Kopaka Mata Revamp

Very cool, good work! I don't know that I agree the body is too long but rather the legs are too short. I's suggest lenghtening them slightly and maybe mounting them one or two studs higher so they're on the side of the hips as opposed to the bottom corners. All that articulation is brilliant though, tremendous job on the waist!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Very cool, good work! I don't know that I agree the body is too long but rather the legs are too short.

Bingo. After checking again, the torso is actually fine, it's the legs that's the problem.

maybe mounting them one or two studs higher so they're on the side of the hips as opposed to the bottom corners

Eh, not so sure about that. I tried to give him more proper proportions, while also keeping his set asthetic, so I don't know if I would want to change the waist. Thanks for the idea, though.

it might look better if you broadened the shoulders and made the chest/belly a little thicker

Yup. The torso is a little thin looking back on it. I'll see what I can do.

His torso alone is longer than his legs and feet combined.

While his legs are too short, they're not shorter than the torso. They are, however, shorter than the torso and head combined, which I need to fix.

Edited by Commander Spencer

You can find most of my stuff on my MOCpages and Flickr accounts.

MOCpages

Flickr

You know, aside from his torso being a tch long, I can't really complain. At first glance he has the overall shape of Kopaka mata, but is an entirely different thing all itself. Truthfully this isn't a revamp but more like a full conversion and boy does it look great.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this particular MOC. On the one hand it does employ a wide range of great greebles, but on the other hand his proportions look a bit off to me. I think the problem is more with the torso than it is with the legs. Plus, the chest area is in dire need of some more size; it doesn't look big enough at the moment. It's a good MOC, but it could benefit from a little more work.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks guys! Recently I have extended his legs and slightly thickened his mid-section, and he does look better.

Does the gear function actually work?

Unfortunately not, the gears were only there for looks. I tried to focus more on posability rather than playability.

MOCpages

Flickr

My main question is this: Where on earth did you get that shiny gold Akaku? Is it a repaint? Or one of those chrome fan-made ones?

I actually made that a while back. I wasn't satisfied by the gold color of the official six gold masks, they looked too dark. So, we went to the store, got some shiny gold spray paint, I got out six spare masks, and we painted them.

Here's a picture of all six: https://www.flickr.com/photos/therollins/14129944601/in/set-72157641729230474

The Kaukau is a little scratched up on the visor, so I hope to buy another Kaukau so I can paint it and maybe make it so that the visor remains unpainted and transparent. You know, so Gali can actually see out the mask. :P

Edited by Commander Spencer

MOCpages

Flickr

It seem like this would be a good but the biggest problem is that the arm and body seem too long and it's too skinny IMO but I love that the color scheme stick with the 2001 Kopaka and that the knee and elbow are not balljointed.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube