EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

ASK ME ANYTHING!!

gallery_96949_250_149226.jpg

PREMISE

A small group of Matoran survived the isolation of a terrorist attack one year ago. After fighting their way out of the trap, they battled those who wished to see them dead and achieved extraction. Several of the survivors launched a rebellion - an uprising - against the White Council, who lead the city of Metru-Nui. They have been at war for nearly a year... but now they find themselves vanishing, one by one. Hunted down by a mysterious figure known as the "Shadow"... it is extermination.

CHAPTERS

Prologue - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - Epilogue

Files: Voltex - Burnmad - Portalfig

Other: Deleted Scene

Bonus: True Survivor

THE MAIN CAST

Returning Members

Luroka - Ehks - JiMing - Portalfig - Shadowhawk - Zakaro - Pulse - Chro - Blade - Kayn - TBK - Voxumo - Voltex - Unit - Taka Nuvia - Burnmad - Xaeraz - RG -

Fishers/Agent 64 - Vinylstep - Valendale - Fighty -

Brand New Members

Quisoves - Underscore - Shadow Ignited - ToaD - Cyrix - Chambliss - Smoke Monster - Tekulo - Aiwendil - Rider of Kikinalo - Letagi - JMJ - Pohatu - Ghidora - Aeron - The Shadow -

OPTIONAL READING

Extermination is officially the  third (and final) main installment of the Uprising trilogy - however, it has also been designed as a standalone story. As such, reading the below material is entirely optional; the prologue to Extermination covers the major events that have already taken place.

Prelude - Book 1: Isolation - All Hail the King - Book 2: Extraction - Doubt (by Taka Nuvia) - Operation Rainfall (by Portalfig) - Imprecision (by fishers64)

And check out the comedy parody by Ghidora!

Textermination: Lives at Steak

So... share your thoughts below! Who are your guesses for the other seven narrators? Who shall be the first to die?

E: As of Chapter 1, four out of eight narrators are revealed! Who could the last four be?

Edited by Stark
  • Upvote 7

That was a great first chapter! You did a great job explaining the backstory and setting us up for whats to come. I can't wait to see what happens next! :)

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed. The prologue was the toughest bit so far, since I had to balance between "shovel all the key information" and "make it interesting".

Man. You told me Lhik was dead but.

I still got chills when you offed him like that.

Let's do this. The final battle begins now. Can't wait for the next chapter.

RIP Lhikevikk 2014

Now I'm sad that I have to wait a week

Then wait two weeks after that for an update.

Chapter 1 will leave you on the edge of your seat

Sort of

Yay! Best early Christmas present ever!

Let the battle begin...

Glad you liked it!

Nice way to go about the prologue. The recording for posterity made sense and kept everything short and to the point. I may have to read through it again because it is a lot of info and a lot of characters died (foreshadowing? =P), but this story had a very promising start (which is good because I haven't read any of the other stories. XP)

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

"Like that" as in "Lhik was here but he got stabbed by a robot"?

I wonder who will be the other narrators. Also, I hope I'm a sociopathic nutcase in these books :P

We've already got several of those.

• Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Very nice recap. Now to answer the questions...

The first to die will be an Agent. I think you'll start with the expendability level of a trash bag and work your way up.

I am definitely a narrator for two reasons: one, I am but a meek Assistant and thus provide a more detached view than any other prospective narrators; and two, I will still be a meek Assistant when all y'all are corpses.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

The first to die will be an Agent. I think you'll start with the expendability level of a trash bag and work your way up.

I am definitely a narrator for two reasons: one, I am but a meek Assistant and thus provide a more detached view than any other prospective narrators; and two, I will still be a meek Assistant when all y'all are corpses.

Dude, you'll be dead faster than you can finish your sente

• Upvote 6

but their spirits

Nice way to go about the prologue. The recording for posterity made sense and kept everything short and to the point. I may have to read through it again because it is a lot of info and a lot of characters died (foreshadowing? =P), but this story had a very promising start (which is good because I haven't read any of the other stories. XP)

All of the characters mentioned to have died since the war began are characters who survived the previous installment, but did not sign up for this one, and were thus killed off. Some of it could be considered foreshadowing, I guess? But not really.

I wonder who will be the other narrators. Also, I hope I'm a sociopathic nutcase in these books :P

We have soooo many of those already. I think your character is one of the calmer ones. More sane.

"Like that" as in "Lhik was here but he got stabbed by a robot"?

We've already got several of those.

In my original plans, Lhikevikk was the only character that was 100% guaranteed to survive until the very end; however, when Lhikevikk did not sign up for Extermination, that changed, and that "guaranteed survival" thing was handed to a different character (one of the narrators who has not been revealed yet). Lhikevikk's death is one of the more important off-screen deaths, though.

*raises hand*

I know too many things and am Voltex's personal enemy. My days are numbered. 

Actually, you're not really Voltex's personal enemy... if you're anyone's personal enemy, it'd be either Canis (whom your character has already killed) or Vinylstep. I actually went through with each narrator and assigned them a specific villain that they would have a more personal connection and/or conflict with. :P

I'm a bad guy who's new to the final installment. I can't die! I'm basically immortal! haha jk

Anyways, I am super excited for this, and to finally get in on all of this Mafia jazz the kids have been talking about.

Mafia iz so cool 

I enjoy your theory regarding how the deaths shall begin... I don't think anyone has actually analyzed (or tried to predict) why I'll kill characters instead of just predicting who will die.

Dude, you'll be dead faster than you can finish your sente

Goodbye Chro

I will survive m8

I swear on me mu

Goodbye Chambliss

• Upvote 2

I've become accustomed to swift and typically average deaths; please shake it up a bit

Cannot tell if sarcastic or not

How I managed to miss out on the launch of this, I have no idea. Anyway, nice prologue, I guess based on that I'd be able to follow the story even if I hadn't read the previous books and short stories. :)

That's the idea! And it seems to have worked, which is very good.

---

ALSO EVERYONE, GO READ Bionicle Mafia: Imprecision BY FISHERS64. It starts everyone's favorite bounty hunter (Agent 64) in what is a bit of an origin story that might shed some valuable light on the character for you all.

I've become accustomed to swift and typically average deaths; please shake it up a bit

Partial sarcasm; there have been some interesting ones interspersed, but for the most part I've gotten a bunch of non-role quick-death games (which is another reason why Bionifight was nice)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Partial sarcasm; there have been some interesting ones interspersed, but for the most part I've gotten a bunch of non-role quick-death games (which is another reason why Bionifight was nice)

If every single death is super amazing and bad*** though then I'd have to be constantly topping myself, which would eventually start to suck for both me and you (the readers). There are definitely some throwaway deaths in Extermination (some of them purposefully done so for emotional impact, some because again not every death can be totally awesome), but there are also some really good deaths. Several of my favorite death scenes in the trilogy take place during Extermination; one of them fairly early on. ;)

Oh hey I made it.

*Pops cork off Champagne*

WEEEEE!!!

Yes. I wasn't quite sure how to portray a character called "The Rider of Kikinalo", but I think the approach I took should be satisfying.

Not much to critique on an infodump chapter, tbh. good job setting the stage and handling some loose ends, though.

I just hope I get a better death than a one line throwaway this time :P

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Not much to critique on an infodump chapter, tbh. good job setting the stage and handling some loose ends, though.

I just hope I get a better death than a one line throwaway this time :P

Assuming that I kill you off at all, that is. I wouldn't say your death was quite a throwaway line, though; maybe a throwaway paragraph. =P

CHAPTER ONE HAS BEEN RELEASED!!

In this chapter we have Portalfig, JiMing, and Burnmad all revealed as narrators - leaving us with just four more to determine! This chapter also features the return of Agent 64, one of the more interesting characters of the series. Is she a hero? Is she a villain? Nobody really seems to know. We'll get more into her later...

For now, I'll leave you waiting a few weeks for Chapter 2, where the main villain (The Shadow) shall make their first appearance! I'll see about giving you guys some content within the next few weeks so that you have something to entertain yourselves with.

Everyone's favorite bounty hunter. :P That's an upgrade I wasn't planning on - previously I was a lame self-aggrandizing bounty hunter. :P

Trying to murder Portalfig is probably one of my better introductions, though.

As for the White Council, Voltex is the charismatic guy at the center of this whole thing, even through he doesn't want to be. So the White Council want to keep him alive as an example for public humiliation. If they get another rebellion, they can drag him out and say that's what happens to rebels.  And they might get personal amusement by dragging his dignity through the dust - some people are, in fact, sick enough, to do that. 

Hey, a major part in a sweet action sequence in the first chapter, and I survived it too - I sure wan't expecting that! Great work so far. To be honest I was a little hesitant about reading this when I realized how much violence there would be, but I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

-Letagi

If there are 36 at just one building, I wonder how many Dreads there are in total.

In any case, this was a nice chapter with a fun little scene at the Regolith, and the first on-screen blood spilling, which did not happen to include me.

Chapter Survival Progress: 1/6

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Everyone's favorite bounty hunter. :P That's an upgrade I wasn't planning on - previously I was a lame self-aggrandizing bounty hunter. :P

Trying to murder Portalfig is probably one of my better introductions, though.

