The skull spiders are weak

My theory is, the Skull Spiders don't have individual minds. We do know the Lord of Skull Spiders telepathically communicates with the rest of the Skull Spiders, so they might just be like drones.

The swarm theory also sounds likely, or it could be that the skull spiders underestimated Tahu, so they just jumped at him.

• Upvote 2

vartempsig.png

"Don't criticize what you can't understand."

Bob Dylan

Even their leader, LoSS, only amounts to the difficulty of a Kane-Ra.

Wait, did you just compare the LoSS to a Kane Ra? I'd much rather fight a six-legged spider the same size as me than a gigantic tracked beast with a head the same size as my entire upper body and massive claws to boot... In fact a fight between the LoSS and a Kane-Ra would probably be comically unbalanced (although I imagine Lego would have the LoSS win!)

Back on track though, I agree these guys are a swarm enemy and they have to be fairly weak for several reasons. The villagers and protectors MUST be able to hold their own until the Toa arrive so the spiders can't be so strong that that's impossible. They also shouldn't pose a huge challenge to the Toa (or any challenge at all as it seems!) because starting Gen 2 with a hugely powerful enemy essentially leaves TLG with nowhere to go except a new set of heroes or some significant transformation right off the bat. It would also leave the villagers and protectors completely neglected as the story progresses because, let's be honest, if they can't fight the first menace then anything else will destroy them!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!