Inspiration for you Username(s).

Toa Smoke Monster

While my previous usernames were all taken from whatever preexisting character I was feeling particularly enthusiastic about at the time, my current name is rather tangentially based on an original character I've been fiddling with for a few years--somewhat inspired by gen.1 Bionicle, but also by the DCAU, The Dresden Files (books, NOT television show), and Robert E. Howard-type pulp fantasy. The end product is probably going to be a webcomic, though I definitely want a physical publication somewhere down the line.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

A long time ago, I had barely any Bionicle parts. Like seriously, I had maybe one or two canister sets worth of parts, some of those sockets being broken. So one day I went to this thing and bought a bag of second hand parts, and when I got home I excitedly built an awesome self-MOC. At the time it was one of my best MOCs ever, and the first Bionicle MOC I had been really proud of. Eventually I decided I needed a name for myself, and after lots of deciding I chose Keltan, which then became my Bzpower and YouTube name. Eventually I thought "nah". I then changed my name to Chronix, which not only sounded cooler to me, but shared the first three letters with my real name. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I imagined a character called Toa Cain while in a class at my high school and when I went home I finally remembered to sign up to BZPower. 

Straight after signing up I thought Kayn was way cooler than Cain because you know, reasons.

THE PROFILE LIVED BEFORE THE MOC!

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Many, many years ago, I sat at the Gmail "decide on your email" page, racking my brains for something good.

Bionicle was cool. MNOG was cool. Cool. Cold. Ice. Ko-Koro. That guy who is frozen in ice. Oh, yeah, Kopeke.

I honestly have no idea where the "master" came from. I think just "Kopeke" might have been taken, or something, and I guess I just put "master" at the end to make it work. (Technically, though, there was/is a "the" at the beginning, too, but that didn't make its way onto my username.)

So then it kind of just became my username pretty much everywhere.

For some reason I changed it to Kopeke Nui for like a month or something a long time ago, then back to Kopekemaster, then to Master of Kopekes for a while, then back to Kopekemaster.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Well, I was originally Tahu Nuva 3.0 and wow, 10 years ago I was sooooo creative XD 

Now I just use my standard username

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

End of Bionicle 3.

"Time to make your own legends" or something like that Vakama/the narrator said.

Literally the next night me and my brother are tearing apart our Toa Metru and brand new Hordika making a bunch of characters; Ended up making three characters, "Proto-Toa", "Aqua", and "Akaku" my brother named the Silver/black Hordika Toa, and the blue and Green Matoran I made. He says he made the names up by coincidence out of nowhere, but I suspect he found the old Black McDonalds Matoran Disk with the name of the mask on it (And I suspect he named Aqua after the Pencil Crayon color of the same name we had an abundance of at the time). Added Master of Flight because Akaku was taken, and because I was super cool.*

*Seriously lame and glad the forums deleted the beginning of my online existence

My original name, "Taladar of Fire" was before I took Akaku's identity as my own; A few months after we made those first MoCs I mentioned earlier, their story took them to some Island I named Taladi Nui (Honestly have no idea how I came up with the first part of the name), where Akaku and Aqua became... Surprise Surprise, Toa Taladar. I didn't take Akaku's Identity when I came on BZP, since I wanted to 'reboot' the storyline my brother and I had in comics where he wasn't included because I was annoyed at him at the time, or something. So, I planned to replace his Toa (Who was the original Taladar of Fire, named Kai) with a new one of my own that would become my online Identity; that didn't exactly catch on, so over time with my extremely bad sprite comics I changed to Ice, and then Finally to Air.

TL;DR: Probably Named after the name on an old Matoro Mc'toran Disk. Woo.

• Upvote 2

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

Interesting topic. Wish more sites had topics like this.

Moving on my username came from my favorite toa from my story and madeup universe and I have always thought of him as my signature toa so using his as me username was only natural. Now going into were his name came from would be way to much of a long story.

-Onvermel- :pakari:

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Got this new username from an Artist who drew this...Erm...Lewd skull character, and I thought she was pretty cool.

Starting to regret it 'cause it limits my profile pic selection. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I once decided to write a Bionicle fan fiction, and so I created a list of characters who would be introduced into it at one point or another, the fanfic didn't last more than one page, later on, I came to adopt a hobby for text based RPGs, at which point, I decided I might as well start one about that fan fiction, and I did, that thread is still up, though not on this site, due to the fact that I wasn't the only one roleplaying on that thread, other people's characters were joined into the fanfic, and sadly, two of my characters were left out, their names were Kopeyku and Petewa, I later bought G2 Pohatu, and became fond of Po-matoran, after that, I built a MoC, I named him Kopeyku, in honor of the young, cyclopian warrior intended to join the ranks of such OCs as Vanaka and Galani, since then, Kopeyku has become an entirely different character than his namesake ever would've been, and he even made a small appearance on the thread, I later found this website, dedicated to Bionicles, and decided to make an account, when I could no longer think of names, I went to my old list of characters for inspiration, I found something better, a name which had no designation other than Po-toa, no pre-decided personality, appearance, or even gender, I found Petewa, a glorious cross between Takua and the prefix of stone,

EDIT: Added D5, cuz I'm kool like dat,

Real reason: The Kanohi Force has a group private messaging whatchamadilit which is used almost purely for spam, sometimes it's memewars, sometimes it's roleplayery, so apon welcoming a new member to the group, I found a post which said this,

*Creeps behind Petewa and snaps his neck.* Surprise, motherf*cker.

It was very impolite, so in the end, I claimed that regular Petewa had left the account to the mysterious Dimension Five Petewa in his will, so I added D5 to the name...I think I'm gonna die again soon though...

Edited by D5 Petewa
  • Upvote 1

I draw my username from a series of French novels about a thief named Arséne Lupin.

I had the accent mark, but it disappeared mysteriously.

To my knowledge accent marks aren't allowed in display names here for whatever reason. A moderator probably removed it.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

Years ago when I was still trying to come up with a universal username, my dad thought of this one. I loved it when he suggested it, and I have had it ever since, even if very few people can pronounce it much like my IRL last name!  :P

I don't mind, though; it's a play on the meaning of my actual name, and I love it!

Spiderus Prime: A Weird combing of a Miss Spider Character and The Prime Title. 

Autobot Grimlock: My Favorite Autobot and Dinobot Leader.

Kopaka/Dinobot: Combined Toa of Ice with The Ex-Pred turn Maximal. 

Cliffjumper: The Autobot Minibot.

Roderick Kingesly:Hobgoblin: The First Hobgoblin is always the best Hobgoblin.

Little Brutaka: Also thought wrestlers with Bionicle Characters which Brutaka is to some Irish Wrestler,

Pink and Black: The Colors of Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Mankind and Mankind: Toa of Hardcore: That was back when I use to love Wrestle.

Takua X:  Put my favorite Character and the The 90's Favorite Letter. 

I was, and probably still are, quite obsessed with the Millennia/Millennium Slizer (which you can see in my av as well). Never got my hands on it, however, and probably never will. Also it's got a solid feel to it. It's outstanding. Sorta.

Edited by Millennium

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it was my birthday, and the new season of Red versus Blue premiered on the same day, so I decided to celebrate both occasions by changing my username to that of one of my favourite characters from the series. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I just really like the mall of america

Is there anything you like more than the Mall of America?

--

Anyway, for me, the "P~M" stands for "Piraka~Mistika." That started out as "Piraka~Mahri," which was originally going to be my username, but for whatever reason I never used it. Later, when I actually got around to creating an account, the Mahri were kind of passé, so I went with Piraka~Mistika. I guess originally I just sort of stuck two BIONICLE concepts together, and I don't really remember why.

As for "Sycophantic Wizard" and my various epithets previous, I just sort of started the pattern of coming up with some random title that didn't really mean anything of significance and sticking it in front of "P~M." This most recent one is a reference to the character of the Wizard in everybody's favorite anachronistic musical comedy, Once Upon a Mattress.

Edited by Sycophantic Wizard P~M

banner.jpg

Hoooo. Wow. Thinking about this takes me way back. I've changed my username a good three or four times since I joined the website. 

My first was Karate Girl. It was simple. I was a girl, and did martial arts. (and sounded better than Taekwondo Girl.) I was in Middle School.

The Second was Karate Kidd. Don't ask me why. 

The Third was Jalina Taekwondo Toa. The name honestly was a bunch of syllables slapped together. Until I found out it was an actual name. I was in High school by this point.

The Third and 1/2 was Jalina T.T. Because it was easier to write. 

The Fourth is TinkerTech, my current identity. I was signing up for a minecraft account last year and decided that Jalina T.T. was stupid. So I after some thought, I picked a name that describes both my occupation (Technician) and hobby (Tinkering with stuff on said job.) I was in my Sophmore year of college.

The odd things is, there's a line of progression between all of my names. Karate Girl > Karate Kidd > Jalina Taekwondo Toa > Jalina T.T. > TinkerTech. I wasn't even trying on the last one!

Defy Expectations

Started off with my old universal username, and I have since changed it to my new-er universal username. It's also my last name, shhhh don't tell anybody

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17