Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

That's a good pair of giraffes. But yeah, I don't actually have a problem with it starting on a Saturday, I'm just going to complain about it for as long as I'm employed somewhere where everyone works on saturdays =p

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

That's a good pair of giraffes. But yeah, I don't actually have a problem with it starting on a Saturday, I'm just going to complain about it for as long as I'm employed somewhere where everyone works on saturdays =p

It ends on a Saturday

In all likelihood the first round will start later today

That's two giraffes. I Feel robbed.

On another note, we have a lot of players. How is this first match going to work?

It will almost certainly be a free for all

And probably be located in one of the arenas that allows players to be KO'd more easily

Oh lord it starts today. I'm going to complain even more, then, because I'm closing today.

Seriously, this RPG is so poorly run because it caters to people besides me, me, me

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Oh lord it starts today. I'm going to complain even more, then, because I'm closing today.

Seriously, this RPG is so poorly run because it caters to people besides me, me, me

How dare you say that

Joke---->

(head)

Any groups derping around that I could run into?

There's a group of players in the cafeteria, another group being led on a tour by the Host (who is... also in the cafeteria, I think), and there are one or two players in their quarters.

Um, if it starts later today... I'll be gone for maybe three hours or more... basically most of the afternoon. I'll be driving... somewhere. So I won't have internet. Um... yeah, what do I do about that? I will be on later tonight sometime...

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

How many Glatorian are there?

Not a lot, I think. =P

Also, can we put a limit on how many characters from RPGs can get imported here? Voltex really hit the nail on the head on why I think having half the cast be from Corpus Rahkshi is a bad thing.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Yet even though we've addressed it, more Rahkshi characters have been signing up.

That's two giraffes. I Feel robbed.

On another note, we have a lot of players. How is this first match going to work?

Voltex mentioned that it's going to be a free-for-all. In case that's not what you were asking about... what did you mean? If you're referring to the actual Arena, it's really big. Large enough to properly simulate the Great Furnace, a sizable lake, icy slopes, et cetera.

Any groups derping around that I could run into?

There's a group of players in the cafeteria, another group being led on a tour by the Host (who is... also in the cafeteria, I think), and there are one or two players in their quarters.

The Host's group is indeed passing by the cafeteria.

In other news, I'm thinking all of the Makuta in the game should probably create alliances with each other; I think that not counting custom species, Makuta are one of the most unrepresented species in the tournament, so it would make sense for them to group together.

Ahahahaha! Then you're going to have to all fight each other. Have fun.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

We're already on stopping the Corpus chars..

That's good, but the problem stands that they've already oversaturated the cast to what I feel is an absurd amount.

I'd also like a policy that's wider spanning than just Corpus Rahkshi. Because there's no guarantee that another bandwagon with people bringing in characters from another RPG will go and pick up the slack......

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I meant it's gonna be really chaotic and hard to follow with this many players all fighting in one match.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, just tentatively so.

As for the Rahkshi, While we've informed them that it's getting out of hand, we ultimately can't stop other players from creating these characters.

And unfortunately for us, many of the players disregarding us have been doing so for quite some time.

I meant it's gonna be really chaotic and hard to follow with this many players all fighting in one match.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, just tentatively so.

As for the Rahkshi, While we've informed them that it's getting out of hand, we ultimately can't stop other players from creating these characters.

And unfortunately for us, many of the players disregarding us have been doing so for quite some time.

Yeah, I get that. We're not yet putting a solid rule in place saying "no more characters from other RPGs ever" but we strongly recommend against it at this point.

The first round will start soon! Make your last interactions or explorations before you're transported to the Arena.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

-The Erstwhile Hunter-

Name: Hound

Species: Denuian (See below)

Power 1&2: Denuian Physiology: Members of the Denuian species possess an energy-to-power system similar to Toa, but with several major differences. The first and foremost is that the energy converts not into an elemental or environment-affecting abilitiy, but into a personal, visceral power. When activating their energy, Denuians received an onslaught of (the Bionicle equivalent of) hormones and neurotransmitters similar to those humans would receive due to activation of the flight-or-fight responses, albeit in larger quantities and powered by (spoopy scary) uncanny energy systems. Until their energy is depleted (if used continually, a fully energized Denuian would last as long as a Kanohi user of equivalent skill and training), Denuian's gain extreme strength and speed, equal, respectively, to a Pakari and Kakama user. The energy regenerates overtime if unused, similar to a Toa's elemental energy. Unlike Toa, they cannot utilize their energy in Nova Blast-style bursts for extreme power, or absorb/incorporate anything to recover energy more quickly. Denuians often have a third power, the species equivalent of a Kanohi (described below).

Power 3: Hound possesses the power of vastly increased sensory perception, equal to a Great Kanohi, and is exceedingly resistant to loud sounds and bright lights, due to having even the smallest stimuli be extremely painful for years and years (leading to resistance-through-repeated-exposure).

Appearance: Easily over two bio in height, and proportionately wide, Hound towers over most other combatants. His physique is lean and powerful, a vaguely lupine predatory sense distilled in the vehement, angular features and animalistic movements. In contrast to most beings in the contest, Hound's body is not composed of mechanical and/or organic constructs; it is a mixture of the two, blending the line between organism and machine. His heart, for example, could be viewed as either a mechanical heart carefully and perfectly crafted in imitation of the real organ, or a heart composed of some uncanny, unnatural muscle. The tissue/material composing his form possesses features common to both inorganic and organic material (its durability is no greater than a Zyglak, Toa, Skakdi, or any other equivalent species), echoing the rest of his construction. Since he uses no weapons, his hands are wrapped in thick leather and adorned with brass-knuckles-esque metal pieces, attached to the Shuko covering the bottom of his hands.

Bio: Hound hails from an alternate Matoran universe, where the Great Beings cared not for unity or powers affecting environment, instead focusing on their creations as individuals and bestowing powers and physical structure based on unaccompanied operation. The Denuian species was designed to act as a strange equivalent of both Toa and Glatorian, each one of them loosely attached to a tribe of the species equivalent to Matoran or Agori. They would alternate between protecting (and ruling) their tribe and battling the other tribes for land or resources, engaging in earth-shaking warfare without mercy or clemency. Hound was a dedicated survivor (a rarity among the Denuian species) who would engage in combat only when necessary, preferring to claim resources by discovering them before anyone else, and avoiding the larger, stronger tribes. His skill of a scout and tracker was improved by centuries of action, and his skill in combat was similarly improved in defending his tribe against attackers and the monstrous Rahi that populated his world.

Personality/Other: Quiet and tranquil, Hound is very used to the threat of death and pain, and has adapted to continual danger by becoming dispassionate and objective. He places great importance on objectively considering a situation and doing what is necessary for long-term survival, even if it is extremely painful or callous.

Unearthed this very old character concept. Pretty excited to participate in a Bionifight game for the first time since early 2012.

• Upvote 3

pNNgXax.jpg

I was considering doing Revenge but I will at least wait until there is a more reasonable number of non-Rahkshi characters first.  Here goes nothing!

Name: Buzzz

Species: Insec-Toa of Plants

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental control of plants.

Power/Weapon 2: Modified Kanohi Zatth, used to summon insects and insect-like creatures. Becuase it is more specialized it also allows Buzzz to control creatures it summons.

Power/Weapon 3: Grasshopper-like legs used for high jumps and powerful kicks.

Appearance: Buzzz looks like a gigantic, humanoid, grasshopper. He has four arms and appears vaguely similar to a Toa.  His head is insect-like and he has long antennae.  His legs are bent awkwardly to allow him to perform incredible jumps.

Bio: Buzzz comes from a strange place where nothing is like any of the known universes.  It would be quite pointless to try to describe it, however it is worthy of note that it does attract a fair amount of interdimensional tourists.  Most of them are there to visit its moons, both of which are made out of cheese.

Personality/Other: Buzzz is easily excited, quite hyperactive, and a little bit crazy.  He likes to rush into situations without a plan, just for the thrill.  He has an instinctive fear of being underground and is quite claustrophobic.  His favorite food is chocolate covered tree bark.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Alright, unashamed wall of text incoming. :P

The most important aspect of Zangah’s ability to note is the use of the term “direct”, differing it (intentionally) from a blanket or area of effect power. Any ‘magical’ (magical being a placeholder term; the wide range of powers in the Bionicle world is different to come up with a catch all term for. Muggle is used similarly. :P) power that is purposely directed towards his person specifically will be canceled. Uses of powers near him will not.

Any attack of a muggle nature (any kind of weapon attack, primarily, but a few other creative uses could fall into this category) is unaffected. Now, energy based power are affected the most by this power. A Ta-Toa, for example, couldn’t hit him with a fireball or a Vo-Toa with a lightning strike any more than a Rahkshi or Makuta could hit him with chain lightning. Ranged uses of their powers, unfortunately, require direct action so many of their traditional uses are negated.

Physical powers suffer from this less. To use the comparison Blade suggested when we were talking, you could easily create an ice spike and use elemental kinesis to throw it at him. But you can’t hit him with an Ice Beam. Physical pwers like elemental Earth also get to manipulate what is already existing, so they could, for example, cause the ground to open up beneath him.

As I noted earlier, energy (and though we haven’t really had any show up, force) based powers suffer from this the most. But they’re also the category with the most creative possible workarounds. To harken back to my first example, a Ta-Toa can’t hit him with a fireball…. But they can create a ring of fire around him, or set fire to the terrain around him. A Vo-Toa cannot hit him with a lightning bolt, but they can strike the lake he’s standing in. They cannot shock him directly, but they could electrify their weapon and strike with it. A Ba-Toa could not increase his personal gravity, but he could increase the gravity in the area or increase the gravity of a specific item like a weapon or a tree behind him.

One thing Blade brought up that I find to be worth a specific mention is Psionic powers. Things like Illusions and Telepathy, as fairly indirect powers, are not negated. Things like a mental attack… Well those are weird in and of themselves, because it becomes a strange concept of what Psionic energy is and how much of it is energy versus how much of it is just the person’s mind. As a result, something of that nature can’t be entirely negated; it will be weakened and not as effective as intended, because the direct elemental application will be negated, but the attack will still work at a lower capacity.

In essence, Zangah’s power guards against traditional brute force methods. No one will initially know how it functions, of course, but creative workarounds can be developed. Blade developed a few of them just while I was elaborating on the mechanics. His powers can’t nullify any powers intended to buff the self, either (which means that the vast majority of traditional mask powers are unaffected), which means many a good few opponents will be able to boost their own physical attributes to give them an edge in physical combat, thus disadvantaging Zangah in the one area is is capable of fighting.

In essence, Zangah is exactly what his backstory intended him to be; a Normal capable of neutralizing many of the effects of ‘magical’ beings. He can’t use any of the powers he nullifies for his own gain, nor can he guard against them all. His ability simply forces many opponents (when facing him) down to a level he can feasibly deal with. He isn’t invulnerable, just better protected.

Rather than “no powers for you”, it’s “well, your usual tricks are gone. What creative methods can you think up instead?”

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alright, unashamed wall of text incoming. :P

The most important aspect of Zangah’s ability to note is the use of the term “direct”, differing it (intentionally) from a blanket or area of effect power. Any ‘magical’ (magical being a placeholder term; the wide range of powers in the Bionicle world is different to come up with a catch all term for. Muggle is used similarly. :P) power that is purposely directed towards his person specifically will be canceled. Uses of powers near him will not.

Any attack of a muggle nature (any kind of weapon attack, primarily, but a few other creative uses could fall into this category) is unaffected. Now, energy based power are affected the most by this power. A Ta-Toa, for example, couldn’t hit him with a fireball or a Vo-Toa with a lightning strike any more than a Rahkshi or Makuta could hit him with chain lightning. Ranged uses of their powers, unfortunately, require direct action so many of their traditional uses are negated.

Physical powers suffer from this less. To use the comparison Blade suggested when we were talking, you could easily create an ice spike and use elemental kinesis to throw it at him. But you can’t hit him with an Ice Beam. Physical pwers like elemental Earth also get to manipulate what is already existing, so they could, for example, cause the ground to open up beneath him.

As I noted earlier, energy (and though we haven’t really had any show up, force) based powers suffer from this the most. But they’re also the category with the most creative possible workarounds. To harken back to my first example, a Ta-Toa can’t hit him with a fireball…. But they can create a ring of fire around him, or set fire to the terrain around him. A Vo-Toa cannot hit him with a lightning bolt, but they can strike the lake he’s standing in. They cannot shock him directly, but they could electrify their weapon and strike with it. A Ba-Toa could not increase his personal gravity, but he could increase the gravity in the area or increase the gravity of a specific item like a weapon or a tree behind him.

One thing Blade brought up that I find to be worth a specific mention is Psionic powers. Things like Illusions and Telepathy, as fairly indirect powers, are not negated. Things like a mental attack… Well those are weird in and of themselves, because it becomes a strange concept of what Psionic energy is and how much of it is energy versus how much of it is just the person’s mind. As a result, something of that nature can’t be entirely negated; it will be weakened and not as effective as intended, because the direct elemental application will be negated, but the attack will still work at a lower capacity.

In essence, Zangah’s power guards against traditional brute force methods. No one will initially know how it functions, of course, but creative workarounds can be developed. Blade developed a few of them just while I was elaborating on the mechanics. His powers can’t nullify any powers intended to buff the self, either (which means that the vast majority of traditional mask powers are unaffected), which means many a good few opponents will be able to boost their own physical attributes to give them an edge in physical combat, thus disadvantaging Zangah in the one area is is capable of fighting.

In essence, Zangah is exactly what his backstory intended him to be; a Normal capable of neutralizing many of the effects of ‘magical’ beings. He can’t use any of the powers he nullifies for his own gain, nor can he guard against them all. His ability simply forces many opponents (when facing him) down to a level he can feasibly deal with. He isn’t invulnerable, just better protected.

Rather than “no powers for you”, it’s “well, your usual tricks are gone. What creative methods can you think up instead?”

Alright, this makes a lot more sense than how I was interpreting it. I'm not sure where your profile is on the previous pages, but consider it approved. :)

E: If any profiles have been missed (or I have not linked them in the first post), please post and link me to them.

Edited by Lucina

Does creating Kraata count as a power?

...what do you think?

Hmm, while obviously creating kraata would count as a power, I wonder how it could be worked into the RP. Like, if you had it in a slot would you have to be limited to creating only one kind of kraata per fight, like those trick arrows and kanoka?

I would imagine so. I might go so far as to limit a player to just creating one type of kraata period, or that they die very quickly.  :notsure:

The Kraata should be like pikmin

that is all

just throw kraata at everybody and they die fairly easily if they aren't leveled up, but it takes a long time to level them up and yeah

seems pretty fun haha

Pffffffffft

Makuta Olimar: Kraata thrower.

Neutral special: Kraata pluck

Side special: Kraata throw

Up special: Kraata chain

Down special: Kraata roll call

• Upvote 3

The first of us actually planned to make Corpus Rahkshi chars beforehand. It didn't help certain people *cough* Nato *cough* encouraging the bandwagoners.  :(

Ah.... Dane. I was the first one to put a Corpus character here, and that was literally only because she was perfectly suited to the game. I thought I was doing something original, and I'm honestly surprised that so many Corpus players decided to put their characters - especially ones who can't fight to save their lives, like Sidonas and Omega - into this RPG.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah.... pretty much everyone would be interested in that sort of thing. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Quick question for our gracious hosts, but would you say any of the spaces in the upstairs have any sort of greenery in them? Just want to know if zeph can perform some horticulture anywhere already made or not.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun