33152e97-3b42-4fdb-bf8e-6cd059ff72c5_zps

The Verdelisks are a species of Protector-sized dragon-like reptiles that are native to Okoto's jungle region (though a few sometimes wander into the swamps of the Region of Water). Their wings are too small for them to fly; at best, they can glide for short distances, which is enough to allow them to hop from tree to tree. When in large open spaces, the Verdelisks use their wings for short hops, giving them a notable speed boost.

The villagers of the jungle have tamed a few Verdelisks and sometimes use them to carry goods as part of a caravan. These individuals wear special harnesses with containers on them. What they gain in storage, they lose in speed, as they have difficulty using their wings while wearing the harnesses.

Other pictures:

Top picture-larger

All fours

Gliding

back

With harness

Opened container

Upright with harness

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob
  • Upvote 4

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Very nice job and very original build! It's nice to see some older parts being used in there too, I don't know why but many of the MoCs we've seen recently seem to be of the opinion that it's CCBS or technic and that's IT which seems to restrict them unnecessarily... I like the story that some of these have been tamed, perhaps they could be the Gukko birds of 2015? Good for Air-Flying yes? Or Air-Gliding anyway :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Very nice job and very original build! It's nice to see some older parts being used in there too, I don't know why but many of the MoCs we've seen recently seem to be of the opinion that it's CCBS or technic and that's IT which seems to restrict them unnecessarily... I like the story that some of these have been tamed, perhaps they could be the Gukko birds of 2015? Good for Air-Flying yes? Or Air-Gliding anyway :D

Not sure about that one. the flying/gliding aspect not the being a possible new version of the "Gukko birds(?)" He says they are too small to fly on their own and the harness only hampers that further.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Thanks for your comments!

Very cool MOC there. What parts did you use?

The torso is made of a green Metru upper body and Stars's Gresh's torso, with a dark green CCBS shell on the empty ball joint. The tail and legs are made of CCBS parts, with a pair of dark green Agori/Av-matoran limbs for the back legs (also from Gresh). The wings use the axe parts that Lewa and Gali come with, along with the skull pieces from the Brain Attack sets. The head uses parts from Toa Matau and Tuma.

Of course, I can do a full parts breakdown/building instructions if you want.

Very nice job and very original build! It's nice to see some older parts being used in there too, I don't know why but many of the MoCs we've seen recently seem to be of the opinion that it's CCBS or technic and that's IT which seems to restrict them unnecessarily...

I'm tempted to pass that off as elitism, but I can sort of see where people come from with that. Old flavor Bionicle and CCBS have different design styles, so I'd imagine that some people don't like the idea of trying to make parts from both systems mesh (since it takes a little work to not make CCBS parts stand out from BIONICLE MOCs, and vice versa).

Also, old flavor Bionicle sets are harder to find nowadays, since Lego isn't making more parts for them any more. From that standpoint, CCBS-only MOCs make sense. Not to mention that for the last three years of Bionicle, the sets were made of notoriously fragile parts that could only be reliably used once without snapping or cracking... :P

I like the story that some of these have been tamed, perhaps they could be the Gukko birds of 2015? Good for Air-Flying yes? Or Air-Gliding anyway :D

Not sure about that one. the flying/gliding aspect not the being a possible new version of the "Gukko birds(?)" He says they are too small to fly on their own and the harness only hampers that further.

Pretty much. They're not really a species meant for flight.

Very nice! The new Nui-Rama maybe?

Thank you for the complement, but no. Somebody already made a new Nui-rama. Several someones. :P

Although, the funny thing is, the Verdelisk actually DID start out as an Okoto-ized version of a Matoran-universe creature: the Phase Dragon. It originally was meant to be a mount for the Okoto residents, and lived in the region of Stone (mostly so I could have something on Pohatu's turf that ran really fast). As I was building it, I eventually decided to make it its own creature (though I may end up building a desert variation in the future).

Edited by Boxorak the Azure Noob

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Nice colerful moc. Glad Im not the only one who wants more "rahi" I think some more silver could put put on it to match the wings other than that i think its fine

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Thanks for your comments!

Very cool MOC there. What parts did you use?

The torso is made of a green Metru upper body and Stars's Gresh's torso, with a dark green CCBS shell on the empty ball joint. The tail and legs are made of CCBS parts, with a pair of dark green Agori/Av-matoran limbs for the back legs (also from Gresh). The wings use the axe parts that Lewa and Gali come with, along with the skull pieces from the Brain Attack sets. The head uses parts from Toa Matau and Tuma.

Of course, I can do a full parts breakdown/building instructions if you want.

I would really like that but wont have much use for it right now other than maybe trying to build it in my LDD. I don't really have a lot of random parts around to make any MOCs.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I like the story that some of these have been tamed, perhaps they could be the Gukko birds of 2015? Good for Air-Flying yes? Or Air-Gliding anyway :D

Pretty much. They're not really a species meant for flight.

True enough I suppose! Still, whatever they would be used for I'd love to see them in the story :)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!