Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Speaking of fun, Prose is definitely using terrain to his advantage. Snowball anyone?

A snowball.... on a mountaintop.... in a blizzard.... I honestly fail to see how that constitutes "using the terrain to his advantage". That seems more like "not taking the fight seriously" or "I've run out of weapons".

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Time to bring back a profile from the depths of time (AKA 2012), from the RPG known as Aloft...Blade, you may rejoice. And yes, before anybody accuses me of stealing the idea of having a dragon, you can just ask Blade and she'll tell you that this guy is an old profile. =P

Name: Aclaraung

Species: Dragon of Bota Magna

Power/Weapon 1: Firstly, Aclaraung has latent psychic abilities-he can connect with a being's mind to speak with them, and he can attack them mentally, though the contact is strained through distance, and it requires quite a bit of concentration for him to force entry. The other psychic ability is slight telekinesis-he can pick up many objects with his mind, and use them as weapons/shields, though he can only pick one up at a time, and it can cause quite a strain on his concentration to do so.

Power/Weapon 2: Aclaraung's second power is his minor control of fire. He can either dispel heat or prolonged flame from around him, preventing him from being cooked or from overheating, although a quick blast of flame will still get past his defense. After that, he can breathe a flaming, napalm-like substance, that burns even on water, although completely cutting it off from oxygen will put it out.

Power/Weapon 3: Aclaraung's third power is his flight. He's a Dragon, bruh, he has to fly.

Appearance: A large, resplendent being, with golden-red knife-sharp and iron-hard scales, a long tail with a hardened spike upon the end of it, a mighty crest, three rows of blade-like horns along it, a long, spined frill of flesh which runs down his head to nearly the end of his tail (helping to stablize him in flight), long, clawed wing-arms with powerful muscles, and powerful hind-legs, Aclaraung is the largest, most regal, and most powerful of the dragons to hail from the forests of Bota Magna. For a scale comparison: Aclaraung's neck is as thick as a Toa's midsection, and his jaws are large enough to bite off the portion of a Toa/Glatorian's body ranging from the middle of the sternum and up.

Bio: An ancient being, Aclaraung is the eldest and foremost of the Dragons of Bota Magna, an intelligent race of large, biomechanical beings that lorded over the dinosaurs that were their lessers and terrorized the Agori and Glatorians that lived on the forest moon. Little was known about him by those who weren't of his species, beyond the fact that he was the leader of the race of dragons. He was, also, an apex predator - naturally stronger than the dragons that he commanded and any other beings on the forest moon, in a one-on-one battle, he was unstoppable. However, it is unknown if his attempt to destroy the floating city of Riakla succeeded. He had finally marshalled his forces of dragons and lesser dinosaurs and set them upon the city, when he found himself suddenly removed from the battle, and placed within a strange new place, one where arena battles were commonplace and there was only one other being from Aclaraung's home universe, one of his former enemies.

Personality/Other: Aclaraung is an arrogant and haughty being, though he isn't incapable of being friendly. Partially, his tendency to be aloof and commanding is due to his former position as essentially the king of the proudest species on his homeworld, and partially it is to hide his anxiety over the fact that he has no idea of what has happened to his people in his absence. He isn't entirely without the ability to care about others, either, and should it prove necessary, is not above swallowing his (admittedly great) pride and apologizing if he has done wrong to somebody who didn't deserve it. He is quite calm, compared to what one might expect of a being of his species, and is generally rather hard to anger. All in all, though, he is more subdued than he would be in his home universe, due to the anxiety of being away from his people and having no idea where he truly is or what is actually happening.

I'm also assuming I wouldn't have to include flight as a power, considering how that is simply a natural ability akin to a Toa walking or jumping, or Aclaraung himself using his claws or tail or teeth as a physical weapon.

Edit: Also, fishers, yeah, that's what I was getting at. =P Nice of you to acknowledge it, though, rather than being like I might and adamantly refusing to admit any mistake.

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum
  • Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I, admittedly, missed the fake out. I thought she fired at his chest, then fired up. That one's an issue with reading comprehension on my part. The bit about what the effect of her firing up would be was also a bit unclear, but to be perfectly honest...

No matter. She aimed straight at him, and drew back her bow, aiming dead on for his chest...

And immediately fired upwards. 

The curve she shot at was just sharp enough that a small storm of arrows would fall right on top of the hunter Glatorian's opponent's head, should he keep up his recklessness and charge forward at that speed. Meanwhile, she leaped backwards a bit to open more distance, while grabbing yet another bundle of arrows in anticipation of the next move....

That's your post. Well, the relevant bits of it. I'll gladly edit to fix my mistake regarding the fake out, but the effect is ultimately the same. Hearing a bow fire without anything actually coming near you (and given that Virna is a good shot, anything that isn't either a close miss or a hit is pretty suspect) is incredibly sketchy. More than enough reason to slow down and reassess, which is what Zangah did in the original draft, too. Your post notes that it'd only connect if he continued at a reckless pace, which for that reason he didn't.

Not to mention the fact that Virna's profile states she carries a bow. One bow isn't enough to unleash "a storm of arrows" in such a short time, especially given that the only things noted to be unusual about it were its arrows. It does make reference to some kind of scatter shot, but that seems (for one thing) to be a trick of the arrows, but also means that a precision shot is very difficult. It's like a shotgun; sure you can fire a lot, but the projectiles won't be as accurate. And a shot arched up so specifically as to be able to follow a parabolic trajectory down onto a specific spot, the location of which is already a guess based upon where she thinks Zangah will be, is an unbelievably unlikely angle to get on the first try. Particularly given that with the proximity, she would have to be firing almost straight up. That's a shot so precise that being off even by a degree or two is a miss.

I'm really not trying to insist on this being a curbstomp. I'm writing Zangah the way someone who's been fighting without powers for a really long time would think, and I'm working very hard to keep his reactions within the bounds of what he could realistically do. Use of a bow at such a range is, to be perfectly honest, not exactly an efficient method.

The first time was a misunderstanding, on both our parts, which I gladly retconned so as to be fair. I'm not trying to play unfairly, and I'm not trying to insist on a curbstomp; I'm playing true to the fact that within the bounds of this setting, Zangah is trying to win. Is his most recent tactic, from an IC perspective, kind of underhanded? Yeah. But he's a swordsman trying to fight an archer who's been pretty good at keeping him at range, where he can't counterattack.

Pragmatism is exactly what he'd do.

I'm very sorry if it wasn't the choreographed fight you were hoping for, or that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It isn't my intent by a long shot.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

BS01 says nothing about it. Maybe it's unique to this Arena stage?

Last I checked there wasn't anything unique to the Arena Stage. It's supposed to be exactly like the one in Bionicle canon.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So.... there should be no magical heated path? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Aw, shoot. I thought there was something like that on Ihu for some reason. it's been a while since I read up on 01's locations. I mean, I would think something like that would make sense to have on your huge, cold mountain. Suppose Ehks and I should go back and retcon it, or should it just be an inconsequential marker now, or what.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Speaking of fun, Prose is definitely using terrain to his advantage. Snowball anyone?

A snowball.... on a mountaintop.... in a blizzard.... I honestly fail to see how that constitutes "using the terrain to his advantage". That seems more like "not taking the fight seriously" or "I've run out of weapons".

He has a giant shovel and a pick. His ability only provides support. He pretty much doesn't have any offensive skill. He's more a defensive support class.

He also likes to mess with his opponents. A lot.

@ B9: I might do just that.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

So.... I was right, and it's not "taking advantage of his surroundings," it's "I've run out of weapons." 

Time to bring back a profile from the depths of time (AKA 2012), from the RPG known as Aloft...Blade, you may rejoice. And yes, before anybody accuses me of stealing the idea of having a dragon, you can just ask Blade and she'll tell you that this guy is an old profile. =P

Name: Aclaraung

Species: Dragon of Bota Magna

Power/Weapon 1: Firstly, Aclaraung has latent psychic abilities-he can connect with a being's mind to speak with them, and he can attack them mentally, though the contact is strained through distance, and it requires quite a bit of concentration for him to force entry. The other psychic ability is slight telekinesis-he can pick up many objects with his mind, and use them as weapons/shields, though he can only pick one up at a time, and it can cause quite a strain on his concentration to do so.

Power/Weapon 2: Aclaraung's second power is his minor control of fire. He can either dispel heat or prolonged flame from around him, preventing him from being cooked or from overheating, although a quick blast of flame will still get past his defense. After that, he can breathe a flaming, napalm-like substance, that burns even on water, although completely cutting it off from oxygen will put it out.

Power/Weapon 3: Aclaraung's third power is his slight power over cold, frost, as well. He can dispel cold air and snow from around his person, in order to avoid freezing, at the expense of some energy, much like how he can dispel heat and prolonged flame; after that, he can breathe a vapor cold enough to freeze a target caught in it.

Appearance: A large, resplendent being, with golden-red knife-sharp and iron-hard scales, a long tail with a hardened spike upon the end of it, a mighty crest, three rows of blade-like horns along it, a long, spined frill of flesh which runs down his head to nearly the end of his tail (helping to stablize him in flight), long, clawed wing-arms with powerful muscles, and powerful hind-legs, Aclaraung is the largest, most regal, and most powerful of the dragons to hail from the forests of Bota Magna. For a scale comparison: Aclaraung's neck is as thick as a Toa's midsection, and his jaws are large enough to bite off the portion of a Toa/Glatorian's body ranging from the middle of the sternum and up.

Bio: An ancient being, Aclaraung is the eldest and foremost of the Dragons of Bota Magna, an intelligent race of large, biomechanical beings that lorded over the dinosaurs that were their lessers and terrorized the Agori and Glatorians that lived on the forest moon. Little was known about him by those who weren't of his species, beyond the fact that he was the leader of the race of dragons. He was, also, an apex predator - naturally stronger than the dragons that he commanded and any other beings on the forest moon, in a one-on-one battle, he was unstoppable. However, it is unknown if his attempt to destroy the floating city of Riakla succeeded. He had finally marshalled his forces of dragons and lesser dinosaurs and set them upon the city, when he found himself suddenly removed from the battle, and placed within a strange new place, one where arena battles were commonplace and there was only one other being from Aclaraung's home universe, one of his former enemies.

Personality/Other: Aclaraung is an arrogant and haughty being, though he isn't incapable of being friendly. Partially, his tendency to be aloof and commanding is due to his former position as essentially the king of the proudest species on his homeworld, and partially it is to hide his anxiety over the fact that he has no idea of what has happened to his people in his absence. He isn't entirely without the ability to care about others, either, and should it prove necessary, is not above swallowing his (admittedly great) pride and apologizing if he has done wrong to somebody who didn't deserve it. He is quite calm, compared to what one might expect of a being of his species, and is generally rather hard to anger. All in all, though, he is more subdued than he would be in his home universe, due to the anxiety of being away from his people and having no idea where he truly is or what is actually happening.

I'm also assuming I wouldn't have to include flight as a power, considering how that is simply a natural ability akin to a Toa walking or jumping, or Aclaraung himself using his claws or tail or teeth as a physical weapon.

Edit: Also, fishers, yeah, that's what I was getting at. =P Nice of you to acknowledge it, though, rather than being like I might and adamantly refusing to admit any mistake.

I spent like, five posts doing that though, so it's my bad. I'm reading this RPG at a certain speed by necessity - next time I will be slightly more careful. 

And hey, now we can have a dragon-vs-dragon fight. :P Although A.D. would get his butt kicked by this dragon, so it probably wouldn't be much of a battle. (I thought that Flight and Dragon jaws/claws counted as weapons, but that may be my RPG incompetence talking. :shrugs:

puh-lease aclaraung would take A.D. under his wing

:^)

Also, meh, you came to admit it. It all works out in the end, no harm no foul, etc. etc. and such. Also, by my logic, then by that logic that flight and jaws/claws should count as powers/weapons then walking should be a power for Toa and their arms and legs should be counted as weapons. =P

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Also, meh, you came to admit it. It all works out in the end, no harm no foul, etc. etc. and such. Also, by my logic, then by that logic that flight and jaws/claws should count as powers/weapons then walking should be a power for Toa and their arms and legs should be counted as weapons. =P

I'm not sure I buy the logic because dragons can walk, and not have claws. But I don't feel like having another argument with you today, because I'm probably wrong. :P

I'm not sure I buy the logic because dragons can walk, and not have claws. But I don't feel like having another argument with you today, because I'm probably wrong. :P

Not all dragons have claws or flight. In certain northern European countries' mythologies, there exist dragons with only two legs and no powers of flight at all. And on the other end of the spectrum, some american dragon counterparts have no legs at all, just a snake like body and wings.

and i got ninja'd

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Aw, shoot. I thought there was something like that on Ihu for some reason. it's been a while since I read up on 01's locations. I mean, I would think something like that would make sense to have on your huge, cold mountain. Suppose Ehks and I should go back and retcon it, or should it just be an inconsequential marker now, or what.

We could all just pretend it never happened and keep playing.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I really feel like Kuro may build up an alliance of sorts like the alliance formed by the ninja in the Tournament of Elements.

Just basically a group that will work together and then fight honorably if they are the only ones left in a free-for-all. Even in 1v1s or 2v2s against one another they'll still try and fight honorably.

Anyone interested?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Or just go to the search bar and type in "Kotak."

What do you mean?