Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

That looks good to me.

Atlas, take two!

Name: Atlas

Species: Axonn's Species

Faction: Prisoner, Imprisoned by Cultists

Power/Weapon 1: Mask of Endurance

Upon activation of the mask the user is flooded with stamina, both mentally and physically. This allows him to push past certain boundaries that would otherwise break him, either from great strain on his body or great stress on his mind. The off-set is that it leaves him exhausted from use, and continuous use will cause him to blackout.

Power/Weapon 2: Bound To Duty

A pair of 8' long metal chains, forged into Atlas' wrists. They don't hinder the movement of his hands, but the chains tend to clatter behind him continually.

Power/Weapon 3: Sky-Holder

Atlas can summon a great strength, but his ancient heart means he can only use it for short periods. The level of this strength is incredibly high, but it slows him down considerably. It's possible he could hold up the sky when this is summoned.

Appearance:

Atlas is a tall, bulky being; broad shoulders, broad hips, and large, rippling muscles across his entire frame. He stands a full 13' high. He looks incredibly old; a large white beard covering his face and wrinkles surrounding his striking blue eyes, but his actions are that of a strong, younger man.

His mask is, more or less, a part of his face; moving as he talks and forming wrinkles right alongside his natural ones. His clothing is comprised of a faded red exomis, covering his torso and waist down to his knees.

Bio:

Atlas was born as a giant among his kind, on a dying planet where the sky itself seemed to crush what remained of its citizens. Because of his great height and great strength, Atlas was bound at an early age to hold the sky up for all time. He resented this duty, and rebelled often, leading to severe punishments from his people.

From this he learned anger and cruelty.

As he entered middle age, he realized that the “falling” of the sky was nothing but a trick of the suns as the planet revolved about them; but his people in the lower lands couldn't see this, and were afraid. Atlas forgave them for their past actions and held the sky still.

From this he learned pity and sacrifice.

Time went on, and little remembered the sky-holder on the mountain. Old superstitions faded, and science progressed; Atlas became a myth, hidden by the clouds of the mountain. But still he held the sky. Without him, he realized, they would have never moved on to this point of advancement. He would smile and stretch his arms higher and higher.

From this he learned compassion and love.

A dark day came where he was stolen from his people and dropped onto a strange, weird planet. Weakened from the travel, he was captured easily by a cult and left as a prisoner. So, Atlas began his struggles again, desperate to return to his people.

Personality/Other:

Atlas is capable of great feats of cruelty and rage, and at the same time, can be compassionate and protecting. He refers to himself as the “Father” of his people, and strongly wishes to return to take care of them; even though they don't know he exists. He doesn't trust easily, but won't hesitate to protect his friends and those he loves. It would be unwise to get in his path when this Titan grows mad.

Atlas Approved.

• Upvote 1

Hey Atlas, there was a prison break a little while ago IC. The prison got pretty wrecked in the process and its unlikely that there is anybody still there. 

I mean you can stay there if you want to but it's unlikely that you will get much in the way of interaction.

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So the Macchas and co. get to have their own little private arena fight, but what's actually happening with everyone else? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I thought there was meant to be a timeskip or something, since the battle is pretty much over. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Once the battle at the Facility dies down a little more, we'll initiate a short timeskip of probably a couple hours, so everyone can recover a little bit, and remember those who died. 

I think we're all pretty much waiting for this...

Just a heads up, but I probably might not be on much this Sunday, considering it's my mom's birthday and I'm going back up to NH for a week to visit my dad.

I also don't know what the internet situation up at his place is going to be like, so there's also the possibility that I won't be on much or even at all during that time. Apologies in advance to those waiting for me to post something.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Once the battle at the Facility dies down a little more, we'll initiate a short timeskip of probably a couple hours, so everyone can recover a little bit, and remember those who died. 

I think we're all pretty much waiting for this...

That's going to be soon.

So much for Amorigiahna, then.

Oh well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The prison break is long over. The prison is in ruins, as is the army that owned the prison.

Former prisoners are free to pretty much go wherever they want now. 

Kek. Well, here's my shot at a character:

Name: Iron Raven

Species: Formerly a Toa, if he's right.

Faction: Prisoner

Power/Weapon 1: Fist Rockets. These wrist-mounted cannons fire a trio of mini-missiles. These can either explode, fragment like an Airburst grenade, or electrocute whatever it hits. These are what he considers his primary weapons, readily available. Most of the time.

Power/Weapon 2: Thunder Rifle. This noticeably ungraceful gun isn't necessarily ugly, but is loud and is by no means a weapon for stealth or subtlety, rather a 'Hello, yes I am here' device. It makes up for its downfalls with decent accuracy and the brick-sized bullets it fires. Despite that, these shots don't have much piercing power, just a lot of raw power.

Power/Weapon 3: Blast Jets. These are a series of thruster nozzles, or things that look like them, that can fire for a short time. These are capable of propelling Iron Raven into the sky, but by no means can sustain him for long. These are mainly designed to be able to aid in maneuvering and to help get him a distance in a short period of time.

Appearance: Iron Raven is visibly mostly machine. However, no machine breathes. Some parts of Iron Raven are still from his original, biological self, at least his head and lungs, if nothing else. These are hidden underneath mechanical components and armor. Iron Raven is bulky and blocky, but some parts of his armor are still stylized after bird animals, like his helmet and clawed feet. Iron Raven stands tall at 8'6", and follows slightly odd proportions, with massive shoulders, lower arms(past the elbow, idk what that's called) and shins.

Bio: Iron Raven was the protector of a settlement somewhere, where, he has forgotten. He originally had two allies to aid him in this endeavor, but one of them died and the other left to seek their own path. Iron Raven bid them farewell, and wanted to follow, but remained true to his duty. Over time he suffered many injuries, slowly replacing organics with mechanics, limbs with robotic parts, organs with devices. He misses his old self, and wonders what it is like to be a full living being, but is grateful to chance and luck that he has survived as long as he has. However, in a brutal engagement with an unknown enemy, Iron Raven was disabled and captured. For taking him from his people and destroying his home, Iron Raven hates this 'Cult'.

Personality/Other: Iron Raven has a strong sense of justice and morals, something he developed during his time as a guardian. Iron Raven speaks formally and wishes for little more than to protect those he cares about, or those at risk of harm needlessly. Nonetheless, this does not mean Iron Raven is unwilling to harm or kill to defend himself if need be.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Kek. Well, here's my shot at a character:

Name: Iron Raven

Species: Formerly a Toa, if he's right.

Faction: Prisoner

Power/Weapon 1: Fist Rockets. These wrist-mounted cannons fire a trio of mini-missiles. These can either explode, fragment like an Airburst grenade, or electrocute whatever it hits. These are what he considers his primary weapons, readily available. Most of the time.

Power/Weapon 2: Thunder Rifle. This noticeably ungraceful gun isn't necessarily ugly, but is loud and is by no means a weapon for stealth or subtlety, rather a 'Hello, yes I am here' device. It makes up for its downfalls with decent accuracy and the brick-sized bullets it fires. Despite that, these shots don't have much piercing power, just a lot of raw power.

Power/Weapon 3: Blast Jets. These are a series of thruster nozzles, or things that look like them, that can fire for a short time. These are capable of propelling Iron Raven into the sky, but by no means can sustain him for long. These are mainly designed to be able to aid in maneuvering and to help get him a distance in a short period of time.

Appearance: Iron Raven is visibly mostly machine. However, no machine breathes. Some parts of Iron Raven are still from his original, biological self, at least his head and lungs, if nothing else. These are hidden underneath mechanical components and armor. Iron Raven is bulky and blocky, but some parts of his armor are still stylized after bird animals, like his helmet and clawed feet. Iron Raven stands tall at 8'6", and follows slightly odd proportions, with massive shoulders, lower arms(past the elbow, idk what that's called) and shins.

Bio: Iron Raven was the protector of a settlement somewhere, where, he has forgotten. He originally had two allies to aid him in this endeavor, but one of them died and the other left to seek their own path. Iron Raven bid them farewell, and wanted to follow, but remained true to his duty. Over time he suffered many injuries, slowly replacing organics with mechanics, limbs with robotic parts, organs with devices. He misses his old self, and wonders what it is like to be a full living being, but is grateful to chance and luck that he has survived as long as he has. However, in a brutal engagement with an unknown enemy, Iron Raven was disabled and captured. For taking him from his people and destroying his home, Iron Raven hates this 'Cult'.

Personality/Other: Iron Raven has a strong sense of justice and morals, something he developed during his time as a guardian. Iron Raven speaks formally and wishes for little more than to protect those he cares about, or those at risk of harm needlessly. Nonetheless, this does not mean Iron Raven is unwilling to harm or kill to defend himself if need be.

Seems okay to me, profile approved.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question from the game topic, Dr. Medic, it's probably because I got a ton of inspiration block for the past while, and basically halted everything. >>'

Once I fully get over that, the timeskip will happen, and I'm sorry that I've stalled things so much as it is...

Wow... it's been quite some time since I've actually posted in this game... 

Time to remedy that. 

• 2 weeks later...

That would likely depend on when said astronaut fell from space.

As of right now, I believe that the only way for new characters to be introduced is if they're already members of the cult, or if they're among the numerous prisoners who just recently escaped them. Falling onto the island itself probably wouldn't be allowed, as it bypasses those requirements, but if your character arrived on a planet that the cult invaded afterwards and was taken back to the island with them, that might be a slightly different story.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Honestly, I would probably save them and refine them for another game. Or just use the rough concept here and refine from there. Even if things pick up again, it's endgame after Landfall concludes.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Quick Announcement

Blade and I have been discussing things, and it's obvious to both of us that we lack the time and energy to pull this thing all the way to its conclusion. As a result, we'll be having the topics closed, and we'll write a SS at some point to end it off properly. This SS will probably not go into any detail on specific characters; just some broad strokes to explain when/how/why the ending occurs.

Anyway, that's about it. I'll not waste any more of your time; thanks for playing.

• Upvote 4

Rest in Peace, Bionifight Infinite. 

• Upvote 2

are we going to get to do specific finales for our characters at least, before the topics get locked down

i mean that's what we've all been waiting for the chance to do in the first place, and if you guys are doing one mass effect 3 size-fits-all short story, then we should be able to get real wrap ups

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Quick Announcement

Blade and I have been discussing things, and it's obvious to both of us that we lack the time and energy to pull this thing all the way to its conclusion. As a result, we'll be having the topics closed, and we'll write a SS at some point to end it off properly. This SS will probably not go into any detail on specific characters; just some broad strokes to explain when/how/why the ending occurs.

Anyway, that's about it. I'll not waste any more of your time; thanks for playing.

I was going to lock down these topics at Lucina's request, but Tyler raises a good point. I'm sure there are at least a few people who would like to write final posts for their characters, and I'd hate to deprive them of the opportunity. So, with that in mind, I'll give you guys a week to wrap things up.

The Bionifight RPG topic and this discussion topic will be closed on Sunday, October 11th.

So, Seeing as we're finally nearing the end, (Which I've been suspecting that'll happen for quite a while now), It's time to fully review this RPG. Strap yourselves in, 'cause this is a long wall of text. Sorry if I slip up or be Redundant/Vague about my opinions.

(WARNING: WALL OF TEXT)

I liked the MOBA-Style Arena fights early on, as that was the main thing that drew me into the game. I was constantly thinking up Ideas for potential characters when I wasn't posting here, and thinking of Strategies my characters could pull in the various arena stages.

Speaking of which, I with the onset of landfall, I feel like there was a TON of wasted potential for the Arena fights, especially in the advanced update, out of the 10-odd new things that were announced, we only ended up doing the war games. Whilst it was kind of reasonable explaining In universe (Dropping onto a desolate island is sure to shake up the schedule), It was kind of a punch in the gut for the players. Out of all the possibilities for rounds, we ended up participating in only Five. Still, I had a blast doing so (except round 1, I only joined prior to round 2)

The War games was a pretty low point for me, as all three of my Characters were mostly inactive during the fight stage as most of the main battling force from the other factions just all decided to play defensive, with only a few going for it. I felt like some kind of event to shake things up a'la The Hunger Games would've been needed, to prevent things coming increasingly boring.

As for Landfall, I feel like it did a good job of amping up the tension. In the basic game, you had a safety net in the Arena, meaning you could allow your characters to die whenever and however you please. come Landfall, and you have to fight to keep your character alive from the Marauding cultists, because if you let one of your characters die here, they're gone for good. (unless you make another AU one)

Overall, despite it's flaws, I have to say that this is the best Text-based RPG I've played in a long time. The setting is one thing, but the Characters are another thing entirely. With little restrictions, the possibilities are virtually endless in this game, and that's what sold me on it. You can have anyone interact with anyone, do battle, battle alongside one another, and generally have a good time. Kudos to Lucina, Chro, An/a Blade, Ehks, and Xaeraz for bringing this world to life, and everyone else for making it all worthwhile.

Now we just wait for another Multi-Universe crossover RPG to occupy my time...

Bionifight Infinite: 8/10

• Upvote 3

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Well, it looked fun and I certainly had fun creating my character; unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use him much, but I will probably translate him over to the BZPRPG. The creative team that put this together did a fantastic job, and I highly suggest they plan another RPG together if they get the time and energy back. Good on you guys.

Dr. Medic and SnowyAegis, if it is cool with you two, I'm just going to cancel out interaction with your characters and do a finish up for Atlas.

@FA:No it is absolutely not cool how dare you just cut us off like that that is just so rude what the even man that just isn't a thing you do just leave immediately-

Nah, it's cool man, it's endng anyways, I just wrote IR's ending anyways. Can't really translate a giant, hulking metal thing into the regular RPG though.

• Upvote 2

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!