20XX would be better if..

rednas3636

2006 would have been better if they dropped all the stupid gritty darkness, especially the whole "gangster" schtick with the Piraka

The Piraka Rap is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise and you know it.
  • Upvote 3

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

2001 would have been better if they had a better plan of how 2002-2010 was going to go (so the stark differences people point out would have been smoother)

2002 would have been better if they merged the Bohrok Kal concept into it

2003 would have been better if the Kal were in 2002 and they focused on the Mask of Light all year

2004 would have been better if they had something to replace the Vahki (maybe some mangai? i don't know if their existence was known to the story team back then)

2005 would have been better if a different hordika were the betrayer (my personal preference is Nuju...it makes the intro to maze of shadows much more poignant)

2006 would have been better if it got a movie...like previous years did...

2007 would have been better if the piraka got a better fate than sea snakes

2008 would have been better if they expanded upon each of the makuta more (Krika deserved much more "screen time").

2009 would have been better if mata nui landed at the begining of the year, and the WHOLE YEAR focused on his time there (it was a simple issue of releasing the vorox in the summer...it could have worked...)

2010 would have been better if...well, obvious isn't it...

2015 would have been better if they were better at keeping in leaks (imagine how it would have been if we all discovered the return at the announcement, as opposed to a slow trickle of leaked material)

• Upvote 2

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

2001 would have been better if the TTT (Toa Tohunga Turaga) were a little more well designed

2002 would have been better if the uh... 2002 was on of the best years for me TBH.

2003 would have been better if the Bohrok Kal were better intergrated.

2004 would have been better if uh... Again, one of the better years for me.

2005 would have been better if the story was a bit more fleshed out.

2006 would have been better if there hadn't been so many darn titans.

2007 would have been better if the Barraki & Toa were more well designed

2008 would have been better if the Phantoka-Mistika type thing had worked better

2009 would have been better if the sets weren't too darn small.

2010 would have been better if it hadn't been so rushed.

I definitely agree with two commonly repeated comments:

-2008 being better if the Toa actually looked like the Nuva we know and love

-And 2010 being better if it was an entire year and not just half of one.

Other than that, I don't really have much more to say. I guess 2009 could have benefited from having a movie that didn't end on a cliffhanger. And 2007 better with more books.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I definitely agree with two commonly repeated comments:

-2008 being better if the Toa actually looked like the Nuva we know and love

-And 2010 being better if it was an entire year and not just half of one.

Other than that, I don't really have much more to say. I guess 2009 could have benefited from having a movie that didn't end on a cliffhanger. And 2007 better with more books.

-NotS

There should have been 9 stars. One representing every year. It could have been a whole year, even if minimal.

• Upvote 2

cringe

Okay, let's get this all cleared up for the homeboys out there:

2001: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2002: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2003: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2004: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2005: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2006: 

11/10 Best year, straight up godly.

2007: 7.8/10 Too much water.

2008: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2009: 0/10 no Piraka Rap.

2010: Okay, see, here they almost got it right, they certainly have the Piraka, but forgot the rap, and that's ultimately going to diminish their score, 5/10 needs more rap.

• Upvote 6

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Why so much people wish for more movies? They are very close to be the worst media in the franchise, media that for being in the "spotlight" forced awful events into canonicity, ex: "Let's define the fate of the entire island in a match of Kolhi" or "Despite Onewa is the one with bigger differences with Vakama and Matau never cared that much, let's make Matau be the on in conflict with Vakama, yeah" and on, and on, and on...

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

Why so much people wish for more movies? They are very close to be the worst media in the franchise, media that for being in the "spotlight" forced awful events into canonicity, ex: "Let's define the fate of the entire island in a match of Kolhi" or "Despite Onewa is the one with bigger differences with Vakama and Matau never cared that much, let's make Matau be the on in conflict with Vakama, yeah" and on, and on, and on...

I have NEVER seen nor read any of the books. Not a single one. Seven-year-old me had no clue how the Inika managed with each other, and how they fought against the Piraka. Eight-year-old me didn't know Maxilos was actually Makuta, and nine-year-old me didn't know Gorast was a girl.

The movies were global. The books, nope. There's a reason why I remember 2003-2005 better than other story years.

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

2003 would be better if all of its canisters weren't nearly entirely clones - the Bohrok-Kal being clones of clones (Bohrok). Rahkshi were clones of each other with only the staff pieces and Kraata to differentiate the, and the colour.