As for the White Council, Voltex is the charismatic guy at the center of this whole thing, even through he doesn't want to be. So the White Council want to keep him alive as an example for public humiliation. If they get another rebellion, they can drag him out and say that's what happens to rebels.  And they might get personal amusement by dragging his dignity through the dust - some people are, in fact, sick enough, to do that. 

I still think your introduction in Extraction tops this one (since it showed your character in a more in-depth fashion and held some foreshadowing), but yeah, nearly killing a main character and then shooting down a helicopter isn't too shabby either. :P

Gripping so far. Can't wait two weeks though...

I'm actually about halfway through a little piece that will probably be posted next week.

Hey, a major part in a sweet action sequence in the first chapter, and I survived it too - I sure wan't expecting that! Great work so far. To be honest I was a little hesitant about reading this when I realized how much violence there would be, but I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

-Letagi

If you're not one for violence I think you'll still enjoy this epic. You might not like some of the more dramatic moments (since a lot of them take place during battles), but most chapters don't have a really big fight.

If there are 36 at just one building, I wonder how many Dreads there are in total.

In any case, this was a nice chapter with a fun little scene at the Regolith, and the first on-screen blood spilling, which did not happen to include me.

Chapter Survival Progress: 1/6

I imagine there are probably something close to 500 Dread units in Metru-Nui total at a minimum. 

I really liked this chapter too. I read it a couple of hours ago and just wow. Really feels like we are coming to a close, and it kinda makes me sad. 

Being punched in the face was a pretty good intro, too. As was all my flinging myself around all spiderman like. That was pretty awesome.

I'm really looking forward to more, and seeing what else we have thrown at us!

I really liked this chapter too. I read it a couple of hours ago and just wow. Really feels like we are coming to a close, and it kinda makes me sad. 

Being punched in the face was a pretty good intro, too. As was all my flinging myself around all spiderman like. That was pretty awesome.

This is definitely the best intro your character has gotten. In Isolation he's just sort of sitting there, and in Extraction he's introduced in a list of names. In this one he at least gets to do some cool stuff from the get-go. :P

White One, Voltex, epic fight scenes, other stuff!

What more could you want in the first chapter?

Well, having Xaeraz or Sumiki around would be pretty swell. But they're both dead (?)

Please. I literally rebuilt myself with no ribs and SIX BROKEN LIMBS. Do you think getting shot in the face is gonna stop me?

Glad pritilgof finally got to actually do things this time, though.

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

This is definitely the best intro your character has gotten. In Isolation he's just sort of sitting there, and in Extraction he's introduced in a list of names. In this one he at least gets to do some cool stuff from the get-go. :P

White One, Voltex, epic fight scenes, other stuff!

What more could you want in the first chapter?

Well, having Xaeraz or Sumiki around would be pretty swell. But they're both dead (?)

You know who else is dead?

White Thirteen

;)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Please. I literally rebuilt myself with no ribs and SIX BROKEN LIMBS. Do you think getting shot in the face is gonna stop me?

Getting shot in the face might not stop you, but it has certainly held you in place for close to a year in-story.

You know who else is dead?

White Thirteen

;)

Actually White Thirteen is very much alive

Ehks on the other hand... not so much

I'm also happy for fritoplag. Xaeraz confirmed frankenstein.

All the Frankenstein, all the time.

I am still nowhere to be seen. Suspicious...

Also, I am unaware what Partofig did, but hoorah, I guess.

He was introduced into the story via action scene. As for your character, worry not - I took a bit of a more relaxed approach to introductions this time around, so it's more of a trickle; your character will show up within the next few chapters, I guarantee you.

• Upvote 2

That was one action-packed chapter. :)

I'm happy they got Voltex out of the White Council's prison. Though with said Council allowing him to be freed, I wonder what mental condition he is in and if he could be threat to the rebellion now, like the previous leader that was mentioned. 

I can't wait to see what happens next!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That was one action-packed chapter. :)

I'm happy they got Voltex out of the White Council's prison. Though with said Council allowing him to be freed, I wonder what mental condition he is in and if he could be threat to the rebellion now, like the previous leader that was mentioned. 

I can't wait to see what happens next!

White Council used "Arrange Freedom!"

It was super effective!

Rebellion took the bait!

Rebellion fainted!

• Upvote 7

I'm alive simply by the merit of having not showed up yet, and I think I'm okay with that. but dang like the first chapter and already a bunch of people have died I'm scared

Interested to see how Voltex's conditioning is gonna affect him though, and whether or not he'll be fully in control now that the White Council has messed with him.

[Cyrix]