The Boxor gore

PaleoTiatan

So , in 2002 ( correct me if I'm wrong) we got the Boxor set as the first battle mech in the Bionicle line . The Boxor was built from Bohrok parts to fight the Bohrok  swarm and protect the  villages . Now , the Bohrok were the final form of an Av Matoran . Here is the Horror part The Boxors were built by Matorans from Matorans , just think about it for a moment ... LEGO is scarier than I thought .   

• Upvote 4

:miru:  :voyanui: If anyone wants to learn how to speak Romanian contact me via private message .  :voyanui:  :miru:

The Boxor was built out of Gahlok.

The only things nearby they had available to paint it black and orange were, well.... krana.

Krana aren't part of Av-Matoran (Bohrok are given Krana when they are teleported to the nest), so it's not that creepy. Krana aren't the Av-Matoran's brains.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The only things nearby they had available to paint it black and orange were, well.... krana.

I'm sure the Matoran knew how to make paint, but I agree that it wasn't the greatest priority to make the Boxors look stylish. If you are implying that they used the Krana to paint them, I highly doubt it.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

"The Boxor is made out of Matoran!

They're making our mechs out of Matoran...next thing they'll be breeding them like Ussal...for mechs!

You gotta tell 'em!"

"I promise, I'll tell the Turaga."

"You gotta tell everyone! LISTEN TO ME! BOXOR IS MATORAN!"

Sorry, I had to...

• Upvote 4

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

We are talking about a species that can disassemble and reassemble themselves. Their idea of gore is different from ours. The Bohrok have lost their organic parts, so it's not considered gory or disgusting because they're just spare parts. It's not like wearing somebody's bones, more like borrowing somebody's jacket.

• Upvote 3

aouROFb.png

Agreed, this has been brought up before and it is pretty messed up. Dralcax is right though, the organic part of Av-Matoran doesn't stick around after the transformation into Boor, they're purely mechanical. That said, the mechanical parts of all Bionicel creatures is the part I consider to be a sort of exo-skeleton, so although I was just about to concur with the above opinion, I still think it's a little more like wearing someone's bones than borrowing their jacket :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I've seen this brought up before, and I STILL think it's a bit silly. Do we have any reason to think the Boxor are even painted? Isn't it just as possible that Bohrok have some kind of colored paint or coating that Nuparu and co. just scraped off before or after building the Boxor?

Not to mention that they were underground. Why couldn't they just use minerals as pigments and water/oil/protodermis as a base? All of those things can be found underground, and pigments sourced from the earth can be used to create every color of the rainbow.

I've seen this brought up before, and I STILL think it's a bit silly. Do we have any reason to think the Boxor are even painted? Isn't it just as possible that Bohrok have some kind of colored paint or coating that Nuparu and co. just scraped off before or after building the Boxor?

Not to mention that they were underground. Why couldn't they just use minerals as pigments and water/oil/protodermis as a base? All of those things can be found underground, and pigments sourced from the earth can be used to create every color of the rainbow.

I highly doubt they were taking time to apply pigment of any sort.

Either the color is just to make the sets look cooler (from at least the set designers' POV), or there were parts of those colors in the interiors of Bohrok, methinks.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You think Matoran driving Av-Matoran is messed up?

After the Bohrok-Ka Strike, the Matoran were upgraded to a stronger form using Bohrok parts. That's disturbing. The mechanical body parts of Av-Matoran are now built into the new Matoran. 

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

While we're on this subject again. It's not just the colours that come from nowhere. What about the parts of the boor that AREN'T made from bohrok? For starters there's a matoran arm in there. These were never included in any sets other than the Matoran themselves so that should make you worry right there... Then there are the hoses of course and other various gears and connectors, though I think it's safe to assume that these could have been built by the matoran who created it. Still have to wonder though. And where did they get that arm???

• Upvote 1

While we're on this subject again. It's not just the colours that come from nowhere. What about the parts of the boor that AREN'T made from bohrok? For starters there's a matoran arm in there. These were never included in any sets other than the Matoran themselves so that should make you worry right there... Then there are the hoses of course and other various gears and connectors, though I think it's safe to assume that these could have been built by the matoran who created it. Still have to wonder though. And where did they get that arm???

I think you're confusing the story with the set. Of course the set isn't going to only have Bohrok pieces in it, otherwise it would just be a glorified combiner. In the story the Matoran may have built the Boxor from Bohrok, but that would have made for a boring set, and there's no reason to limit the design that way.

Overall I think this topic is reaching pretty far in trying to add horror to the story. Yes it's a bit of a shock to find out the Bohrok were once Matoran, and If I remember correctly the characters reacted accordingly, but things like "they painted them with KRANA BLOOD" are a bit absurd and make the whole thing seem silly.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Remember the long scene with Nuparu welding, for a long time, with that "dramatic heroic welder" music? :P

The parts aren't left in their "raw" Bohrok shapes. And yes, as Bfa says, in-story the Bohrok aren't designed just like the set. The set is made that way to work as a plastic toy. So the "raw" shapes aren't necessarily what you see with Bohrok anyways; the sets are representations.

Plus, the resulting Boxor set is also a representation of what the Boxor "would actually be" if it was a real universe. So the pieces picked for that aren't really relevant either. So, the Mctoran arm is for styling in set-design. It's not a Matoran arm, anymore than it is in a Mahi goat.

Short answer: This is LEGO. They re-use parts in sets, regardless of the storyline explanation. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah good points, I wasn't really expecting it to be from a matoran anyway I guess :P I do tend to think too much of the sets as accurate representations without thinking about it but that's a discussion for another time and place (and has been had several times before!)

Wait a second! Krana are living beings themselves, Intelligent ones at that, and are presumably being ... ground ... up... HOLY SWEET MATA NUI THE MATORAN ARE GRINDING UP HELPLESS LITTLE FACE CREATURES!

Well, being able to process the instructions "clean it all" and "remove what opposes" is intelligence if you are very flexible with the definition of that word

• Upvote 2

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

This is one bit of evidence showing Lego didn't quite plan out as much as they thought.

I think the idea that the Bohrok were related to the Toa and Matoran was known from the start (there were some vague teaser images that suggested an evolutionary connection, and Bohrok have some Matoran-like traits like accordion-joint arms and two-toed feet).

The fact that they were transformed Matoran, and specifically transformed Av-Matoran, strikes me as a later decision, but I don't know for sure how the concept developed before becoming what we saw in the final story.