Jaller - Captain of the Ta-Koto Guard (2015 Jaller Revamp)

joev14

So, ever since I saw the 2015 Takua MOC, I've wanted to make a 2015 Jaller MOC.

Jaller is the Captain of the Ta-Koto Guard, a team of defenders who protect the gates of Ta-Koto. This team is armed with elemental fire blasters and shields. Together, they battle the Skull Spiders while Tahu searches for his Golden Mask.

Pictures link to larger ones on brickshelf. Please upvote and comment! :D

jaller1edit.jpg

jaller2edit.jpg

The build replaces the original yellow with gold, as you can see. This is my first MOC using any CCBS bone parts. While I do like the articulation, I feel like it really limits the build.

Incidentally, you can build this model with the Protector of Fire, Tahu, and Kopaka 2015 models.

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 9

Looks good! And I know what you mean with the limit ccbs sometimes. I wish they had more holes for pins and axles. But you need a lot of HF parts to get a good MOC going with them, and with the new Toa its the only CCBS I have.

Too bad there isn't more of a variety of colors in the masks so we can recreate the villagers of mata nui. But I like what you did with the build. Seems a little black-heavy for a Ta-matoran.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Okay the first thing I want to bring up is the shield, why build it that way, it would be a lot better the other way. 

Anyway, the MOC is a meh and don't know if you had other HF sets but it do need more red and it would be a lot better IMO, also I do like the gun.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

it would be a lot better the other way. 

Oh pray tell, what is The Other Way?

Joe, this is a cool little MOC. I like how you worked within the confines of the restrictions given to you. Gold really isn't working for me as Jaller, but there is not really any way around that, I suppose. And I'm not sure if I dig the bulky armoured look for a protector, but if it had to be anyone then the Captain of the guard makes the most sense. Gunhammer is pretty nifty too.

Hope to see more of your stuff in the future!

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

it would be a lot better the other way. 

Oh pray tell, what is The Other Way?

Sorry, I gotten up somewhere at that time, I meant to say to change the glatorian neck with a balljoint or just use a balljoint with a axle.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I like this, though agree with several points raised so far. It would of course be great to see him in a yellow Hau but that's impossible right now. I also wonder about the shield handle as SWH mentions but have no idea what parts you had at your disposal for it so maybe the method you have is the best! 

Something I'd like to see is a yellow 2001 Hau on this set and a throwing disk instead of the blaster. I know that isn't the point of the MoC but I still think it'd be pretty neat :D

Good job though, look forward to seeing more Matoran but expect it'll have to wait a while due to the limited colour palette we have right now!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Nicely done! I think this model is deemed set-worthy, by my standards.

I have to agree with that. You did a very good job with this MOC. The color scheme is pretty good with the way you've layered the black, red, and gold. Were there not enough gold pieces to have a gold shoulder pad on the left shoulder? It seems a little weird to only have the one shoulder pad.

signoff2.png

Nicely done! I think this model is deemed set-worthy, by my standards.

I have to agree with that. You did a very good job with this MOC. The color scheme is pretty good with the way you've layered the black, red, and gold. Were there not enough gold pieces to have a gold shoulder pad on the left shoulder? It seems a little weird to only have the one shoulder pad.

signoff2.png

Asymmetric design is something I actually quite like with the new 2015 sets, so I decided to throw a shoulder pad on just one side. It makes sense too, based off the way he's facing, it acts as another shield to protect him when he's firing his blaster. 

I'm actually a fan of the asymmetric shoulder armour. There's very little visible red as it is and adding more gold would not only worsen the situation but also swamp him in gold. If there were yellow parts as well then it wouldn't be such a problem but right now that's not the case!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

• 2 weeks later...