission), this might be possible, and that's a big might, not to mention Lego open-sourcing LU in the first place is highly unlikely. But point #4 would still remain.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Back to Point #1 you made, UltraHau - how exactly did the incomprehensible source code even get programmed in the first place? Did they let a team of highly trained monkeys bang away at typewriters until they happened to write it out? :PI still think a LEGO MMO could work, but not on the first go-round. It was a shame to see LEGO Universe go, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Back to Point #1 you made, UltraHau - how exactly did the incomprehensible source code even get programmed in the first place? Did they let a team of highly trained monkeys bang away at typewriters until they happened to write it out? :PI still think a LEGO MMO could work, but not on the first go-round. It was a shame to see LEGO Universe go, though.

Simple - they programmed LU in a human-readable programming language first, which computers cannot understand/execute, and then used a program called a compiler to translate their human-readable code into something computers can understand (and thus execute). This is the basic process for writing a program in most computer languages today, actually - save for interpreted programming languages like Python, Lua, and Java, which perform the compiling step on-the-fly.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png