Video Game Lego Themes

IcarusBen

Not to be confused with Lego-themed video games, I want to know what video games you want adapted into LEGO themes.

I personally think The Elder Scrolls would make good sets, but not really in the target audience. In that case, LEGO Kirby would be a cool idea. Give the Kirby minifigure a bunch of interchangeable hats per set to correspond with his different abilities.

Plus, he's SO OBNOXIOUSLY CUTE!

• Upvote 1

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Portal! I was so sad when that project failed to pass on Lego Ideas. Perhaps something with less new parts...

I've also drawn up some concepts for Bastion and Transistor, my two favorite games, in Lego, but haven't gone very far with it.

• Upvote 6

Transistor is a fantastic game by Supergiant, the people who made Bastion. One of my favorite games ever, too. It's an indie game that came out at the beginning of 2014.

I, tbh, would probably buy too many Fire Emblem sets, especially if there were sets in Elibe.  

That would drain so much money out of me, even though there is absolutely 0 chances that it will ever happen. xD

Not to be confused with Lego-themed video games, I want to know what video games you want adapted into LEGO themes.

I personally think The Elder Scrolls would make good sets, but not really in the target audience. In that case, LEGO Kirby would be a cool idea. Give the Kirby minifigure a bunch of interchangeable hats per set to correspond with his different abilities.

Plus, he's SO OBNOXIOUSLY CUTE!

I think Kirby would make a terrible Lego theme, just because most structures or buildable elements in the series adhere to video game architecture (doors that go to differently shaped rooms, 2D cave formations, etc.) and not actual structures that'd make for good sets. Plus, a lot of Kirby's charm comes from its detail (stripey plains, gem-encrusted caves, etc.) that would not look as good converted to mono-color bricks.

I'd love a Lego theme based on a Nintendo property, but options are relatively limited. K'nex has the Mario license, Ionix has the Pokémon license. The Zelda license is probably the highest-profile license that's available, and even it might arguably be considered too niche, as a franchise limited to owners of one company's consoles, which often goes several years between major game releases. More niche series could conceivably be done through Lego Ideas for a more conservatively-sized release, but Ideas projects can't include new molds and for series with unique character designs, that's hugely limiting. Star Fox could MAYBE be done with Chima heads, and F-Zero has a lot of basic human characters without wild hair or cartoony designs. But otherwise you're pretty limited as to what you can pick.

As for other companies' franchises? There are very few hit games on the scale of Minecraft which fit Lego's brand image. Many of the best-selling games are shooters and other mature and/or grim games. Others are realistic to the point of total irrelevance—why would Lego ever pursue a Madden license, for instance, rather than going straight to the NFL themselves? And even games which are ostensibly "kid-friendly" don't necessarily fit the Lego brand—for instance, does Lego really want to be associated with the extortionate F2P mechanics of popular mobile games like Candy Crush Saga? Again, Ideas broadens the range of potential franchises while limiting those which are possible—any franchise which would require any sort of new mold for a lead character or important object is a no-go.

I have a number of game-based designs on my computer built in Lego Digital Designer, in various states of completion. Almost all are pipe dreams as far as an official theme is concerned, and many will likely never see the light of day. Ace Attorney—bad brand fit (even setting aside the occasional mature themes, few kids want to play lawyers). Fire Emblem—bad brand fit, needs new molds, too niche. Metroid—same deal. The only one I have that seems remotely feasible is a Professor Layton set design—while niche, it's big in Europe and would be a good fit for Lego Ideas due to not really needing new molds. And I'd like to be able to mock up some conceptual prints for the figs and other parts before submitting it. And even then, it'd be an uphill battle, because the audience isn't as engaged as Minecraft's by a long shot.

In short, I'd love for there to be more video game-based themes in the future, but as of now that future seems a long way off.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would like to see a Lego version of Super Smash Bros. I think that could be a neat game if made correctly. 

And though I know it would never come to be, a Lego Terminator game also sounds like it would be a lot of fun to play.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Infamous, Infamous 2, and Infamous Second Son sets would be awesome.

Video Game Lego themes that will never happen: Dark Souls Dark Souls 2 Demon's Souls (the bosses would be constraction fugures), Prototype (constraction theme), Silent Hill, and many more that I can't think of right now.

Other games that while cool will never be Lego sets: Lords of The Fallen, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Evolve, Halo, The Darkness (definitely a constraction theme), and Tomb Raider.

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

The surprise was vampires!

• 2 weeks later...

FTL: Faster Than Light. Imagine a LEGO version of the ships, with a couple of cells that can be clipped on like upgrades. Like in the game, there would be no ceiling, so you can look down into the ship and move characters around to different stations. There could be two good ships (Kestrel and Engi cruisers, though a Stealth cruiser would make a great set), and two alien ships (Mantis and Zoltan). There could also be minifigures sold separately, so you can build a crew. There's even an opportunity for some kind of meta game, like each set could come with cards so you can battle your friends. Play features could include fire-able missiles and lasers, opening/closing doors and hatches, and Technic-triggered breaches (flip a switch to break a hole in the hull).

Age of Empires II. Click the link, 'nuff said.

If there were TES sets, they would be for Skyrim (although it's probably a little late for that even). Some ideas for cool sets could be Whiterun (I think that place is small enough to work well as a set), a Nordic dungeon fit with some fun traps and a dragon claw key, an Orc Stronghold (with play features that you would find in a Keep, like traps and bandit Orcs), an ice cave, Riverwood, a Whiterun scene (with tan grass, a couple of wolves, a bandit campsite with a a note and books perhaps), a Giants' camp (two or three giants, a huge fire, a mammoth, some mammoth cheese, a large chest, and some rocks and grass), a dragon, and an inn. Typing all that out got me excited, now I want to design some in LDD. :D 

IetTsFQ.png

Other games that while cool will never be Lego sets: Lords of The Fallen, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Evolve, Halo, The Darkness (definitely a constraction theme), and Tomb Raider.

*cough* Halo already is a construction set. They have them out. The reason I know this is I see it on the shelves and I also have the arctic warthog in my collection. I think Megablocks releases them.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

*cough* Halo already is a construction set. They have them out. The reason I know this is I see it on the shelves and I also have the arctic warthog in my collection. I think Megablocks releases them.

Those Mega Block Halo sets look really cool. Too bad they're Mega Blocks though.  :annoyed:

IetTsFQ.png

While it's not a particularly popular series, the Metroid series is chock full of great locations to make into Lego sets, especially Retro Studios' Metroid Prime games. Architecture like Skytown, Sanctuary Fortress, Tourian, and Artifact Temple could translate into interesting playsets that don't require new parts, while natural environments like Tallon Overworld, Brinstar, and Phendrana Drifts could add some variety. Then there's Samus' wonderful gunship. 

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls obviously have no chance as M-rated games, but they have tons of wonderful castle and ruin locations to make into sets. Sen's Fortress particularly would be a great set with all its traps like rolling boulders and swinging axes, and Anor Londo would be beautiful. Of course, you could probably build those with existing Lego parts (Though Anor Londo would require a lot of gold or yellow). There are also some really good armor sets that could make great addition to the existing collection of castle-themed minifigures. 

Edited by Latrodectus

Pokemon would make an interesting adaptation, though TLG would probably want to stick with the more famous ones.  I think there's currently 400?  500? entries in the Pokedex.  And if you looked around you probably could find a good deal of brickified Pokemon (PokeMOCs?) already.

On a side note, it'd be a great thing to include in a Creator-type set, since a lot of Pokemon use the same color schemes.  You could have a set with just electric-types, water-types, plant-types... that kindof idea.  Or have something like the X-pods, and keep the parts for your six-monster team with you.  And do the pod with red and white plastic.

And Portal.  I demand a Lego GLaDOS  :P

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Pokémon would be cool I guess. If you made the pokemon mini-figures you could have a Poke-center set with nurse joy and her pokemon. Or a Pokemart, even a Gym that comes with the leader and some of his pokemon. Though larger pokemon lie Onyx may be miniature sets of their own...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I like the idea of Pokemon creator sets for certain types. Perhaps with a gym leader minifig for each specific type (For example, Blaine or Flannery would be the minifig for the Fire pack).

Dark Souls 2 is rated T.

Forgot about that. Still probably out of age range, but I'd love the Iron Keep or the Grave of Saints.

Edited by Latrodectus

I'd love an Oblivion theme. Here are some ideas for sets:

Imperial City: The largest set, with various shops, crates and barrels, guards, the dungeon entrance, the Arcane University, the Thieves Guild, the temple with the dragon statue, and the garden area with the well. Oh, and the trader that looks like he's in the Dark Brotherhood, who only comes out at night. Would likely cost a few hundred dollars.

Ayleid Dungeon: White and mossy, with skeletons, zombies, rats, and a wraith. A couple of traps, and a room with lots of Welkynd Stones, and one of the white ones. Also some chests with loot.

Ayleid Ruins: The entrance of an Ayleid Dungeon, including lots of columns, and a beach scene with a Nirnroot and a couple of Mudcrabs. Also a bandit camp with two bandits, and a small dock. Basically the ruins right across from the starter dungeon's exit.

Bruma: A medium-sized set with two or three buildings from Bruma (a store and the inn with the Thieves Guild fence), the gate, a couple of walls, some pine trees, and a signpost pointing to Bruma. Everything should be covered in snow.

Chapel: A large set, basically a replica of a chapel with some of the characters from Kvatch's chapel. Could have an entrance to the Undercroft, but the Undercroft itself would probably not fit.

