Regalia

First of all, this game is NOT Bionicle-based. That's why this is in Off-Topic Culture and not Bionicle Based Games.

Alright, so. Regalia is a game that I have created using RPG Maker VX Ace. I've made quite a few games using this, a few of which are on this forum. They all pretty much suck. Anyway, this is by far the best game I've made using RMVXA, and all of my testers say that it's pretty good. Speaking of testers, I've got about 5 or so, 3 of which are BZP members, and the other are some of my real life friends.

Now, if you're wondering what Regalia is about, here's a quick summary of the plot, without spoiling anything major: You are Arzaki, a blacksmith in a lonely mountain village. You forge weapons along with your partner, Xalu. Xalu kind of messes up and uses the last of their supply of Twisted Iron, a rather rare ore, and she and Arzaki need to get more. Luckily, an imp has been sighted nearby, which are the only sources of Twisted Iron, which Arzaki and Xalu quickly go after. After defeating the imp and getting Twisted Iron from it, they return to their village and meet a certain someone, who claims to be searching for the Warrior of Fire. And thusly, the trio begin a search for the Warrior of Fire, along with the other Carriers.

Downloads:
Your virus protection software may say that this contains a virus, but I did not attach any form of malware to any of the following files. There's nothing I could gain from infecting your computers, anyway, right? These are completely safe, trust me.

v1.0
v1.1 <-- doesn't work

v1.1.1

v1.2

v1.2.1

v1.3

v1.3.1 !NEW!

Changelog
v1.0

+Introduced to BZP.

v1.1/v1.1.1

+Added Nevra Village
+Added Nevra Temple
+Added Avagon, a new party member
+New Shout abilities

*A few bug fixes

v1.2

+Added Celestial Islands
+Added Astral Fields and Dimensional Rift
+Added Zephrys
+Added an inn to the Mountain Village
+Added name boxes
+Added Elder Dragon boss fight
+Added a new dungeon
+Added phobias
+Added new crafting materials
+Nura now has a symbol in the menu
+Added an in-battle combat log
+Added skill cooldowns and warmups
+You can change your party mid-battle
+Added a death pose for dead party members
+Added a counter for the duration of buffs/debuffs
+Added a bestiary to the menu
+Added a quest journal to the menu
+Added new abilities
+Added blood tiles
+Added an item used to scan monsters to add them to your bestiary
+Added status animations (still a work in progress)
+Added an EXP bar to the menu
+Added a new attack element: Disruptive
+Added a second Regalia slot
+Increased active party max to 5 characters
+Increased level cap, item stack cap, stat cap, and Nura cap

*Revamped menu
*Changed some icons
*Adjusted prices for items
*Adjusted some item names
*Prettied up Nevra Temple
*Made some graphical adjustments
*Buffed some enemies
*Fixed a stealing bug
*Adjusted some cutscenes
*Fixed stat buff text not displaying properly
*Adjusted the function of some skills
*Reduced the thickness of some gauges

v1.2.1

+Added visual and auditory effects to certain tiles.

+Added a trail of "dust" to the correct path in the Dimensional Rift.

+Added a new item, the Tophat, which prevents you from getting into battles for 100 steps. It can be bought for 260 Nura at any item shop.

*Fixed many, many, MANY bugs, some of which were almost gamebreaking.
*Nerfed basically every enemy that appears in Nevra and beyond.
*Reworked the battle system so that turns make more sense.
*GREATLY reduced the spawn rate of enemies in the world map and Dimensional Rift.

v1.3

+Herbs, Focus Berries, and Mushrooms can now be harvested.

+Added new craftable items.

+Added many new crafting stations.

+Added shops and life to Araza Village and Nevra Village.

*GREATLY overhauled the crafting system, so that it is now MUCH easier to create things and you don't have to spend 5 minutes looking for an Iron Ingot.

v1.3.1

+Added crafting stations of shops in the Celestial City.

*Anvils will no longer crash your game.

*Nerfed Rift Fabrics a bit more.

*Changed Tophat to Top Hat.

Screenshots:
Screenshot Album
Menu Screen
Battle Screen
Victory Screen
Level Up Screen
Enemy Stats Screen
System Options Screen
Status Screen
Save Screen
Inventory Screen
Spooky Cave
Boss Time!
Three?! TOTALLY Unprepared for Three!
The First REAL Dungeon
Spooky Scary Skeletons
Boss Time! (Again)
Tamra
Araza
Nevra

Credits:

