Protector Kaita

Irrie

We don't know if Kaita are canon or not for Gen 2, but I don't see why we can't build them anyway! 
Behold, Ngaire, Protector of Stone, Fire, and Earth and Mere, Protector of Water, Ice, and Jungle.

They were made from all 2015 Protector parts, with the exception of one socket, and a few red axles.
Also, the picture quality should be better than that of my other MOCs, since I'm using a different camera. 

Ngaire:
Pose
Left weapon
Back
Right weapon
Front

Mere:
Pose
Left weapon
Back
Right weapon
Front

Together:
Chillin'
v.s. LOSS
Best Buds

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I love these combinations! They look epic! Though it feels strange to see them looking like they have tails, I love how they are built!:) I wish something like these would be canon for Gen 2. I hope it can happen like this, like in the old 2001 and 2003 days.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Not bad as an idea but the final outcome feels overdone and under developed at some points, for example the tail doesn't feel like something they should have, not to mention the over stacked weapons, that are just the weapons of the original sets.

Thanks for the critique!

I was a little cautious with the weapons, because I planned on reassembling the Protectors afterward, so I didn't want to have to deal with rebuilding the blasters and whatnot. 

I love these combinations! They look epic! Though it feels strange to see them looking like they have tails, I love how they are built! :) I wish something like these would be canon for Gen 2. I hope it can happen like this, like in the old 2001 and 2003 days. :)

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed them! 

I added the tails because they were a way to use more pieces, and they gave them a more unique look to stand out from my other MOCs. 

bZpOwEr

It does look like you tried to use as many parts as you could, but it's nice to see Protector Kaita. Mere is my favorite because of the weapon on his back, and I think his colors are a lot better than Ngaire. The huge arm on Ngaire is an interesting idea, but it came out looking sort of limp.

Some cool ideas, just a little messy.

IetTsFQ.png

I like the idea of these combiners. It's been a long time since we've had the smaller sets combine into a massive creation, and I like how you're bringing back the Kaita. Between the two of them, I'd have to say I like Ngaire better than Mere. Ngaire seems to be better balanced, albeit slightly. The left weapon seems to weight it down quite a bit, and the legs seem a bit flimsy, but when you only have the sets to work with you don't get the best choices. Mere, on the other hand, seems really spindly. It reminds me more of a Vorox than of a Protector or a Kaita, and the tail seems like it could throw the whole thing off balance.

I do like the idea of tails on the Kaita, however. The original Kaita from 2001 were very humanoid, and the Toa Kaita represented ideals like Valor and Wisdom, very sentient things, and I assume the Matoran Kaita would most likely mirror those, just like how they mirrored the actual build by using three torsos to create one. The tails give these combiners a more wild feel, and the Protector sets themselves seem to be more about the importance of nature than of the individual, so I see it somewhat fitting to make the Protector Kaita to be a little more wild, a little more animal. In these forms they are probably more in tune with their elements, and I like the idea of the Kaita being these perfect melds of nature and humanoid.

Finally, I really like the names. The only thing I would do to those is somehow find a way to combine the three elements into one, like "Ngaire, Protector of Magma" and "Mere, Protector of Atmosphere", or "Gaia" and "Caelum", or whatever you deem fit. It could even be "Land" and "Sea". Only reason why I recommend this is that "Stone, Earth, and Fire" and "Ice, Water, and Jungle" seem a tad bit long.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

I like Mere a lot better than Ngaire - as others have set, they look a bit busy. However, Mere has really nice implementation of armour and looks pretty titanic - whereas Ngaire looks flimsy and overall busy. It's a really cool idea though, and a great effort. May I suggest you tackle the Protector Nui? ;)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I like Mere a lot better than Ngaire - as others have set, they look a bit busy. However, Mere has really nice implementation of armour and looks pretty titanic - whereas Ngaire looks flimsy and overall busy. It's a really cool idea though, and a great effort. May I suggest you tackle the Protector Nui? ;)

-NotS

Oooh, Protector Nui. That's going to be a tough one. Give me a few days, I might think of something. 

Some cool ideas, just a little messy.

You should see my bedroom floor in the middle of a MOCing session. That's messy.

I like the idea of these combiners. It's been a long time since we've had the smaller sets combine into a massive creation, and I like how you're bringing back the Kaita. Between the two of them, I'd have to say I like Ngaire better than Mere. Ngaire seems to be better balanced, albeit slightly. The left weapon seems to weight it down quite a bit, and the legs seem a bit flimsy, but when you only have the sets to work with you don't get the best choices. Mere, on the other hand, seems really spindly. It reminds me more of a Vorox than of a Protector or a Kaita, and the tail seems like it could throw the whole thing off balance.

If I might revisit Mere, and I'll probably make his arms shorter. That might get rid of the spindlyness. 

However when I was planning these guys I wanted Mere to look slightly spindly, giving him a sort of exotic vibe. That's also why he's got the 'hunchback' neck and a scorpion tail. I'm pretty please with how Ngarie turned out, being the one that looks stronger, and is somewhat taller. I wanted to add a chestplate on him to add to that effect, but the way his torso is built, doing so would prohibit any forward leg movement, making him almost impossible to pose. 

I do like the idea of tails on the Kaita, however. The original Kaita from 2001 were very humanoid, and the Toa Kaita represented ideals like Valor and Wisdom, very sentient things, and I assume the Matoran Kaita would most likely mirror those, just like how they mirrored the actual build by using three torsos to create one. The tails give these combiners a more wild feel, and the Protector sets themselves seem to be more about the importance of nature than of the individual, so I see it somewhat fitting to make the Protector Kaita to be a little more wild, a little more animal. In these forms they are probably more in tune with their elements, and I like the idea of the Kaita being these perfect melds of nature and humanoid.

Wow, that's deep. Thank you, I'm glad you appreciate them.

Finally, I really like the names. The only thing I would do to those is somehow find a way to combine the three elements into one, like "Ngaire, Protector of Magma" and "Mere, Protector of Atmosphere", or "Gaia" and "Caelum", or whatever you deem fit. It could even be "Land" and "Sea". Only reason why I recommend this is that "Stone, Earth, and Fire" and "Ice, Water, and Jungle" seem a tad bit long.

Hm, good point. I'll keep that in mind for the Protector Nui.

Protectors of Land and Sea does have a nice ring to it. 

Thank you all for this feedback. These are my first MOCs that have had so much reception, so this means a lot. 

bZpOwEr