Toa Mangai of Ice Kanohi Poll

Boidoh

Toa Mangai of Ice Kanohi Poll  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted Calix cause its an awesome power. Voted Garai cause a gravity/ice wielding Toa would be cool.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

It seems as if the Calix, Conjuring, Kakama and Rode are winning so far.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I'm still having an incredibly difficult time believing that sweeping canonizations like this fly with the community. Since this is apparently boiling down to just a numbers game, this is (again, shockingly) a poor way to conduct a poll. You're not even treating the characters like characters anymore, they're just checkmarks on a box.
  • Upvote 9

So without first looking at what other people voted for/ gave reasons for certain Kanohi, I voted for Rahi Control (speaks for itself), Mask of Adaption (in a constantly changing battleground of a burnt-out city, against a fire-breathing dragon, it might help), Mask of Growth (it might help to go toe to toe against a giant beasty) and the Kadin (to keep up with the dragon in aerial pursuits).

Some runner ups were: the Garai, Matatu, Faxon, Calix, Pakari, Rau, Sanok, and the Mask of Possibilities.

(Now to go through all the posts and see what other people said...)

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

We arrive very clearly at the limit between canon and fan-made with these polls : 60~80 members's votes are enough to canonize elements (elements that GregF has never planned before in the case of the Toa Mangai, moreover) into a fictional universe, followed by millions of fans around the world? (you have four hours  :P )

In my opinion, these polls are questionable on thier legitimacy, especially this one for the rushed way it was set up: it would be more serious and careful to make a poll for each Ko-Toa. The fact that you pick up the top 4 votes for their Kanohi will make that the decisions which will emanate from this poll will seem very random.

The poll was lauched since one day. I think that it would be safe to reset it for manage the whole thing in a better way.

• Upvote 2

That's why multiple votes are allowed.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

That's why multiple votes are allowed.

Multiple votes is a crutch used for efficiency; actually taking the time to craft each poll individually would be giving the proper amount of deference to the notion, not to mention would solve certain factual inconsistencies, like the possibility they have repeated masks. Please don't dismiss the ideas just because they run counter to yours; theories need to be supported by facts, not the other way around.

I'll deal with the concern that they might have repeated masks soon enough.

• Upvote 1

We arrive very clearly at the limit between canon and fan-made with these polls : 60~80 members's votes are enough to canonize elements (elements that GregF has never planned before in the case of the Toa Mangai, moreover) into a fictional universe, followed by millions of fans around the world? (you have four hours :P )

In my opinion, these polls are questionable on thier legitimacy, especially this one for the rushed way it was set up: it would be more serious and careful to make a poll for each Ko-Toa. The fact that you pick up the top 4 votes for their Kanohi will make that the decisions which will emanate from this poll will seem very random.

The poll was lauched since one day. I think that it would be safe to reset it for manage the whole thing in a better way.

I've been preqching this over and over again. :P

Therefor I second this motion.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'll deal with the concern that they might have repeated masks soon enough.

A little more elaboration than "I'll get to it" would be appreciated. Thus far, I have not received enough assurance that it's something that can/will be handled.

We arrive very clearly at the limit between canon and fan-made with these polls : 60~80 members's votes are enough to canonize elements (elements that GregF has never planned before in the case of the Toa Mangai, moreover) into a fictional universe, followed by millions of fans around the world? (you have four hours :P )

In my opinion, these polls are questionable on thier legitimacy, especially this one for the rushed way it was set up: it would be more serious and careful to make a poll for each Ko-Toa. The fact that you pick up the top 4 votes for their Kanohi will make that the decisions which will emanate from this poll will seem very random.

I've been preqching this over and over again. :P

Therefor I second this motion.

I'll third it, but I don't see it happening.
  • Upvote 1

It might happen. 

I asked Greg if any of the Toa Mangai had the same Kanohi as another Toa Mangai. If he said something like "probably" or "its up to you guys", then I'll re-start. If he outright says "no", then the poll stays.

• Upvote 1

Might I point out that the Mask of Silence might not be considered "immoral" at this time, since the only reason it was immoral was because Chirox wore it in Karda Nuii.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

I'll ask about that one.

Maybe I've got this scattered, but I think frozen underwater is where Vezok/Reidak/Avak got it from, and then the Mangai refroze it and took it to Xia, where it then made another mess in Gali Nuva Blog and Dwellers in Darkness.

Rightly... just checked, and I was the one that was scattered. Sigh. (Apparently writing the scene in my retelling doesn't help it stay in my memory lol).

Well, Kaukau would still be a nice mask for a Ko-Toa to have due to the water under ice thing. :shrugs:

Noticed two things that need something said IMO:

Multiple votes is a crutch used for efficiency; actually taking the time to craft each poll individually would be giving the proper amount of deference to the notion, not to mention would solve certain factual inconsistencies, like the possibility they have repeated masks.

I don't see this as likely enough to worry about just yet. Having each member of a Toa team have a different mask, especially since there's already multiple members with the same element, is a strong enough rule in an out-universe sense that I think the rare statistical chance of such a repeat may be justifiably ignored and Greg almost certainly would agree (he'd just say it much more briefly like "Two Toa of Ice with the same mask would be too confusing" or the like).

But if people really want to try for it, for some weird reason, Greg can be asked, and a popular result from this poll could just be doubled.

There are many issues here, the most important being that normal canon is produced without any fan input at all. When Greg decides he wants to establish the Toa Mangai, he needs to decide how to pick their main attributes, and something has to be picked. He could just flip a coin (or the equivalent as there's more than two options here :P), but he decides to let fans decide. :)

Even if that fan decision is more like a tiebreaker than a landslide, it still gives him something to work with. If people are getting too attached to their choices such that Greg picking the winner would be a serious issue for them, that is a problem with their own approach because they would have the same issue times a thousand had Greg just done what was done for most Bionicle canon and picked something without fan input.

Also some nitpicky issues:

The members voting here are highly likely to be well informed about the Bionicle universe. And while it's true that the entire fanbase doesn't vote here, that's also true everywhere else.

Greg did plan some of the elements, but WHEN plans are made is not very relevant (and I only add "very" to be cautious... :P). He has decided that the team should be finally established and allowed us to help him decide things about them.

I see no reason to have a different poll for each Ko-Toa. The solution of picking the top four choices accomplishes the same thing with more efficiency. And talk about a confusing scenario of four polls all asking the same thing! Seriously, please think these criticisms through before you post them, folks. (But poll posters should also think the polls through too. :))

You're right in essence that the masks chosen will be kind of "random", but then the same could be said about any Toa or Toa Team's masks. (And how random you want to see it as depends on how much of the reasoning people post you are considering. :shrugs: Plus, more importantly, something can seem random but actually be following the intuition.)

I do agree with your implication that there should be plenty of time for people to vote.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

The Kanohi Mask that I pick would be the ones that would be most logical and/or would good. It would be obvious that I'll not be picking the Mask of Rahi Control do to the fact that Grag said in the Lego forum that none of the Toa Mangai had wore the Mask of Rahi Control and it would had made the battle shorter.

Kadin - I think this Kanohi would work because with the power of flight, they can get to a high place to get a better shot, find the Kanoh Dragon (don't know why you would do that, do to the it's immense size) and have a better time getting to the Dragon.

(make me think that maybe all, most or some of the Toa Mangai had something to help them fly to keep up with the Kanoh Dragon)

Mask of Conjuring - As you said Boidoh, it would be awesome but could sound useful against the Dragon. (plus you can use the Witch Doctor head piece on the other side, it some what look like the mask in the picture on BioSector)

Calix - As what it said, "move and react better"

Pakari - Well they had to move that Dragon some how (I also think another Toa of the team also head the mask as well)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Personnaly, my main concern about voting for the four Toa at the same time is that knowing what Kanohi one already has would probably change what people will vote for. If these polls were runned one by one, one after the other, results would be different I think. Just as an example, if the Kakama was chosen first, other masks improving mobility would probably have far less votes in the following polls - the Kualsi, the Kadin...

I think the poll for the Kanohi of the Toa of the Green have clearly shown people vote for a Kanohi because of the role it would give to the Toa. Then, for some roles, there are a lot of possible Kanohi, and only a few for others. Just for the example, let's say most people want a stealthy guy and a good warrior. There are a lot of possibilities of Kanohi for a good warrior, but only two for a stealthy uy: the Huna and the Volitak. It would be probable the Huna and the Volitak would have something like 50% of votes each, and so would be the winning pair, unless a warrior mask really take the lead on the other ones. And so people would end up with two Toa in a stealth role where they only wanted one.

I think running a poll by Toa, a poll at a time, would be better.

And also, who wore the Kakama should be chosen first, just so it doesn't end up defaulting to someone.

As for the poll, I haven't really made my mind yet about what Kanohi I would want the Toa of Ice to wear. There are many cool options. One thing I would really like and that would have for sure my vote would be a Toa that doesn't have a default mask but change regularly according to the situation. The Pakari is also likely to be one of my choices.

Edited by maxim21
  • Upvote 2

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

On the Kakama, I need to wait until Greg answers some questions.

I hope now I'm not accused of rushing things.

EDIT: Winners SO-FAR: Calix, Mask of Conjuring, Kaukau

Kadin and Pakari are tied for fourth.

Close runner-ups are: Mask of Rahi Control, Mask of Growth, Matatu, Sanok and Kakama, tied with 6 votes.

Then a lot are tied with 5 votes.

Edited by Boidoh

On the Kakama, I need to wait until Greg answers some questions.

I hope now I'm not accused of rushing things.

Well, the problem is that this Kakama already had an influence on this poll - just see the first answer to the starting post -, and it would have been better to ask before launching this poll. That part is rushed.

There are also issues with going to ask Greg directly instead of discussing the matter before. While I agree the question you asked Greg is a good starter point, there might be other issues to clear up about this Kakama. Like, was it the regular mask worn by a Toa Mangai, or just one he took to speed up to the sea gates and his usual mask is another one?

• Upvote 2

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

-- Greg Farshtey

I love the fact that we get to canonize all of these little details about Gen1. But nonetheless, i understand some of people's hesitation...We have nothing but time, and in reality, no deadlines. We could have polls open for a month, for each individual toa, and it would be fine. We waited for I-don't-know-how-many-years to learn about the mangai. We can reasonably wait a few months.

• Upvote 5

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

>no mask of undeath

Why?

Primarily because it's considered an immoral mask.

What's that immoral in rising from death to accomplist the last mission?

It was meant to be somewhat borderline and there would be some Toa who use it, but the intent was also that mainstream Toa teams like the Mangai wouldn't use it.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I voted for these:

Miru: I would love to see an Ice Toa with the power of levitation. Also, that mask looks awesome in white.

Pakari: I could see this Toa being more of the heavy hitter on the group, and the mask also looks great I think.

Mask of Adaptation: This could be used to adapt to the extreme heat of Ta-metru, which would be useful for a Toa of Ice.

Mask of Rahi Control: I still feel as if this is a valid option that should be reconsidered by Greg...

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I just want to point out that in the case of one of the Ko-Toa not winning the Kakama Poll, we might have a problem becase some member's votes will basically be thrown out, since Greg said that none of the Toa would have same masks.

I'm not zealously saying that we should redo the whole thing again, even though I think that would be best, however I do think the Kakama poll should have been done first and this just shows that, again, these things have been poorly organized and I preach that the polls of the future are made with more thought and less spite.

• Upvote 4

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'm not zealously saying that we should redo the whole thing again, even though I think that would be best

Let's get this out of the way for future reference -- restarting polls like this is rarely a good idea, even if minor mistakes were made in them, as many people who voted in the first might not repeat the vote in the second, either from confusing the two topics for each other or not wanting to have to do the same thing twice. We can deal with things like the Kakama thing in other ways moving forward.

Mask of Rahi Control: I still feel as if this is a valid option that should be reconsidered by Greg...

I'm seeing a lot of support for this. I think somebody should write up a concise argument to post to the LMB about this and get this settled. Maybe we should have a topic about "Kanohi Dragon versus Rahi Control" to figure it out first. If somebody wants to open that, I'm for it. :)

I'm not zealously saying that we should redo the whole thing again, even though I think that would be best

Let's get this out of the way for future reference -- restarting polls like this is rarely a good idea, even if minor mistakes were made in them, as many people who voted in the first might not repeat the vote in the second, either from confusing the two topics for each other or not wanting to have to do the same thing twice. We can deal with things like the Kakama thing in other ways moving forward.

I'm not comfortable with ignoring the fact that mistakes can be made and that non-fix "fixes" are acceptable in their place. I understand that it might confuse some people, but anybody who cares enough to vote once should care enough to vote a second time. Especially since not a lot of time has passed between now and when the polls were started; the sooner these mistakes are caught, the less confusing it will be to lock a topic (or make appropriate changes) and make a new one so voting can resume uninterrupted.

Obviously the best course of action would be to discuss these things BEFOREHAND, so as to minimize the possibility of mistakes, but should they arise, acknowledging that as opposed to sweeping it under the rug should always be the course of action.

I'm seeing a lot of support for this. I think somebody should write up a concise argument to post to the LMB about this and get this settled. Maybe we should have a topic about "Kanohi Dragon versus Rahi Control" to figure it out first. If somebody wants to open that, I'm for it. :)

Sounds good to me.
  • Upvote 4

I'm not comfortable with ignoring the fact that mistakes can be made

Not ignoring them -- rather, making sure we don't ignore the issues with just restarting the poll either, and finding better ways to deal with them. :)

I understand that it might confuse some people, but anybody who cares enough to vote once should care enough to vote a second time.

This logic doesn't really work, as a one-to-one expectation would imply that restarting it twenty times would be equally as acceptable (an unlikely scenario but it illustrates the flaw in the thinking). Surely trying people's patience means that some will justifiably drop out with even one restarting. Care isn't the only issue -- people's responsible time management is too. (Note that this would have to be done if an issue was so serious as to leave no choice, though, and probably some gray area things too. Hence "minor" -- as in solveable by some other way rather than restarting.)

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt we would be restarting twenty times; slippery slope fallacy, there.

And I'm all for finding the most efficient way of doing it without restarting, but it should still be a valid option, especially if a mistake is caught early on. Again, I'm going back to The Green Kanohi poll; people's votes were invalidated there. That should never be acceptable in trying to ascertain a community voice.

• Upvote 5

Are you still upset about that? Greg word was,and still is, that none of them wore it. The only reason it is on here now is because of how vocal you were about it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the one person who has not had a say in how the poll should be run is Greg. His voice is kind of an end-all-be-all in questions of cannon.

Perhaps in polls from now on, we bring him the options for voting FIRST, let him eliminate what is necessary, and create a poll from the results? it may lead to fewer restarts and invalidated votes.

Perhaps also plan out exactly what polls will be held so that none will contradict.

• Upvote 2

Hi.

Are you still upset about that? Greg word was,and still is, that none of them wore it. The only reason it is on here now is because of how vocal you were about it.

The only reason that Greg said we could determine the masks of the Toa Mangai was because of how vocal you were about it.

• Upvote 2
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the one person who has not had a say in how the poll should be run is Greg. His voice is kind of an end-all-be-all in questions of cannon.

Perhaps in polls from now on, we bring him the options for voting FIRST, let him eliminate what is necessary, and create a poll from the results? it may lead to fewer restarts and invalidated votes.

Perhaps also plan out exactly what polls will be held so that none will contradict.

He's rather reluctant to canonize stuff now, because of what some people did in the past few weeks. Especially something as controversial as this. 

bZpOwEr

He's rather reluctant to canonize stuff now, because of what some people did in the past few weeks. Especially something as controversial as this. 

With just a little more structure and planning, this controversy could still be the positive thing Boidoh and Greg intended it to be. I find it cool that we get to essentially mould together who the mangai were, I think it just needs to be handled a little more strategically.

The only reason that Greg said we could determine the masks of the Toa Mangai was because of how vocal you were about it.

I'm personally glad he was. The mangai canonizations honestly made me more excited than bionicle coming back. Realistically, It's probably going to be the last hurrah as far as information about gen1, and without Boidoh, it would not have happened.

• Upvote 4

Hi.

Is this supposed to be a compliment or an insult?

Does it have to be either? This isn't an intervention or a congratulatory party (okay, it might be an intervention :U); we're all fans of facts, here.

Regardless of which one I wanted to win, we're talking about how the poll is run. Since some options were taken out, that invalidates their say and prevents them from making a new choice. With all the facts (even if the MoRC wasn't a valid choice), people can have a better time voting.
  • Upvote 5

I highly doubt we would be restarting twenty times; slippery slope fallacy, there.

Incorrect, as it's being used to illustrate the fallacy of assuming there's a one-to-one equivalence between just one version and two versions, as I said... It was not stated (and clarified against it) that having two would lead to twenty.

And I'm all for finding the most efficient way of doing it without restarting, but it should still be a valid option, especially if a mistake is caught early on. Again, I'm going back to The Green Kanohi poll; people's votes were invalidated there. That should never be acceptable in trying to ascertain a community voice.

I agree, but it seems Greg was satisfied enough with the Healing option leading. At this point polling it again is too little too late. Although if somebody opens one just to see what would happen, I wouldn't close it as a dupe for this reason. Just saying, I'm not going to require a restart because Healing was legitimately far ahead, and there are other factors to why Greg should accept something. I get the sense he also recognized Healing as an especially good power. Keep in mind he could have done that all on his own, and these polls need to be taken in context of that.

Anyways, might also be worth adding to the guidelines too, that even if Greg rules something out, poll options shouldn't be removed as people can still let their voice be heard and Greg could possibly change his mind.

With just a little more structure and planning, this controversy could still be the positive thing Boidoh and Greg intended it to be. I find it cool that we get to essentially mould together who the mangai were, I think it just needs to be handled a little more strategically.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of which one I wanted to win, we're talking about how the poll is run. Since some options were taken out, that invalidates their say and prevents them from making a new choice. With all the facts (even if the MoRC wasn't a valid choice), people can have a better time voting.

That is more of a systematic issue than my fault, really. Your vote would still be invalidated anyways, wether or not the option was removed. If the option was kept it, you wouldn't be able to vote for something else.

Incorrect, as it's being used to illustrate the fallacy of assuming there's a one-to-one equivalence between just one version and two versions, as I said... It was not stated (and clarified against it) that having two would lead to twenty.

Right, I should have said "would likely care enough", not necessarily exactly. The makeup of the poll would obviously different, but just one restart is likely to get us close enough to the original without distorting the vote percentage, but enough to make sure the proper changes are made. I wouldn't ask for any more than that.

I agree, but it seems Greg was satisfied enough with the Healing option leading. At this point polling it again is too little too late. Although if somebody opens one just to see what would happen, I wouldn't close it as a dupe for this reason. Just saying, I'm not going to require a restart because Healing was legitimately far ahead, and there are other factors to why Greg should accept something. I get the sense he also recognized Healing as an especially good power. Keep in mind he could have done that all on his own, and these polls need to be taken in context of that.

For sure, I'm not against the result itself (and I like to think Greg understood enough of the debate to just roll with it anyway), but I'm still a little bummed that "too far ahead" is a legitimate enough reason to accept a result that had a strong possibility of being different (realistically it's just that one, since as far as I saw there were quite a few removed options, which sent the whole conversation into a completely different direction).

The issue is also that we're still seeing it again; first the Toa of Ice one (although that was before the general consensus of doing a "don't want to know" option, and has its own sort of statistical issues anyway, so that will probably get a pass) but now we have the Kakama poll, which explicitly SHOULD include a "don't want to know" option, not to mention should not have been run in conjunction with the Ice Kanohi poll to avoid any sort of logistical problems.

Anyways, might also be worth adding to the guidelines too, that even if Greg rules something out, poll options shouldn't be removed as people can still let their voice be heard and Greg could possibly change his mind.

I suppose this is more of an issue for the BZP tracker, but is there no "change vote" option? I thought there was at some point. I wouldn't encourage it, per se, but it would also prevent the aforementioned issues, and allow people who perhaps vote off-the-cuff to realize the validity of points people make in the topic. If it could be narrowed down to "you can change your vote only once", that'd be even neater =P.

That is more of a systematic issue than my fault, really. Your vote would still be invalidated anyways, wether or not the option was removed. If the option was kept it, you wouldn't be able to vote for something else.

An issue to itself, true (and one I acknowledged from the start) but there was still, at the time, the option of redoing the poll. It was still in its infancy, and would have solved a lot of the issues I (still) have. As bones mentioned, leaving it in could show that people want to align themselves with something even if it isn't valid, which could in turn be conveyed to Greg (who has the option himself to disregard it if need be).

There are solutions to a lot of the problems you mention, and ones people have been bringing up frequently; just because they are criticisms does not mean that they are doing it to be mean, nor does it mean they're invalid.

Edited by Dorek
  • Upvote 1

Re-doing that poll wouldn't have done anything but get us less voters on the poll. Plus those 5 or 6 people who had their votes invalidated wouldn't make much of a difference, especially since the Mask of Healing was leading by a lot. Take whichever option and +5 to them, it still wouldn't have won.

Does anyone think we should close this now (And NO, I'm not just saying this because I like to rush or whatever so don't even type that in the reply box)? It seems that this poll has gone on longer than the Toa Mangai of the Green's Kanohi Poll.

Toa Mangai of the Green's Kanohi Poll lasted from Nov. 29th to Dec. 3rd. That's four days.

This Kanohi poll begun Dec. 6th, and it's Dec. 10th. That's four days.

If anyone disagrees tell me. I'll hear you out.

Here are the results (so-far):

1st. Calix

2nd. Mask of Conjuring

3rd. Kaukau

4th. Kadin

I'm still rooting for the Rode to win something... Someone vote for the Rode...especially since I'm not doing anymore polls after this, so I want another canon wearer of the Rode now...