Taka Nuvia

00doubt.jpg

Part 1

Part 2

From commissioned artist to conspiracy theorist - Doubt is a two-part comic telling this short story, tieing in with the Bionicle Mafia Books by Voltex and the universe they're set in.

Part two is now added. :)

Artist's notes: Each of those panels is about half an A4 page tall; these were drawn and inked digitally but coloured/shaded traditionally, with a black coloured pencil.

Edited by Fairy Paladin
  • Upvote 9

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

coloured/shaded traditionally, with coloured pencils.

Stinkin' HB lead.

This is rather interesting. I will await part two.

It was a black coloured pencil, though. :) However, I probably shouldn't have put the plural there, sorry. It was already fairly late in my time zone when I posted this. ^^"

E: updated the description accordingly.

But glad to hear it's been interesting so far.

Edited by Fairy Paladin

coloured/shaded traditionally, with coloured pencils.

Stinkin' HB lead.

This is rather interesting. I will await part two.

It was a black coloured pencil, though. :) However, I probably shouldn't have put the plural there, sorry. It was already fairly late in my time zone when I posted this. ^^"

...How good are you with a colored pencil? I fail miserably at that. I usually shade with a .5mm pencil because lead is harder.

bBhcfWO.png

Part 2 is now added to the first post; thus concludes our thrilling (maybe? ^^') story. Hope you enjoyed it!

~~

[...]

...How good are you with a colored pencil? I fail miserably at that. I usually shade with a .5mm pencil because lead is harder.

... well, coloured pencils have always been my most favourite media, so I guess I could say that I have some experience? :3 Anyway, I usually prefer a black coloured pencil over graphite lead even for such things, because of the softer lead, as it works a bit better for me.

WOAH WAIT

HOW DID YOU RELEASE THIS WITHOUT ME NOTICING

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

GIVE ME A MOMENT WHILE I READ THE THING

OKAY IT'S BEEN READ

whew okay

So many questions. I do like it though, that was pretty cool. All the panels look so good too.

Yeah. Great job!

The art style for this is superbly high quality. The plot is a little harder to follow - the first panel has MISSINY written upside down, which doesn't seem to make any sense. Then Taka goes to talk to Automaton and hands him a piece of paper...and then she meets this mysterious black figure. 

It's still a good job - I think cultivating mystery was the point - but I had a little trouble getting it, if you know what I mean. :)

• Upvote 1

One question... Why is the Matoran Letter for "b" written incorrectly? Is it poetic or something. I saw it in a signature and came here just to ask that.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

WOAH WAIT

HOW DID YOU RELEASE THIS WITHOUT ME NOTICING

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

GIVE ME A MOMENT WHILE I READ THE THING

OKAY IT'S BEEN READ

whew okay

So many questions. I do like it though, that was pretty cool. All the panels look so good too.

Yeah. Great job!

Probably because I was a bit too busy to advertise this properly. ^^" Sorry 'bout that.

But glad you enjoyed it; as for questions, feel free to ask about anything that's unclear, I'd be happy to explain everything. :)

The art style for this is superbly high quality. The plot is a little harder to follow - the first panel has MISSINY written upside down, which doesn't seem to make any sense. Then Taka goes to talk to Automaton and hands him a piece of paper...and then she meets this mysterious black figure. 

It's still a good job - I think cultivating mystery was the point - but I had a little trouble getting it, if you know what I mean. :)

Thank you! =D

... you're right. It should have read "MISSING", but the G was warped too much due to perspective and stuff so it does look like a Y... oh well. ._.

The first two panels of Part 2 were actually supposed to be her handing over the commissioned piece of art to White 3 (hence the way too small '3' on the forehead ^^"), and then meeeting with Automaton afterwards.

Sorry about the confusion; I tried to go for something I'd never done before with that comic (the whole "more or less no dialogue/text" thing), that probably did not work out fully as intended. ^^"

Lovely work

Thank you ^_^

One question... Why is the Matoran Letter for "b" written incorrectly? Is it poetic or something. I saw it in a signature and came here just to ask that.

...because I suck at writing matoran, I guess. :< Just a mistake of mine, sorry. ('though I actually like it that way because it's legible/more immediate even to those who aren't as fluent in matoran (including myself, apparently ^^))

Pity you didn't read the comic too while you were here already, it's pretty! :D (kidding, it's fine)

• 2 months later...

Don't know why I wasn't aware of this earlier but first off I'm loving how your comic is able to tell a story with minimum actual talking, and I'm also generally liking the art style. Though perhaps the mini-morbuzahk is my favorite part.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.