So...Now What?

Toa Alvarno

I understand that 2015 has only just started, but usually we should have some information on what's coming next. So far, Lego has released the sets and a mobile game, along with some animated shorts online. But it all seems a bit lacking. What happens now? Will we be getting a book or some comics? Or a TV show that extends the storyline? Nothing seems to have been leaked or announced so far, so it doesn't seem likely that there will be a book this year or it would have been listed in some catalog somewhere. The reason I say this is because there is so much more to the story that feels missing. As of now, we know that the protectors have been awaiting the Toa due to some prophecy. They have crash landed and have come to save the protectors from the Skull Spiders. How do we know when they defeat them and what happens afterward?

Unfortunately, unless there is a news break worthy of the BZP front page, you have pretty much summed up the whole of public understanding. There really just isn't anything to say at this point. If I stumble upon something intruiging, well, I'll keep you posted, but that could be a while, probably not until LEGO or Brickopedia makes an update, which would sort of defeat the purpose. But here's hoping.

Edited by RahiSpeak

It was confirmed at the NYCC panel that there will be books later in the year. No word yet on who the author will be; at NYCC they said they were still deciding. We were also told at the NYCC panel that there would be a LOT of story episodes on the website. The three or four we've seen so far are just the start.

• Upvote 2

I wish we could see something soon. A week feels like a month to me.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The wait feels so long, but it's honestly not so bad. We've already released a teaser (not to mention some suspicious leaks) and some episodes online, and the New Year just started. I think it's mostly the fact that fans have been waiting for so long for this return, receiving such little information once leaks and suspicions started going around that it feels so long and unfair that we've gotten to be what feels so little. Much that we've seen really isn't that big of news to us. Just look at that magazine pamphlet thing that came with the January magazine; there's only one thing in it that we didn't know about before (mask of time), and even so, it didn't feel that new because of all the easter eggs and nods to it. What us fans are craving for is that mystery, that thing that happened when we started getting ideas that Bionicle was coming back. Just remember how excited we were with the picture of the mask of creation and its confirmation- we were excited and wanted to know more! There was just enough information to keep us excited and happy, but enough hidden to drive us crazy theorizing and wondering joyfully. After most of the big reveals came by, things just kinda... slowed down, at least in our perceptions.

Edited by Banana Gunz

The thing I always forget about from gen 1 is the inevitable long waits between bits of story (especially in movie years). Because, let's face it, Bionicle isn't something that's going to get updates every week, so there's always going to be time when it seems like nothing's happening. Comics, books, films, animations, games - these things all take time and money, and given that a lot of story content has historically been free (excepting books. And films. Ok, and games. Shut up), there's only so much they can afford to put out.

The serials were a nice touch, of course, but rarely dealt with main story material.

I'm sure we'll start seeing more soon. In the meantime, I'm off to grumble over the fact that I still can't find sets in my local toy stores here in the UK.

• Upvote 1

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I feel a little like this too. All of the hype surrounding the relaunch and new sets has kept us all going for months prior to the release. But now it just kind of feels over... We have the sets and that's it? Yeah sure it's VERY early on but TLG seems to have invested really heavily in hyping up the release and then forgotten that they need to KEEP people excited for the net six months while they work on the next lot of releases.

The only thing they seem to be trickle feeding us right now is the animated shorts which (despite being fairly hit or miss as far as audience goes) are frankly pretty disappointing. They last about 30 seconds each and add virtually nothing to the characters or story. Perhaps they realise that part of their mistake last time was overdoing the media but this is really going to the other extreme and giving us NO appreciable media at all.

I suddenly find myself doing a u-turn on mask packs and wishing I at least had something to collect for the next six months to pass the time but we don't even have that.

Hype train-derailed...

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Try not to let it get to you Blurblur. The sets are worth waiting for and you'll have them soon enough! Can't you get them online somewhere? If you can't order them online in Alaska maybe you know someone in Canada or the US who could do it for you and ship them on ;)

One thing I remember about Bionicle that was a pain, following the story. I understand it's a toyline so they have to make toys and the story kinda has to go around the toys, but sometimes during those months between releases (April-June) the story just felt barren. I always felt like sometimes they had to pad down the story with filler so they didn't have to bring the new characters into the story until the new toys came out. I always thought it made it feel so restricted story-wise and when they didn't wait to bring in new sets it was always irritating to read the books and comics and not have the new sets. Especially during 2005 when the Visorak were in the story even before the Hordika, eventually when the Visorak came out, I felt like I'd already seen enough of them in the comics and I just didn't find them very interesting. I thought the Legends series at least did a good job though, with bringing back the classic Toa Nuva to fight the Piraka that way we could have some sort of conflict instead of just the Piraka being evil and a build up to the Inika. (although the Inika build up was really cool because we actually got some story with the Matoran so we could reacquaint ourselves with them before they became the next set of Toa) The winter to summer wave was usually the less exciting part because it was always either the Toa going through basically the tutorial level of a video game that lasted several months, like the Morbuzahk or in this case Skull Spiders or in the later years, the villains doing evil things before the next set of Toa came. I know this summer we're going to get some baddies for the Toa to fight, and I'd love to see a proper build up for them in the story.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Definitely think patience is a virtue to bring back here. I said this a lot before and I guess I'll get ready to say it a lot more again. =P

Just remember that the only reason you feel impatient is because you're so into this. That's great! Savour it while you can. I know I was in your position many times but then I would just go back and review some stuff. Having other interests helps, of course.

Otherwise, everything that's been said above is pretty correct. Story building takes time.

• Upvote 3

APlayofLight_zps1888c63b.jpeg

Part One of the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully some more info on the books are released soon. But there is no use rushing, I want this hype train to be an easy trip. And the new sets haven't even come out in Australia yet. I'd rather buy them in store, so I've still got a while to wait. :(

Oh? So... the sets aren't here yet? What a shame. I was going to go to Toys R' Us and check... now it's pointless.

I'm still confident that they'll be at Toys R' Us though. They always have sets in stores earlier. If not, I'll pick up some Invasion From Below sets.

Onto a different topic, knowing that there will be books released later in the year is quite comforting. That would mean the new line has more story to offer, as we all hoped. 

Edited by Professor Turnip

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

@Blueblur: That's one of many hilarious differences between large chunks of Canada and the US... I live in Northern BC which is isolated, but not quite Alaska. And I STILL haven't seen a single 2015 bionicle in-store yet.

If you feel like you're in the middle of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE, you're in good good company with me... :P Australia, you have my sympathy. You guys are on an island separated by water, we're on an island separated by stupid politics, economics and not-so-free trade.

Edited by takanuva1988

Looking for VMKK, GPKK, SSKK, and a gold Kanoka. PM if you have / know of any for sale!

Well I kind of see where the OP is coming from. Back in G1, the Bionicle comic would give us a preview of what was to come to the BIONICLE website (animations, comics, games, serials). But this time around all we've been shown are those animations. By comparison, it seems a little minimalistic. Plus, the Mask of Creation app wasn't very heavily advertised...

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Well I kind of see where the OP is coming from. Back in G1, the Bionicle comic would give us a preview of what was to come to the BIONICLE website (animations, comics, games, serials). But this time around all we've been shown are those animations. By comparison, it seems a little minimalistic. Plus, the Mask of Creation app wasn't very heavily advertised...

-NotS

I was surprised by the lack of publicity given to the app as well, considering how Lego has advertised the rest of the reboot so far. Hopefully when the books come along we'll actually know they're coming and have some idea of what they're about.

• Upvote 1

-NotS

I was surprised by the lack of publicity given to the app as well, considering how Lego has advertised the rest of the reboot so far. Hopefully when the books come along we'll actually know they're coming and have some idea of what they're about.

The app is mentioned in all of the sets' instruction booklets, and I feel like it's only a matter of time before it's mentioned on the BIONICLE website and Facebook page. So I don't think it will be lacking in publicity for very long.

I found that strange as well. They must have put some decent revenue into it's development so why not advertise it? If not for this topic (edit:the other topic!), I STILL wouldn't even know this app existed...

Edit again as Kapura'd! I didn't notice the app in the manuals at all! Perhaps I was too excited about building new Bionicle :D

Edited by Munty

The app is mentioned in all of the sets' instruction booklets, and I feel like it's only a matter of time before it's mentioned on the BIONICLE website and Facebook page. So I don't think it will be lacking in publicity for very long.

I guess the site hasn't updated in like 3 weeks so probably. Hope it updates soon!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I would order them online but it takes forever for them to ship anything here. If big name stores can't get shipments within two weeks of release, how is a mere mortal supposed to get all six Masters from Lego.com?

Besides, I kind of want to wait a bit because I want the novelty of buying the sets physically in the stores. Sadly, nobody seems to have Gali up here.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I would order them online but it takes forever for them to ship anything here. If big name stores can't get shipments within two weeks of release, how is a mere mortal supposed to get all six Masters from Lego.com?

Besides, I kind of want to wait a bit because I want the novelty of buying the sets physically in the stores. Sadly, nobody seems to have Gali up here.

I can agree that buying sets at an actual store is better. I was lucky I i could finish getting the sets on the sixth of January. And I got my favorite sets the day after Christmas. I will cross a bunch of fingers that things get easier for your collecting.

Edited by Spiffy247

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I'm a little frustrated because I want to make some MoCs with the new building system, but I skipped out on Hero Factory because I was a spiteful little punk (I was one of those Hero Factory haters) and I was going through my teen years where I thought I was "too cool" for Lego. I would like to see Lego release a CCBS system parts bin or something because I just can't bring myself to take apart my new sets, probably won't happen though.

I'm a little frustrated because I want to make some MoCs with the new building system, but I skipped out on Hero Factory because I was a spiteful little punk (I was one of those Hero Factory haters) and I was going through my teen years where I thought I was "too cool" for Lego. I would like to see Lego release a CCBS system parts bin or something because I just can't bring myself to take apart my new sets, probably won't happen though.

There probably won't be a parts bin, since those largely resulted from inefficient production methods that Lego has long since improved.

But thanks to the non-humanoid builds that made up the majority of the sets, the Hero Factory Invasion from Below sets are excellent sources of CCBS parts, including a lot of parts that can make it easier to integrate traditional Technic with CCBS parts. And now that Bionicle's taking its place, we're likely to see a lot of sales and deals on remaining Hero Factory stock. So keep your eyes peeled!

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There probably won't be a parts bin, since those largely resulted from inefficient production methods that Lego has long since improved.

But thanks to the non-humanoid builds that made up the majority of the sets, the Hero Factory Invasion from Below sets are excellent sources of CCBS parts, including a lot of parts that can make it easier to integrate traditional Technic with CCBS parts. And now that Bionicle's taking its place, we're likely to see a lot of sales and deals on remaining Hero Factory stock. So keep your eyes peeled!

Thanks for the heads up! I might look into it after I've collected all the new sets and if I have enough extra cash to spare. I'm busy with college now though but eventually I'd like to get back into doing MoCs.

Edited by Xarok