BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Well, that was better than nothing. A possibility that she could be sent home, and not be trapped forever in this gladiatorial dimension until she died. If the idea gems could send you home was accurate. And if she didn't die first. And if she had a home to return to.

She sighed.

That was a lot of Ifs...

Oh, fresh face, another gem hunter and apparently one having no luck.

"If couldn't hurt to look again," she suggested, "Easy to miss something in this gloom, though I feel these tunnels would be untrustworthy even in the brightest light."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Zakaro (Tunnels)

"They would be," Zakaro stated, reaching out to run a hand along the wall.

"As foreign and not earth as this place is, I can still feel the constant vibration of something constantly... it comes and goes, but isn't static."

He draws it back and frowns a little, as if realizing something. 

"It's honestly a little disconcerting to feel. Never really considered it that much, but.." 

The Onu-Toa trails off, uncomfortable at the implications.

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Tahnok reacted as quickly as he could, barreling down the tunnel at Werl, he tried to grapple on to him and fell flat to the floor. Then he flared up his powers, super-heating the air around them to extreme temperatures, hoping it would shield them from the incoming blasts.

"Use your powers Toa! Strengthen our shield!"

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

~{ IC: Evix }~

After walking down the hall for what seemed to be hours, Evix came across a large door to the entrance of what seemed to be a training area. He spied a Toa of Lightning, who seemed to be looking around for something. 

"Need a sparring partner?" Evix suggested to the fellow toa inquisitively, eager to test his battle skills for what felt like the first time in ages.

OOC: Evix would like to train with Fulmen

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

-==GEM OF ??? - WERL AND TAHNOK==-

The shield trick might have worked, maybe, perhaps... If it were bullets. As it were, however, they were, in fact, bolts of Fragmentation, and passed through the 'shield' harmlessly, and in fact, Werl and Tahnok would likely start to feel themselves starting to melt from the sheer temperature... However, one bolt simply landed close to their feet anyway.

-==GEM OF ??? - KAT AND XARA==-

As Kat and Xara turned around, however, an enigmatic tunnel would be noticed...

Kale Ironshaper- Library

IC: The first thing on Kale's list of items to research had been the other contestants in this sick game. It was an easy decision to make, he would probably be fighting against or along side of all of them at some point or another. Knowing as much as possible about each person beforehand would only make things easier.

The fastest way to find out would be located in the highlights reel, something that a simple computer search brought up for him. It might not have been the most in depth way to know the other fighters, but Kale had other things he needed to research and no way of knowing how much time there was before the next match.

So, settling into a his chair, the Av-Toa fixed his eyes on the screen in front of him. Every hint of knowledge would be located, replayed and memorized. His life and those of others in the same predicament as him might very well depend on it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

-==GEM OF ??? - WERL AND TAHNOK==-

The shield trick might have worked, maybe, perhaps... If it were bullets. As it were, however, they were, in fact, bolts of Fragmentation, and passed through the 'shield' harmlessly, and in fact, Werl and Tahnok would likely start to feel themselves starting to melt from the sheer temperature... However, one bolt simply landed close to their feet anyway.

OOC: Well they did duck. And are at least protected from shrapnel. But the bolts are fragmentation power, like Panrahk, right? And it was aimed at them, but let loose by the time they ducked, right?

IC: Tahnok Nuva

As he picked himself up, Tahnok saw that his hammer and its sling were in pieces. At least the mask it carried was alright. The Kualsi is the trophy of his freedom. That was close. But too random to be coincidence. Either someone is trying to stop us, or the stone is near. He picked up the pieces, then helped Werl to his feet. Wary, he kept the Xa at ready and began following the trail of destruction back to its source. 

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Xara - Lower Hallway.

<"Looks like that shopkeeper was telling the truth,"> I stepped into the tunnel, my eyes adjusting almost immediately to the darkness. The tunnel walls were rough stone, and if it weren't for the fact that it had magically appeared out of nowhere, I would've thought the tunnel was naturally formed. <"Let's go."> 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC: NOCTON - TUNNELS

Nocton reached the pedestal without incident; once he grabbed the gleaming silver sphere that rested on top of it, every member of the quest would suddenly re-gain their hearing. As for Nocton... although he would be unable to explain how or why, something would click together inside his mind. The Queen had been correct; this was the Silence Gem, and as such would give him control over that power.

OOC: Didn't actually give you bunnying permission, but I was going to do that anyways.

IC Daltrahk

Daltrahk and the two Rahks appeared in the cafeteria. "Okay, i'll look for the Toa, you look for the Vortixx, and whatever you do, keep an eye out for tunnels."

IC: Kuro and Prose/Foodcourt

"Yes. However, I will go talk to the Matoran shopkeeper and go research where Prose left off. We shall all meet up here in about...3 hours time." said I.

As Prose wandered the Foodcourt to find Iskane, I went to find the shopkeeper and tried to ask him about the gems.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Xara - Tunnel.

<"You're not scared of the dark, are you?"> I joked. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Xara - Tunnel.

<"Hopefully, these gems the shopkeeper mentioned,"> I replied, <"and probably whatever's guarding them.">

IC: Sudrec

"Uh... Agori are the most populous species of Spherus Magna - my homeworld. They're pretty short - maybe about 0.7-1.0 bio tall - and mostly organic, though my brethren did give the opportunity to some of them to upgrade themselves with cybernetic implants."

"Toa... While technically they're alive, they were more designed as cyborg drones. They're roughly 85% robotic and 15% organic, so they're more machine than living creature. We based them on our own species, but imbued them with the powers of the Element Lords, as well as ten other elemental powers. They were designed a limited intelligence purposed for protecting the Matoran - the drone equivalent of Agori - and helping to maintain the Great Spirit Robot as it fulfulled it's own mission."

-IC:-

"I come from a universe of similar symbiosis. Everything organised on a scale of civilian and leader; we, however, have little in the way of power." Hound had never considered his species as being powered at all; his ability to transform energy into physical boosts was as natural to him as breathing or walking. "Oh, forgive me, I have forgotten myself," he smiled in embarrassment as he offered his massive hand to the armored being. "I am known as Hound. Members of my species are known as Denuians; we are also protectors, of sorts."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Nocton:

Nocton went over the tactical possibilities this might hold for him as he walked back to the group. Now he could deafen enemies as well as blind them with his Shadow. It would make sense to reconsider his fighting style now, and focus it more on distraction and diversion. It would be a good idea to form an alliance, so he could hang back and do tactical support.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnels

The first sound she heard was a harsh, ragged breath. It sounded close. It sounded like something ready to lash out at any moment, and she was defenseless against it.

Then she realized it was her own breath. Sound had returned, and she began to calm. She could "see" again. Her fellow conscriptees gathered around, the big guy walking back, presumably after removing whatever was causing the field. She didn't want to ever be near it again.

She tried to gain a semblance of composure as the others took notice of the change. "Okay, you got your precious gem," she snapped at the Queen, though lingering panic softened its edge. "It's been fun and all, but I'm leaving. Let me go before I start stabbing people!"

IC: Viitka

She stepped over to Hound, or the two of them as she soon found out once she moved around and cleared his massive bulk to see the armored being behind, and gave a small smile in greeting.  Looked like he was making friends too, good.  They'd need more if they were to make it through this madhouse of a tournament.

"Glad to see you're fine," She said to the huge Denuian, before inclining her head to the newcomer, with a rather eloquent greeting of, "Hey, what's up?"

Edited by The Tomorrow Girl

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Hm. The Toa (?) Hound had referred to as "Viitka".

Use of slang and less-than-formal language... Hm...

"U-uh, just getting my bearings around here. Took me a moment to adjust after thinking this was the afterlife for a bit."

Sudrec's voice wavered slightly, as if he was somewhat uncomfortable around the biomechanical being. Which he was.

IC: Dayeth.

"You're probably right," she admitted wearily. She hadn't stopped moving since she'd arrived here, always doing something, fighting someone, searching for answers. "Which way was it to the Comfort Sector?"

IC: Dayeth.

"Thank you," said Dayeth, grateful for the Rahkshi's help, "I'll see you in the arena, I imagine....' 

IC: Kuro/Commercial Sector ---> Learning Secror

I found the stall of the Po-Matoran. Apparently he had already spoken a lot already, and I felt that I shouldn't disturb him. I Started to make my way to the Learning Sector.

IC: Prose/Commercial Sector

I began walking around looking for Iskane.

OOC: Both are open for interaction. Prose is looking for Iskane.

She wasn't announcing the end of their alliance? Hound was very confused; Denuians had little care for allies unable to prove their usefulness, and regularly discarded their weakest pawns. Viitka's forgiveness of his ineptitude, and apparent lack of concern at his current lack of success, was more than shocking; it was unthinkable.

He recovered from his confusion only as Sudrec, who seemed decidedly uneasy, finished speaking. "Sudrec, Viitka. Viitka, Sudrec," Hound introduced the two of them of to each other with a polite gesture. "I wouldn't worry too much about adjusting or getting your bearings, Sudrec; I'm fairly sure that we're all a bit disoriented by our current surroundings." Hound turned to Viitka, pausing momentarily to devise intelligible speech. "Apologies for disappointing and abandoning you with my early defeat. I was unused to the abilities of my opponents."

