Three BIONICLE Episodes Released

The one thing that really bugs me about these animations is... how quickly the story's going by. I mean, the third episode ends with the Toa preparing to acquire their golden masks, then we see them do so in the commercials.

I guess this means they've won? The story's over...?

Quite the contrary. Few things indicate a lot more is to come. 

They get the masks, then they have to travel to the ancient city, then defeat whatever is there. Then they have to retrieve possibly the mask of creation. Then they have to retrieve the mask of control and ultimate power, both of which will probably have new guardian enemies. They have to wake up Ekimu, they have to wake up Makuta and fight him, they also need to do something with the temple of time and possible introduction of the vahi, officially. 

That doesn't even cover what other mysteries they uncovered like the mystery of the toa. They say in the animation that no one knows anything about them and they seem to have amnesia similar to their awakening on Mata-Nui. There's much more to be done and most of that will probably cover 3+ years. New sets being unveiled at Toyfair  in February possibly so there's a lot more going to happen by then. 

And let's not forget the inevitable infected Lewa episode. :P

I honestly, non-joking, want this to happen.

Edited by ColdGoldLazarus
  • Upvote 1

The world gradually fell silent, the last few shots echoing into nothingness. There was little left now but ruins, and the eight. They witnessed the whimpering death of their world, and regretfully claimed dominion over all the sorry Remnants...

The one thing that really bugs me about these animations is... how quickly the story's going by. I mean, the third episode ends with the Toa preparing to acquire their golden masks, then we see them do so in the commercials.

Quite the contrary. Few things indicate a lot more is to come. 

They get the masks, then they have to travel to the ancient city, then defeat whatever is there. Then they have to retrieve possibly the mask of creation. Then they have to retrieve the mask of control and ultimate power, both of which will probably have new guardian enemies. They have to wake up Ekimu, they have to wake up Makuta and fight him, they also need to do something with the temple of time and possible introduction of the vahi, officially. 

That doesn't even cover what other mysteries they uncovered like the mystery of the toa. They say in the animation that no one knows anything about them and they seem to have amnesia similar to their awakening on Mata-Nui. There's much more to be done and most of that will probably cover 3+ years. New sets being unveiled at Toyfair  in February possibly so there's a lot more going to happen by then. 

And let's not forget the inevitable infected Lewa episode. :P

I honestly, non-joking, want this to happen.

What's Bionicle without Lewa getting infected by something?

• Upvote 4

Same thing here. I hope we get a lot of other information through comics and books and what not.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Okay, first of all:

TEH HYPE! [:D]

Okay. Done. [:P] Secondly, here's some points of interest/genera observations [:P]

1. So cute, the little villager! [:D] I can imagine a plushy of him... @-@ [:P]

2. What horrific voice acting :\ [:P] Maybe it's just becase I hate british accents [:P] (and before everyone starts yelling "RACIST", I am english, so.. [:P]) Kopaka's voice in the 4th vid particularly narked me, but it was okay in the promo, seeming to have switched to Pohatu and Onya Onua...  So I'm not too fussed about that.

3: Mask of time! [:o] It's everywhere! [:o] This is much, much more than a throw-out to the older fans... O_o [:D]

4: Did anyone else notice the six elemental planets in the Prophecy of Heroes? Looks like there might be a whole new set of worlds out there... O_o [:D]

5: The Elder of fire is Sensei Wu gone Biomechanical. [:P]

6: 

Tahu: How come I'm supposed to defeat evil?   :???:

Elder: You are destined blah blah blah OMG SPIDAHS!

Tahu: -Owns spiders- Like a boss Cool_%28New%29.png

7: I can't wait to see the "I am Lewa/Iron Man." memes pouring in [:P]

8: ...Onua, have you been takin' sneak peaks at Okoto Online Game? [:P] Because the rocks falling thing when you get to your golden mask is exactly like it [:P]

9: "I didn't slip."  :begging: Please no more... [:P]

10: Gali, you sound like a bloke [:P]

11: Looks like we have our Takua-ish star for the upcoming bionicle game [:P]

12: This isn't the end of the videos: We have yet to see the scene where the Protector of Fire is piggybacking on Tahu [:P

• Upvote 1

cLT23Pz.png

12: This isn't the end of the videos: We have yet to see the scene where the Protector of Fire is piggybacking on Tahu [:P

PoF: Tahu, you must feel the force around you!

• Upvote 4

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Seems like the story is being told in a much more cursory fashion than in the past. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it does feel less immersive and ambitious. Hopefully the story is expanded upon in more detail in other media. (Books, I think?)

This is like the bestest thing ever!!

Several points to make:

-VAHI! so much VAHI!!

-The baby villager is Takua. It must be.

-As soon as I heard "Temple of Time," I was all like: BWUAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :nodlaugh:   :alert:  (Ocarina of Time(and don't tell em it doesn't have anything ton do with it(that would be a lie)))

-They're all British. Thank God they're not Aussie....

-"I didn't slip"

-Another woman voiced by a man... why Lego...

-VAHI!!

-Did I already say Vahi?

I hope Lego keeps up the good work! This is SO HYPE!

• Upvote 3

MetaKnight.gif  Stay vigilant, my friends. MetaKnight.gif

Huh, saw the Vahi in the first two chapters, haven't spotted it in the third.

Animation is decent.  But wish they could've hired more than one voice actor.  Or if said voice actor did more than just one basic voice.  *sigh*  Makes me miss the text-speech days of the MNOLG...

:music:

• Upvote 2

Huh, saw the Vahi in the first two chapters, haven't spotted it in the third.

Animation is decent.  But wish they could've hired more than one voice actor.  Or if said voice actor did more than just one basic voice.  *sigh*  Makes me miss the text-speech days of the MNOLG...

:music:

What if everyone sounded like this?

• Upvote 1

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Animation is decent.  But wish they could've hired more than one voice actor.  Or if said voice actor did more than just one basic voice.

He did... Did you not notice the difference between Tahu's voice and or Pohatu's, or Gali's and the Protector of Fire's?

I wonder, if he weren't British, if he were using American accents, if people would still be having so much trouble telling his voices apart? Because it seems clear to me that he's using a different intonation with each of the characters. But often, Americans simply aren't any good at telling different British accents apart.

It's a bit of a shame all this hubbub about the voices has overtaken discussion of the animation. Those backgrounds are beautiful, as is the animation in several scenes. I love how the Skull Spiders drift up like jellyfish towards the beginning of the Gali video, and how she rises from the water at the end. Also love Kopaka's skiing scene and the look of his frost shield, and Tahu's spinning attack towards the end of his video!

• Upvote 10

The animation can be a bit iffy at times (as though relying too much on tweening to carry the work) but most of the time it's excellent. The story is told effectively, and as I expected the comedic moments aren't forced, but instead are inserted naturally into it.

Still can't tell if LOSS is several spiders or if it just gets around.

• Upvote 6

I think it would've been fairly apparent by now if there were multiples of LOSS. The Golden Mask of Skull Spiders descriptions says "the golden mask allows the Lord to control the advancing army of spiders," without pluralization.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I liked the way the Temple of Time looked, and the Vakama look-a-like looked really cool until he took out a machine gun.

Are you saying he looked cool until he looked like he was supposed to?

Exactly. But I guess machine gun Turaga are more marketable than hunchback Turaga in cloaks.

This conversation amuses me because there was somebody on another site a while back complaining about how terrible it was that the BIONICLE movies turned a bunch of capable leader characters into feeble, helpless "pensioners", and that the new animations seemed to be doing the exact same thing. Just goes to show that you can never please everybody.

Personally, I fully expected the Protector of Fire to be like the set underneath the cloak, and I absolutely love it. From a storytelling standpoint, it is a delightful subversion of expectations to have an elderly mentor character turn out to be physically fit, kind of like with Iroh in season three of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I don't think the gun affects the scene positively or negatively in that regard, though it does add a touch of humor to think that it was under the cloak the whole time. :P

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 8

I think it would've been fairly apparent by now if there were multiples of LOSS. The Golden Mask of Skull Spiders descriptions says "the golden mask allows the Lord to control the advancing army of spiders," without pluralization.

So what I'm getting out of that little snippet is that the Toa have to take the mask from the LoSS, and the regular Skull Spiders will turn harmless...? Interesting twist on an old setup... :infected:

The world gradually fell silent, the last few shots echoing into nothingness. There was little left now but ruins, and the eight. They witnessed the whimpering death of their world, and regretfully claimed dominion over all the sorry Remnants...

I liked the way the Temple of Time looked, and the Vakama look-a-like looked really cool until he took out a machine gun.

Are you saying he looked cool until he looked like he was supposed to?

Exactly. But I guess machine gun Turaga are more marketable than hunchback Turaga in cloaks.

Hence why regular Turaga all but disappeared from the classic Bionicle story after 2004. If it takes a tiny-but-effective blaster to make wise mentor characters marketable, I'm all for it.

So what I'm getting out of that little snippet is that the Toa have to take the mask from the LoSS, and the regular Skull Spiders will turn harmless...? Interesting twist on an old setup... :infected:

I don't think they'll be harmless, necessarily. But they will be leaderless. Think about the Krana. While their mind control was truly terrifying, what made a Krana-controlled host so effective was the fact that the telepathic link to the Bahrag made their hosts into a well-coordinated hive. So far the threat the Skull Spiders represent in-story (especially to the larger Toa or well-armed Protectors) is based largely on their overwhelming numbers. Take that away, and they're just individual pests, and even if they can still mind-control their hosts, they'll most likely do so in the interest of self-preservation rather than being able to plot a grander takeover.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I watch the videos...I immediatly think Takua is the little villager...I feel so smart, thinking i'm the only one to catch it...nope. XD

They're really trigger-happy with vahi references, and I absolutely love it.

Am I the only one who likes the voice acting? I like it being told by a single narrator. While gen1 got to the point where it made sense to treat it as a complex, detailed world, the narrator telling the story makes it feel like a legend. I like that feeling so far, which makes me not too upset over a male-voiced Gali.

also:

I don't think the gun affects the scene positively or negatively in that regard, though it does add a touch of humor to think that it was under the cloak the whole time. :P

"Oh, my back?  No, that's not a hunch."

"… then what is it?"

"Gatling gun."

"…"

this made me incredibly happy.

Picture Vakama doing that when he first met tahu...THAT would have been sweet. :P

EDIT:

vakama_tank_small.png

Edited by JMSOG
  • Upvote 15

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Im going to be honest, the voices weren't the best. Not the worst, but you seriously couldn't get multiple voice actors Lego? 

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the heavens, carrying with him the ones called the Matoran, to this island paradise. We were separate and without purpose, so the great spirit blessed us with the Three Virtues: Unity, Duty and Destiny. We embraced these gifts and in gratitude named our home Mata Nui, after the great spirit himself.

two things : 1 - the protector baby is so darn cute ! 2- Am I the only one that went What The  Fikou when the old protector turned into an armored killing  machine ? 

Edited by PaleoTiatan

:miru:  :voyanui: If anyone wants to learn how to speak Romanian contact me via private message .  :voyanui:  :miru:

I watch the videos...I immediatly think Takua is the little villager...I feel so smart, thinking i'm the only one to catch it...nope. XD

I think that he's the current protector, and that the scene shows the previous generation of protectors telling the younger generation, showing that time has passed since the "The legend" episode.

• Upvote 3

I think that he's the current protector, and that the scene shows the previous generation of protectors telling the younger generation, showing that time has passed since the "The legend" episode.

I thought so too, but you can see the little guy in the back of the croud during Tahu's arrival.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Probably not, because he's also in the back row of villagers when the current Protector of Fire addresses Tahu in the second episode. He may be a future Protector, though, since the Protector of Fire addresses him as "son".
  • Upvote 2

Probably not, because he's also in the back row of villagers when the current Protector of Fire addresses Tahu in the second episode. He may be a future Protector, though, since the Protector of Fire addresses him as "son".

Ah, I didn't catch that. Then maybe, though I think its really annoying that they all look the same.

Man, I'd love to build PoF Jr. Anyway, this was pretty entertaining. I hope we can go more in-depth on this story in the future.

It was kind of disconcerting that the Fire Protector went from frail old man to Rambo in less than two seconds.

I mean: Ooohhh, I'm a frail old man who tells stuff in legends and holds a walking stick while hunched in a tattered cloak --->> I'm Rambo, I got a missile launcher, and I'm super buff and have perfect posture. Let's rumble.

Just a funny thought XD

It's one of the most awesome parts of the video. Your funny thought really helped too.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

Man, I'd love to build PoF Jr. Anyway, this was pretty entertaining. I hope we can go more in-depth on this story in the future.

I'd love to build him too. :P HE IS SO ADORABLE!!! ^_^

• Upvote 2

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I wonder what role he'll play in the story if he gets a role at all. Too bad we might not get a set form of him and his cuteness. Those big beady eyes were like, "Papa, I know what I wanna do for a living. I wanna be awesome."

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

These are sweet. My only gripe is that the voice acting seems to be 'meh'. Not-Vakama is pretty sick though. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wonder what role he'll play in the story if he gets a role at all. Too bad we might not get a set form of him and his cuteness. Those big beady eyes were like, "Papa, I know what I wanna do for a living. I wanna be awesome."

He should be simple enough to build even if not given a set. That's what I love about all the characters having essentially the same mask and more or less the same color scheme: it means that, just by changing up their build, you can easily make a villager who's distinct from the Protector. And I honestly kind of like that better than the classic Matoran, many of whom were unbuildable due to using parts that they were never produced in.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I must say, I LOVED those episodes! The animations is wonderful, I don't mind the English accents, and to be honest, the jokes actually made me laugh! (I didn't slip. XD)

Also, this whole Vahi thing is starting to get weird....It has appeared in EVERY episode, and for all we know, it may be in the Toa videos also. They are making a big deal about it, and quite frankly, I will be very annoyed if they just end this with "Oh, you all came from a different dimension! Now, go back."

If it ends of that the Protector-signal thing was just calling the Toa out of their own Gen 1 dimension, then I will be beyond furious.

That Protector baby was cute though! : )

Edited by LN.01354

14799344410_4c302691ac_m.jpg15088228625_bc5a4b563c_m.jpg

FOLLOW ME ON FLICKR! I HAVE LEGO STAR WARS AND BIONICLE!!! FOLLOW ME. IT IS THE ONLY WAY! https://www.flickr.com/photos/126163229@N02/

Protector of Fire Jr. = Skales Jr.

• Upvote 5

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

It's a bit of a shame all this hubbub about the voices has overtaken discussion of the animation. 

Rule of thumb: if there is something to complain about or a flaw to point out, humans will always find that first, and tend to fixate on it until it becomes boring. 

Introducing Clint Eastwood, Bionicle edition. 

Protector of Fire Jr. = Skales Jr.

Yes, but PoF Jr. isn't a villain. 

Yet. 

• Upvote 5

Fix'd.

It's a bit of a shame all this hubbub about the voices has overtaken discussion of the animation. 

Rule of thumb: if there is something to complain about or a flaw to point out, BZPower will always find that first, and tend to fixate on it until it becomes boring. 

[Cyrix]