Takanuva and Teridax Face Off in the LEGO Store

Codrex

Its a shame these aren't official sets. I would love to pick them up at a store. :)

But still, these look really cool. Takanuva has a great build and Teridax looks good too, though I think his torso could be a little bigger. I also kind of wish Takanuva was wearing his 03 Mask of Light, to match up with Teridax wearing his original Mask of Shadows. But those are just nitpicks, as these are still really cool. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

By "official" I meant something that one might expect LEGO to post instructions for online. I am totally looking forward to Takanuva's entry into the new canon, but I know this isn't it.

Lego rarely ever releases instructions for alternate models unless the build is made of only the parts of one or two component sets, all of which are currently available. This is clearly not the case here—in fact, several of the parts haven't appeared in those colors in two or more years (Takanuva's upper legs, for example, are from XT-4 and have not been used since).

This is definitely just a MOC, although the wording of the nameplate leaves it ambiguous whether it's a MOC by a mere fan or by a Lego designer. It would be nice if we could find out who's responsible for it (I know Deevee has some Bionicle MOCs on display at his local store).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

LEGO Stores have display spaces for community creations.  This is undoubtedly one of them.

This. They're actually changing the regulations on how they do it this year (causing a bit of a kerfuffle) but it's something that community groups do in dialogue with the LEGO store, generally speaking. This in particular is quite neat. Glad to see them feature BIONICLE!

Forgive me for my ignorance but are there any G1 bionicle head pieces that attach to ball joints? Most of them I can think of attach to sockets so you wouldn't be able to easily attach Takanuva's normal mask onto this guy in a MOC.

The original headpiece (used by Takanuva, no less) attached with just an axle, so there are easy ways to make that happen (like say with this piece? Then there's the Glatorian and Avtoran head pieces, and the Hero Factory ones that continued the trend. Plenty of ways it could be accomplished. Edited by Dorek

Makes me want gen 2 Takanuva. 

Then again, I think everyone does at this point. :P

Not everyone :P

I am not against another seventh Toa. I might even be okay with Takanuva, if his origin is different. But I don't think he should be handelled the same way.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

That is amazing! :D  The only problem is Takanuva's Mask. ^_^

Not sure if we are on the same page here but I was wondering about that myself. Who's mask is that they are using because his head from what I can see, looks like the Gen2 version. Yeah don't know enough about the Gen2 masks to recognize them all from the side. Not sure how much Gold Kopaka is suppose to have this rotation, but it seems with the abundance of white and gold he may be MOCed from the Tahu and Kopaka sets.

LEGO Stores have display spaces for community creations.  This is undoubtedly one of them.

This. They're actually changing the regulations on how they do it this year (causing a bit of a kerfuffle) but it's something that community groups do in dialogue with the LEGO store, generally speaking. This in particular is quite neat. Glad to see them feature BIONICLE!

Forgive me for my ignorance but are there any G1 bionicle head pieces that attach to ball joints? Most of them I can think of attach to sockets so you wouldn't be able to easily attach Takanuva's normal mask onto this guy in a MOC.

The original headpiece (used by Takanuva, no less) attached with just an axle, so there are easy ways to make that happen (like say with this piece? Then there's the Glatorian and Avtoran head pieces, and the Hero Factory ones that continued the trend. Plenty of ways it could be accomplished.

Ah, I was going to suggest that myself but you just managed to get to it before me.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Prowl Nightwolf: That's Gali's new mask.

Is it just me, or does all the gold look lighter than what comes with the sets? Is it just the photograph?

That's an absolutely lovely display, that's a great Makuta and I love the shoulder thingies for Taka.

Ah, thanks. I was thinking Gali for some reason. Have not snatched her up yet.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

What are those shoulder pads from? Are they included in any cheap sets or would my best bet to get them be bricklink?

They're from the second-wave Legends of Chima constraction figures.  They weren't released in North America, though, so if you live here your best bet is Bricklink.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I too hope Gen2 Makuta stays Makuta. I think I remember reading that there was only going to be one Makuta this time around. So making that his name and not his Matoran species. Though not sure if they made the same claim back in Gen1 some 15 years hence or if we as the fans just assumed until new "Makuta" were brought into the story.

Onua.png

with a real Avohkii instead of the second gen Kaukau this is so great! Almost perfect!

All we need to do now is acquire a pearl gold Avohkii. :P
I think Aanchir actually has a prototype Avohkii in that color, lucky dog.
Several people have prototype gold Avohkiis, although it's a slightly different reddish gold like some of the Knight's Kingdom armor was, instead of pearl gold.

What are those shoulder pads from? Are they included in any cheap sets or would my best bet to get them be bricklink?

They're from the second-wave Legends of Chima constraction figures. They weren't released in North America, though, so if you live here your best bet is Bricklink.
A single one came on the Queen Beast, actually, although that is a very inefficient way to get them in any decent quantity.

~B~

They're from the second-wave Legends of Chima constraction figures. They weren't released in North America, though, so if you live here your best bet is Bricklink.
A single one came on the Queen Beast, actually, although that is a very inefficient way to get them in any decent quantity.

~B~

I knew Queen Beast included the mold, but for some reason I thought it was in black, or a color other than gold.  Whoops.

OpAXNpl.jpg

That is awesome! That master builder did a great job capturing the look of both characters and it makes me really want a gen2 Takanuva and Makuta(which we will get at the very least). Taka's staff looks to be quite top heavy as it is bending the staff portion of the weapon quite a bit. The golden Kaukau(mask of water yeah yeah I know...) does a great job of standing in for the Avohkii. We must discover who this man/woman is, they deserve a cookie!

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Oh wow, the staff is actually bending. I wonder if that was intentional...

Onua.png

i am positive we will another Toa, just look at all of the storied for lego's toylines (bionicle, ninjago, ect.... ) heck even power rangers is proof
there is always a additional character added later, i HOPE that will be takanuva... but we will see.

Tak is one of my TOP fav character (next to Kopaka) so i hope to see him in some form, but he needs a good story to be brought in in a way that fans will accept