What is your oldest set?

Xan

So recently, the loft was cleared out and we found a few old spaceships. 

After a few hours on Bricklink, a few days and hydrogen peroxide, the ships were returned to a decent condition. 

http://imgur.com/a/KhEdK

So, that leads me to my question. What old classics or disasters do you own?

EDIT: Hot topic! Woo! 

Edited by Craig B

Oldest Bionicle set was a Gali Mata. One of em, anyway, I think I ended up getting a duplicate.

Oldest full set I can remember was the Aquanaut Crystal Explorer sub in 1996. Although I'm sure I had been given a few impulse truck sets before then, not to mention Duplo. Don't really have anything that predates the early 90s.

:music:

wow i wish i knew for sure...I think i have a handful of some of the original lego star wars sets, but i don't remember for the life of me what they are, they haven't been in one piece since I was six...also I think some really old duplo bricks...

oldest bionicle set is the entire first wave though...proud of that one...:P

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

My oldest Bionicle sets is the '03 Toa Nuva, Takanuva, and Teridax.

And my oldest non-Bionicle set would have to be a small Lego City shop set my brother gave up back in '06.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I believe that I received my initial Lego collection from some older relatives. Granted, none of them were sorted into sets, but I have run into a few bricks that are old enough to have a different font for the word Lego printed on the studs. Beyond that, I know I have a good assortment of sets from the '90's, some of which I am sure are as old as I am.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I don't remember what my first LEGO set actually is, but the oldest set in my possession is Rahkshi Vohrahk. In terms of age, I have to say Tahnok-Kal. First brick set I remember having is Battle of Metru Nui. The latter two are currently disassembled for parts.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Here's all my Oldest Sets:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spartan225/Drawings/2015/Mocs/znapandmata.png

The yellow thing was the first lego-related set I ever got, called ZNAP; it's supposed to be a tow truck that can turn into a plane, which is kinda strange. I vividly remember unboxing it in the living room by the Fireplace and VHS cabinet the night before Christmas from my Aunt when I was Three and a half years old... probably one of the earliest memories I have, now that I think about it.

The first Bionicle set I got was Pohatu Olda, as seen in the picture; He was the last one in Toys R' Us that I could pick out, but I loved it anyways, and it sold bionicle for me.

both of the ones in the picture are my first sets, which I recently remade when sorting through old buckets of lego I still had; Gali was also an original set of mine, and the rest of the olda/the exo toa were my brother's originals, which he eventually gave to me; the only one not made completely of parts we bought at release is the Kopaka, since my bro bought an opened Canister that was missing most of the parts, so I finally decided to buy the missing ones to complete the set. (Still looking for those Exo-Toa feet parts and Tahu's red hand, which I might also have to replace...)

--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

I have the original Aquanauts, a bunch of 90s city sets, and the lego soccer and basketball sets

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I have no idea what year it's from, but my oldest 'set' is a red bucket of various parts. If it has a listing on Brickset I couldn't find it.

Aside from that, my oldest known set is, according to Brickset's release dates, the Neptune Discovery Lab. I actually still had the submarine part of the set assembled as of yesterday, but I dismantled and bagged it to make room for other sets. I remember my favorite thing about it was the conveyer belt. Pretty cool set, all around. I should rebuilt it one day.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Oldest LEGO (and BIONICLE) set I happen to own is Gali Mata, though not my first Bonkle. (that was Lehvak-Kal, I acquired Gali Mata in 2008 or 2009 of all years) 

Didn't really start getting system LEGO until 2005. BIONICLE was pretty much my introduction to LEGO. Well, not really considering it's not system LEGO, but you get the point.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

The first LEGO set I got was Garan, which was a gift from my uncle in America.

I've no idea which is the oldest, because I've loads of bits of old sets, which I got from a car-boot for £10.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

My oldest Bionicle set is Jala Tohunga. As far as I remember, it was also the first set I ever got, and it got me into Lego (thus why Jaller is my favorite character in Bionicle).

My oldest set that is still intact is the 2000 (or 2001?) Millennium Falcon. It is still on my shelf today, with all (or at least most) of the mini figures. I even still have the chrome lightsaber hilts.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

According to what I've recorded of my collection, it'd be 733 Universal  Building Set and 744 Universal Building Set, both released in 1980.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 4 weeks later...

Personal first: The Star Wars Ep 3 set with Anakin's fighter and the vulture droid http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=7256-1

Oldest Bionicle: 2003 Matoran

Oldest Lego: My brother grew up in the 90's so probably something around the 1993-1995 range

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Personal first: The Star Wars Ep 3 set with Anakin's fighter and the vulture droid http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=7256-1

Oldest Bionicle: 2003 Matoran

Oldest Lego: My brother grew up in the 90's so probably something around the 1993-1995 range

Aw, man, I loved this set when it came out! I remember I got it as a reward for helping to clear out my great-grandmother's house when she moved to assisted-living.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

My parents say they had me playing with duplo as a toddler but the earliest stuff in my memory is the mid/late 90's stuff like rock raiders, aquazone, ufo, life on Mars, roboforce, exploriens, and all the other space stuff from then.

I recently bought a roboraptor, still sealed from 97. That was one of my favorite sets as a kid and my original set had been disaasembled and lost among many bins a long time ago.

To OP, those are some awesome finds, the real og space stuff is awesome. I never had any of it as a kid but I certainly want to get some at some point.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

• 2 weeks later...