Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I think the real solution to this Kraata infestation is an arena that is just, constant, blindingly bright light. 

Ah.... most of these Rahkshi are at Shadow Kraata level. They're too powerful for normal light to bother them more than it would any other being. Unless they're having it shot directly at them by a Toa of Light, of course. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I think the real solution to this Kraata infestation is an arena that is just, constant, blindingly bright light. 

Ah.... most of these Rahkshi are at Shadow Kraata level. They're too powerful for normal light to bother them more than it would any other being. Unless they're having it shot directly at them by a Toa of Light, of course. 

:^)

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

so i did a thing

it was fun

and i actually wrote a bio this time :3

Name: Viitkaehl "Viitka" Haakona

Species: Johmak's Species

Power/Weapon 1: Crystalline Physiology, as with the rest of her species.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Light, Toa-level control over the elemental power of Light.

Power/Weapon 3: Psionic Shielded Armor, her armor passively weakens the power of telekinetic and psychokinetic attacks on her body as well as greatly diminishing the effects of mental manipulation. When the power is active, it creates as a sort of glowing, crystalline barrier, albeit one that can be shattered when enough force is applied.

Appearance: Viitka physically resembles a tall Toa in terms of height, though possess a noticeably heavier, broader build than those of that species. She has the physique of a warrior; thick and solid, and it translates over to her confident posture and impassive demeanor. Her hands are scarred and rough, the fact that the last few digits on her left hand are completely mechanical aren't the only clues to a dangerous lifestyle. These scars run the length of her corded arms, stopping just short of her broad shoulders and back. No such marks cover her equally powerful legs and torso, at least none to be seen. Her natural armor is mainly a dark, obsidian black, with an almost glass-like byzantium sheen to it, though toned slightly cyan near the ends of her extremities. Closer inspection reveals a marbled look to it, with streaks of coppery yellow and indigo shot through its inky coloration. Accenting this are patterns of a bright, metallic blue color, highlighting and curving around her form. They run down the sides of her arms, torso, and legs, spread out in a seemingly random pattern of jagged, organic shapes that cover her body. These designs extend to her face, and cut down from her heterochromatic magenta-blue eyes and continuing to encircle her heartlight, which shares the startlingly vivid coloration of her eyes. The armor itself is rounded and glass-like smooth, with bisected ovoid impression and concentric rings a motif seen throughout.

Facially, her generally impassive features are somewhat angled and avian in appearance, giving her an exotic look that makes her instantly recognizable and hard to forget. A single scar runs down the left side of her face, cutting across her eye and stopping just before her jawline. The additional armor that she wears is of considerable thickness and obviously built for those in the thick of a fight. It has a jagged geometric design in stark contrast to her natural armor, all sharp angles and flat edges. It covers her hands in forearms as combined gauntlets and braces, with twin plates that lead up to layered sections that protect her shoulders and upper arms. A heavy, collared cuirass protects her upper torso and neck and connects to the segmented piece that covers her spine. Interlocking plates sit on her abdomen and hips, while her thighs are protected on all sides by a single plate. Her grieves extend down to her feet for added protection. The armor is a stark white glacial color, broken up only by fringes of icy cyan. The armor is bulky, and does restrict her movement somewhat, but it's served her well. Despite its power being restricted as a result of the tournament, Viitka still wears a Kanohi reminiscent of a Great Huna, though one who's shape and color have been modified to match the stylings of her armor. The small Matoran letters F E E L I T are inscribed beneath the left eyehole.

Bio: Viitka was recruited, though conscripted is a more apt term, into the Hand of Artahka during the organization's glory days, working as little more than hired muscle for the group rather than being an actual member. Nonetheless, she was proud to serve as part of a force for good, albeit a rather destructive one. When the Hand eventually disbanded for understandable reasons, Viitka struck out on her own for a time, living the life of a lost warrior and taking whatever jobs or positions that came her way. She spent time as a bodyguard, assassin, and even the unofficial enforcer for a Brotherhood of Makuta agent. What she didn't know was that her past life was still with her, and watching.

It took some time, but eventually she was approached by her former associates, and asked to join a shadowy organization that rather ironically served the light. She accepted, though more for the direction that it offered than on principal alone. Now a member of the Order of Mata Nui. She continued her vagabond work with a slightly different flavor. Somewhere along the way, either through personal work or training from the Order, she purged herself of her Inner Shadow, and gained her powers over Light as a result. Which she would not say, but it had a profound impact on her view on life, and made her quite fully devote herself to the Order's cause of protecting the universe from those who would harm it.

Her life, naturally, took an interesting turn soon after, when she was approached by a faction that was beginning to gain power within the universe, a collection of mercenaries, bounty hunters, and professional psychopaths calling themselves the Dark Hunters. Given the secretive nature of the Order of Mata Nui, and the possible advantages of having an agent within the mercenary organization, she was advised to accept the invitation. Passing the entrance fight to survive, Viitka once again threw her lot with another faction. She worked as an effective Hunter, though made sure to never quite draw attention to herself for fear of blowing her cover, keeping up the double life even as the Great Spirit was struck down and the Order took a more active role.

This was until a team of Toa failed to revive Mata Nui, and the universe was thrown into chaos. She evacuated to the island above with the rest of the majority of the inhabitants, and seeing as she was still officially a Dark Hunter, worked as part of the law enforcers on the slowly growing metropolis of the island of Mata Nui.

Until she was taken by unseen and unknown forces, and forced to made due within this strange tournament.

Personality/Other: Viitka, quite surprisingly, tends to come off as distant and relaxed, with a pleasant enough disposition, if somewhat distracted at times. And indeed she is, focusing with almost fanatical devotion on whatever happens to catch her interest at that moment, before moving onto something else without rhyme or reason. She’s not prone to outbursts of emotion, and while not antisocial in any particular way, she prefers to listen and observe rather than speak. Unless, of course, the discussion is of whatever she’s focused on at the moment, of which she’d gladly describe in detail. Has a tendency to a rather pragmatic, uncompromisingly frank outlook on life, which can take the form of startlingly morbid observations and honest opinions. She forms strong bonds with those she considers friends, something that stems from her induction within a variety of groups, and her sudden disconnection from them has left her slightly unstable.

• Upvote 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Aw karz.... not another Light Toa.

It suddenly sucks to be a playing as a Rahkshi. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Vagust Joveo
Species: Male Toa of Lightning
Power/Weapon 1: General power over electricity and lightning, often manifested as extremely over-the-top and showy bolts of lightning sent flying from on high to smite down all those who would seek to cause harm to Vagust or his friends. But he can also use more finesse-y applications, he just really likes showing off.
Power/Weapon 2: Innate resistance to shadow, shadow-based, and Makuta powers. Due in part to his role in the universe he came from and intensive exercises he underwent to make himself stronger, Vagust has built up a powerful resistance to shadow and Makuta powers, aiding him in the occupation he held.
Power/Weapon 3: A sword (named Fulgur) with a blade of eighty centimeters in length and an extra long hilt at half a meter, with the scabbard and hilt having been fashioned in such a way that the scabbard can be screwed onto the pommel of the hilt, turning the sword into a swordstaff with a one hundred fifty centimeter haft and deadlier at even longer ranges. And, of course, Vagust can channel his element through it too. 
Appearance: Vagust is a tall Toa, armoured in russet copper and accented with ultramarine, his mask shaped like an Avokhii, and eyes amber in colour. His musculature and physique are obviously evident even with his armour and such in the way, although it's also obvious that he likes his food as well - he is quite a large man overall, and while it's all muscle, it takes a lot of food intake to maintain that.
Bio: Vagust Joveo hails from a universe where, while Mata Nui did succumb to the predations of his brother Teridax and the other Makuta, the Toa were not so helpless - nor, indeed, so naive - as they were in the main universe, and many Toa were raised just to do battle against the threat of the Makuta. Vagust was one of those Toa - created with an innate resistance to Makuta powers and the element of Shadow, and Vagust was also one of the Toa to take that a step further, meditating on his own inner balance and training in such a way that his resistance to such powers were increased to the point that he only had to fear those as much as he might fear any average attack from any average being, rather than being weak or inexperienced with them in any way. Soon after that he took on an occupation as - primarily - a Rahkshi hunter, something he was relatively successful at, before - inexplicably - an Olmak-induced trip to the next island he was to be battling at caused him instead to be transported to the Bionifight arena, where he is now.
Personality: Vagust Joveo is a generally happy and jovial man, doing his best to be friendly to everybody (including the oddly-intelligent Rahkshi) and to have some sort of fun fighting in the Bionifight arena, regardless of whether or not he'd actually like to be there. However, he takes his friends' safety and his own safety to be quite the important matter, and he will fight viciously if he feels he needs to. And should you rouse his temper, he has no qualms against throwing lightning bolts around the place in a matter reminiscent of a Kavinika going absolutely insane whilst trapped in a box.

Edit: and thus did grochi declare on the day that vagust joveo was brought into existence
that the entire profile for vagust shall be a link to the song that was the inspiration for his existence
and is now his theme song
for the great composer gustav holst did create a piece of such magnificent splendor
that it was warranted

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum
  • Upvote 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

What's that? I didn't make Cole. How scandalous! 

Name: Silvanni Zikkray

Species: Vortixx

Power/Weapon 1: Silvanni’s eyes are capable of analyzing any power that does not stem from a weapons or other technological sources. By analyzing the power he can discover it’s weaknesses, trajectory, and anything that constitutes how it works. Of course analysis takes time, and throughout Silvanni must keep his eyes on the target. If he can’t watch, he can’t analyze. In addition he can analysis the weaknesses of structures, and determine how to best break them. 

Power/Weapon 2: Silvanni’s other power is related to his first. He is capable of copying powers by touching the source or the power itself. However if he doesn’t analyze the power, he not only will find it difficult to control, the chances of it rebounding and hurting him increase exponentially. Thus periods of studying are necessary. He can only take on one power at a time, and maintains the power for a little while, thus only managing to keep the power once per round.  

Power/Weapon 3:A pistol capable of transforming into a dagger. That’s it just a simple pistol dagger for when everything else fails. 

Appearance: Silvanni is tall and lean. He has muscles but they aren’t that well defined. His green eyes glisten with a mischievous intent and when using his power turn light blue. Silvanni’s armour is a dark purple and is relatively lightweight. Overall, while tall, Silvanni is not one who makes an impact. Most would just assume him to be a random background character. They’d be right, until now. There’s nothing really remarkable about Silvanni. 

Bio: Silvanni was born in a world full of heroes and villains. Every 3000 years a hero would be summoned to defeat the demon lord. Silvanni’s role in all this? He was shopkeeper A. Always hassled by the heroes and forced to sell his good for cheap. As one can imagine, Silvanni quickly got bored of this lifestyle, and thus when teleported to Bionifight, he was one of the few people actually looking forward to the whole thing. 

Personality/Other: If there’s one thing SIlvanni’s hates, it’s boredom. Everyone of his actions, from analyzing the opponent, to cracking dumb jokes, to even letting himself get hit, stems from a desire to relieve such boredom. Thus his outward actions can often be construed to range from a jokester, to an observer, to even an over the top fighter. At the end of the day, Silvanni is a remarkably selfish being whose only allegiance is on the side that removes his boredom, and only goals to eliminate boredom.

Considering the two things needed for the copying power, I think it looks good to me. ^^

Profile approved!

I mean, we have Tier 6 Rahkshi running around. Even without the extra goodies being Tier 6 provides, their power competence is incredible.

I believe only one of them is level six. Most of them are at Shadow Kraata level, which is actually tier seven

http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Kraata#Stages

Yup, these topics are moving fast.

Why the heck did you add in Omega, then? :P

I'm not going to have this argument with you again...

My current headcanon theory is that alternate universe Rail is babysitting Sand while Xara and Glass are trapped in the tournament.

I don't know which one of them deserves my sympathy more; the Rahkshi or the Shallows Cat.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The Queen told everyone to get out of the arena in 20 minutes or lose a life, so the Host took some people on a tour of the facility. Some skipped it, and everyone is now spread out into several groups; most prominent is the one in the mess hall, and of course, the group that actually followed the Host.

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 2

My current headcanon theory is that alternate universe Rail is babysitting Sand while Xara and Glass are trapped in the tournament.

I don't know which one of them deserves my sympathy more; the Rahkshi or the Shallows Cat.

Sand would be full-grown at this point in the timeline. So.... I'd feel sorry for Rail. 

Wow. I go to sleep and wake up to see 5 new pages on both IC and OOC topics.

I blame timezones.

So, anyone want to help me catch up on what's happened since page... 3?

The Host is giving a tour, characters are interaction. So' not much.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17210-bionifight-infinite/page-3?do=findComment&comment=857630 Omega answered the question.

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Sand would be full-grown at this point in the timeline. So.... I'd feel sorry for Rail. 

True, but Rail would also be at Shadow Kraata level, and would be about ten times more grumpy than he is now. He would also only perform the bare minimum required for pet care.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It took us all that time to get 200 pages and over 10,000 posts. Suffice to say it will take a while for Bionifight to catch up. 

Approvals coming soon.

Anyways, she ended up ordering a mushroom swiss burger. Why a mushroom swiss burger, you ask? ... Green didn't know.

OOC: my guess is that she just did the thing where you close your eyes, point your arm out, and spin in a circle. When you stop, you open your eyes and see what you're looking at.

But I digress. Again.

Man, don't diss mushroom Swiss.

so i did a thing

it was fun

and i actually wrote a bio this time :3Name: Viitkaehl "Viitka" Haakona

Species: Johmak's Species

Power/Weapon 1: Crystalline Physiology, as with the rest of her species.

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Light, Toa-level control over the elemental power of Light.

Power/Weapon 3: Psionic Shielded Armor, her armor passively weakens the power of telekinetic and psychokinetic attacks on her body as well as greatly diminishing the effects of mental manipulation. When the power is active, it creates as a sort of glowing, crystalline barrier, albeit one that can be shattered when enough force is applied.

Appearance: Viitka physically resembles a tall Toa in terms of height, though possess a noticeably heavier, broader build than those of that species. She has the physique of a warrior; thick and solid, and it translates over to her confident posture and impassive demeanor. Her hands are scarred and rough, the fact that the last few digits on her left hand are completely mechanical aren't the only clues to a dangerous lifestyle. These scars run the length of her corded arms, stopping just short of her broad shoulders and back. No such marks cover her equally powerful legs and torso, at least none to be seen. Her natural armor is mainly a dark, obsidian black, with an almost glass-like byzantium sheen to it, though toned slightly cyan near the ends of her extremities. Closer inspection reveals a marbled look to it, with streaks of coppery yellow and indigo shot through its inky coloration. Accenting this are patterns of a bright, metallic blue color, highlighting and curving around her form. They run down the sides of her arms, torso, and legs, spread out in a seemingly random pattern of jagged, organic shapes that cover her body. These designs extend to her face, and cut down from her heterochromatic magenta-blue eyes and continuing to encircle her heartlight, which shares the startlingly vivid coloration of her eyes. The armor itself is rounded and glass-like smooth, with bisected ovoid impression and concentric rings a motif seen throughout.

Facially, her generally impassive features are somewhat angled and avian in appearance, giving her an exotic look that makes her instantly recognizable and hard to forget. A single scar runs down the left side of her face, cutting across her eye and stopping just before her jawline. The additional armor that she wears is of considerable thickness and obviously built for those in the thick of a fight. It has a jagged geometric design in stark contrast to her natural armor, all sharp angles and flat edges. It covers her hands in forearms as combined gauntlets and braces, with twin plates that lead up to layered sections that protect her shoulders and upper arms. A heavy, collared cuirass protects her upper torso and neck and connects to the segmented piece that covers her spine. Interlocking plates sit on her abdomen and hips, while her thighs are protected on all sides by a single plate. Her grieves extend down to her feet for added protection. The armor is a stark white glacial color, broken up only by fringes of icy cyan. The armor is bulky, and does restrict her movement somewhat, but it's served her well. Despite its power being restricted as a result of the tournament, Viitka still wears a Kanohi reminiscent of a Great Huna, though one who's shape and color have been modified to match the stylings of her armor. The small Matoran letters F E E L I T are inscribed beneath the left eyehole.

Bio: Viitka was recruited, though conscripted is a more apt term, into the Hand of Artahka during the organization's glory days, working as little more than hired muscle for the group rather than being an actual member. Nonetheless, she was proud to serve as part of a force for good, albeit a rather destructive one. When the Hand eventually disbanded for understandable reasons, Viitka struck out on her own for a time, living the life of a lost warrior and taking whatever jobs or positions that came her way. She spent time as a bodyguard, assassin, and even the unofficial enforcer for a Brotherhood of Makuta agent. What she didn't know was that her past life was still with her, and watching.

It took some time, but eventually she was approached by her former associates, and asked to join a shadowy organization that rather ironically served the light. She accepted, though more for the direction that it offered than on principal alone. Now a member of the Order of Mata Nui. She continued her vagabond work with a slightly different flavor. Somewhere along the way, either through personal work or training from the Order, she purged herself of her Inner Shadow, and gained her powers over Light as a result. Which she would not say, but it had a profound impact on her view on life, and made her quite fully devote herself to the Order's cause of protecting the universe from those who would harm it.

Her life, naturally, took an interesting turn soon after, when she was approached by a faction that was beginning to gain power within the universe, a collection of mercenaries, bounty hunters, and professional psychopaths calling themselves the Dark Hunters. Given the secretive nature of the Order of Mata Nui, and the possible advantages of having an agent within the mercenary organization, she was advised to accept the invitation. Passing the entrance fight to survive, Viitka once again threw her lot with another faction. She worked as an effective Hunter, though made sure to never quite draw attention to herself for fear of blowing her cover, keeping up the double life even as the Great Spirit was struck down and the Order took a more active role.

This was until a team of Toa failed to revive Mata Nui, and the universe was thrown into chaos. She evacuated to the island above with the rest of the majority of the inhabitants, and seeing as she was still officially a Dark Hunter, worked as part of the law enforcers on the slowly growing metropolis of the island of Mata Nui.

Until she was taken by unseen and unknown forces, and forced to made due within this strange tournament.

Personality/Other: Viitka, quite surprisingly, tends to come off as distant and relaxed, with a pleasant enough disposition, if somewhat distracted at times. And indeed she is, focusing with almost fanatical devotion on whatever happens to catch her interest at that moment, before moving onto something else without rhyme or reason. She’s not prone to outbursts of emotion, and while not antisocial in any particular way, she prefers to listen and observe rather than speak. Unless, of course, the discussion is of whatever she’s focused on at the moment, of which she’d gladly describe in detail. Has a tendency to a rather pragmatic, uncompromisingly frank outlook on life, which can take the form of startlingly morbid observations and honest opinions. She forms strong bonds with those she considers friends, something that stems from her induction within a variety of groups, and her sudden disconnection from them has left her slightly unstable.

Viitka approved.

Species: Male Toa of LightningPower/Weapon 1: General power over electricity and lightning, often manifested as extremely over-the-top and showy bolts of lightning sent flying from on high to smite down all those who would seek to cause harm to Vagust or his friends. But he can also use more finesse-y applications, he just really likes showing off.Power/Weapon 2: Innate resistance to shadow, shadow-based, and Makuta powers. Due in part to his role in the universe he came from and intensive exercises he underwent to make himself stronger, Vagust has built up a powerful resistance to shadow and Makuta powers, aiding him in the occupation he held.Power/Weapon 3: A sword (named Fulgur) with a blade of eighty centimeters in length and an extra long hilt at half a meter, with the scabbard and hilt having been fashioned in such a way that the scabbard can be screwed onto the pommel of the hilt, turning the sword into a swordstaff with a one hundred fifty centimeter haft and deadlier at even longer ranges. And, of course, Vagust can channel his element through it too. Appearance: Vagust is a tall Toa, armoured in russet copper and accented with ultramarine, his mask shaped like an Avokhii, and eyes amber in colour. His musculature and physique are obviously evident even with his armour and such in the way, although it's also obvious that he likes his food as well - he is quite a large man.Bio: Vagust Joveo hails from a universe where, while Mata Nui did succumb to the predations of his brother Teridax and the other Makuta, the Toa were not so helpless - nor, indeed, so naive - as they were in the main universe, and many Toa were raised just to do battle against the threat of the Makuta. Vagust was one of those Toa - created with an innate resistance to Makuta powers and the element of Shadow, and Vagust was also one of the Toa to take that a step further, meditating on his own inner balance and training in such a way that his resistance to such powers were increased to the point that he only had to fear those as much as he might fear any average attack from any average being, rather than being weak or inexperienced with them in any way. Soon after that he took on an occupation as - primarily - a Rahkshi hunter, something he was relatively successful at, before - inexplicably - an Olmak-induced trip to the next island he was to be battling at caused him instead to be transported to the Bionifight arena, where he is now.Personality: Vagust Joveo is a generally happy and jovial man, doing his best to be friendly to everybody (including the oddly-intelligent Rahkshi) and to have some sort of fun fighting in the Bionifight arena, regardless of whether or not he'd actually like to be there. However, he takes his friends' safety and his own safety to be quite the important matter, and he will fight viciously if he feels he needs to. And should you rouse his temper, he has no qualms against throwing lightning bolts around the place in a matter reminiscent of a Kavinika going absolutely insane whilst trapped in a box.

Edit: and thus did grochi declare on the day that vagust joveo was brought into existence

that the entire profile for vagust shall be a link to the song that was the inspiration for his existence

and is now his theme song

for the great composer gustav holst did create a piece of such magnificent splendor

that it was warranted

Vagust approved. Link shortened. :P 

To be perfectly honest, I don't really see how it's too much. Zangah, in effect, is a normal. He has no offensive powers, nor the ability to affect his environment. His sole ability is to nullify direct effect from others. It isn't transferable, it isn't extendable to others, and it protects solely his own body. He can't guard against someone opening a chasm in the earth, or using currents in water to keep him down. A lightning strike to a conductive item he's touching won't be stopped, nor would a Le-Toa conjuring a twister near him. 

In essence, he's a normal who can force others to attack him through more mundane means. Less than that, actually; he's a normal who can prevent others from directly attacking via anything other than mundane means. It isn't area of effect, either; it's solely a personal protection.

Would you mind, perhaps, explaining? I cannot envision a scenario where someone would be so devastated by a lack of magical means that they are unable to either improvise less direct methods, or simply do things the old fashioned way. 

If anything, making it a weaker defense puts him below the power tier. I mean, we have Tier 6 Rahkshi running around. Even without the extra goodies being Tier 6 provides, their power competence is incredible.

EDIT: Well, I can think of one scenario. But that was not only self induced, she could still hit him with a big heavy book. :P

I definitely agree.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So, if the Enforcer tried to nullify Zangah's nullification, would their nullifying power nullify his, enabling him to be hit with magic, or would he block theirs, making his nullification unnullifiable?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Very good question. The staff explained it, but I actually have an explanation within the context of Zangah's abilities. :P

Essentially, from what little information we have, we do not know if Enforcer's nullification is technological or 'magical'. A case could be made for either (given that the failsafes each fighter has were stated to be implants, there is a precedence for the organizers using technological means), but ultimately the source doesn't matter as much. Given the fact that it affects all fighters on command, it isn't a directed effect.

Actually it appears to have more resemblance to an area of effect ability that can be tuned to exclude certain individuals. In essence, by virtue of not being directly targeted, Zangah's nullification would be nullified. Nullifier nullified. Who'd have thought? :P

On a more serious note (on a similar subject); I talked a little with Blade last night about Zangah's power to try and understand both perspectives on it. She rightly pointed out that while its description does describe the mechanics of the power, understanding the mechanics isn't entirely intuitive. Would it be helpful if I elaborated with some of the examples that were discussed then, or would that clarification not be relevant to the status of approval?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, I'm back on here for those of you who care. Not that it matters much. This is getting interesting though... and the fighting hasn't even started! I wasn't really going to join, but I reconsidered, and here I am. Arena type stuff isn't my thing usually.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

Very good question. The staff explained it, but I actually have an explanation within the context of Zangah's abilities. :P

Essentially, from what little information we have, we do not know if Enforcer's nullification is technological or 'magical'. A case could be made for either (given that the failsafes each fighter has were stated to be implants, there is a precedence for the organizers using technological means), but ultimately the source doesn't matter as much. Given the fact that it affects all fighters on command, it isn't a directed effect.

Actually it appears to have more resemblance to an area of effect ability that can be tuned to exclude certain individuals. In essence, by virtue of not being directly targeted, Zangah's nullification would be nullified. Nullifier nullified. Who'd have thought? :P

On a more serious note (on a similar subject); I talked a little with Blade last night about Zangah's power to try and understand both perspectives on it. She rightly pointed out that while its description does describe the mechanics of the power, understanding the mechanics isn't entirely intuitive. Would it be helpful if I elaborated with some of the examples that were discussed then, or would that clarification not be relevant to the status of approval?

Clarification might be useful, yeah. I make no promises but if I've misread or misunderstood something, then it will only help. :P

Well, I'm back on here for those of you who care. Not that it matters much. This is getting interesting though... and the fighting hasn't even started! I wasn't really going to join, but I reconsidered, and here I am. Arena type stuff isn't my thing usually.

Aside from the very first battle (which is going to be mandatory just so that we can all learn the ropes) you don't have to join the arena battles if you don't want to. :)

Theoretically you could dedicate yourself to retrieving Infinite Stones and handing them in to keep your lives up.

Theoretically.

Aw, man. Manndatory battle? But I'll probably have to miss about half of it because of work :c

It's for a couple reasons.

1. So that the players can see what battles will be like and whether they'll want to skip them or join in.

2. So that we the hosts can see how they're going to work :P

3. Right now we have the "until the second Saturday after" time limit in place; having every player involved will be useful in determining whether it works or whether we get rid of it.

4. I thought I had a fourth point but I can't remember it so instead have this picture of a giraffe

giraffes.jpg