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

Sudrec waved nervously at Viitka, but then suddenly turned to Hound again at his statements about being unused to his opponents capabilities.

"Do you want me to help? If it's elemental or mask powers you're wondering about, I was a part of the design process, so I could explain them to you."

IC - Vagust:

Vagust had quietly slipped out of the commercial sector once the gem of dodging had been captured finally, by a large draconic being. Now he was simply roaming about the facility in order to find something more to do, perhaps to find the Host again and see if he'd had anything more he'd wanted to speak about. After meandering near the medical facilities - and seeing what happened to a large Manas Crab - Vagust simply made his way back to where the crab had been and where the Enforcer was now.

"Do escapades like that with the gem happen often, or will I be able to get through my stay here without requiring large numbers of headache-relieving pain killers?" Vagust joked, hopefully catching the Enforcer's attention.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Viitka

Viitka nodded in greeting to the armored being who Hound had called Sudrec, before her multi-hued gaze focused on the Denuian once again.  She listened intently as he spoke, one eyebrow slowly raising in slight confusion.

"Don't, uh, worry about it," She began slowly, "No need to apologize, you got pretty swarmed.  If anything, I should have tried to get there sooner."

"Besides," her smirk returned, "Disappointing isn't the word I'd use, it looked like you could take on a makuta one-on-one."

She'd have to ask him about that later on.  It was... strange.  Then again, she supposed that she should expect more of that from this place, and the people here.  Speaking of which, Viitka turned towards Sudrec with a much more confused expression.

"Design process?" She asked, that alone enough to cause some interest.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne reached Artorre's group and began maneuvering her way past. "Excuse me." she murmured, going between Olari and Lekona. She wasn't going to challenge Artorre's assumption that she had been gem hunting. But she would not engage in such a speculative and unproductive activity. Such things were usually random. Ismekne preferred hard facts, like how much damage her warhammer could hit. 

"... Ah. I just told Mr. Hound here, but I'm one of the Twenty Great Beings who created the Matoran and their derivative species, alongside the rest of the Matoran Universe. Toa, Turaga, and all that. Though apparently his universe doesn't have Toa. Odd." Sudrec was on a bit of a roll. He would have to ask this "Denuian" what his world was like. If it was so far removed from Spherus Magna...

IC: Lekona - Lower Hallway

Lekona was hanging out at the back of the group, just keeping an eye out for any tunnels. The tunnel that they had found before the first round seemed to have appeared at random, and he had his doubts that any amount of searching within the walls with elemental powers would have any effect on the discovery of a tunnel. No harm in letting the others try though, even if it ended up fruitless, it was at the least a way to burn the time away while they searched.

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

Hound was still recovering from Viitka's response when Sudrec revealed he was one of the creators of this Toa species; the proclamation destroyed his already destabilised world. From now on, he would resolve to assume nothing about his fellow combatants; they all seemed to be gods and monsters of the strangest types.

He considered saying something in response to Viitka's dismissal of his apology, but found himself speechless. He resolved to converse with her in greater detail later, and turned his attention back onto Sudrec. "I would be more than thankful for whatever information you care to provide; I know nothing of these Toa and Agori. Their powers are utterly alien, rendering my normal tactical preferences useless."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Zakaro (Lower Hallway)

The Onu-Toa shrugs in reply, before following up with a sentence. 

"You can go right ahead, but I don't think this is the work of a machine. At least, not a typical one with gears and wires. Perhaps something a bit less... grounded in the physical, I suppose?.. seems to be at work."

He sighs and brings a hand to his forehead, uncomfortable and uncertain. 

"Feh, this reminds me of just why I don't think too hard about all this. The deeper you go the more confusing it gets."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC:

"Greetings." Noroi said simply, observing her surroundings intently behind her helmet. It seemed that the vast majority of contestants had, unofficially, banded together with one another. Unsurprising. Most beings, in a dangerous situation, would choose to find those like them, connect to others in a tightly knit unit. Bonds forged by such circumstance were often some of the strongest. An unusual kind of loyalty was often formed between comrades, even though they knew little about each other. Some, like Catatonic, were fortunate enough to have familiar faces at their side. Though only the first round had passed these divisions and loyalties were already forming between most of the contestants.

There was a certain irony, she supposed, that Noroi lacked such bonds. It seemed to be a recurring theme in her life. She stood alone, even without meaning to, and it always came back to haunt her. Now more than ever. She was sealed away, limited by an enemy's will. Only the permission of another could free her, but in this place it served her peers best to ensure that she stayed locked away. In the next round, she would stand alone, beset on all sides by foes she knew not.

Once again, it seemed her path was decided for her.

In the back of her mind, she wondered how long she could fight her sealed fate this time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG