EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

Considering it's sponsoring EXTERMINATION~

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16811-textermination-lives-at-steak/

Yes

I have linked to it in the first post of this topic as well

Shadow's lines are obviously based off of Lockdown's from Age of Extinction, and the rust cannon reminds me of that of DOTM Sentinel Prime.

As far as the rust cannon goes, that's something I've been wanting to include for awhile. Mine functions differently from the one you're noting here. As far as the Shadow - some of the lines are, yes. That's where the similarities end, however. The Shadow is far different from Lockdown.

Shadow's lines are obviously based off of Lockdown's from Age of Extinction, and the rust cannon reminds me of that of DOTM Sentinel Prime.

As far as the rust cannon goes, that's something I've been wanting to include for awhile. Mine functions differently from the one you're noting here. As far as the Shadow - some of the lines are, yes. That's where the similarities end, however. The Shadow is far different from Lockdown.

Autobots, Decepticons, like little children: always fighting, making a mess out of the universe. Then I've got to clean it up.

and

Every galaxy I have traveled, all you species are the same. You all think you're the center of the universe. You have no idea...

Edited by Gukko Lord

Autobots, Decepticons, like little children: always fighting, making a mess out of the universe. Then I've got to clean it up.

and

Every galaxy I have traveled, all you species are the same. You all think you're the center of the universe. You have no idea...

I'm not entirely certain why you're quoting the movie here. I have already agreed that the lines are similar - and they are similar because there is a purpose to it. Nothing the Shadow says is without a reason. Every word that they speak is of the utmost importance.

I'm not entirely certain why you're quoting the movie here. I have already agreed that the lines are similar - and they are similar because there is a purpose to it. Nothing the Shadow says is without a reason. Every word that they speak is of the utmost importance.

...now I'm just more hyped for an A64 vs. Shadow fight. That'd be really interesting.

...now I'm just more hyped for an A64 vs. Shadow fight. That'd be really interesting.

It may or may not be happening.

(I may or may not be about to write that very scene)

It may or may not be happening.

(I may or may not be about to write that very scene)

You really want me to explode from hype, don't you?

whoa burnmad?? what the whaaaaaaat

also i get mentioned nice

Agent 64 is shaping up to be my favorite character, simply because her motives seem so unclear (and possibly contradictory) that I really want to see what angle she's playing here. Basically on the edge of my seat

[Cyrix]

You really want me to explode from hype, don't you?

The only bad thing with readers exploding from hype is that they are unable to read anymore

Otherwise yes absolutely

This has to go into the Quote Hall of Fame.

First we must find wherever it is located

whoa burnmad?? what the whaaaaaaat

also i get mentioned nice

Agent 64 is shaping up to be my favorite character, simply because her motives seem so unclear (and possibly contradictory) that I really want to see what angle she's playing here. Basically on the edge of my seat

Agent 64 is definitely a popular one. She and Xaeraz tend to lead the pack in terms of popularity.

I've just realized that Burn's death is particularly important since he is dead. Dead. Actually dead.

And his head is gone so no revives either.

...Is being headless supposed to kill you?

Huh.

I must have missed the memo.

(Burnie's death was something of a sucker punch though fwiw)

• Upvote 5

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

I've just realized that Burn's death is particularly important since he is dead. Dead. Actually dead.

And his head is gone so no revives either.

...Is being headless supposed to kill you?

Huh.

I must have missed the memo.

(Burnie's death was something of a sucker punch though fwiw)

Only if nobody's made a backup or you haven't been revived before. The White Council has access to the Red Star, I imagine they've made a backup of everyone with any importance.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Strange Festive Unit

So, if they've backed up people with importance, and Burn's worked for the White Council at one point, why would being headless stop his revival? Unless I'm reading that wrong. =P

It would stop him being revived in a manner favorable to people who aren't the WC.

~Unit#phntk#1

As to the whole revival discussion: Burnmad is dead. Absolutely, postively, 100% guaranteed dead. He's the most dead character in the series right now.

There should totally be a Mafia/Sumiki's Dad crossover. Totally.

I'm not entirely certain how that would work since this is a dark, violent story and the Sumiki's Dad series is light, comedic and nonsensical, but I guess if it would work then it would really work.

• Upvote 2

Confirmed: Extermination ends with Sumiki's dad showing up and everyone realizing that have been fighting for the wrong reasons. After all, there are no lawn flamingos in this world. And so they make peace, and Portalfig becomes HIGH SURPREME RULER OF ALL

that is

if he isn't dead by that point

;-;

• Upvote 6

Confirmed: Extermination ends with Sumiki's dad showing up and everyone realizing that have been fighting for the wrong reasons. After all, there are no lawn flamingos in this world. And so they make peace, and Portalfig becomes HIGH SURPREME RULER OF ALL

that is

if he isn't dead by that point

;-;

One thing I know for certain is that a crossover between the two would probably have to be a non-canon "what if?" sort of scenario, at least as far as Extermination is concerned. Or an alternate universe where the events of the series branch away from the main story as soon as Team Farm Animals becomes involved.

Sumiki's Mafia would be really weird, partially because something like half of Team Farm Animals also appears in this series. Sumiki, Valendale, myself, Portalfig if he counts.

Also, implicitly, Sumiki's Dad. Assuming matoran have dads.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Sumiki's Mafia would be really weird, partially because something like half of Team Farm Animals also appears in this series. Sumiki, Valendale, myself, Portalfig if he counts.

Also, implicitly, Sumiki's Dad. Assuming matoran have dads.

I'm currently imagining a Bionicle version of Sumiki's Dad having some sort of role in Extermination. It's both wonderful and horrifying. 

It would definitely be weird to have two versions of several characters - especially since you, Portalfig, and Sumiki all play such large roles in this series that leaving your Uprising characters out of a crossover wouldn't make sense... unless the crossover was a quest to save your Uprising characters?

It's never too late to add Sumiki's Dad into this grimdark universe, you know? Just so long as he survives to the end. And with Sumiki's persimmon.

Permission. I meant permission.

• Upvote 5

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

It's never too late to add Sumiki's Dad into this grimdark universe, you know? Just so long as he survives to the end. And with Sumiki's persimmon.

Permission. I meant permission.

I would honestly love to add Sumiki's Dad to this universe, but I feel like it would have to be more along the lines of other characters mentioning him and his adventures rather than an actual physical appearance - I don't feel like I would be able to do him justice otherwise.

Granted, he would make for an excellent source of comic relief.

• Upvote 7

Right Unit, that's exactly what I was thinking. :)

As to the whole revival discussion: Burnmad is dead. Absolutely, postively, 100% guaranteed dead. He's the most dead character in the series right now.

Dead doesn't mean he can't be revived, but I'll go out on a limb here and assume you mean permanently deceased. ;)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Right Unit, that's exactly what I was thinking. :)

Dead doesn't mean he can't be revived, but I'll go out on a limb here and assume you mean permanently deceased. ;)

Heck no he's not reviving

That would totally ruin the impact

Burnmad is dead forever

Along with                  and              too ;__;

gallery_96949_250_26927.jpg

(click the banner!)

Chapter 3 is another big one - two new narrators are revealed (at last!), leaving us with just two narrators still unknown... and we come face to face with Control (and several of their agents).

We also face a betrayal... and another beloved character's demise.

Voltex wasn't killed, so he was brought back stronger! :P

Seriously though, this was another great chapter. I really like the action scenes and the story continued to flow at the good place. I can't wait for The Shadow to reappear though. :)

Also, R.I.P. Pulse. (I would include JIMing here too, but I don't think that he is dead yet.)

Edited by I Am A Walrus

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Voltex wasn't killed, so he was brought back stronger! :P

Seriously though, this was another great chapter. I really like the action scenes and the story continued to flow at the good place. I can't wait for The Shadow to reappear though. :)

Also, R.I.P. Pulse. (I would include JIMing here too, but I don't think that he is dead yet.)

Whaaaat

You don't think I would kill two narrators in as many chapters?

For shame :(

Aw. "Hi Pulse... bye Pulse". That was kinda saddening. I too refuse to accept JiMing as dead, even though it would be plausible. :|

Also, what. Narrator. That's cool.

And then it turns out JiMing is dead and Pulse is alive :P

Since the first 6 narrators were... more easier to guess, the last 2 will be the harder to guess ones you mentioned earlier, yes?

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Aw. "Hi Pulse... bye Pulse". That was kinda saddening. I too refuse to accept JiMing as dead, even though it would be plausible. :|

Fun Fact: in Book 2, you had the most appearances out of any non-narrator character. In fact, you actually appeared more than Xaeraz and Agent 64 did. So it was natural for your character to become a narrator, especially when Pulse (who had the second highest number of appearances in Book 2 for a non-narrator and was a narrator in Book 1) was being killed off so early.

Poor Pulse.

And then it turns out JiMing is dead and Pulse is alive :P

Since the first 6 narrators were... more easier to guess, the last 2 will be the harder to guess ones you mentioned earlier, yes?

Yes

The last two are absolutely the hard ones

Absolutely

Yes

Definitely

That RvB reference... I saw it.

I'm not seeing any references in the chapter??

The suspense is killing me! Everything narrowing down so much... So little actual people left alive... And still haven't appeared yet...

Voltex, you've really kept me on the edge of my seat so far.  XD

You appear next chapter.

Also there are actually many characters still alive - out of 40 "main" characters, only 2 are dead.

• Upvote 1