Oblivion Gate: A gate to Oblivion, complete with some rubble, rocks, trees, and a couple of Scamps.

Plane of Oblivion: Second largest set, complete with lava, lots of Blood Grass and Harrada, a couple of Spiddle Sticks, a tower that opens a gate, and a Sigil. Minifigures could include a Dremora, a Flame Atronach, a Clannfear, and three Scamps.

Necromancer Cult: A small set with two necromancers, a zombie, a skeleton, a table with medical supplies, and a blue fire.

Cabin: A medium-sized set with a small cabin, containing lots of fruit and vegetables in crates/barrels and plates/bowls on tables, as well as a bookshelf with some books. Outside of the cabin there could be grass and rocks, and like a dozen harvest-able flora.

Each set could come with an adventurer of a different race, like Orcs, Elves, Bretons, etc.

I would also love a Dead Space theme, and I made a couple of Diablo 3 sets in LDD. Diablo looks really good in LEGO! Obviously none of this is stuff that LEGO would license but it's still fun to come up with them.

IetTsFQ.png

Lego Lines that will never exist (sadly):

Assassin's Creed.

Watch_Dogs

Five Night's At Freddy's

Portal & Portal 2

Half-Life

Dishonored

Legend of Zelda

Halo

Mario

Mass Effect

Mortal Kombat

Tomb Raider

TES

The Batman Arkham Series.

Splinter Cell

And a lot more I can't remember at the moment.

• Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Kindof off topic, but has anyone else looked at a Bohrok and thought it was like Sonic the Hedgehog?

I know... how about pong or Packman? lol.

Pong could actually be fun with a functioning playset. It'd have to be on its side so gravity doesn't mess up the ball, but I could see it working. 

Yeah, you could have it like there was a sort of ridge in the middle of the field, so that the ball would roll to one side... maybe it would be like a pinball machine.  With two players.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Wow I was joking about pong because it was the very first video-game. Who knew it would be so well liked.. Speaking of, A sly cooper set with trap doors and hidden treasures or escape routes... I like this idea too.

Onua.png

Kindof off topic, but has anyone else looked at a Bohrok and thought it was like Sonic the Hedgehog?

I know... how about pong or Packman? lol.

Pong could actually be fun with a functioning playset. It'd have to be on its side so gravity doesn't mess up the ball, but I could see it working. 

Yeah, you could have it like there was a sort of ridge in the middle of the field, so that the ball would roll to one side... maybe it would be like a pinball machine.  With two players.

Bohrok? I either see them as racers, cleaning supplies, or tree ornaments.

Superglue one together and you get a ball. 

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Yeah I could see there being a Sonic the hedgehog MOC with the Bohrok as a reference.

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...

Metal Gear could be cool I could see Solid and Liquid having their own minifigures and there being a Mech set for the Gears themselves. Some of those MetalGears looked quite cool IMO.

EDIT: Oh dang... I just thought of a great one... Cromehounds. It was an x-box game where one could create custom mechs from a random assortment of parts. It would work great for lego because the parts were interchangeable and mixable. There were near endless customizability of the sets in-game.

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

Onua.png

Pokemon would make an interesting adaptation, though TLG would probably want to stick with the more famous ones. I think there's currently 400? 500? entries in the Pokedex.

There are currently 721 Pokemon, actually. You must have missed the last few generations. :P

I agree that any Metroid sets would be glorious, and if they were of the Prime series they would definitely have me lining up to throw money at Lego.

~B~

• Upvote 1

Mine craft

Yay I'm playing a character made up of bricks to look like a brick?

'Das just a high resolution version of Minecraft.

Although considering TLG already has actual Minecraft figures etc. then basically you're playing Minecraft copy because everyone concerned had a brainholiday.

Additionally it would probably just be Minecraft but in higher quality. (& more things to collect)

Really it would just be an example of how to not make money whilst showing what could have been done that may have been redundant collectibles that only work if Minecraft wasn't there in the first place which is the 5th tautology. JOKES

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Well, it's unlikely to see PAYDAY and XCOM having lego sets but one can dream (but XCOM would be close to having sets because heck, they have lego Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones).

But a good video game lego theme would maybe a Lego Mountain (The greatest game ever made :P) even if it going to just have one or two sets.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 4 weeks later...

Legend of Zelda

Elder Scrolls

Half-Life

Metroid

Mega-Man

Dark Souls

Mortal Kombat (I don't care how they make them, I just want Scorpion and Sub-Zero minifigs)

Street Fighter

God of War (I want a Kratos fig)

Metal Gear Solid

Infinity Blade

Splinter Cell

Hitman (I want a Hitman fig)

Castlevania

Uncharted

Those are all I can think of atm, but there are probably more that I can remember that I'd love see turned into a theme or figs.

Edited by You just lost the game

67685335.jpg