[Review Topic] A Mystery Explored

Zatth

I caught on to this epic for whatever reason (Maybe it was the blogs. :shrugs:). Anyway, I'm starting to like it. You've got a good character dynamic going with Ajura and Orde and a taste of mystery. 

Except that I know that Valmai is a volcano on Voya Nui and Mangaia is Makuta's lair near Mata Nui. The answer to the mystery would feel obvious from that information, but I can't quite put my finger on it just yet. My intuition screams Teridax, but then again it screamed Teridax for the whole of Bionicle. XP Either that, or the information Teridax got from Tren Krom, but that's probably just because the Tren Krom peninsula is involved. 

Anyway, looks good, looking forward to more. :)

I caught on to this epic for whatever reason (Maybe it was the blogs. :shrugs:). Anyway, I'm starting to like it. You've got a good character dynamic going with Ajura and Orde and a taste of mystery. 

Except that I know that Valmai is a volcano on Voya Nui and Mangaia is Makuta's lair near Mata Nui. The answer to the mystery would feel obvious from that information, but I can't quite put my finger on it just yet. My intuition screams Teridax, but then again it screamed Teridax for the whole of Bionicle. XP Either that, or the information Teridax got from Tren Krom, but that's probably just because the Tren Krom peninsula is involved. 

Anyway, looks good, looking forward to more. :)

Thanks! I'm glad to hear the Ajura/Orde thing, since my biggest thing I'm working on is character development and creating real people.

And on the two words, even though we know what they refer to, this takes the meaning of the word from their archaic meaning...

Hopefully that's a good enough clarification that opens up a bunch of more questions :P

Thanks again for reading!

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Cool continuation; the mysteries deepen. But Psychometry is a mask power used on objects, not a Psionic power used to sense others' thoughts.

Welp, that's what happens when you finish off the chapter at 2 a.m :P

Thanks for catching that mistake, it's now fixed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have no idea what those green things could be; this is a really interesting development!

(Just pointing out, I don't think you intended Ajura to thank "Mat Nui."

Ah, thanks for catching that! I would blame it on autocorrect, but I'm sure it was my deeply-rooted obsession with tapestries :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, new chapter is (finally) up (again)!

I'm hoping the lash chapter will indeed be out just by next week! And again, apologies for the lateness, I just got into another creative writing project and ended up devoting the entirety of the past month to it.

As before, any and all comments are appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

And so, the last chapter is up.

I hope I finished Ajura and Orde's story up nicely. If you have any comments on the whole series, characters, locations, anything, they are very much welcome! I think I have some ideas on how to return to the Epics forum very soon, and will be glad to have any and all comments to keep improving in telling the stories I love and that I hope you all enjoyed as well!

Wow... Not the ending I expected, but a good one. An easy victory, physically, but not so much morally. But what happens now, and will we learn the answers to some of the many questions brought up here? Will there be a sequel?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Wow... Not the ending I expected, but a good one. An easy victory, physically, but not so much morally. But what happens now, and will we learn the answers to some of the many questions brought up here? Will there be a sequel?

Yep, a sequel is in the works! Probably will come out in a few months, but I've already got some ideas on what to do for it. Glad to know the ending went well, I was kinda scared that focusing more on the morality side of it would detract from the overall "victory".