Kualsi (short film)

Jam Pot Studios

After a couple of days of trial and error, I have a new and unexpected short to share with you!

Kualsi

thumbnail.jpg

All work and no play makes Iruini a bored, lackadaisical Toa Hagah. Everyone needs to blow off a little steam now and then.

(Click for video)

I'm sure by now most of you will have seen Metru Nui Legacy's amazing short film Kikanalo (and if you haven't, go watch it now). After watching that and talking to him about his methods, I decided to have a go myself at constructing a set entirely in 3D space. That quickly evolved from a few tests into a whole video, and so now we have a short and pointless video of Iruini making himself look like an idiot. It's not as polished as MNL's work, but I think it's a good start, and I hope you enjoy it. Sorry for the dodgy thumbnail - it's Christmas Eve, and I won't have much time to acces photoshop today.

I still have plans to carry on with Nuva, despite the hiatus since the last episode, but there are some other projects that take priority at the moment. One of them is another BIONICLE short film following Zaria, called Forged in Iron (if anyone has any suggestions for what weapon he might carry, now would be the time) and I hope to use techniques I learned making this short to make that the best it can be. Of course, uni life will no doubt get in the way as it has done for the past few months, so I'm taking every film one at a time.

Once again, I hope you like this little skit, and if you do then please share it around, and subscribe to my YouTube channel! I'm hoping to hit 1000 subscribers in 2015 (it'll only have taken 7 years).

Thanks,

-Jam Pot

Edited by Jam Pot
  • Upvote 3

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Cool stuff! I really like the classic sound effects and the smooth combination of the background and stop-motion characters. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Really good animation, reminds me a lot of KIKINALO [ :P] Keep up da good work!  :thumbsup: [:P]

Thanks! That was kind of the idea. When I was asking Metru Nui Legacy if he minded, he said one of the reasons he started making videos was to encourage more cinematic Bionicle animations, so I hope I'm doing KIKANALO justice :)

What software did you use?

Only the finest quality Kanoka available  :D

I use Adobe After Effects CC for compositing, particles etc, and then do the final edit in Premiere Pro CC. It's great because you can edit a shot in one piece of software and have it linked to the other, so you don't have to constantly export shots to send them back and forth.

Amazing animation as always Jam Pot !

Thanks!

I'm hoping to get some of the next one, Pehkui, done in the next week or so, and I have plenty of ideas for others. Once the Protectors are in shops here in the UK, I'll be able to start on Forged in Iron too.

Edited by Jam Pot

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg

Like this video! As for Zaria, my MOC of him here: http://orionide5.deviantart.com/art/MOCs-Cast-of-The-Yesterday-Quest-465441067 shows my headcanons about his gear and appearance.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Like this video! As for Zaria, my MOC of him here: http://orionide5.deviantart.com/art/MOCs-Cast-of-The-Yesterday-Quest-465441067 shows my headcanons about his gear and appearance.

That's definitely one of the better Zaria's I've seen. I've actually already built mine (as of yesterday), though I'm waiting for the new sets to come out in the UK so that I can get that dark orange Stone Protector mask.

, and Avengers Tower!

burning_logo.jpg