RPG Maker VX Ace
Enterbrain

Scripts
Enterbrain
Yanfly
Woratana
Mr. Bubble
Fomar0153

Modern Algebra

Mr. Trivel

Galv

rbahamut

Sprites
Enterbrain

Kazzador

Vibrato

Adbiel

Deebs

Dai

Tana

Popyan

Yoshino

Amysaurus

Haydeos

Myself

Icons
Enterbrain
The Infamous Bon Bon
Ying

Avery

Mitchi

Tiles
Enterbrain

Rainbow Jello

Recife

Candacis

Battlers
Enterbrain

Kazzador
Vibrato

Adbiel

Deebs

Dai

Tana

Popoyan

Yoshino

Haydeos

Myself

Battlebacks
Enterbrain

Animations
Enterbrain
Timmah
Myself

Music/Sounds
Enterbrain
Kairi Sawler
Aaron Krogh
Gyrowolf
Jonesstoke
Jeremiah "McTricky" George
RyanA
Sinakhai
Skythuz
Kow Otani
Capcom

B33J

Cerrax

Sixto Sounds

yodaisbetter

Kevin MacLeod

Thomas Bergerson/Two Steps From

And last but not least, I would like to thank my testers on BZP: Ghidora131, Jakura Nuva, and Voxumo! Thanks guys! You were a big help, and you guys really made me feel like my game was actually decent, unlike previous ones! Thanks~!

One more thing. Try to keep your post spoiler free, alright? Try pressing the button in the top left of the post options. It looks like a blue square with a green rectangle in it. Click on that and click spoiler, then type in your message. That should allow people to choose if they want to read on.

Edited by Arzaki
  • Upvote 5

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

This looks good. Text based RPGs are awesome. You are awesome. It is fun. It reminds me of a cross between Castaway and Final Fantasy, but with a twist. This game gets 7/10 rocks. 

While getting scaled feedback makes me feel great, it doesn't always help me improve my game. What did you like about it? What did you dislike about it?

Also, Castaway is awesome. If anyone reading this hasn't played it, go play it.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I should be able to release a new version by Monday, and if not Monday, then Wednesday. It will add a new area on the world map, a new village, a new dungeon, it will make Araza Village a little more lively, and it will add a few more sidequests.

Well, I've been distracted by things and I've been procrastinating, so the next update should be more like Friday, maybe even next week's Monday.

Well, Regalia seems to be on a bit of a hiatus. Hopefully I can keep this one short.

• 3 months later...

Have a 2 or 3 month long hiatus, Regalia will be back within the next few days. You better get hyped.

Whaddya mean, you're not hyped?

Well, anyway, Nevra will now have a purpose. Also a dungeon, with a very unique boss that took me forever to figure out how to make. Seriously. I felt so smart. You have no clue. I'm serious. Praise my intelligence. No, seriously. Please. Please? No? Okay....

Version 1.1 kind of messed up, for reasons unknown. If you check the original post, you will find version 1.1.1, which should actually work.

• 1 month later...

Yep. 3 frames in each direction, with each frame being 32x32 pixels. You'll have to make them yourself, find some online, or use the character generator including in RPGMVXA.

I tried. T'was because of that I discovered that I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at animating.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.2 is now out! A full changelog will be available soon. I would highly recommend that you start a new game, as many of the new features will only take effect in a new game.

• Upvote 1

All 3 of my BZP testers have a reference in the game. In the next update, there will be a reference to Voxumo, even though he left the PM.

• Upvote 1

I've released v1.2.1, which fixes MANY bugs, some of which were almost gamebreaking. I've also balanced some enemies and decreased the spawn rate of them in the world map and the Dimensional Rift. The Rift is now FAR easier to navigate as well.

Version 1.3 is now out! I've added shops to Araza and Nevra, so they're not completely devoid of life anymore. Araza is still a bit lonely, but I'll get those extra filler houses soon. I've also changed the teleportation tower a bit (and you can actually see a sneak peek at Glaeca) and I fixed a MAJOR bug that allowed you fight Naglo more than once. The biggest change is the massive improvement to crafting, and being able to actually collect crafting materials.

I'll add a full changelog to the main post later.

So uh, I messed up. Whenever you use an anvil, your game crashes. I made a bugfix, but I'm on a trip right now, so my wifi isn't good enough to upload the file. You'll have to live without being able to smith for a few days. Sorry.

Every other crafting station works, though.

• 2 months later...

Well, I hoped this day would never come. I'm sorry to those who enjoyed Regalia, but I won't be continuing it for a long time. It'll probably be at least a few more months before I can get a chance to really work on it again. I'm currently in a team of many other people creating a game (not Regalia) and I need to devote time to that. I'd rather let myself down than an let an entire team down.

But that's not the only problem. My computer got a virus a couple weeks ago, and some of my programs seemed to stop working or didn't open without a very roundabout fashion. RPGMaker VX Ace is one of these programs, which is what I use to make Regalia. I'm able to open it, but I'm scared to actually use it, because I think it might completely destroy all the data and permanently crash my computer or something.

I'm not saying Regalia is abandoned. I'm just saying it's going on a very extended hiatus.

• 3 weeks later...

So, uh, turns out my hard drive got kind of fried.

Yep.

All progress is lost.

Regalia is basically abandoned.