EXTERMINATION: Review

Voltex

gallery_96949_250_96373.jpg

The Triplets report to White Thirteen, Portalfig passes a test, Shadow Ignited meets a Makuta... and Voltex finds some old friends.

All of our narrators are now (finally) revealed!

---

Releasing a little earlier this week due in part because of an agreement with Luroka and because I'll be away for most of tomorrow and don't want to keep you all waiting. :)

I was never a fan of the Red Star's ability to revive people who died, so I'm glad someone is planning to destroy it in this story. :P

Joking aside, I am glad that not everyone has been revived since dying in this story. That was one of my unspoken concerns with the Red Star reveal in Chapter four. I really don't like it when characters are killed off and then brought back without having a very good reason to be brought back. But you dodged that bullet here IMO, with people dying for good if they die in the Red Star. The Rust Weapon permanently killing someone without him going to the Red Star was good move too, since it makes it an even deadlier weapon. 

I can't wait to see where we go from here. :)

Edited by The Master Sword

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This is getting very interesting indeed.

Very, very interesting.

white thirteen is second best white councilman after white seven

But of course

I'm also rather fond of White Eight and White Nine, although to lesser extents; and White One is a real gem.

I wonder how Chambliss got his job.

think that might be explained later on? I'm not entirely certain whether it was cut or not.

I was never a fan of the Red Star's ability to revive people who died, so I'm glad someone is planning to destroy it in this story. :P

Joking aside, I am glad that not everyone has been revived since dying in this story. That was one of my unspoken concerns with the Red Star reveal in Chapter four. I really don't like it when characters are killed off and when brought back without having a very good reason to be brought back. But you dodged that bullet here IMO, with people dying for good if they die in the Red Star. The Rust Weapon permanently killing someone without him going to the Red Star was good move too, since it makes it an even deadlier weapon. 

I can't wait to see where we go from here. :)

With this technically being a sequel (the third in a trilogy, really, even though it's also standalone), I knew that the Red Star was the easiest way to allow members whose characters had died to re-join the cast. That said, I also dislike the idea of everyone reviving, so the destruction of the Red Star became a mandatory inclusion for Book 3, and the rust cannon was added in as a weapon that could feasibly erase someone from existence so permanently that not even the Red Star can revive them.

• Upvote 1

So, basically, the Red Star is the recycle bin, and the Rust Cannon is

1. Terrifying
  2. Xaeraz's biggest weakness and
  3. Like playing Lose/Lose with someone's life

In any event, the Red Star plot should be interesting, especially considering it's a Closed Circle scenario. Now I just need to admit to wishing I had more screentime down on the islands =p

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

So, basically, the Red Star is the recycle bin, and the Rust Cannon is

1. Terrifying
  2. Xaeraz's biggest weakness and
  3. Like playing Lose/Lose with someone's life

In any event, the Red Star plot should be interesting, especially considering it's a Closed Circle scenario. Now I just need to admit to wishing I had more screentime down on the islands =p

Xaeraz is given a few moments to shine in this epic, although I reckon that ToaD gives him a run for his money.

I can't wait for the Voltex vs White Thirteen showdown...

Narrator... I wonder what my part will be?

Honestly, the way things worked out, none of the new characters are really suited to being narrators; your character is one of the very few where it made any sense at all.

I can't wait for the part where I shatter a White Councilman's mask with my bare fist

oh, wait

*Snaps fingers*

Sorry Burnmad

It had to be done

Well, the inevitable has occurred... TEXTERMINATION is updated! Check it out!

gogogo

They'd better destroy the RS the way I think they'll destroy the RS and you know exactly what I mean

I don't know exactly what you mean

What do you mean?

I'm going to take a guess here and say that it would be similar to how the Death Star was destroyed, AKA epic explosion. :P

pc0lX6T.png

They'd better destroy the RS the way I think they'll destroy the RS and you know exactly what I mean

What do you mean?

I'm going to take a guess here and say that it would be similar to how the Death Star was destroyed, AKA epic explosion. :P
And a just in the nick of time escape... or a sacrifice.

300th post!! :D

Edited by Shadow_Ignited

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Nope Sort of

What if they smash it with a bigger thing?

Nope Sort of

What do you mean?

Remember when we wrote for SM.com

And you/we created a fantastically interesting concept before Eljay and Kahi appeared

Involving the destruction of the Red Star in a very particular manner

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Nope Sort of

What if they smash it with a bigger thing?

Nope Sort of

What do you mean?

Remember when we wrote for SM.com

And you/we created a fantastically interesting concept before Eljay and Kahi appeared

Involving the destruction of the Red Star in a very particular manner

Possibly? Get on Skype or Steam. I don't actually remember said conversation but I know we would have discussed it and I think I might have an idea of what we talked about?

No one listened to TEXTERMINATION... :crying:

I read every chapter, but I'm very busy with other things; I've got Extermination that I'm looking over, I've got Bionifight Infinite starting up, and I've got a few other projects in the works as well. 

And that's just on BZPower.

So I may not review, but you can be sure that I'm following.

• Upvote 1

Another great chapter! (And an action-packed one too! :) ) The battle JiMing and his team against White Eight and White Nine was really good. I wasn't expecting such shocking deaths for them though. But that isn't a complaint.

The Shadow continues to be a scary character. I can't wait to learn more about him in future chapters. He is probably one of my favorite characters in this story. 

I can't wait to read the next chapter! :)

pc0lX6T.png

Another great chapter! (And an action-packed one too! :) ) The battle JiMing and his team against White Eight and White Nine was really good. I wasn't expecting such shocking deaths for them though. But that isn't a complaint.

The Shadow continues to be a scary character. I can't wait to learn more about him in future chapters. He is probably one of my favorite characters in this story. 

I can't wait to read the next chapter! :)

White Eight and White Nine are, I believe, the only characters in this epic that... yes.

In other news, good to hear that I'm succeeding with the Shadow.

I smell a battle between Agent 64 and the Shadow incoming. 

Action-packed chapters all. Looks like A64 needs a new cloaking device. Still wondering how Voltex and Co. are going to escape the Red Star. 

Your first mistake is assuming that Voltex escapes the red star

Yes a battle might be coming

How much more damage can Metru Nui take? O_O

Well, Onu-Metru has been destroyed, half of Ta-Metru is in ruins, and the rest are all in pretty rough shape. I did originally plan to have BZ-Metru sunk beneath the waves as well, but it didn't end up fitting in. 

That said, I doubt it could take much more. That's assuming it's not dead enough to kill the universe already.

• Upvote 2

Well, Onu-Metru has been destroyed, half of Ta-Metru is in ruins, and the rest are all in pretty rough shape. I did originally plan to have BZ-Metru sunk beneath the waves as well, but it didn't end up fitting in. 

That said, I doubt it could take much more. That's assuming it's not dead enough to kill the universe already.

Mata Nui must be having a major headache from all this destruction going on in the city. :P

Anyways, another action-packed chapter. The battle in the Red Star was really well done. I can't wait to see the final battle in the coming chapters!

pc0lX6T.png

Mata Nui must be having a major headache from all this destruction going on in the city. :P

Anyways, another action-packed chapter. The battle in the Red Star was really well done. I can't wait to see the final battle in the coming chapters!

Hmm... the Red Star battle is one of my least favorite scenes, so I'm glad that it worked out regardless. 

Outside of Ehks losing an arm, that is. I feel like that part was okay.

ERMERGERSH

That was very interesting! I'm really impressed at the way things carry out there in this, Voltex. Er, Vol-Tex. :P

Like I said above, I'm not really a fan of the fight overall, but if it works it works.

You liar. <3

Well I couldn't very well let you think that you knew what was happening~

Hmm... the Red Star battle is one of my least favorite scenes, so I'm glad that it worked out regardless. 

You know what the best part of this is?

The actual MOC I made had a robotic arm. Same arm, too.

It's kinda hilarious how coincidental that is. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

You know what the best part of this is?

The actual MOC I made had a robotic arm. Same arm, too.

It's kinda hilarious how coincidental that is. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

In the original plans, you actually died this chapter; the Shadow was supposed to appear after the crash and execute you right after Voltex woke up. But then I realized that made no sense, because there was no reason for the Shadow to leave everyone else alive.

So you got to live. :P

Surprise surprise, everyone dies. Whoopee.

More accurate than you'd think.

Stabbed in the head, stabbed in the neck, shot in the head...

Will there be no White Council member that shall die from head/neck injury?

On the contrary, that is the only place that they can be injured at all, except from very specific weapons (or from each other). The rest of their armor is too tough.

In the original plans, you actually died this chapter; the Shadow was supposed to appear after the crash and execute you right after Voltex woke up. But then I realized that made no sense, because there was no reason for the Shadow to leave everyone else alive.

THE MEDIC LIVES UNTIL HE DIES

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

THE MEDIC LIVES UNTIL HE DIES

That does tend to be true of most things.

And so, the White Council prove even they are not above the dumbest trope anyone in armor follows: Never Wear A Helmet.

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun