More Nuremberg Bionicle Pictures

If you prefer still images to video, you're in luck. This imgur gallery contains pictures from around the web of the LEGO booth at Nuremberg Toy Fair. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a bunch of closeups of the upcoming 2015 summer wave of Bionicle sets. If anyone knows where these came from initially, let us know so we can give credit. I'm liking some of the new pieces we're getting this summer, but I'll reserve my judgment on the sets until I see them in New York!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Wait... is that a Nindroid fighting a ghost?

Is it just me or does every army villain end up fighting for good? The Skeletons fought the Snakes, the Snakes helped save the people of New Ninjago City, and now the Nindroids (who we already knew were acting as security droids for Cyrus Borg) are now fighting ghosts? Next we're going to see the ghosts fighting whatever villain comes next. :P

And those Bionicle villains are really neat. Hoping that the marbled Tahu & Gali masks show up somewhere! (Another polybag set perhaps?)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Can I just say that Ekimu looks fantastic with all that trans light blue and gold?

Because he looks amazing and I'm just buying that set for him alone. The green skull guy set, four arm, whatever, looks pretty cool too.

Not too impressed with the other ones, and frankly really disappointed in Skull Scorpio. Doesn't look good, especially with that absolutely massive tail and unposable legs.

Why are both insectoid sets this year lacking in the leg articulation department?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Can I just say that Ekimu looks fantastic with all that trans light blue and gold?

Because he looks amazing and I'm just buying that set for him alone. The green skull guy set, four arm, whatever, looks pretty cool too.

Not too impressed with the other ones, and frankly really disappointed in Skull Scorpio. Doesn't look good, especially with that absolutely massive tail and unposable legs.

Why are both insectoid sets this year lacking in the leg articulation department?

Because leg articulation isn't important in an insect toy. If you were a child playing with this, would you rather spend your time having to move and re-position each leg while you're making him crawl on the ground? Wouldn't you want a tail function? Also, children don't care about how "clunky" the tail looks. To them, it's still a stinger and the fact that it has a function is awesome.

You literally can't understand these sets if you use a collectors mind set. These aren't going to be $100-extra-posable-no-gap-collectors-figures. They're toys, and ultimately the thing that factors into whether they're good or not is if they can be played with and do their role correctly in a child's eyes. 

• Upvote 8

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing that the legs are fixed into the bodies. I don't mind Lord of Skull Spiders' but the fixed legs are a part of what makes Skull Scorpio my least favorite set of the upcoming bunch, along with the weird tail, which may actually have a cool function.

At least the legs can't flail around and the sets are a lot easier to display. 

EDIT: From what I can tell, Skull Scorpio's function is like a tail that acts with a "sea clamp" function, in which the two tail bits close together.

Edited by Rooster Nui

At first I didn't see the Mask of Creation, and I thought it was supposed to be the one Ekimu was wearing, in which case I wasn't all that impressed, but then I noticed it.  I was already planning on getting that set purely for Ekimu (though it doesn't hurt that the villain of that set is partly red), but now I really want it.

Some interesting designs... I like what they were going for overall but I think I'll have to reserve judgement. I love Mask Maker but the Skull characters are strange. I like the Scorpion, Basher and the gear function on the four-armed one looks pretty innovative. Not digging the repeat of masks but whatevs. 

Thanks for the photos!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I've seen the bonkles villains, but they were hideously blurred, so it's pretty good to see some clearer pictures of them, even if they aren't that great. The new Toa masks look nice, but it's still a little disappointing they're not new masks. Could be worse, though, I suppose.

Of course, I'm more disappointed that we've only got one picture of the new Mixels, which is honestly the only other theme I care about at this point. I'm expecting Six to handle this problem once that New York Toy Fair thing comes around. Make sure you painstakingly take photos of every single one individually, 'k? Please and thank you. Everyone else, please disregard this post.

Ekimu looks EXCELLENT. My only real gripe with him is the red pieces on his hammer. The Skull Grinder is also quite cool.

Skull scorpio is eh for me, the legs despite not really having any posebility are kinda cool looking.

Skull Basher is cool looking. The unarmored sections of his limbs I am fine with.

Skull Slicer the bonesy look works on. Although why give it a chained weapon and not a fourth blade?

Skull Warrior is eh, not really interesting to me at the moment.

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

i saw what looked like semi translucent masks for pohatu and Lewa that come with some of those skull guys, anyone know whats up with those?? corrupted masks?

also anyone know when these figures are suppose to be relaesed? (i can only find kopaka, tahu, and lewa at my local stores)

Edited by Garin

Ekirmu's great so, I'll get that set. Sadly, the rest of the Skull cohort seem kind of spindly and bland to me. I might grab the big axe-wielding one if he goes on sale, but nothing leaps at me. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

i saw what looked like semi translucent masks for pohatu and Lewa that come with some of those skull guys, anyone know whats up with those?? corrupted masks?

also anyone know when these figures are suppose to be relaesed? (i can only find kopaka, tahu, and lewa at my local stores)

The four smaller sets each come with those "corrupted" masks (you can get all of the masks but Tahu's and Gali's), and the sets won't be out until summer (probably August).

IetTsFQ.png

I'm definitely getting the set with Ekimu. I still wish he was titan sized, but he still looks cool. Plus, I want the Mask of Creation. :P

I don't know about the other Bionicle sets. At first I was excited about them, but after seeing these pictures of them, I'm not sure if I will get them. I'll see when they are available to purchase.

Edited by The Master Sword

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Kinda iffy on the new skull guys to be honest. They're really neat, but I feel like there should be more of them. Is that seriously all we're getting for the rest of the year though? Seems a little lacking. I mean we're not even getting a full set of 6 guys. Seems kinda lacking especially after we got 7 canister sized sets this winter. Still, I'll probably get them, and Ekimu and Skull Grinder look pretty rad. 

• Upvote 1

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Definitely some interesting designs, however I dislike the use of the chest pieces. Most of the builds are going for a more unarmoured, skeletal look, then the chest is this one, big, bulky piece that completely throws off the illusion (at least for me). Something a bit less solid would have worked better, I feel.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Is it just me or does every army villain end up fighting for good? The Skeletons fought the Snakes, the Snakes helped save the people of New Ninjago City, and now the Nindroids (who we already knew were acting as security droids for Cyrus Borg) are now fighting ghosts? Next we're going to see the ghosts fighting whatever villain comes next. :P

And those Bionicle villains are really neat. Hoping that the marbled Tahu & Gali masks show up somewhere! (Another polybag set perhaps?)

According to a member on Eurobricks, Lego actually cancelled two skull villain sets in order to keep Bionicle's budget low (that's why there are so few of them compared to the winter wave)\, and those sets would have come with Tahu's and Gali's masks.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

According to a member on Eurobricks, Lego actually cancelled two skull villain sets in order to keep Bionicle's budget low (that's why there are so few of them compared to the winter wave)\, and those sets would have come with Tahu's and Gali's masks.

And where would said member happen to know this from?
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, that's sad. There will be no villainous counterparts for Gali and Tahu, which means no transparent masks for them.:( Oh, well. It's a way to prevent Bionicle from being cancelled, like it happened in 2010.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Because leg articulation isn't important in an insect toy. If you were a child playing with this, would you rather spend your time having to move and re-position each leg while you're making him crawl on the ground? Wouldn't you want a tail function? Also, children don't care about how "clunky" the tail looks. To them, it's still a stinger and the fact that it has a function is awesome.

You literally can't understand these sets if you use a collectors mind set. These aren't going to be $100-extra-posable-no-gap-collectors-figures. They're toys, and ultimately the thing that factors into whether they're good or not is if they can be played with and do their role correctly in a child's eyes. 

Way too many people fail to realize this.

• Upvote 1

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

skull slicer doesn't have a fourth blade? dang. :0

all in all, i like the masks, i like the bones, i like the models EXCEPT-

two things. the new plate is too bulky, and sticks out too far from the host plate, the exact antithesis of the winter wave's plate.

and the tr-neon-orange, which looks worse than usual when set over ANOTHER tr-color. X0\

(skull warrior getting a polearm to go with the bow is a great choice though,)

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

The Ekimu and Skull Grinder set is probably going to be the only set I'll get for that wave. They both look awesome, so it's great that they come together in one set. The others look okay, but are kind of lacking in some places.

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

If this is true, hopefully it means the marbled masks of Fire and Water will be made available at some point, given that the molds already exist as well.

~B~

If they canceled due to budget, I think that's inconsistent. They spent all the money on the first wave with gears and new molds, and then they cancel two of the winter sets, which could reuse some of those molds and stretch them further, to reduce budget? I don't get it.  

EDIT: Also, I'm surprised that nobody noticed the train in here...

Edited by fishers64

If this is true, hopefully it means the marbled masks of Fire and Water will be made available at some point, given that the molds already exist as well.

~B~

The molds already exist because they're the same exact molds from the Toa.

If you mean the parts themselves were made? That might be the case, but frankly I doubt the sets or their component parts were put into full production if it is true that they were cancelled. If that is the case, then a few might make their way into the BZP prototype parts stockpile... but I doubt there'll be anywhere close to enough to satisfy demand.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm not all up to date on the Eurobricks thread, but the only time I remember anyone saying anything about sets getting cut they were just speculating. Do not take the word of some random EB member that seriously.

Yeah, I heard it secondhand, since I hadn't been paying much attention to Eurobricks, so I had no idea about its source or veracity. Aanchir pointed out to me that those rumors have no substance—a leaked document from a Lego store in early December (mostly just answers to frequently asked questions about Bionicle's return) said that there were only five sets due in summer 2015, and that was before the sets had even come out.

I still hope we see blended Tahu and Gali masks one way or another. But at least if we don't it's not because plans to release them were axed late in the game.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wonder whether there is going to be a story reason why all the Summer villains incorporate trans orange pieces.

It seems odd that they would be there if there isn't a very good reason, because I have seen a lot of people who care about colour schemes say that the orange pieces disrupt the appearance of the sets and are putting them off buying them.

I really hope that it isn't just because LEGO has decided that this year, trans orange = evil to make it simple for the kids. Because that would be a sad state of affairs.

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o: