GPKK Za - Golden Plastic Krana Kal

Flintsmith

small.jpg

So, I've been making some hard plastic krana.  The one you see here is my 5th attempt and I like it well enough to send it out into the world.

It's a little darker than it looks in these photos.  That's a red head but it looks pale.  I'll try getting pictures out in the sun.

You can see that it's not perfect.   Metallic plastic is accomplished with small flat shiny plates mixed into colored clear plastic.  As the plastic flows the plates line up making the plastic shiny.  If you look at the plates edge-on you see the color of the plastic instead of the plates.  The plastic didn't flow right so there are places that are darker than others.

It's an auction, run the way I used to:  There's a secret maximum price.  The first one there gets it.

I expect that I'll be making more of these.

Here's the link to the whole plastic Bionicle folder  There are a bunch of pictures there.  (I was going to make an animated GIF.)

Here's a little video.  It's sooo tiny.  500K

I'll take cash, random krana, random wild kraata or ...? 

Anyone with GPKK or VMKK .. We should talk.

Here it is with some different lighting.  The top are with the camera's flash.  The bottom ones outside with a cloudy grey sky.

lighting.jpg

Edited by Flintsmith
  • Upvote 1

I'll start off at $20.

- John

It's yours if you want it.  I know the pits weren't clear in the first photos. 

Just curious here, how much would you charge to make a full set of those clear Krana? Perhaps some time in the future I'll be interested.

I really don't know.  The way it is now, I spend a  LOT of time making the mold and they have been breaking after one or two uses.

In theory, I can make multiples which would bring the price way down.  I just got my temperature controller, so that will help.

Do you have any trans purple Kaukaus for sale?

I do.  That's next.

I'll start off at $20.

- John

It's yours if you want it.  I know the pits weren't clear in the first photos. 

Sure, I'll buy it. PM me with payment info and I'll respond with my mailing address. :)

I'm also interested in your plastic custom masks, if/when those are for sale. I'm looking for something unique for a friend of mine who works for Lego and I think one or two of your masks would be perfect.

- John

Hey there Mr. Smith. I'm interested in your trans purple kaukau, and your trans orange Miru. Along with any gpkk your willing to part with.

Let me know.

Mc

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC