Your Favorite Bionicle 2015 Sets

Favorite Bionicle 2015 Sets per Box Size  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the majority of people here have gotten their hands on some, if not all, of the new Bionicle 2015 sets, I thought it would be a good time to make a poll and see which of these sets people like the most. 

Since the sets in different box sizes (small, medium, and large), I decided to separate the sets into categories depending on the size of their box. 

I personally don't want to vote in this poll yet, because I'm still looking for four sets and I don't want to vote until I have bought all of them myself. But that doesn't mean others can't vote though.

So, what are your favorite Bionicle 2015 sets?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Large: Tahu. If I didn't think he was iconic before, he is now. The new system really brings out the whole leader vibe.

Medium: GALI. I've always been a fan of the water Toa and Gali is no exception. In fact, this set is my favorite of the entire line up. I just love her character and design. She's so streamlined and yet looks so powerful, just like one of the guys. Her power up mode is arguably the best out of all six Toa.

Small: Protector of Water. Again, I've always loved the water sets. The twin turbines on the shoulders really help the whole scuba diver look. Also, love the trans blue pieces.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I won't vote until I have more sets, but right now my favorite large Toa is Kopaka, and my favorite medium Toa is Gali. I still don't have Tahu or Lewa though. As for the Protectors, it's probably going to be the Protector of Jungle. Earth is amazing, but his weapons stink (his chest is amazing). The Protector of Ice would absolutely be my favorite if he had elbows, but that wouldn't be possible without ruining his proportions which make him so special...

IetTsFQ.png

Went with Kopaka, Pohatu and PoJungle though the currently more popular PoS almost got my vote. I like the PoJ weapon but it's too big really...

Surprised Kopaka hasn't got more votes, Tahu IS a great set but there's just something about Kopaka that I prefer personally...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Sounds like most people are voting for PoS? I had high expectations for him, but once I had him in hand he didn't feel so special. His back is seriously lacking some decor, and his weapon - while cool looking - is extremely hard to pose when held with both hands. I'm also not blown away by the translucent light green with brown. The only thing that I love about him is how long his arms and legs are, because they make him very easy to move around.

IetTsFQ.png

Large: Onua 

Medium: Gali w/ Skull Spider bodies on her hips, but if she doesn't have those, I pick Pohatu.

Small: PoE, purple just looks awesome.

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Medium: Gali w/ Skull Spider hips, Pohatu if she doesn't.

Wait, what?...

Hold the phone, huh?...

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Medium: Gali w/ Skull Spider bodies on her hips, but if she doesn't have those, I pick Pohatu.

Small: PoE, purple just looks awesome.

Please tell me you're kidding. 

About picking Pohatu? He looks pretty solid.

• Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Large: Kopaka.

Pretty solid set. He is well armoured, and has some nice weapons. In my eyes, these sets are equal in quality, so Kopaka makes it to my number one spot because Kopaka is my favourite Toa.

Medium: Gali.

I have a little nitpicky problem with the other sets which set Gali apart from the others in terms of quality. Lewa's general look is unexciting, Pohatu's Stomerangs aren't very good weapons, and the LoSS's Technic build doesn't add very much to the set - only a lame function. On the other hand, I love Gali's colour scheme and her weapons. There aren't really any noticeable flaws for me.

Small: Protector of Jungle.

This was a close one. I nearly voted for the Protector of Earth, but the Protector of Jungle's awesome bow won me over. The Protector doesn't have noticeable flaws and has a solid build, and, as previously mentioned, I really like the Protector's weapon.

That's enough of my insignificant babbling for now.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

He's large, formidable, has a lot of functions, all in all, I really like him.

Small: Lewa

I feel that, despite Lewa is bulkier than before, he's a very solid set. The biggest of the small (I think), has a good set of pose-ability, I really like him.

Protector: Ice

Gun with a sawblade? COUNT ME IN!

Large: Tahu. The only one for whom gold does not ruin the colour scheme, he looks powerful, fiery and awesome. I've always liked the more noble and heroic looking sets, so Onua doesn't really do it for me. As for Kopaka, the colour scheme is atrocious and what is up with his lower legs? Also, stickers. No thanks.

Medium: Pohatu. I have Lewa, who I love, but the lack of head movement is frustrating. I like the simplicity of Pohatu. He looks sleek and entirety functional. And Gali? Good set, I guess, though again I wish they'd chosen just one metallic colour and stuck to it.

Small: Protector of Jungle. Knees, elbows, huge bow...I'm sold!

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

While I don't have all the sets yet, I definitely will make my decisions based on what I have seen/built.

Large: Tahu! This set is just so awesome. He looks armoured (and just the right amount of it too!) and the back blades really add to his aesthetic. Love the Lava Blade weapons and the colour scheme is pretty consistent. Also, his shoulder armour is pretty sweet.

Medium: Don't have Lewa yet, but man he is cool. I love the pretty-original colour scheme and his shoulder blades. Plus, his weapons are really nice.

Small: Protector of Earth. Purple + Black is a beautiful combo - glad they brought it back! - and his chest cannon is the most original use of a launcher since Keetongu in 05. Absolutely awesome.

They are all wonderfully solid sets!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Does anyone know what this means yet?  :???:  It's been edited to make a little more grammatical sense but as far as I can tell is still nonsense. Why would Gali possibly have Skull Spider bodies on her hips? You got a thing for big butts or something Chasm?!

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Does anyone know what this means yet?  :???:  It's been edited to make a little more grammatical sense but as far as I can tell is still nonsense. Why would Gali possibly have Skull Spider bodies on her hips? You got a thing for big butts or something Chasm?!

Basically: someone suggested attaching skull spider bodies to her hips to make her a bit curvier. Presumably, the comment you're confused about means that this person likes Pohatu more unless you mod Gali in the aforementioned manner.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For me, Onua, Gali, and the Protector of Jungle, with Gali being my favorite overall.

Gali is pretty average among the Toa, but it's a look that she wears very well. She has a great, streamlined design that really suits a Toa of Water and helps her look very feminine. She has possibly the best printed torso pattern of any of the Toa, with lots of great elemental detail and colorful asymmetry, and her color scheme is really well organized. Her equipment is cool in battle mode, adrenalin mode, and even her "Power Up" mode with the Protector of Water. The fact that she can wear her shark fins as a single fin is a nice bonus, which could almost be said to be a fourth mode for her design. Oh, and I love her mask. Best mask for any Toa of Water ever in my eyes.

Onua, on the other hand, is anything but average. He has an extraordinarily unique build that gives him a powerful, muscular torso, despite still being the shortest of the new Toa (tied with Pohatu). His physique is reminiscent of Toa Mahri Kongu, another set I liked — but Onua pulls that look off a lot better since his torso and legs have considerably more volume and his weapons are much more unique. His weapons look great and allow for great poses in both Battle Mode and Adrenalin Mode. Even his color scheme is exciting. I am not a huge fan of his "Power Up" mode, though.

The Protector of Jungle is very tall and lanky, with about the same proportions as the Protector of Stone but less of a bowlegged stance. However, his torso still has a cute roundness to it (the presence of back armor is a big part of what pushes him ahead of the Protector of Stone in my eyes), and his color scheme is extremely vibrant and dynamic. I love his Air Elemental Flame Bow, which is a clever two-handed weapon that allows for some fantastic poses.

Edited by Aanchir

For the large set I chose Kopaka because I have a bias towards the ice Toas but i feel like his new bulky build suits him pretty well, the only problem I have with him is the silver and gold being used in conjuction with each other in this set but overall I like everything else about this set.

In my opinion Gali is by far the best looking Toa out of them all. She provides a consistent color scheme while having the right amount of buik. The only problem i had with this set was balancing her with her axe.

And finally I chose the Protector of The Jungle because i like his color scheme and that weapon he has, not much else to say about this set.

I've built all the sets now, so I finally voted in my own poll. :P

1. Tahu. I felt he had the best look out of the three of them, though Kopaka and Onua had great looks too.

2. This one was a close one between Lewa and Gali, but I went with Lewa. Even though Gali has a great set, I just don't like how her shoulder armor is built. I feel like Lewa's build flows together a little more, and his weapons were great to boot.

3. The Protector of Earth. I would've voted for the Protector of Ice, but him not having elbows lost him that vote. :P Also, the Earth Protector has one of my favorite weapons out of all the Protector sets. 

So since I already got all the large sets then I should start with Gali for the medium sized toa according to this poll?

Gali does come in a mediem sized box, so I believe the answer to your question is yes.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png