Rack for Kanohi (Ignika, Vahi, Kraahkan, Avohkii, Hau and MoC in futur

I made original rack in 2008, first it was more simple without any Vahi, gold Ignika, Kraahkan, Hau.

The biggest rebuild I made week ago, changing it and fixing few things.

Today come to me gold Vahi and Kraaahkan that I'm order from Bricklink.

Main idea is to add all the most characteristic and powerful Masks from original Bionicle. So it almost completed.

That head on top is place holder for Mask of Creation, when it comes out finally.

Because MoC was in original story and beside I want to have 3 Gold Legendary Masks.

That's why I rather not plan to add MoUP if it ever come out.

Gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/dlSg0

Update:

So, I rebuild it to bigger form, and added some masks.

Top place is for MoC. Left handle is for movie version of Kraahkan. Silver Hau is placeholder for chrome Hau.

Gallery:

http://imgur.com/gallery/feSaR

Update v2:

So, everything I wanted is now on place. Movie Kraahkan added, Chrome Hau added, and MoC added!

fiq1KD5.jpg

Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/EPxGg

Edited by PrimoUltimo
  • Upvote 11

cWeRqBk.png

Nope. The MoC will most likely only be able to attach to the new 2015 head.  Of course, none of the old masks attach.

I'd use that top spot for the gold Kraahkhan.

The gold Kraahkhan is over the botton right corner of the pic, next to the gold Avohkki.

Edited by Kerub

This is pretty great looking, I like that you used the Tohunga head in the middle of the rack and I hope to see the Mask of Creation on the rack when it comes out but I'm pretty sure you need something else, because the mask wouldn't fit on the Mata head.

Also I may think of making my own rack but for those three mask in the G2 when they come out :)

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is super neat! I really dig it. As for the final mask, I say go for the Olmak.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I'm areal stickler for nice collectible displays and I really love this. It's so different and truly unique. In trying to keep away from the common 'rack' design employed by many collectors I've ended up with brick-built displays for my mata, noble and nuva masks and a different type of brick and plate display for the krana.

I've collected most of the other rare and legendary masks and toy with the idea of displaying them sometimes but as there are odd numbers of each different mask type it won't fit my current style. Your use of a deep branching display is a great solution and I will certainly be thinking about displaying these masks again now I've seen it!

As for the masks you've chosen to display, some seem a little odd. You have a gold Hau in there but are missing 2 variants of the kraahkan. Also you included the glitter avohkii but not the silver one. I would have expected to see you use just the gold one or all 3. Using one of the non-set ones but not the other seems strange.

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

• 3 months later...

The MoC cannot attach to that head. It can attach to the new head and y-joints and a few others. But that is one fine-looking Kanohi display! I love your inclusion of the 2008 Avohkii and how the gold masks are on the right and the others on the left. Excellent work! 

Uh, yes it can.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were referring to the updated photo. Nevermind.

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Nice update, though I'm more of a fan of the original distribution of masks, particularly the way you used to have all 3 Ignika in a row. Also, what was your reasoning for including the golden Mata masks and the three versions of the Hau? They're arranged very nicely but this display is starting to look a little too cluttered in my opinion and I preferred it when it was purely for legendary masks. The abundance of masks on disply make it hard to appreciate the structure of the stand itself as well which is something that I think worked really well in the original. 

Also, what happened to the Barraki set from your shop display tube? Did you remove it and break it down?? If you still have it and haven't messed it up, which one is it?!

I added golden Mata masks, because I think they are some kind of the basis for Bionicle, beside that, they were very powerful masks. Lhikan Hau is also some kind of symbol, since he done many big things in Bio history. And a Chrome Hau (that I want, silver Hau is placeholder) is nice and rare mask.

I know it now looks a little too abundance, but for me it's nice section through the Bionicle, bottom is start of Bio and basis, then we have Light and Shadow masks, and at the top we have the Legendary Masks.

In tube was Kalmah, I just dismantle him for parts. He has some glue on parts so I just clean that parts. Few of them was broke.

cWeRqBk.png

Thanks God it was Kalmah, I have that tube :P He was worth way more in the display tube for future reference though. Is a shame you dismantled him :(

Did you try it with the Lhikan Hau between the two mata styles? That might look a little more symmetrical. It does still look fantastic though, I like the way you think outside of the box, all my displays are very 2-dimensional by comparison ;)

• 2 months later...