Most Overrated And Underrated Bands

pls respond

Overrated definitely goes to most Pop/R&B&/Rap/Anything mainstream artists. Of course, not all mainstream music is bad. I think Lady GaGa is a phenomenal artist, her music being one of her least important qualities. Underrated goes to Evanescence and Florence + The Machine. Now, Florence isn't exactly underrated. I mean, she is after all a critics favorite, but I think she's not given the attention she deserves. And Evanescence... well, that one's tricky to explain. Their music is by far more complicated, more intrinsic and detailed than the Beatles' music. I think that if they came out a few decades back, they'd be praised as heroes. They're just in the right place at the wrong time.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Whaaaa? Evanescense isn't underrated. If anything they're overrated. Bring Me To Life is played a few times a day on my rock station and their first album alone is seven-times platinum.Lol how are they even considered underrated?

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

Definitely not the same way a woman with a career spanning almost 6 decades, being the only artist in the world to have a number one album in five consecutive decades, is second only to Reba McEntire in number one albums worldwide, and whos best selling albums are second only to Elvis can be under-rated in today's culture. Yes she still has millions of fans, but the kids today really have no appreciation of amazing talent.It doesn't take brain surgury to figure out who I'm talking about.On a side note, does anyone else find it interesting that there was a lot more creativity, talent, and beauty in music back when it wasn't original songs that brought someone fame, but the specific rendition, emotion, and beauty each individual singer brought to it. Now-a-days they're all so desperate to have 'original' sounding music that they all sound the same and spend all their time accusing each other of stealing someone else's song.

69 Days to a Better Body

Days left: 45 | Days completed: 24 | Yesterday: Shoulder's & Glutes - Today's: Triceps - Tomorrow's: Biceps

Miles Completed: 123(+2 Miles) | Today's Time: 1H

8330_s.gif

Exercise time was too bloody hard to fix...forgot to track a few days...sorry.

MOCs: Sah n Dibum - Vehicles Part 1 - Mouldi Pheats - Daleks

Stories: Adventures in the LegoVerse

Interesting Stuff: Shows You're Watching

I am of the firm opinion that critics have underrated OneRepublic. However, the band still features a loyal fanbase, so they aren't completely underrated.Rap and country as genres seem underrated to me. Okay, I can understand some of the dislike for country pop, but country itself features a lot of beautiful compositions (listen to Toby Keith's "My List" for an example).I've never heard anyone mention the artist Five for Fighting as releasing some awesome songs; I only discovered he wrote "100 Years" through Pandora Internet Radio. I don't know if this marks Five for Fighting as underrated or not well-known, though.Oh, and Cryoshell needs a worldwide release of their album. They deserve some fame.As for overrated bands... that's a hard choice. I think some older bands are overrated. Also, I can't understand why people like over-produced, Auto-Tuned, overly simplistic technopop. Owl City is probably the one exception to technopop being annoying; a lot of songs by artists like Britney Spears and Justin Bieber, though, are somewhat annoying.

Edited by Legolover-361

Whaaaa? Evanescense isn't underrated. If anything they're overrated. Bring Me To Life is played a few times a day on my rock station and their first album alone is seven-times platinum.Lol how are they even considered underrated?

Justin Bieber is an artist who's been given too much attention. As mentioned, no one claims he's a musical genius, but he's overestimated. Evanescence too is appreciated by their fans and the public, but their musical genius is underestimated.

I've only ever heard one evanescence song i liked. their new one. everything else was okay at best

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

If Evanescence was musical genius everyone in music would say that. Just because you[i/] love them doesn't mean they're musical geniuses. I[i/] wouldn't even call them that. If everyone agreed they would be worshipped by Rolling Stone every week and referenced as gods. They're not. They're no different from any other rock band today. And the Biebs analogy can go either way. The fans of each say they're musical genius, but who's right?

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

Overrated:All Pop music. Justin Bieber? Katy Perry? Autotune with someone banging rocks against a tree in the background? Loud buzzing with a prepubescent teen squealing? Disgusting. Also Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, and Deadmau5. (I love them all, but they are FAR too popular. And Tiësto is far too mainstream nowadays...I don't like his newer stuff, and he's completely lost his ability to DJ from what I've heard. But his older stuff is superb.)Underrated:Not sure if that means that they're good but not popular, or popular but people don't like them even though they are good. I'll go with the former - Amoric (wonderful, not-so-incredibly-cliche rock band from Belgium, I think), Cryoshell, Durtysneakz (pretty sure this amazing guy will gain fame fast), Kaskade (he's definitely among the popular producers of today, but he's got too low a fan base for how incredibly wonderful he is), Feed Me (incredibly awesome, but not mainstream-popular at all), anyone talented on SoundCloud (and there are some VERY talented producers out there).Fire & Ice

Edited by Jeordeon

IetTsFQ.png

the band Ultraspank slipped under the radar for some reason. They were awesome, they deserved a lot more attention than they got.

This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Come to think of it, Emerson, Lake & Palmer seems a bit underrated. Even with a lot of prog-rock fans, ELP seems to receive pretty heavy doses of hate, which, if Love Beach had been their only album, would be completely understandable, but they also released Brain Salad Surgery and Tarkus, so I think they deserve at least a little bit of respect.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

you know what? i'm feeling ballsy...overrated: the beatlesyeah i said it. people always say they're the best band ever to exist, and that you have to like them or else you're a moron.you know what? sometimes i don't want to listen to the beatles, i'm not in the mood.and as a matter of fact, they've written a number of songs that I don't particularly enjoy.sure i think they're alright, but i don't LOOOOVE them like everyone seems to think people are obligated to.

This topic so far

Vs.

BBCCD, read the first two pages.About a million people said about exactly what you just said, but with capitalization.Congratulations.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I don't think any knowledgeable person would say you have to enjoy the beatles, but you have to respect them. They are one of the biggest influences on music ever.Same goes for the Beach Boys.Overrated bands have already been stated throughout here, so I'll skip that.Underrated:Barenaked Ladies. Out side of Canada, people know two, maybe three of their songs, but they have a huge catalog with a bunch of great lyrics. Their harmonies are to die for.Childish Gambino. I don't know if he's actually underrated, since he's only just had his first commercial release about three days ago, but he has a lot of music he released beforehand online for free. His flow is sick, and his lyrics are sharp. His words are honest, almost brutally so, and he's got enough appeal to make someone like me, who is not in any way a fan of rap, fall in love with his music.Jukebox the Ghost. Most people haven't heard of them, and that's sad. They are truly good pop music. You can't help but feel good when you listen to them.Newton Faulkner. Same as Jukebox the Ghost, except his guitars skills are also phenomenal.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

If Evanescence was musical genius everyone in music would say that. Just because you love them doesn't mean they're musical geniuses. wouldn't even call them that. If everyone agreed they would be worshipped by Rolling Stone every week and referenced as gods. They're not. They're no different from any other rock band today.And the Biebs analogy can go either way. The fans of each say they're musical genius, but who's right?

Nonono, I think there's a misunderstanding here.I don't think Evanescence are musical geniuses, but their musical genius, ergo, their musical creativity and mastery, is underrated.Of course, if you let Amy Lee (the band's lead vocalist, lyricist, composer, pianist and harpist [phew, that's a long title]) go solo, she'd go far.I'm a very objective person. I rarely to never let personal feelings or preferences in.There are a lot of artists and bands I like that I wouldn't even dream of nominating for a Grammy.Of course, assuming there's any real weight behind that award anymore.But I have a phenomenal artist up for underrated. You may not have heard of her, but the older generations might have.I'm talking about Björk. Yes, the Icelandic singer who hit it big in the 90's.Have you listened to her songs? If you have, I can't guarantee you'll like what you hear.But slowly, you will start to like her. As of right now, I'm feeling my way up her album Vespertine.And holy carp, the stuff on there is amazing. Edited by The Change

:kaukau:To be honest I didn't give too much respect to the Beatles and I don't feel obligated to, whether they were influential or not. That's not to say that I disrespect them, or to use a clearer word, disdain them. Still, the way they are so integrated into society through all the t-shirts and posters and their own game annoys me more so than Justin Bieber, who I know is a mere passing fad. Hannah Montana was pretty big not too long ago and now we don't have her on the radio anymore. When a band from the 60's is made into one fo the great icons of music, I feel a little askew.Now, to clarify something I said earlier, when I said that the Beatle's music was "random" I was referring to the lyrics and when I was referring to "similarities" I meant the musical style. And for the most part I find that music dull and uninspiring.Now I feel that I should clarify: this isn't necessarily an opinion I like to argue because so much of music i preference. The only time I've adamantly told someone what they should or shouldn't have listened to was when a punk (for he was a punk) played a dirty and explicit song in school. Otherwise, the only reason why I'm coming back to clarify my opinion is not to enforce it but because I hope that I can cause some clarification and understanding so that people don't think that my feelings are rude and ridiculous.By the way, if I can add another artist that I think is really underrated, I wish that more people remembered Simon and Garfunkel. Here on BZPower forums, I'm sure that most people have heard of them because for some reason it seems that everyone here is pretty well-informed (or at least that's the way I perceive it), but I'm sure that most young people have rarely ever heard of them. If I went around and asked most of the people I know from high school and college, my guess is that only 2% of the people I ask would know of them. And it's a pitty, because they were very adequate song writers.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

overrated: toolyeah i can play the same riff for 10 minutes too, but i don't because that's just too long and it gets really annoying.

This topic so far

Vs.

Overrated:All Pop music. Justin Bieber? Katy Perry?

You understand that Pop music is designed for large amounts of people to like it, right? Short for "popular", and by its nature a lot of people will like it or it wouldn't be pop. I don't view either of those artists as overrated because what you see is what you get. Bieber is a teen pop idol, just as much as Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers. I think almost everyone realizes that he has no discernable musical talent and that most of his (female) fans like him because they think he's a cute little kid, not because he's the legendary 5th Beatle hatched from an egg. Katy Perry too is a prototypical pop singer, and I'm not sure why you would single her out over Ke$ha or Lil Wayne. Her Teenage Dream album has the same number of #1 singles as Michael Jackson's Bad. Like Bieber, I've never seen anyone describe her as anything other than a pop star: not the most talented artist in the world, but they make fun catchy little songs that are fun to listen to."Popular" is not synonymous with "overrated". I think this thread is trying to figure out what bands people think are more talented and respected than they actually are. Look at some of the other bands listed as overrated: Queen, The Beatles, Metallica, and all those other bands. These are bands that are often listed as the top rock bands of the decade. I've never seen Katy Perry or Justin Bieber listed as the best artists of the decade. In terms of sales, they aren't even up there. For something to be overrated, it has to be acclaimed by a decent amount of people. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, for all its #1 singles, received something like 52% on Metacritic. Evidently, it's not viewed as anything more than a collection of catchy pop hits.Here's a better example: Nirvana's "Nevermind" scored a perfect 100 on Metacritic (I checked, doesn't have forums), which means that critics think it is a flawless act of music. However, the fan reviews averge out to about 72%. That suggests something is overrated, when critics love it more than actual listeners do. Outkast's album Stankonia earned a 95%, making it the best reviewed hip-hop album on the site, but others claim that Outkast was simply making weird music for the sake of critical acclaim. Yet I don't see a single pop artist with over 90% on Metacritic.You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but I just felt the need to say this because pop bashing on the internet is incredibly overdone. It just seems like once you get online, everyone rushes to hate any album or single that stays on the charts for a while. It may be annoying, it may be overplayed, but that is the essence of pop music. It will get played at all the dances and obviously on all the pop stations. It doesn't mean people think it is a musical masterpiece. It means that as a whole, people enjoy it. Maybe you don't and that's fine, but pop music is by no means overrated. People like it, but they rarely think it's "good".I've posted a lot in this thread about my take on the Biebs but I haven't actually posted for the topic. I'll change that:Overrated: Tyler the Creator, Eminem's recent work, Lil Wayne and everyone on the Cash Money Records roster, Metallica, Coldplay, Jay-Z, Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa, Breaking Benjamin, most country music, Oasis, Mumford and Sons, Kings of Leon, Snoop Dogg, Eazy-E, and 2Pac.Underrated: Tech N9ne, Hopsin, and Nas. I feel most rap music ends up being overrated ("Drake's new album is the best ever!") or underrated like these guys. Pretty much the more popular artists turn people away from the entire genre. Edited by Fresh Makuta of Bel-Air

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

You understand that Pop music is designed for large amounts of people to like it, right? Short for "popular", and by its nature a lot of people will like it or it wouldn't be pop. I don't view either of those artists as overrated because what you see is what you get. Bieber is a teen pop idol, just as much as Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers. I think almost everyone realizes that he has no discernable musical talent and that most of his (female) fans like him because they think he's a cute little kid, not because he's the legendary 5th Beatle hatched from an egg. Katy Perry too is a prototypical pop singer, and I'm not sure why you would single her out over Ke$ha or Lil Wayne. Her Teenage Dream album has the same number of #1 singles as Michael Jackson's Bad. Like Bieber, I've never seen anyone describe her as anything other than a pop star: not the most talented artist in the world, but they make fun catchy little songs that are fun to listen to."Popular" is not synonymous with "overrated". I think this thread is trying to figure out what bands people think are more talented and respected than they actually are. Look at some of the other bands listed as overrated: Queen, The Beatles, Metallica, and all those other bands. These are bands that are often listed as the top rock bands of the decade. I've never seen Katy Perry or Justin Bieber listed as the best artists of the decade. In terms of sales, they aren't even up there. For something to be overrated, it has to be acclaimed by a decent amount of people. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, for all its #1 singles, received something like 52% on Metacritic. Evidently, it's not viewed as anything more than a collection of catchy pop hits.Here's a better example: Nirvana's "Nevermind" scored a perfect 100 on Metacritic (I checked, doesn't have forums), which means that critics think it is a flawless act of music. However, the fan reviews averge out to about 72%. That suggests something is overrated, when critics love it more than actual listeners do. Outkast's album Stankonia earned a 95%, making it the best reviewed hip-hop album on the site, but others claim that Outkast was simply making weird music for the sake of critical acclaim. Yet I don't see a single pop artist with over 90% on Metacritic.You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but I just felt the need to say this because pop bashing on the internet is incredibly overdone. It just seems like once you get online, everyone rushes to hate any album or single that stays on the charts for a while. It may be annoying, it may be overplayed, but that is the essence of pop music. It will get played at all the dances and obviously on all the pop stations. It doesn't mean people think it is a musical masterpiece. It means that as a whole, people enjoy it. Maybe you don't and that's fine, but pop music is by no means overrated. People like it, but they rarely think it's "good".
I wasn't singling Perry out; she's just one of the many pop artists I seem to see/hear everywhere I go.And I get the concept of Pop music. But like most abbreviated things, its cultural meaning is Pop, not Popular. The reason I can't stand Pop is because it's purely commercial music. Pop artists only do what their producers tell them to do, and they only do it for money. Real music comes from the heart (sure someone is going to mention that I like Dubstep, but whatever =p), and Pop does not. Lots of Pop artists have good talent, but none of it is really put to use. I'm sure that Ke$ha has a good voice, but because Autotune is popular, her producer gets an editor to make her voice sound fake, so she makes more fame/money. It's a pretty disgusting catch-22, like a rapidly-worsening influence on modern society (referring to everyone who loves Pop).If you wanna make a #1 hit, get a teenage girl to write a poem, make a Pop singer sing it, make her voice sound robotic, get a rapper to say something in the middle of the song, and spend five minutes putting together a beat.All Pop music of today seems to be the same; a hot woman singing very silly auto-tuned lyrics, with a cliche, boring, un-catchy beat for some rhythm. And every one that makes it to the top ten gets a music video of that Pop star wearing twenty weird outfits and big sunglasses staring into the camera, with some dude bobbing his head while driving her car. Cliche, boring, and meaningless. :closedeyes:

IetTsFQ.png

You understand that Pop music is designed for large amounts of people to like it, right? Short for "popular", and by its nature a lot of people will like it or it wouldn't be pop. I don't view either of those artists as overrated because what you see is what you get. Bieber is a teen pop idol, just as much as Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers. I think almost everyone realizes that he has no discernable musical talent and that most of his (female) fans like him because they think he's a cute little kid, not because he's the legendary 5th Beatle hatched from an egg. Katy Perry too is a prototypical pop singer, and I'm not sure why you would single her out over Ke$ha or Lil Wayne. Her Teenage Dream album has the same number of #1 singles as Michael Jackson's Bad. Like Bieber, I've never seen anyone describe her as anything other than a pop star: not the most talented artist in the world, but they make fun catchy little songs that are fun to listen to."Popular" is not synonymous with "overrated". I think this thread is trying to figure out what bands people think are more talented and respected than they actually are. Look at some of the other bands listed as overrated: Queen, The Beatles, Metallica, and all those other bands. These are bands that are often listed as the top rock bands of the decade. I've never seen Katy Perry or Justin Bieber listed as the best artists of the decade. In terms of sales, they aren't even up there. For something to be overrated, it has to be acclaimed by a decent amount of people. Katy Perry's Teenage Dream, for all its #1 singles, received something like 52% on Metacritic. Evidently, it's not viewed as anything more than a collection of catchy pop hits.Here's a better example: Nirvana's "Nevermind" scored a perfect 100 on Metacritic (I checked, doesn't have forums), which means that critics think it is a flawless act of music. However, the fan reviews averge out to about 72%. That suggests something is overrated, when critics love it more than actual listeners do. Outkast's album Stankonia earned a 95%, making it the best reviewed hip-hop album on the site, but others claim that Outkast was simply making weird music for the sake of critical acclaim. Yet I don't see a single pop artist with over 90% on Metacritic.You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but I just felt the need to say this because pop bashing on the internet is incredibly overdone. It just seems like once you get online, everyone rushes to hate any album or single that stays on the charts for a while. It may be annoying, it may be overplayed, but that is the essence of pop music. It will get played at all the dances and obviously on all the pop stations. It doesn't mean people think it is a musical masterpiece. It means that as a whole, people enjoy it. Maybe you don't and that's fine, but pop music is by no means overrated. People like it, but they rarely think it's "good".
I wasn't singling Perry out; she's just one of the many pop artists I seem to see/hear everywhere I go.And I get the concept of Pop music. But like most abbreviated things, its cultural meaning is Pop, not Popular. The reason I can't stand Pop is because it's purely commercial music. Pop artists only do what their producers tell them to do, and they only do it for money. Real music comes from the heart (sure someone is going to mention that I like Dubstep, but whatever =p), and Pop does not. Lots of Pop artists have good talent, but none of it is really put to use. I'm sure that Ke$ha has a good voice, but because Autotune is popular, her producer gets an editor to make her voice sound fake, so she makes more fame/money. It's a pretty disgusting catch-22, like a rapidly-worsening influence on modern society (referring to everyone who loves Pop).If you wanna make a #1 hit, get a teenage girl to write a poem, make a Pop singer sing it, make her voice sound robotic, get a rapper to say something in the middle of the song, and spend five minutes putting together a beat.All Pop music of today seems to be the same; a hot woman singing very silly auto-tuned lyrics, with a cliche, boring, un-catchy beat for some rhythm. And every one that makes it to the top ten gets a music video of that Pop star wearing twenty weird outfits and big sunglasses staring into the camera, with some dude bobbing his head while driving her car. Cliche, boring, and meaningless. :closedeyes:
That's an apt description of pop music and I agree completely (except the beat is designed to be catchy. Not just subjectively, I've heard of producers actually testing a beat on people in studies to see if it appeals to them psychologically. That's why California Gurls sounds like Tik Tok.) but I still don't think that constitutes it as overrated. It is commercial music designed to make money, and to me that makes it the McDonalds of music genres. People will eat there regardless of it being bad for them, but they'll never claim it's choice sirloin they're being served.Another example of pop music being catchy is Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama. The guy used the exact same tune from Lynard Skynard a few years later and still soared up the charts. Some tunes are just catchy. Edited by Fresh Makuta of Bel-Air

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

BBCCD, read the first two pages.About a million people said about exactly what you just said, but with capitalization.Congratulations.

this post made my daypop music sells albums but it'll never win awards. people (and by people i mean teenagers) like katy perry because she sings about love and other such garbage that they can relate to, and she sings it to a catchy beat. it's all flash. no substance. is that overrated? or is it just appealing to peoples more shallow sides?

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

this post made my daypop music sells albums but it'll never win awards. people (and by people i mean teenagers) like katy perry because she sings about love and other such garbage that they can relate to, and she sings it to a catchy beat. it's all flash. no substance. is that overrated? or is it just appealing to peoples more shallow sides?
Well put. Pop music gives the people what they want. It's shallow and commercial, but by no means overrated.

saw somebody mention wiz a little while ago. he's like pop music, just custom tailored to teenager's fantasies. mac miller is actually good. tech n9ne isn't really underrated, but he doesn't get the hype that he should. nobody really slanders him. he just doesn't put out the big budget singles like wiz or eminem.

What I think is an interesting fact is the fact that a study shows that when women listen to music, they look for the atmosphere. Ergo, what you'll find on their iPod is probably more heartfelt and authentic to their feelings. As for men, when they listen to music, they look for the technicalities. And I can attest to that. I'm a guy, but when I listen to music, I go for the mood. What is the message? What does it make me feel? However, most of my guy friends they single out the drum rhythm, or the guitar and et cetera. It's kinda funny actually. They're drumming along while I'm reaching out to what it makes me feel and how it affects me. Does anyone agree with this study?

I'm a guy and I'm always aiming for the mood as well. I don't really care about all of the technical stuff that goes into a song. ^_^

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, the thing about me, mate, is that I'm a wordy git. Sure, I could make a point with one word, but fifty's more my style.On the debate regarding "meaningful" music versus fun music, I like a bit of both. Sure, music that's talking about really important things is cool and all, but if you don't like the idea of combining funk with a string trio just for giggles, I don't know what to tell you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Has anyone heard the song Oh No! by Marina & The Diamonds? The song is totally fun and insanely addictive, as is the music video (I dare you to check the song out and disagree), but the lyrics are immensely heavy. Don't do love, don't do friends I'm only after success Don't need a relationship I'll never soften my grip I'm sure the most ambitious and cold of us will love those lyrics. But really, go listen to it.

Funny thing about internet forums. They're places for communication - written communication, specifically.

and if the message gets across in a grammatically coherent way, then it's mission accomplished. hate to say it, but we're not getting graded here. if i'm too lazy to hit shift then it's not a bit deal. several people all across the internet do it, and if you have a problem with people who don't use capitalization then maybe the internet isn't the right place for you. after all, if lack of capitalization is what you're whining about, you haven't even seen the worst of what people on the internet can do to the english language. besides, it just makes you sound like an annoying grammar nazi. you don't see me complaining about how you didn't use a semicolon where you were supposed to in your most recent post, do you? no, because i'm not obnoxious.
This topic so far

Vs.

What I think is an interesting fact is the fact that a study shows that when women listen to music, they look for the atmosphere. Ergo, what you'll find on their iPod is probably more heartfelt and authentic to their feelings. As for men, when they listen to music, they look for the technicalities. And I can attest to that. I'm a guy, but when I listen to music, I go for the mood. What is the message? What does it make me feel? However, most of my guy friends they single out the drum rhythm, or the guitar and et cetera. It's kinda funny actually. They're drumming along while I'm reaching out to what it makes me feel and how it affects me. Does anyone agree with this study?

Well, music is my life. (Sure you've heard that before, but this time it's serious.) I'm into music more than anything.As a guy, when I listen to a track, I can delve deeper into its meaning/feeling/message/tone/emotion into anything else.But I also study it as much as I can. What I see in any given song is the obscenely precise riffs, effects, flaws, changes to a sound as a song progresses, how two different riffs flow, mild changes in tempo, etc., etc.Although the vast majority of my music is Electronic, so it is more understandable to interpret the specifics; furthermore, I've put tons of time into studying my type of music, not just bands/artists like most people. :P Fire & Ice

IetTsFQ.png

Funny thing about internet forums. They're places for communication - written communication, specifically.

and if the message gets across in a grammatically coherent way, then it's mission accomplished. hate to say it, but we're not getting graded here. if i'm too lazy to hit shift then it's not a bit deal. several people all across the internet do it, and if you have a problem with people who don't use capitalization then maybe the internet isn't the right place for you. after all, if lack of capitalization is what you're whining about, you haven't even seen the worst of what people on the internet can do to the english language. besides, it just makes you sound like an annoying grammar nazi. you don't see me complaining about how you didn't use a semicolon where you were supposed to in your most recent post, do you? no, because i'm not obnoxious.
ladies, ladies, you're both pretty. and probably both have better things to do than talk about. BB, i think he was just pointing out how everybody just beat you to the punch in the original post. the capital comment was snarky but it made him feel special, and that's all that matters.

Lets see...Overrated:Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em. But to me, a prog musician, they come off as being rather bland.Linkin Park. I'm sorry, but no. They're not that good. Casting Crowns. For the amount that they get played on Christian radio stations, they really kinda suck.Underrated:I'm gonna agree with EK up there and say Simon and GarfunkelJethro Tull. One of the first rock musicians to successfully use flute in a rock environment. Seriously, go listen to Aqualung and Locomotive Breath.Jack Johnson. Very chill, and very underplayed.Yes. A lot of people know "Owner of a Lonely Heart", or "Roundabout". But when they've got songs like "Heart of the Sunrise" and "South Side of the Sky" that are never getting air time, something is wrong.That's all I've got off the top of my head.

jlovfkk.jpg

Overrated:

Casting Crowns. For the amount that they get played on Christian radio stations, they really kinda suck.

THANKYOUI've never liked their style or their songwriting.Also, LMFAO (am I even allowed to say that name?) They're beats can be... okay, but they can't sing and they bring on the dumbest guests (lil jon can't make music.and... most pop dance artists. You know the ones, Spears, Ke$ha, Gaga... The list goes on, but I've never respected any of their music because its so... bland.And most christian (and non christian, I suppose) hard rock bands. RED, 3 Doors Down, Skillet, Three Days Grace etc etc etc... Chalk it up to personal preference, but I've never seen anything really creative come out of this genre.Underrated:SLUGABED. Not for everyone, sure, but I can't not love his music. It makes me feel so happy...Also, Starkey, Skream, Gemmy, Ital Tek, Kuedo, and Nosaj Thing in that same category as well.Oh Sleeper is one of my favorite technical metal bands, and I could listen to The Chariot's mathcore ALL DAY... all day!Emo hardcore bands like La Dispute, mewithoutYou, Sainthood Reps and Pianos Become The Teeth... The songwriter side of me likes the raw emotion Emo hardcore can give, especially indie emo hardcore like this... not the stupid pop emo that was around for a while, that's painfully disgusting.

Linkin Park. I'm sorry, but no. They're not that good.

If anything, it feels like they're being underappreciated to me. :|Sure, their music isn't for everyone, but they're really good, imho.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

wilco is overrated, so are the beatle

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7ExoM7

pc_rancorous.gif GO READ RETIREMENT BY KABOOKIE, ZONIS, KORTU, ME, DREIKEN, EMKAY, CABOOSE AND BOSTWIK. CLICK HERE. pc_rancorous.gif