2005 would be better if instead of the Hordika, we got the entire team of Hagah. The Visorak are okay as they are IMO. Also if we had two traitors. Because why only one?

2009 would be better if it was split over two years, with one whole year to establish Bara Magna, and then having Mata Nui arrive.

2010 would be better if we got actual... sets. Not glorified Av-Matoran pretending to be sets we liked. Also if it was spread out over the year instead.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

2001 would have been better had the Rahi not been so breakable. Whenever they go into storage they never come out the same.

2002 would have been better had the Bohrok not been swarm villains.

2003 would have been better if the Rahkshi had cooler powers

2004 would have been better if Krekka had larger arms

2005 would have been better if they had released the rest of the Toa Hagah.

2006 would have been better if the story hadn't been so dark and the Toa had more personality. Also, the Toa Nuva's defeat was unnecessary

2007 would have been better if it hadn't talked about death and destruction the whole year

2008 would have been better if the Toa had weapons, the story was expanded, and if the Toa had a better color scheme.

2009 would have been better had the sets' limbs not been so breakable. I can't even play with Mata Nui any more

I have NEVER seen nor read any of the books. Not a single one. Seven-year-old me had no clue how the Inika managed with each other, and how they fought against the Piraka. Eight-year-old me didn't know Maxilos was actually Makuta, and nine-year-old me didn't know Gorast was a girl.

The movies were global. The books, nope. There's a reason why I remember 2003-2005 better than other story years.

I didn't read the books until last year. And I will tell you all that things are by far better pictured in the books than would have been (correctly) pictured in the movies.

I'll take as a example the third movie. The book preceding it ends in an epic battle of titans while the toa are struggling to manage their hordika side. Then, because of the movie, the next book goes back ALL THE WAY until the Toa Metru arrived back at Metru Nui.

The movies degraded the story by adding weak and lame events and characterizations (Takua from MoL is NOTHING like Takua from the other media) I think that hurts the story A LOT.

I understand what you mean but I think in the long run is better no movies at all than bad movies.

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.

I didn't read the books until last year. And I will tell you all that things are by far better pictured in the books than would have been (correctly) pictured in the movies.

I'll take as a example the third movie. The book preceding it ends in an epic battle of titans while the toa are struggling to manage their hordika side. Then, because of the movie, the next book goes back ALL THE WAY until the Toa Metru arrived back at Metru Nui.

The movies degraded the story by adding weak and lame events and characterizations (Takua from MoL is NOTHING like Takua from the other media) I think that hurts the story A LOT.

I understand what you mean but I think in the long run is better no movies at all than bad movies.

Personally, I really liked the movies (except for Web of Shadows). If I ever feel like reliving a moment of Bionicle, that's what I go to. It's so much more tasking to marathon the books than to marathon movies or a TV series, and I would have really liked to have that option for Bionicle's entire run, even if it wasn't quite as deep as the novels. Plus, there are the visual and auditory elements, which are difficult to replace even with imagination.

Edited by Codrex

1422405192m_DISPLAY.jpg

2005 would have been better if the Hordika actually looked like monstrous animalistic Toa and not... Slightly ugly dudes with gappy legs. 

Imagine if they had been as varied as the Barraki and had more obvious animal elements, like claws or tails or wings or teeth. They could even be based on the types of Rahi each Rahaga hunted. 

I feel like 2005 had a lot of interesting ideas that were horrendously mishandled. A toa betraying his team and then redeeming himself could make for a great story, but Vakama was almost the worst choice for such a Toa and the betrayal was incredibly forced.

Edited by Latrodectus

-snip-

2001: 5/10 Vakama was background character was important. Yay MNOG!

2002: 4/10 Less Vakama than previous year. No good. 

2003: 7/10 Glorious Vakama voice in MoL and kick-butt Rahkshi fight for our fearless leader. 

2004: 10/10 Vakama as protagonist, must have more...

2005: 11/10 Best Bionicle Year. The most Vakama, with Time Trap the icing on the cake. 

2006: -4000/10: Vakama defers to Dume instead of standing up for himself and is owned by a girl. FAIL.

2007: 1/10: "I had a vision" is not enough Vakama. Needs more.

2008: 0/10 Really Vakama? You managed to keep the Mask of Time from Makuta himself, only to have a Rahi overpower you? Come on, totally do better already. 

2009: -10000/10: No Vakama. 

2010: -10000/10: No Vakama. 

The lack of Vakama has reached critical mass. Drained of its all-important source of wisdom and narration, the Bionicle franchise collapses. DEATH. 

• Upvote 1

2005 would have been better if it wasn't a prequel

2006 would have been better if we had metru heads and masks with pins

2007 wpuld have been better if limegreen pieces stayed together

2008 would have been better if we got cooler forms of the Toa Nuva and seen a surviving Makuta and Shadow Ahkomu

2009 would have been better if the world was built more

2010 would have been better if we got actual sets and the ending wasn't rushed

2010-2011 would have been better if the serials were continued and the story saw the promised civil war and revealing of Takanuva's true purpose

2015 would be better if more of the old characters returned

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

2005 would have been better if it wasn't a prequel

That was just a consequence of 2004 being a 'prequel', unless you mean you want some part of the 2005 plot used in a different year?

You know how we got Bionicle World, and Dark Hunters and all those other world-building books in 2005? Well it would have been cooler if the year focused on exploring these different regions in ministories. The sets we would have gotten could have been a lot of the other characters we've seen later on. The only good thing 2005 produced really are those books, Roodaka, and Time Trap.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

2001-2003 More tohunga, easier to change eye color from heads.

2004 would have been better with a morbuzhak set

2005 A change in the red/fire toa of the team leading, and then thinks their too good for the rest of the team

2006 Less weird heads

2007 More matoran

2008 the three swamp toa being generally better (Pohatu, Lewa and Kopaka were awesome but the rest really lacked the awesomeness of those 3)

2009 more agori

2010 more sets, all 6 toa mata.

2015 Old stud to head mask connection, Onua smaller, better color and mask for Lewa, better masks for Tahu and Gali and more skull spider colors.

Edited by Matoran Kehua

2015 could be better if they give out different colored masks and bring back collectibles. :P

Ditto, on the colored masks, on collectibles...they're already doing that,

2001-2003 More tohunga, easir to change eye color from heads.

2004 would have been better with a morbuzhak set

2005 A change in the red/fire toa of the team leads and then thinks their too good for the rest of the team

2006 Less weird heads

2007 More matoran

2008 the three swamp toa being generally better (Pohatu, Lewa and Kopaka were awesome but the rest really lacked the awesomeness of those 3)

2009 more agori

2010 more sets, all 6 toa mata.

2015 Old stud to head mask connection, Onua smaller, better color and mask for Lewa, better masks for Tahu and Gali and more skull spider colors.

Yes, stud to head, even if only on the head...or the mask,

Edited by Petewa

2006 would've been better if it had a movie

2015 would be better if nostalgia went away. And I agree with the "had not leaked" idea. 2015 is my personal favorite year right now because of all the things it's doing right. My only gripes with it are what I just mentioned.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 2 weeks later...

2001 would have been better if the sets had more articulation

2002 would have been better if Galis mask didn't look like a cow

2003 would have been better if the Bohrok kal weren't rehashed

2004 would have been better if I had gotten into BIONICLE at that awesome year

2005 would have been better if the Hordika weren't so gappy

2006 would have been better if I had managed to complete my first set, Brutaka. Also if they had gotten rid of the stupid Piraka rap

2007 would have been better if there were Matoran for the 6 main elements, The sets had different eye colors, and Hewkii had some more armor and less silver.

2008 would have been better if Gali didn't look like an bunny eared goblin and Pohatu wasn't orange

2009 would have been better if TLR was better and Mata Nui's set had gold

2010 would have been better if we had gotten at least the Baterra... and the Elemental lords, and the trilogy that Greg mentioned

2011-2014 would have been better if the serials had been continues

2015 would have been better if the Protectors had names and there were collectable mask packs

2006 would have been better with expanded animations, or even a dedicated miniseries that was set-accurate *cough* brown Hewkii *cough* and followed the book canon

2005 would have been better with more savage looking Toa Hordika. Am I supposed to be afraid of their upgraded weapons and cool spinner function?

2010 would have been better if the comic line wasn't discontinued in Canada during the Fall of Atero arc. Where is Atero? What happened to it? Is everybody okay? We'll never know in the Great White North, eh?

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!