2015 Toa Kaita - Akamai Master of Valor, and Wairuha Master of Wisdom.

Awesome work!
Out of curiosity, did these use up all of the pieces from their respective component sets, or just a majority of the parts?

Contrasting them to the Chir brothers' 2015 Kaita MOCs/mockups, which are the only others I recall seeing so far that I've really liked, I'd say that their MOCs capture the feel of the old Kaita better, while yours look better overall.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Awesome work!

Out of curiosity, did these use up all of the pieces from their respective component sets, or just a majority of the parts?

Contrasting them to the Chir brothers' 2015 Kaita MOCs/mockups, which are the only others I recall seeing so far that I've really liked, I'd say that their MOCs capture the feel of the old Kaita better, while yours look better overall.

They use most of the parts from the sets, but there are quite a few leftovers which had nowhere to go. 

Also, didn't they just make Wairuha?

Edited by Toa Chronix

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I like Akamai, though I feel it could have been a little better.

In what ways?

The torso is too wide for the height (or lack, thereof). It should be taller in order to better match the limbs and shoulders.

Edited by ~T1S~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

These are nice Though a comparison shot to see how they stack up to their originals would be cool to see. I remember making a version of these with my Toa, though because I owned Onua, Gali and Lewa, it was not exactly the canonical version. Something about the aspect of them becoming a much larger robot I think may have been what got me into Bionicle in the first place and why I wanted to collect multiple sets.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I have to agree with the wide shoulders criticism. It's cool that you chose to actually use Onua's claws in the same manner as the original, though being such large pieces they sort of leave you with wide shoulders to compensate (hence why I opted for the feet instead)

Wairuha looks better proportionally, and I do like the updated versions of his older weapons. 

I like Wairuha the best. The build looks nice and the shaping is well done. The color scheme isn't too bad either.

Akamai is okay but I think it has some issues. The shoulders seem like they're just boxes attached to the torso. It would probably be okay if they weren't as wide, but the current width with increases the effect making it worse. Other than that it looks fine. I'm not sure if I like the purple in it, but I don't if there would be a better place to include it.

signoff2.png

So is there a 6 Master Toa deal in the works? Is that a thing; all 6 Toa together?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

So is there a 6 Master Toa deal in the works? Is that a thing; all 6 Toa together?

A Toa Nui. 

I haven't seen anyone attempt it yet. 

Perhaps I should try...

Really nice Toa Kaita MOCs! Akamai's upper legs are a bit too small in my opinion, but other than that these look pretty great!

And yes, you should try! I'm surprised no one has built one yet. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

A Toa Nui. 

Perhaps I should try...

Really nice Toa Kaita MOCs! Akamai's upper legs are a bit too small in my opinion, but other than that these look pretty great!

And yes, you should try! I'm surprised no one has built one yet. :P

Until today. *grins*

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Awesome! I echo that Akamai could be a little taller. If you have any leftover friction joints that can help, but be warned you'll need some extra grip from gloves or something to take them apart. Other than that, they look fantastic. Great work!

A Toa Nui. 

Perhaps I should try...

I made a Toa Nuva Nui once (as the 2002 Toa Nuva are my only full team), which captured the aesthetic of the original Kaita and could surprisingly stand well (even if it doesn't look it at all) but looks bizarre. xD If anyone wants a picture, feel free to PM me.

A Toa Nui. 

Perhaps I should try...

So where is the Pic then? New Topic? 

Awesome! I echo that Akamai could be a little taller. If you have any leftover friction joints that can help, but be warned you'll need some extra grip from gloves or something to take them apart. Other than that, they look fantastic. Great work!

A Toa Nui. 

Perhaps I should try...

I made a Toa Nuva Nui once (as the 2002 Toa Nuva are my only full team), which captured the aesthetic of the original Kaita and could surprisingly stand well (even if it doesn't look it at all) but looks bizarre. xD If anyone wants a picture, feel free to PM me.

Consider a PM sent.

Onua.png