A connection between Makuta and Kal?

I was looking over the list of various Kraata powers that a Makuta has, and I noticed that they possess all the powers of the Bohrok-Kal. Now I'm sure that they don't have as much control over that power as the Kal did, but the fact of the matter is still there. The question is, was there a connection between the Antidermis that the Makuta are made of and the Kal substance that the Bahrag used, and that by creating the Kal they tapped into the powers of the Makuta and gave them to the respective Bohrok? or did the story writers just run out of powers for the Makuta, and decided "hey, we haven't used these powers in awhile, lets reuse them and let Makuta (and through extension Rahkshi) have the ability to have these powers too."? Or could there be a third reason? I'm open for ideas and opinions, I have no opinion of my own on this subject. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

or did the story writers just run out of powers for the Makuta, and decided "hey, we haven't used these powers in awhile, lets reuse them

Basically this, except that "hadn't used them in a while" is false, as the Kal were early 2003, the Kraata were late 2003. I forget exactly when the full Kraata powers chart was established; it might have been later than 2003 but not much later.

Anywho, there is apparently no in-universe explanation except coincidence.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I believe GregF provided the original Kraata chart directly to BZPower here. According to it, some miscellaneous Rahkshi would appear in the story "next year," which was presumably 2004, where we saw, off the top of my head, Heat Vision and Density Control. So, it was 2003, making the powers chosen around the same time as the Kal. I assume that they were chosen just so Greg could knock out a big chunk of the 36 powers he had to think of.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!