Furno Bike With 2.0?

Plague

So, I just bought a furno bike, opened it up, and there were the new 2.0 Y-joints (or new Nuva hands) to hold the launchers on the sides. Can anyone explain?

Interesting; that does come as a surprise. It's possible that it's from a later production run than most copies of the set. There was a similar situation with Jetbug, where sets from older production runs tended to have the older (2008) style of y-joints. Additionally, certain 2010 Hero Factory sets like Dunkan Bulk had silver parts in multiple variations: either 131 Silver, the color that had been used for silver parts in BIONICLE for several years, or 315 Silver Metallic, the new, slightly darker silver that became universal by 2011.So while this is somewhat unusual, suggesting as it does that either the new Y-joint was created sooner than expected or production of the Furno Bike ended later than expected, it's not unheard-of for parts associated with earlier or later sets to appear as a variant in a set's inventory.

I had a similar experience with a 2006 brutaka set that had a connector piece from 2008 so that was a surprise.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You're lucky, I think the new, indestructable Y sockets are the best thing we got with 2.0. Not that the skeleton parts don't have their uses.Interesting story, I hadn't heard of new parts coming out in earlier sets. Vise-versa, maybe, but not new in old.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Hmm... as others have said, TLG probably started using those when they found out that the new joints worked better. Most likely to uphold top quality.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

That has happened before, actually.I distinctly remember Gatanui got some sets back in 2010 with the new joints. They're just late releases.It's probably a situation somewhat like that of the voya/new silver. Different releases got different colors.

AXKP5KC.png

Haven't had such a problem. But I'd like to have it.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,What exactly are these new joints you are all talking about? Do you have pictures that show the change/variation/difference? And what do the two different silver plastic colors used for Bulk look like?What sets do these new joints unexpectedly show up in? Are they in the 2010 Hero canister sets, like Furno 1.0? The 2.0 Hero canister sets? Basically, what Hero Factory sets are these new joints NOT standard/expected-to-be in?Thanks. Just want to know what's up with this and clear any confusion I may have pertaining to this topic.

That has happened before, actually.I distinctly remember Gatanui got some sets back in 2010 with the new joints. They're just late releases.It's probably a situation somewhat like that of the voya/new silver. Different releases got different colors.

Wow, you have a good memory. :P Indeed, I got Stormer with the new joints, and I also got Surge and Breez with the new silver.

Hey everyone,What exactly are these new joints you are all talking about? Do you have pictures that show the change/variation/difference? And what do the two different silver plastic colors used for Bulk look like?What sets do these new joints unexpectedly show up in? Are they in the 2010 Hero canister sets, like Furno 1.0? The 2.0 Hero canister sets? Basically, what Hero Factory sets are these new joints NOT standard/expected-to-be in?Thanks. Just want to know what's up with this and clear any confusion I may have pertaining to this topic.

The new joints we are talking about are those now used, starting with the winter 2011 sets. They could already show up in late production series of 2010 sets, although they weren´t officially released before the 2011 sets.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Hey everyone,What exactly are these new joints you are all talking about? Do you have pictures that show the change/variation/difference? And what do the two different silver plastic colors used for Bulk look like?

The newer silver color is darker than the silver usually used in BIONICLE, whereas the older one is the same as was used in BIONICLE for many years. Any 2011 set will use the new silver as far as I know, whereas 2010 sets may use either of the two silver colors.The new joints look like this, whereas the older ones (2008-2010) look like this. The transition between the two styles occurred between 2010 and 2011, so some later production runs of the 2010 sets will use the new style and some earlier production runs of the 2011 sets (like Jetbug) will use the older style.

Thanks for the info,So the 1.0 Hero Canister sets like Furno and Stormer could come with the new 2011 black ball-cup piece for their ankles or weapon arm (http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/showBrick.aspx?item=4610948&lod=5&size=2) ?I also heard that ANY 2010 silver parts could be the "new" silver (silver in Breez's weapons, silver in Surge's weapons, silver arms of Surge, all of Bulk, etc.) Has anyone found the new silver being used on these sets, or say, Furno 1.0's weapons? Does anyone have any side-by-side comparison pictures of the two different silver color parts?I would just like to know this in case I order extra 1.0 weapons (like extra Furno blades), as to be aware of the parts color variants and be able to tell them apart (old Bionicle silver vs new 2011 Hero Factory silver).Thanks.

Edited by Takanuva The 7th Toa

Thanks for the info,So the 1.0 Hero Canister sets like Furno and Stormer could come with the new 2011 black ball-cup piece for their ankles or weapon arm (http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/showBrick.aspx?item=4610948&lod=5&size=2) ?I also heard that ANY 2010 silver parts could be the "new" silver (silver in Breez's weapons, silver in Surge's weapons, silver arms of Surge, all of Bulk, etc.) Has anyone found the new silver being used on these sets, or say, Furno 1.0's weapons? Does anyone have any side-by-side comparison pictures of the two different silver color parts?I would just like to know this in case I order extra 1.0 weapons (like extra Furno blades), as to be aware of the parts color variants and be able to tell them apart (old Bionicle silver vs new 2011 Hero Factory silver).Thanks.

There's a pic comparing two variants of Surge's arms somewhere, but I can never seem to find it on Brickshelf or Flickr when I'm looking for it. You can easily see the difference if you compare silver propellors from 2011 LEGO Atlantis sets and 2010 LEGO Atlantis sets. The 2010 sets (at least the ones I have) tend to use the older silver.

I got Furno, Breez, and Surge, and they had the 2008 ones. Then a few weeks later I went back and got Stormer, Stringer, and 2 Bulks, and they had the new ones, and both Bulks were different colors.

Edited by Zarohum

• 6 months later...