Takanuva and Teridax Face Off in the LEGO Store

Codrex

That's a really cool interpretation of Taka and 'Kuta - great find! :D Makuta kinda reminds me of that villain from the original Digimon series. :P

If you mean VenomMyotismon, I had the exact same thought when I saw it. It must be those big stompers of his :P  Imagine using the Skull spider face on his lower waste, it would be a splitting image.

• Upvote 1

1422405192m_DISPLAY.jpg

How about instead of Makuta being called "Teridax", he split himself into six entities to give himself a greater chance to take over Okoto, and called them something excessively neat.

Skull Basher

Skull Warrior

Skull Scorpio

Skull Grinder

Skull Slicer

Lord of Skull Spiders

I really like that theory.

It just seems like a really fresh idea.

How about instead of Makuta being called "Teridax", he split himself into six entities to give himself a greater chance to take over Okoto, and called them something excessively neat.

Skull Basher

Skull Warrior

Skull Scorpio

Skull Grinder

Skull Slicer

Lord of Skull Spiders

Yeah! Maybe they are doing something to this effect.

cringe

Skull Basher

Skull Warrior

Skull Scorpio

Skull Grinder

Skull Slicer

Lord of Skull Spiders

A cool idea, I wouldn't mind that at all. It would also explain the recurring Skull motif. Regardless, the Mask of Control and Ultimate Power don't seem to be present this year so that might confirm that Makuta will not truly play a part in this years endgame as a physical figure. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Woah! This is really awesome! I am always surprised when I see something from old Bionicle supported by Lego. I wonder who supplied the mask of Shadows?

Um... the builder?

Nothing had to be "supplied". Lego stores display MOCs by local fans or Lego designers all the time, and this is just another case of that.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Woah! This is really awesome! I am always surprised when I see something from old Bionicle supported by Lego. I wonder who supplied the mask of Shadows?

Um... the builder?

Nothing had to be "supplied". Lego stores display MOCs by local fans or Lego designers all the time, and this is just another case of that.

Oh, oke.

cringe

brb weeping profusely

(why couldn't these be actual sets T_T)

• Upvote 4

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 3 years later...

Well it’s definitely something to be searching up inspiration on Teridax’s appearance during “The Kingdom” storyline, and coming up on this thread from 3 years ago and seeing people praise the MOCs you made when your boss needed a display!

I built these! And I still have Teridax to this day, so I can upload instructions if anyone is still interested, and Takanuva won’t be hard to redo at all.

The story behind this was: At the time I worked for the Fairview Mall LEGO Store as a sales associate, and the G2 bionicle sets were selling so well, that we never actually got around to building any of them for display. This was fine for the first month or so, as the display window of that section was a smaller one (which we call a Brand Ribbon, it used to hold MOCs that were designed by the company and sometimes MBs and AFOLs).

This changed however when we had to change what section Bionicle sat in, and it got a bigger window! So I had 1 DAY to design and build some MOCs using the CCBS system to promote the new line, and I remember being 8 years old and watching the Mask of Light movie and loving the Teridax vs Takanuva showdown. So I designed the two characters in a couple hours, threw them together, and had the esteemed privilege of having my MOCs on display in a larger window.

I haven’t posted anything in years, but I’m writing a dystopian future story that takes place on G1 Spherus Magna, and will be uploading pictures of the characters on my Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98193771@N07/albums

I wonder if anyone will actually get this?

• Upvote 12

Well it’s definitely something to be searching up inspiration on Teridax’s appearance during “The Kingdom” storyline, and coming up on this thread from 3 years ago and seeing people praise the MOCs you made when your boss needed a display!

I built these! And I still have Teridax to this day, so I can upload instructions if anyone is still interested, and Takanuva won’t be hard to redo at all.

larger window.

The moderators don't usually like people bringing back threads this old that haven't been commented on in a while. Not sure how it would go though, seeing as how how you finally solved the mystery of who built these awesome things! Gotta say, your Takanuva and Teridax are amazing! Real shame you couldn't get an avohkii on the Takanuva, and if I were to ever try to remake it, id probably conisder getting a custom "G2 Avohkii" 3D printed (probably wasn't an option for you though since you needed to advertise actual Legos). Regardless though Im glad you revived the topic, since otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see this! It's even more impressive after hearing the backstory! And if it's even half as good as this building,is i'd love to read the story you mentioned. Edited by jchavoya

larger window.

The moderators don't usually like people bringing back threads this old that haven't been commented on in a while. Not sure how it would go though, seeing as how how you finally solved the mystery of who built these awesome things! Gotta say, your Takanuva and Teridax are amazing! Real shame you couldn't get an avohkii on the Takanuva, and if I were to ever try to remake it, id probably conisder getting a custom "G2 Avohkii" 3D printed (probably wasn't an option for you though since you needed to advertise actual Legos). Regardless though Im glad you revived the topic, since otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see this! It's even more impressive after hearing the backstory! And if it's even half as good as this building,is i'd love to read the story you mentioned.
The topic limit is usually a month, I believe. Generally, though, a topic that retains purpose, and not just a single comment, seems to remain open, such as the Bionicle Alternate Model Database. I don't quite know, though.

In any case, Takanuva and Teradix are indeed impressive mocs. I poked around Shapeways, and though I was regrettably unable to locate an Avohkii, I did find a G2 connected Kraahkan. That can be located here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZGNFE8SQZ/kraahkan-g2?optionId=60728338&li=more-from-shop

More information about Teridax can be found here: https://biosector01.com/wiki/Teridax (Unfortunately it doesn't link straight to the Kingdom's section, but it is in there.)

And finally, the entire Kingdom serial can be found here: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/txt/The%20Kingdom.pdf

Best of luck with your epic!

Edited by Downfall

:smilematoro:

These are awesome, and it really makes me appreciate them more knowing the story behind them. If the original creator saw Mask of Light when he was eight, that means he's 23 now assuming he saw it when it was first released. It's pretty inspiring to imagine someone only a year older than me watching the movie when it came out and growing up to create this and have it displayed at the LEGO Store.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

What are those shoulder pads from? Are they included in any cheap sets or would my best bet to get them be bricklink?

They're from the second-wave Legends of Chima constraction figures. They weren't released in North America, though, so if you live here your best bet is Bricklink.
A single one came on the Queen Beast, actually, although that is a very inefficient way to get them in any decent quantity.

~B~

I knew Queen Beast included the mold, but for some reason I thought it was in black, or a color other than gold.  Whoops.

You're all forgetting about both versions of Ekimu. Each of them contains two in pearl gold.

Edit: lol, I didn't realize this was a topic bumped from a few years ago. No wonder they weren't aware of sets that didn't exist yet.

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.