Bring back the Rock Raiders ?

TheMegazordman1

Hello everyone  I was just wondering  who all used to build with the Rock raider Sets of figures   from about 1999 -2000  ? 

If you do not know what Rock raiders is  it was a story line and sets  from lego that was produced  in 1999 to 2000   It was about a group of explorers that are returning home from a space exploration  when their ship is damaged and thrown in to a worm  hole  to a far off Galaxy ,. Their ship has lost its warp drive and must be repaired and re-energized by mining  energy crystals  from a near by planet  .  They do so fighting slugs,  bats, and the dreaded  rock monsters along the way  until they finally find a massive hoard of energy crystals  deep withing the planet and are able to leave   back home .

Now that you know the story of rock raiders  or you may have already knew it , I have a question for you  and that question is . 

If someone was to put a  Idea up on the Lego Idea website  where such things as the back to the future and Ecto-1 sets have been released  that was a idea to bring back the Rock raiders  showing new vehicles and other such things would you vote for it  ?

Now i know lego had the  power miners a few years back but to me that was  to rock raiders   as what  Hero factory is to Bionicle   rock raiders  had the fact that unlike power miners the machines they used had a very  Ridly Scott alien`s  movie look to them like they were real  working machines they even had parts that looked like the paint was worn off and  used like machinery actually does .

So in short if there was a idea put up to bring rock raiders  back  Would you vote for it ?

Probably not. As the years go on, I feel less and less nostalgia for the extremely dated Rock Raiders theme. The builds in the theme were incredibly basic, using lots of bulky, specialized parts; the characters felt overly edgy like so many things from the turn of the millenium; and the color scheme, while unique enough, feels kind of blah compared to those of more recent themes.

I actually greatly preferred Power Miners, which traded juniorized builds for complex and semi-realistic functional models, traded the dour color scheme for a bright one better suited for mining vehicles (with stickered wear and tear that even glowed in the dark), introduced a variety of expressive rock monsters instead of a single lump of brown with one point of articulation, and included a cast of miners with more personality and working-class charm.

If you can create a model that can correct all or most of these flaws while still remaining recognizeable to the classic Rock Raiders theme, I might be willing to support it. But as it stands I'm not dying for the Rock Raiders theme to return in any real capacity.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Probably not. As the years go on, I feel less and less nostalgia for the extremely dated Rock Raiders theme. The builds in the theme were incredibly basic, using lots of bulky, specialized parts; the characters felt overly edgy like so many things from the turn of the millenium; and the color scheme, while unique enough, feels kind of blah compared to those of more recent themes.

I actually greatly preferred Power Miners, which traded juniorized builds for complex and semi-realistic functional models, traded the dour color scheme for a bright one better suited for mining vehicles (with stickered wear and tear that even glowed in the dark), introduced a variety of expressive rock monsters instead of a single lump of brown with one point of articulation, and included a cast of miners with more personality and working-class charm.

If you can create a model that can correct all or most of these flaws while still remaining recognizeable to the classic Rock Raiders theme, I might be willing to support it. But as it stands I'm not dying for the Rock Raiders theme to return in any real capacity.

I see what you mean bout the models being rather blocky and simple. and of course the  rock monsters would need to be updated as well  it really is a shame that they never produced  the lava or  Ice monsters that were seen in the game  . And about your saying of the rock raiders them selves   In the sets I see what htey mean they didnt really have that much personality  but really what minifigs did at the time rock raiders came out  besides maybe the adventures line (anther line that would be awesome to bring back again like with the Pharaoh sets . )  and I will do my best to make a  moc to represent  a possible new set while taking in to  account your  comments .