What is the most useful Bionicle piece?

Many Bionicle parts are useful, but some are extremely useful and appear in many many MOCs in many different ways.

In your opinion, what are the most useful Bionicle pieces? Feel free to choose several, one from each year or just one. Also, what is the least useful Bionicle piece? Discuss!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Most useful

Double axle hole ball joint (Connects Technic and CCBS, adds articulation, is more secure than the old ball joint)

Y-Socket/Original Bionicle hands (Amazing piece that can serve anywhere in the bulk of a build, also connects Technic and CCBS)

Technic pin and axle connectors in general (Useful for small-scale building)

Least useful

Inika mask (Requires the Inika head to connect and can't look like anything but a face)

Lime green 2007 sockets (Panrahk cursed them)

• Upvote 3

That bottom picture consists of technic pieces, where were around long before Bionicle. Granted, so were the sockets (long live Slizer!) but Bionicle's the one who really used them to their full potential.

The Bohrok eyes are another one that showed up quite a bit elsewhere. And although they are still limited primarily to CCSB sets, the balljoint, through ball-joint, Hordika necks, and Glatorian necks are all very useful pieces too. Oh, and the tri-connectors appeared in some Bionicle sets in their first release too.

:music:

• Upvote 2

Personally, I don't consider most of the pieces listed to be Bionicle, since they are technic at heart. As for bionicle-exclusive pieces, I would probably say that metru chest armor pieces are the most versatile. As for least, I'd go with most pre-molded limbs. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Most of the pieces I can think of aren't exclusively BIONICLE pieces, they came into existence either before or after the initial run.

The only ones I can really think of are the Hordika necks and through-axle ball joints.  Everything else has its place, but they seem the most widely useful.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Excluding Technic and purely decorative parts, I'd say the pieces I use most when MoCing are:

-Vahki hip

-Glatorian neck

-Metru/Vahki thigh

-Hordika neck

-Bohrok eyes in any color, but mostly silver/black

I consider the through axle ball joints to be Technic, but if they are technically Bionicle then add them to the list.

The least useful piece...in my experience, the Nuva legs are pretty terrible. I don't know if they're the worst, but I don't think I've ever used one in a MoC. I don't think the Inika masks are quite as awful as people say, but I've never MoCed with one so I guess that says something. I also think that the Mata body is rather useless. If you want that gear function, it's extremely easy to make with Technic, and the rest of the body is just a big piece of bulk. I use them occasionally, but I still think they're pretty pointless.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Y-joints. So many colours, three different designs. Also, fun fact: y-joints appeared in every Bionicle set in G1 with the exception of the Turaga, McToran, most Bohrok Va, some Rahi and the Boxor. ;)

They were used in all of the Bohrok Va sets.  It was how their heads were constructed.

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

The Ball Cup 3M Ø10.2, Y-joint, Nuva hand, whatever you want to call it. Despite not being introduced in Bionicle, it was and continues to be the most useful. If you don't count the slight mold changes throughout the years, the Y-joint is also the oldest Bionicle piece still in existence. So old, it predates Bionicle itself. (The 2nd oldest would be Guurahk's staff, which has lasted since 2003. The reason it even appeared in the new sets is probably because it was also used back in 2010 with the Stars Rahkshi, so it was the most recently used Rahkshi staff end. I wonder if the molds for the others have been destroyed/melted down.)

EDIT: Oh wait, sorry. The 2nd oldest Bionicle piece still in use are Bohrok eyes. Guurahk's staff-end is 3rd.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I think that new, small, cylinder piece that comes with the new sets might be pretty usefully for MOCers. Oh, and that that one unique piece that comes with LoSS.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The original Toa hands/y-joints. As previously mentioned they weren't introduced strictly for Bionicle but that's certainly what I associate them with! And as far as useful pieces go they rank pretty high on the list for me! Using those, a balljoint and one of the numerous ales available you have the basis for any articulation imaginable!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Excluding the obvious pins and such, I'm actually going to say the Visorak body piece is a personal favorite of mine. I love using it as a torso base for my MOCs.

Do you mean the big colorful part, or the light grey piece with all the axle holes? If you're referring to the latter then I totally agree, an excellent piece that I never hear mentioned.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png